Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Whatever the case, I wonder what's causing her to fly out of the screen. Rallies don't move anyone and you can't rally units if their buffed stats can't go any higher.

Speed Feint apparently allows a Rally to be used even if it would buff the unit any higher (so that you can always use it to debuff).  From what I understand, the glitch happens when the following two conditions are met: the unit being rallied already has buffs equal to or higher than the rally, and there are no enemy units in the cardinal directions for the Feint to work on.  So you have a unit performing the action, but nothing happening.

As a guess, the code is probably shared for all assists and tells a unit where it is supposed to be after any assist, and the movement off-screen is a catch-all for situations that aren't otherwise handled.  Whoever added the changes for Feints probably missed adding a clause to prevent the action from being taken when nothing would happen (like trying to Reposition a horse onto a tree) or otherwise handle this specific case, and as a result we hit the catch-all.  I don't know why the catch-all moves the performing unit off-screen instead of leaving them in place, though it's probably for debugging purposes.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

I don't know why the catch-all moves the performing unit off-screen instead of leaving them in place, though it's probably for debugging purposes.

The “default” position is likely (0,0) or (–1,–1), which tosses the unit outside past the bottom left corner.

If the bottom left tile is defined as (0,0), then the unit goes to (–1,–1), and –1 is quite often used for false values. If the bottom left tile is (1,1), then the unit gets sent to (0,0), and 0 is the default for most values.

Edited by Vaximillian

As I predicted, my chart was right and Anna just destroyed her opponents. 

Also, I put miror strike on my +spd,-def B!Ninian, do you think that is a good idea ? 

Edited by Kozac

My GC ended with me at max tier with two lances to spare (that I also burned). The last round to push me to that max score was also fairly amusing, with me on the cusp of defeat and all my fliers/Nanna dead on Turn 3- as well as most of my forts almost taken back by the red army. No idea how that one turned into a perfect 4S Rank.

(No, I don't have a Nanna, that one comes from someone else in my friendlist.)

12 hours ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

The thing is, trying to enforce a strategy like holding chokepoints doesn't work if you don't have teammates with the same idea. I've been on teams that have held chokepoints for 90% of the round and lost everything in the last few matches even when we've had ideal set-ups. I've also been on teams that have had 3 or 4 territories in the next to last or final match and ended up getting 15+ territories in the end. Maybe it's not too accurate to say that only the last few rounds matter, but the tides can turn VERY quickly. 

If we could communicate with our teammates, knew what kind of resources we all had going into the round/how many people we were with and maybe against, and each team had similar chokepoint set-ups, there would be far more you could do to work strategically. 

You need to just hope that there are a few people on your team with enough common sense to fight on the important areas.

You can also just dump a few lances into an area and hope that you inspire your teammates to help out.

On round 21, I spent 6 lances and some spare stamina to try to take a very important area that Alphonse held right in the middle of our areas (team Sharena). My score on the area was over 70,000 (I wasn't even the highest scorer on the area! It was someone from Alphonse's team), and by the time I was out of stamina and lances we were still down by 30k with about 20 minutes to go. Dejected, I went to grind HM and came back to check the map with 5 minutes left to see that my teammates came to my rescue. We scored well over 500,000 points and took the area with a knockout (when I left we had 300k in that area). If I hadn't dumped everything into that area we would have lost it to a knockout and several of the surrounding areas as well.

Then on the final round, our team went off for 8 or 9 knockouts and went from 12 areas to 18. Alphonse's team literally did not show up. Between us and Team Anna they lost 10 or 11 areas to a knockout. They went from 18 areas in round 21 to 5 at the end. It was winning those important areas in round 21 that left them helpless in the final.

Communication would be... interesting. On one hand you could see very fast knockouts in the first 10 minutes of each round, or you could see massive arms wars as neither team would be able to get up by 100k.

9 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

You need to just hope that there are a few people on your team with enough common sense to fight on the important areas.

You can also just dump a few lances into an area and hope that you inspire your teammates to help out.

On round 21, I spent 6 lances and some spare stamina to try to take a very important area that Alphonse held right in the middle of our areas (team Sharena). My score on the area was over 70,000 (I wasn't even the highest scorer on the area! It was someone from Alphonse's team), and by the time I was out of stamina and lances we were still down by 30k with about 20 minutes to go. Dejected, I went to grind HM and came back to check the map with 5 minutes left to see that my teammates came to my rescue. We scored well over 500,000 points and took the area with a knockout (when I left we had 300k in that area). If I hadn't dumped everything into that area we would have lost it to a knockout and several of the surrounding areas as well.

Then on the final round, our team went off for 8 or 9 knockouts and went from 12 areas to 18. Alphonse's team literally did not show up. Between us and Team Anna they lost 10 or 11 areas to a knockout. They went from 18 areas in round 21 to 5 at the end. It was winning those important areas in round 21 that left them helpless in the final.

Communication would be... interesting. On one hand you could see very fast knockouts in the first 10 minutes of each round, or you could see massive arms wars as neither team would be able to get up by 100k.

A kind of similar thing happened to me, and a lot of people just because a lot of folks seemed to save their lances for the final round. I used up all of my lances just to get to tier 25 because during the final hours of GC, I'm at work. So I just got to watch things. Alfonse (my team) spent the entire day getting absolutely crushed. At one point we were down to three territories. We managed to claim a few more in the next to last round and then an hour into the final round, we'd won 21 territories all by blowout. It felt less like strategy and more like our team definitely had more resources to blow to overwhelm both opponents so quickly.

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

The “default” position is likely (0,0) or (–1,–1), which tosses the unit outside past the bottom left corner.

If the bottom left tile is defined as (0,0), then the unit goes to (–1,–1), and –1 is quite often used for false values. If the bottom left tile is (1,1), then the unit gets sent to (0,0), and 0 is the default for most values.

Sounds like the FE4 dismounting Seliph glitch. This isn't the right way to include it IS, wait until Legendary/Seasonal/ExaltedMeisterBlessedAnamnesisBowHinokaZelgius Seliph! 

Make it what, a B skill called Four Directions? Can warp to any of the map's corners at any time? Probably would be best on a winged Seliph. So Seasonal then.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I got that actually, though I didn't mention it.  I just don't know why they have it return to default position as the catch-all instead of staying in place and doing nothing (though it's possible it's not explicitly coded that way).

On 5/22/2018 at 9:42 AM, Hawk King said:

I really hate it when people say this. If your team is backed up to their base with only 1 area, It doesn't matter what your team does, you will finish with terrible results. Holding key chokepoints or just areas with a large number of paths branching out from them is always beneficial no matter what round you're in.

The "good" time to use lances is in the last 30 mins of each round so that you can take advantage of the troops bonus multipliers, and you can view the map to see where you can be the difference in holding or losing an area.

My team was down to 2 areas at the start of the last round, and we ended up winning with I think 14 areas by knocking out a massive number of nodes (of which my Hardin got to stand on 3 of the knockout nodes).

12 hours ago, mampfoid said:

As for GC tier 25: I've had no problems this time reaching it with 4-5 lances left in doing auto-battle infernal.

Horses worked best, with the extra boosts on day 1-2 they captured the enemy fort a bit too early (making me loose points for kills) but from day 3-6 they didn't capture the enemy fort most of the times. Usually I got a score of 7,000-9,000 when activating 8x multiplier. 

I hit Tier 25 with only one lance restore remaining, granted I was horrible at using my lances in the middle due to attending Anime Central.

I manual battle most of my maps, but ended up doing the last 5 or 6 runs mostly on auto-battle because I knew I was going to have at least one spare lance restore remaining at the end even if my team performed poorly. Scores were generally 8,000-11,000 depending on the damage to the enemy base.

I tend to pick nodes by their map and not their position, generally picking one that is advantageous for either my cavalry team or my flier team.

19 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Ice Dragon perhaps I had more restores left (~4) because I played every ~8 hours to not lose lances? Usually I was too lazy to choose the best map for my teams. 

Yeah, I definitely missed around 3-4 runs' worth of lances from not making sure to use them when they filled up, so that tallies out close enough.

Missed out on max due to work and phone being stupid. Charge port got fried, somehow, so i needed to get a wireless charger in order to sustain it.

In other news, thanks to the GC feathers, I was able to bring Clair up to +5. She's looking very nice and can't wait to pull three more copies of her so I actually have enough for +10.

duchj3J.png

Edited by silverserpent

On 5/24/2018 at 9:15 AM, mampfoid said:

@silveraura25 Time for Infernal CCs. 

Don't kill me please

@Tybrosion Did a bit of spring cleaning. Man, these 5 star exclusives that I have are just a waste of space. It's really hard to merge my +spd -def Elise. I'm waiting for that +res or +hp superboon Nanna so I guess I'll start investing in her already

Spoiler

Edited by silveraura25

I realize that I don’t like either Ayra or Ishtar’s artwork in this game. Ayra looks to edgy, while Ishtar has a wierd face. Maybe I dislike the artwork since I’m used to the Cipher artwork, which I like a lot more

8 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Don't kill me please

@Tybrosion Did a bit of spring cleaning. Man, these 5 star exclusives that I have are just a waste of space. It's really hard to merge my +spd -def Elise. I'm waiting for that +res or +hp superboon Nanna so I guess I'll start investing in her already

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20180524-090324.png.68d9f2bb33e1dc2bb0f4ce18b6d86f25.png

Every time I see an Elise get foddered off, I die on the inside just a little bit more.

31 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Every time I see an Elise get foddered off, I die on the inside just a little bit more.

Nah. I haven't foddered her yet. Just wanted to see a reaction. Though I will fodder her to Nanna at some point. There are some skills on Elise that I don't want to let go to waste so I'll have to SI Nanna some skills here and there

15 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Nah. I haven't foddered her yet. Just wanted to see a reaction. Though I will fodder her to Nanna at some point. There are some skills on Elise that I don't want to let go to waste so I'll have to SI Nanna some skills here and there

Was one of the units that I disposed of recently a favorite of yours or something? If not, then I don’t see the point of you telling me this.

Edited by Tybrosion

Well since this week has been void of stuff to do with stamina I have been raising all my merge fodder to level 20 4* so that they can be ready for merging.  I seem to get about 8 units to level 20 in the training tower per stamina bar.  I have most of my GHB and TT merges ready for feathers, I am down to Zephiel and Valter and then I will be done.  Lucky for me TT starts tomorrow so I won't be bored with Heroes anymore, but at least I figured out a good way to fill in down time.  I need to start HM grinding but it is so boring and slow that I put it off, but my need for feathers is getting pretty high so once Zephiel and Valter's merges are ready to promote I need to put feather grinding at the top of the list of stuff to do.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Was one of the units that I disposed of recently a favorite of yours or something? If not, then I don’t see the point of you telling me this.

I recall you once saying that foddering Elise would get a emotional response. I was just curious as to what you'd say. And I don't really care what people do with their units. As long as they don't do something stupid like fodder Fallen Celica for hone atk, I'm fine with whatever they do. Will this cheer you up? I'm planning on foddering a lot of my 5 star exclusive units, one of them being mage Eirika.

Edited by silveraura25

On 5/22/2018 at 10:42 AM, Hawk King said:

The "good" time to use lances is in the last 30 mins of each round so that you can take advantage of the troops bonus multipliers, and you can view the map to see where you can be the difference in holding or losing an area.

I dunno man, if your team has some ambitious people on it, you can get an early knockout or otherwise heavily discourage opponents from even bothering with a given area. Consider an area where both teams have several hundred thousand points; they could have spent even less stamina early on and got a knockout if they weren't waiting to see what would happen. 

I also definitely agree with the idea that lances are best saved for the last 2 (maybe 3) rounds, since nothing is worse than having to sit there and watch the enemy get knockout after knockout without resistance.

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

As long as they don't do something stupid like fodder Fallen Celica for hone atk, I'm fine with whatever they do.

Oh, so like foddering off Thunder’s Sword Reinhardt for Death Blow then. (Note: I didn’t do this myself.)

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Will this cheer you up? I'm planning on foddering a lot of my 5 star exclusive units, one of them being mage Eirika.

Yeah, that balances things out.

16 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, so like foddering off Thunder’s Sword Reinhardt for Death Blow then.

This is stupid. Everyone knows he is Vantage fodder.