Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Call it whatever you like, cause I know there's a phrase for it, but there's something I've been wondering about...

From my own personal experience, whenever I manage to get 13-20 orbs together for summoning, it's usually only 1-2 maybe 3 summoning sessions before I have gotten a 5* unit. This is purely free orbs.

When I buy orbs however, it seems like I could go 4-5 summoning sessions or more before I even see a pity breaking 5*.

I'm not exactly saying the game cares where you got orbs from... but it also kinda feels like whenever I'm summoning after buying orbs, It'll be a while before I see a 5*, compared to if I had bunkered down for orbs.

Does this sound familiar to anyone else? Because I feel I'm forming a biased opinion on this from my own experiences, and I can't say I understand this psychological effect any better than I did when someone explained how superboons/banes worked...

With such small sample sizes, you are going to see such extremes. That fact that you get those results is just luck/coincidence.

With all paid orbs, I just pulled 18 5* units today on the Legendary banner with 100-120 pulls. That is a rate of 15-18% which is absurdly high. However, it didn't start out so well, it took me over 20 pulls to get my 1st 5* and then they just kept rolling in. On all of the pulls I did in the prior week or two with my free orbs, my success was not good because I never used more than 40-50 orbs at a time.

Basically, unless you are going to do over 100 pulls, you will most likely see results that differ greatly from what the odds are. Whether they be significantly higher or lower. The more pulls you do, the more it will even itself out. Law of averages and whatnot.

The strange coincidence that I find myself seeing is the absurdly high rate of obtaining 5*s whenever I wait to pull on a banner until the last day when the time remaining is displayed in hours.

The one time I pulled early on a Legendary banner, my results were horrible. Even though I kept pulling, things didn't average out and my rate was below 8%

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Ae†her said:

@silveraura25: How often do you see a DC lance user that can survive 58-61 dmg x 2 and a Moonbow/Luna while being to retaliate with an immediate 55 Atk as well? She doesn't win only matcheps with color advantage, she kills a lot of blue units as well, especially ones that can not DC, which is still quite a lot. Besides I was only saying +10 because I just like Ishtar a lot, not because I don't think she's not good for fodder considering she's the only one with Odd Atk Wave 3, and she even comes with Swift Sparrow 2.

Pretty often. I use DC Berkut's lance Effie. And it's no niche build

Sure, for PvE content Ishtar's nice and all. But 55 atk is not that difficult of a value to reach as well as Berkut's lance being a thing. Berkut's lance just does so many wonders for lance users. In tier 20 you're gonna encounter a lot of DC users since it scores so well as well as being a counter against ranged units. You never know which unit specifically you're going to go up against so it's good to know how she fares against any kind of lance user build. Try out every possible build the opponent might use. Also, you might encounter someone actually running slaying weapon + moonbow/glimmer so always be beware. Ishtar's not necessarily bad, but we already have the tools to counter her with for a long time. Also, I recommend taking that res bane as those superbanes in HP and def will cripple her

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

This is when you know you've truly ascended while summoning. Some 4* units start being just as welcome as the actual 5*s you're hunting. Cordelias and Peris gave me the same joy as any bride while pulling on the latest banners.

My latest brides have been very cool (+SPD Tharja and +SPD Cordelia), but you are right. Caeda, Cherche and Cordelia have been very rare in the last months to me, to get one of them is pretty satisfying. I need mooore.

5 hours ago, hinode said:

Maintenance, a version update, and datamining.

Aka idle time. 

6 hours ago, Alkaid said:

This is when you know you've truly ascended while summoning. Some 4* units start being just as welcome as the actual 5*s you're hunting. Cordelias and Peris gave me the same joy as any bride while pulling on the latest banners.

My latest brides have been very cool (+SPD Tharja and +SPD Cordelia), but you are right. Caeda, Cherche and Cordelia have been very rare in the last months to me, to get one of them is pretty satisfying. I need mooore.

5 hours ago, hinode said:

Maintenance, a version update, and datamining.

Aka idle time. 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Ice Dragon I got someone's Bride Ninian in VG, and she said はい、あなた? My heart kinda melted.

Isn't she wonderful?

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You never know which unit specifically you're going to go up against so it's good to know how she fares against any kind of lance user build.

I have found zero reason for a tome user to ever need to fight without weapon triangle advantage (except against colorless) in the Arena.

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Ice Dragon I got someone's Bride Ninian in VG, and she said はい、あなた? My heart kinda melted.

Isn't she wonderful?

14 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You never know which unit specifically you're going to go up against so it's good to know how she fares against any kind of lance user build.

I have found zero reason for a tome user to ever need to fight without weapon triangle advantage (except against colorless) in the Arena.

15 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I don’t want to be in the whaleland ever.

So, a couple dismissals of spare SI fodder that I probably was never going to use anyways later, and Cordelia is now finally as she should be: 

3x0qItA.png?1

If I keep up this pace, I might actually have a respectable number of +10 5*s by the end of the year! So now, it's onto Nino while I wait for the two remaining copies of Soleil that I'll need to finish her.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Isn't she wonderful?

You're the bigger expert so I can't say much as an counterargument that'll be as factual. But I do generally prefer having my builds being able to counter their own color just for the sake of team flexibility. For me it's a preference. Oh well

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

So, a couple dismissals of spare SI fodder that I probably was never going to use anyways later, and Cordelia is now finally as she should be: 

Congratulations, looks very good! 

If she wasn't my only source of Galeforce, I would have given mine the final merge yesterday as well. Instead she will have to stay +6 a little longer. 

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Isn't she wonderful?

Unless your name is Gunthra, running in a Team with Saizo and are benefiting from Tactic buffs on top of that. 

Was quite needed for me rarely to go against red with her pre Clair refine. Now Clair just shits up everything red in whaleland.

On the other hand Boey has evolved into a myrrh slayer due to his high def allowing to double her!!!

the new banner comes out tomorrow

tomorrow i have a japanese exam at the university

life is amazing

btw, i'd really like to get karla

i hate unjustified alts and l don't like knives, so karla's the only one i hope to get

41 minutes ago, Yexin said:

the new banner comes out tomorrow

tomorrow i have a japanese exam at the university

Life is amazing

btw, i'd really like to get karla

i hate unjustified alts and l don't like knives, so karla's the only one i hope to get

Good luck

49 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Unless your name is Gunthra, running in a Team with Saizo and are benefiting from Tactic buffs on top of that. 

Was quite needed for me rarely to go against red with her pre Clair refine. Now Clair just shits up everything red in whaleland.

On the other hand Boey has evolved into a myrrh slayer due to his high def allowing to double her!!!

Can they? Sure. Do they ever need to? Nope.

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@Oz ♠ Beautiful! Now I want to pull blue on the old bride banner, no orbs left though ...

I saved up close to 200 orbs for this one. I just wanted Charlotte, but ended up getting some extra characters...and then an extra two Charlottes. My first merges. The video was done on an unmerged Charlotte. +Def is a unique boon to her, so I kept it.

@Oz ♠ That is absolutely the most adorable signature I have ever seen anywhere!  Katarina cat in the hat with a fire flower in hand, now these are the alt costumes that we should be getting!