Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

This is stupid. Everyone knows he is Vantage fodder.

Well, his “Magic is everything” self definitely is. Not that I need a Rein of any kind for Vantage, what with the backlog of 4* Lon’qus (7) I have.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Meanwhile, both best Fates girls got their red weapons:
Screenshot_20180523-205945.jpgScreenshot_20180525-004558.jpg
If only there was a naginata that was blue in colouration…

I also need Brave Ikes. Many Brave Ikes.
All of them.

Edited by Vaximillian

53 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, his “Magic is everything” self definitely is. Not that I need a Rein of any kind for Vantage, what with the backlog of 4* Lon’qus (7) I have.

I hate that so much, by the way. Reinhardt should be Goad Cav fodder at 4 star. The only other sources of that skill are Camus and Finn and we don't know if we're ever getting more of them.

'Course this game is filled to the brim with incredibly rare but not notably useful skills. I wish they'd add these rare passive skills to existing units in order to increase their fodder potential. Feels like a lighter request than adding incredible, refineable personal weapons.

It may be silly of me to share a dream I had here, but hear me out.

Spoiler

I was summoning, but the rules of this summoning banner were... different.

First off, summoning an orb cost not just orbs, but also "stamina", and there was one orb in the corner that showed... Infantry Camus duel wielding daggers? But I couldn't select his orb, not until the other 4 orbs were summoned from first.

When I summoned a Red orb, the unit I got was 4* Marth... the Wyvern flier wielding a Runesword.

Then the orb selection was changed. Where it was previously fairly color balanced, now there were no green orbs to speak of, and Camus was changed to Est with a Cursed Lance.

I don't remember all the "units" that were summoned (I remember an old lady infantry dagger and a snarky infantry red tome mage, both were not characters I recognized from any FE games), but each summon, both the orb selection and the unit in the corner changed. At one point it became Alm with a Bow, for instance, another time it went back to Duel Dagger Camus.

Once the initial 4 orbs were summoned... I was out of stamina.

I had to use a Stamina potion, as well as have 3 additional orbs, to summon the last unit from the corner orb...

I only had 17 orbs, so I couldn't tell you what was so special about the corner orbs unit.

...I only hope we never get a banner with such odd rules. Also I probably should lessen how often I play if I'm now dreaming of summoning heroes...

4 hours ago, Poimagic said:

I realize that I don’t like either Ayra or Ishtar’s artwork in this game. Ayra looks to edgy, while Ishtar has a wierd face. Maybe I dislike the artwork since I’m used to the Cipher artwork, which I like a lot more

Woah wait a minute.  Now I agree with Ishtar, though it has grown on me, the little face portrait by the stats definitely still looks off.  However Ayra is one of the most gorgeous in the game, and Ayra is very edgy in Genealogy.  

Why no English version of Cipher?  Yes I have seen some of the arts and it is  like the best of the entire series.  However that is cause it is a paper card game and the artist has a ton more freedom.  In terms of positioning, pose, space, background, etc.  

Lost two units in an arena match today because this whole time I've been under the assumption that Bold Fighter worked similarly to its Vengeful counterpart in that it only works if the user is at 50% Hp or higher.  Apparently there's no Hp requirement.  I want to know what kind of drugs they were on when they designed that skill lol

3 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

Lost two units in an arena match today because this whole time I've been under the assumption that Bold Fighter worked similarly to its Vengeful counterpart in that it only works if the user is at 50% Hp or higher.  Apparently there's no Hp requirement.  I want to know what kind of drugs they were on when they designed that skill lol

Well at least you don't get extra special cooldown charges....oh wait.  You also can do that ridiculous thing with putting QR in seal slot allowing doubling on both phases without speed mattering.  Hardin's best build has Warding breath in the A slot.  So he gets extra special charges on both enemy phase and player phase, and he doubles on both enemy phase and player phase.  On top of having 175BST and a legendary weapon.  Well we were talking about doing final bosses justice with Julius, well they certainly did with Emperor Hardin.  

I think its high time for some new not-exclusiv specials:

Balanced strike: Boosts damage dealt by 30% of units Def and 30% of units Res. Cooldown 3
Libra: Boosts damage dealt by 45% of units Def and 45% of units Res. Cooldown 4

Swift: Boosts damage dealt by 40% of units SPD. Cooldown 3
Hurricane: Boosts damage dealt by 60% of units SPD. Cooldown 4

Reflection: Reduces damage from adjacent foe's attack by 30% and reflects absorbed dmg back. Cooldown 3

Shellra: Grants allys a boost in 30% RES and 30% Def for their next turn when using a heal. (Staff users only). Cooldown 5

I dont know, we need specials that help mixed bulk + slow units and specials that help high spd but low attack units.

5 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I think its high time for some new not-exclusiv specials:

Balanced strike: Boosts damage dealt by 30% of units Def and 30% of units Res. Cooldown 3

Wouldn't these always outperform Bonfire and Iceberg? You would need an incredible Res or Def stat while the other defensive stat is in the single digits in order to justify the old specials.

Shellra

Ooh, Final Fantasy vibes.

I've almost finished one of my top merge projects. I just need one more copy and then everyone's favorite murderous chef will be complete. I kind of want +spd -hp for the final copy, but I may end up settling for this -def one depending on how actually pulling more of her goes.

yHWtZDB.jpg

I like how she gives some relevance to Camilla's Axe also buffing cavs, since they're now together for my Arena/AA team as my next top merged unit. (Soleil's sitting out this arena season to use Ike as the bonus unit) She's a total monster in Rival Domains/GC as well with Spd Smoke. I have 1 Swift Sparrow fodder but I'm not sure it's worth bothering with, as LaD is just fine.

I wish the non-5* locked characters I liked weren't almost all under blue/green. I've got a few more like Beruka, Cherche, Nowi, and Effie I'd like to work on, but I've already maxed Camilla to cover green and Cordelia and Peri are at +9. I'd like to diversify a bit before building more redundant options like more green fliers. Unfortunately Soleil and Tharja are the only reds I want to really work on, but Soleil refuses to ever show up and Tharja just got totally powercrept by herself with better stats and art.. (even though I can actually merge and get a good IV on her normal version, it still feels bad)

@Lewyn I realize that Ayra is edgy. Maybe that’s why I don’t like her that much, since I dislike the edgy characters. And gorgeous. I would rate her a B+ in my books, but that’s probably my likes are different from yours. Or maybe it’s the fact that I don’t view her as an actual person and only see her as bits of data on a cartridge. 

A lot of the Cipher artwork, I do agree, is very good, especially Lloyd’s. It hypes me up even more the potential of the Cipher oc’s in heroes.

Edited by Poimagic

39 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

@Lewyn I realize that Ayra is edgy. Maybe that’s why I don’t like her that much, since I dislike the edgy characters. And gorgeous. I would rate her a B+ in my books, but that’s probably my likes are different from yours. Or maybe it’s the fact that I don’t view her as an actual person and only see her as bits of data on a cartridge. 

A lot of the Cipher artwork, I do agree, is very good, especially Lloyd’s. It hypes me up even more the potential of the Cipher oc’s in heroes.

Well I don't view these as actual people either, but like you I have my preferences as far as how characters are portrayed.  For me the most important thing is that it is true to how the character is in their source game or games.  

Ah you had to bring up Lloyd.  I think we can all agree that his Heroes art work is terrible.  

I wonder if they made a digital version of Fire Emblem Cipher could it compete with Hearthstone, Gwent, etc.  It certainly has a huge name behind it, and the art is at the very least up to their levels, IMO better.  

@Alkaid Wow, she looks fantastic! Good luck getting the last merge with perfect nature!

When I had to choose between Oscar and Peri for my blue GF Cav, Peri certainly had the better art to speak for her (even the hair is very particular). Oscar had 1 SPD more (the additional HP and DEF are not so important) and the fact that I've never seen anyone using him. 

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

I wish the non-5* locked characters I liked weren't almost all under blue/green. I've got a few more like Beruka, Cherche, Nowi, and Effie I'd like to work on, but I've already maxed Camilla to cover green and Cordelia and Peri are at +9. I'd like to diversify a bit before building more redundant options like more green fliers. Unfortunately Soleil and Tharja are the only reds I want to really work on, but Soleil refuses to ever show up and Tharja just got totally powercrept by herself with better stats and art.. (even though I can actually merge and get a good IV on her normal version, it still feels bad)

What's with M!Morgan? I'm not a fan of his art, but his skill set is very interesting and it's fun to make him work. Also Lilina became very strong with her refinement (and has got a cool special/damaged art). 

Also 4* Swords have some interesting choices. While Soleil is the best choice stat-wise, Hana is not so far away. I saw even some cool Firs in arena and here on SF. 

12 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Meanwhile, both best Fates girls got their red weapons:
Screenshot_20180523-205945.jpgScreenshot_20180525-004558.jpg
If only there was a naginata that was blue in colouration…

I also need Brave Ikes. Many Brave Ikes.
All of them.

Hey, that naginata looks just like my boy's, Shigu......... WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!  kidding, obviously, please don't kill me

@mampfoidThanks! Oscar's a real good choice too. And you're right, he does seem pretty rare for some reason, despite how good he is.

I forgot all about Morgan, though I only have a single 4* neutral copy of him anyway. Can't say I care much for his art either, though he is interesting. Lillina's a good one that I'm waiting for a +atk one to come around for. Not sure if I'd highly merge her but I'd probably give her a full build at the least.

Hana's actually the sword unit I was ready to work on merging just before Soleil came out. I'd honestly like to merge up both, since while Soleil is taking forever to get more copies for, I have more than 10 Hanas just laying around alongside my already-promoted and built one. The only thing that bugs me is they'd be built mostly the same, or at least fill the same role for a team. I'm not sure if it'd feel too redundant to pour feathers into both. Since ideally I'd like Soleil a bit more, that's why I've been attempting to stick with her, but it's been rough with this drought of getting more copies.. If only we had even more feathers to play around with.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

If only we had even more feathers to play around with.

The feather situation got better considerably since launch, but it would be nice to get an easier way to pull copies for merge projects. The 4* banners where a good idea imo, I hope they'll return soon. 

1 minute ago, mampfoid said:

The feather situation got better considerably since launch, but it would be nice to get an easier way to pull copies for merge projects. The 4* banners where a good idea imo, I hope they'll return soon. 

That too. Now I really wish I'd had more spare orbs to pull reds when Soleil/Hinata were on the last one. I haven't seen either of them in a long time now. None while pulling for Bride Tharja, though I think 3* Seth must have had a secret 80% rate on this banner instead.

7 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

That too. Now I really wish I'd had more spare orbs to pull reds when Soleil/Hinata were on the last one. I haven't seen either of them in a long time now. None while pulling for Bride Tharja, though I think 3* Seth must have had a secret 80% rate on this banner instead.

Wait for his prf and make Seth +10. Seriously I don't think any of the units with Gem weapons got an refinement/prf so far. 

13 hours ago, Alkaid said:

Tharja just got totally powercrept by herself with better stats and art.. (even though I can actually merge and get a good IV on her normal version, it still feels bad)

I'm currently running both Infantry Tharjas on one team and they are both bonkers. I did only slight modifications to their vanilla set. With TT boosts they got their +10 stats:

• Tharja (+SPD/-HP) Rauorblade+, Darting Blow 3, Desperation 3, Spur RES 3, SPD+3 seal, Moonbow, Draw Back
    45/49/44/27/24
    With Hone ATK/SPD on initiation: 61 ATK, 54 SPD

• BB!Tharja (+SPD/-DEF) Múspell Fireposy, ATK/SPD Bond 3, SPD feint 3, Hone ATK 1, ATK+3 seal, Rally ATK/SPD, Draconic Aura
    49/56/45/25/22
    With Hone ATK/SPD, 1 adjacent ally and 2 allies nearby: 71 ATK, 60 SPD

With an optimal blade tome set and more buffs from allies, there differences would be small: A mere +3 ATK and +1 SPD for the bride version. Hardly an argument to not merge the original Tharja.

Remains the improved art: While I think the bride art is very beautiful (perhaps one of the coolest recently), there is the impression that bride Tharja and winter Tharja don't look anymore like the Tharja from Awakening. Tharja (Dark Shadow) gives the best impression of the dark and moody character between those three. 

7 hours ago, Alkaid said:

@mampfoidThanks! Oscar's a real good choice too. And you're right, he does seem pretty rare for some reason, despite how good he is.

I forgot all about Morgan, though I only have a single 4* neutral copy of him anyway. Can't say I care much for his art either, though he is interesting. Lillina's a good one that I'm waiting for a +atk one to come around for. Not sure if I'd highly merge her but I'd probably give her a full build at the least.

Hana's actually the sword unit I was ready to work on merging just before Soleil came out. I'd honestly like to merge up both, since while Soleil is taking forever to get more copies for, I have more than 10 Hanas just laying around alongside my already-promoted and built one. The only thing that bugs me is they'd be built mostly the same, or at least fill the same role for a team. I'm not sure if it'd feel too redundant to pour feathers into both. Since ideally I'd like Soleil a bit more, that's why I've been attempting to stick with her, but it's been rough with this drought of getting more copies.. If only we had even more feathers to play around with.

@mampfoid i think the situation with blc is weird. IMO Peri > Rod > Abel and Oscar. Their specs are too close to each other for it to matter but starting with FRS and Killer is a bigger deal

Does Oscar even have that second gen bst thing?

40 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@mampfoid i think the situation with blc is weird. IMO Peri > Rod > Abel and Oscar. Their specs are too close to each other for it to matter but starting with FRS and Killer is a bigger deal

Well my Oscar already got Slaying Lance, LnD3, Fury, Galeforce etc., but I was considering also both Peri and Roderick when I was searching a candidate for my GF lance Cav. 

41 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Does Oscar even have that second gen bst thing?

I don't know, I'm not that BST fanatic (matter only in arena?). 

A totally different matter: I just checked Cake!Marths stats and he is only 1 SPD slower than my +SPD Titania (actually 2 slower, since mine got 1 merge), but he got 3 more ATK and +2 more style. I'm heavily considering him to be my first Galeforce Axe Cav. What do you think? @mcsilas @Zeo (and everyone else who is interested). 

@JSND Alter Dragon Boner Oscar has completely standard BST, only Finn and Ephraim have boosted BST (and Camus by 1 point I guess). Until Ephraim came along, was my second choice lance cav behind Camus, a job that gets plenty of action. I'm quite happy with his default Sapphire Lance and Lancebreaker, easily counters blue and red threats. Since I'll never give him DC, he has the better stat distribution for me over the likes of Peri, Roderick and Abel.

Amazingly he was the hat-trick pull on his introductory banner, I pulled Elincia, Nephenee then Oscar consecutively, and Oscar had the perfect +Spd -Res nature, so that helped endear him to me. Well, there's also the eldest-of-three thing.

(Peri's also bizarrely rare for me, only pulled 2-3 ever. I get about double that amount in Oscars and Abels, and double that again in Mathildas and Rodericks)