Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

An fe7 banner with an alt. Oh joy.

I have little hope that my favourite character will be on it, but it does grate to see alts back again in common pool banners. Urgh, I know I should get used to it, but it is hard ><

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Sure, there are a lot of other FE7 characters that could be added, including plenty of ranged units. None of those characters fly though. Just like the controversy over Horse Eirika, IS are in a bit of a tight spot if they want to add the more exotic weapon+movement types while adding new characters at the same time. Me, I'd be totally fine if they added Pent, Louise or Erk as fliers, but I suspect many people will be upset at the deviation from canon. So far IS seems to be siding with the latter group, so to make something like a flying mage from most games, they have to go the alt route. I'd take a flying mage alt over literally any infantry mage in the series.

As for the Ike thing, never played the game but I'm totally fine with him. So if I'm obligated to dislike another Tellius character it'd be Black Knight, who is the living definition of try-hard. That, and no one's been able to take the title Black Knight seriously since the seventies. :P

10 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I wonder, must all Ike fans by default dislike another Tellius character for balance?

Ike is a Smash Bros. character just like Marth, Roy, and Corrin ...

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Also, potential Pent, Erk, Louise, Canas, Nils. So many good characters from FE7. I can't understand why IS would think they need alts to sell characters from that title of all games. It's really unnecessary.

They also thought that they needed an Eirika alt with L'Arachel and Myrrh- two units who by themselves could have sold that banner. IS is just too fearful nobody already popular being on board will keep a banner from not being popular enough to bring in the money. I get this sorta with T776, since it is obscure (releasing two years before the Gamecube does that to you), but internationally released games need this not.

6 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Also, Rath is a stoic guy, but his background suggests that he has a good reason for being stoic. I like him because he's not blaming anyone else for his circumstances, nor is he all "dark" and "edgy" over things that happened in the past. He gives off the aura of a guy who just wants to get what it is that he needs to do over with and put the past behind him.

Reading  all  supports of his quickly, just as a refresher (and I've linked them, it's only 3 so you can get through them in 5 mins), I think that they did overuse the ellipses with him a bit. You don't need quite as many to get stoicism across. This said, the prophecy explanation of why he had to leave, at the all too young age of four, is explicable since FE7 in other ways does make a point prophetic abilities exist in Elibe. Of the supports, the Lyn is fine and does the most to justify Rath's personality. The Wil I actually consider my favorite of the three supports, and Rath himself grows during it. And the Guy is the worst, since it doesn't really go anywhere.

...And it is just dawning on me, this isn't a TMS banner. Yet another missed chance to sweep it all out into the open.

Glad I nabbed Dorcas last month on a freebie summon so that I could briefly say I own at least one iteration of every FE7 character in the game.

But hey, if the banner is all four alts then I'l still be able to make that claim ~

20 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Zeo @Fei Mao I'm so close!

Screenshot_20180604-020637.png

Nice, just one more to go \o/

20 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I needed more barracks space so I did a thing.

Bcn83u3.jpg

+10 Summer Tiki [+Atk, -Res] (Melon Crusher+ [Def], Reposition, Ignis, Steady Breath, Quick Riposte 3, Axe Valor 3, Close Def 3)

Has 52 Def on enemy phase at full health. Ignis hits for 41 damage. Also has Renewal 3 learned in case the Quick Riposte Sacred Seal ever falls out of Hardin's and Fjorm's hands. Might also consider giving her Guard 3 at some point.

I'll figure out what to do with her C skill later.

Nice, that's really impressive

It's FE7, but Rath isn't on it so I guess I can prioritize Ninian and Julia.

Karla and Legault, huh?

Giga Excalibur. Kek

Linus GHB incoming

Oh. So the flying nino notification was supposed to be there, but was linked to the wrong video

@Vaximillian Good luck getting one of the maidens of Naga. The chances of getting a 5 star focus on green with shared color is quite high

Edited by silveraura25

I hope IS continues to add more colorless units to the game that get demoted. Legault looks like the obvious pick as well as coming with good skills. His dagger is inheritable and it has a cool effect

Gah, Deirdre is sharing Julia's color on the BHB banner. Now it's basically a half-and-half chance that I'll get Julia without Deirdre pity-breaking me.

At least Deirdre has good skills.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Gah, Deirdre is sharing Julia's color on the BHB banner. Now it's basically a half-and-half chance that I'll get Julia without Deirdre pity-breaking me.

At least Deirdre has good skills.

You have a higher chance of getting a 5 star focus with two units sharing the same color. Plus, you can give Julia Divine Naga, but I'd hold back at that since Naga might get a refine soon

4 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You have a higher chance of getting a 5 star focus with two units sharing the same color. Plus, you can give Julia Divine Naga, but I'd hold back at that since Naga might get a refine soon

Well, it's more that I already have Deirdre and I'd really like to get Julia. I don't want to risk getting pity-broken by Deirdre on such a short-lasting banner.

22 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Oh. So the flying nino notification was supposed to be there, but was linked to the wrong video

Given the next banner was expected to come out this week, I was assuming someone just mistimed the notification with the video's release and had it come out a few hours early.

13 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

i wonder if Merric will ever get Giga Excalibur lol

Unlikely. Giga Excalibur is the Heroes localization team trying to dig themselves out of the hole dug by the Blazing Sword localization team translating "Gigascalibur" as "Excalibur".

In Japanese, the weapon is "Gigascalibur", not a prefixed version of Excalibur.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I hope IS continues to add more colorless units to the game that get demoted. Legault looks like the obvious pick as well as coming with good skills. His dagger is inheritable and it has a cool effect

Legault being the likely demote makes me sad. On the one hand, that's Atk Tactic, Swift Strike, and... that cringily named dagger in the 4-star summoning pool. On the other hand, that means we're not getting Wrath in the 4-star summoning pool (and it's again on a character that I'd rather merge than use for skills).

Ugh.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

"Purging Dagger". "Purge" as in "to make dissenters and traitors vanish".

That sounds edgier and extreme. I get what Legault's job was in the organization, but I guess the localisation team though that purge was a bit of a controversial word. Or they're just silly. Treehouse does the localisation, right?

9 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

That sounds edgier and extreme. I get what Legault's job was in the organization, but I guess the localisation team though that purge was a bit of a controversial word. Or they're just silly. Treehouse does the localisation, right?

Maybe meet halfway and name it Cleansing Dagger?