Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

58 minutes ago, Dayni said:

Far, far worse.

They're listed as down till 8am in GMT, after shutting at 11pm. Well goodnight!

RIOT

They always overestimate to play it safe.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Dayni said:

Far, far worse.

They're listed as down till 8am in GMT, after shutting at 11pm. Well goodnight!

RIOT

Odds are that they'll be down for four or five hours! Still a bit of time, but I don't recall it ever taking more time than that. 

I did say listed, though you're both right I'm pretty sure (I'm not exactly up at 4am for past updates to know for sure).

Anyways, I'll wake up to the update being out and hopefully Canas news.

Edited by Dayni

21 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Pretty often. I use DC Berkut's lance Effie. And it's no niche build

Sure, for PvE content Ishtar's nice and all. But 55 atk is not that difficult of a value to reach as well as Berkut's lance being a thing. Berkut's lance just does so many wonders for lance users. In tier 20 you're gonna encounter a lot of DC users since it scores so well as well as being a counter against ranged units. You never know which unit specifically you're going to go up against so it's good to know how she fares against any kind of lance user build. Try out every possible build the opponent might use. Also, you might encounter someone actually running slaying weapon + moonbow/glimmer so always be beware. Ishtar's not necessarily bad, but we already have the tools to counter her with for a long time. Also, I recommend taking that res bane as those superbanes in HP and def will cripple her

It's not that hard to reach 55 Atk, but only depending on the unit. If you have very high atk lancers like Effie, then of course it will be painful, but if you're expecting a lot of Res at that tier that's obviously made to specifically fight against mages, then why even use a mage at all especially one of the same color. That's literally a counter built against a specific type of unit, you're not expected to actually attack if that's the case. It's such flawed reasoning to put down Ishtar because of it, especially when she's one of the fastest and hardest hitting mages in the game.

Aura gets Dark Auras effect for Magic and Staves. Not bows for some reason... and special refine boosts Lindes Attack and Speed when she is within 2 spaces of a magic/staff ally.

Breath of Fog... is literally just a Falchion with the Breath effect, and also boosts the Tikis Attack and Defense when they are within 2 spaces of any Sword or Dragon allies.

Could someone tell me what Excalibur refined does? I don't wanna promote a Merric just to see for myself...

New Squad Assault as well, guess we're getting another set of Stat Boosters.

Edited by Xenomata

4 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

Tiki seems to have a Omni breaker refine for her Falchion Breath 

...I'm not sure where you read that, but it's wrong.

"If unit is within 2 spaces of sword or dragon ally, grants Atk/Def+5 during combat."

Edit: @Xenomata Excalibur gains Accelerates Special trigger for all refinements. The effect refinement is the same as Aura's, +5 Atk/Spd when within 2 spaces of magic or staff ally.

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Aura gets Dark Auras effect for Magic and Staves. Not bows for some reason... and special refine boosts Lindes Attack and Speed when she is within 2 spaces of a magic/staff ally.

Breath of Fog... is literally just a Falchion with the Breath effect, and also boosts the Tikis Attack and Defense when they are within 2 spaces of any Sword or Dragon allies.

Could someone tell me what Excalibur refined does? I don't wanna promote a Merric just to see for myself...

Excalibur boosts atk/spd by 5 if within two spaces of ally healer or mage

3 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

2 minutes ago, Mackc2 said:

Excalibur boosts atk/spd by 5 if within two spaces of ally healer or mage

You know, I think I am noticing a general theme for these new refines.

Update is here! Now Tiki has Falchion breath, that's pretty cool. And, apparently, Dragon Emblem wasn't strong enough before... lol. But I'll probably go with the straight Def+4 to her weapon refine for now, since I don't really run Tiki alongside other dragons or swords.

>no DC for Tiki's breath

I don't think I'd give up DC from Lightning Breath even with all the extra effects of Tiki's new breath. I was hoping her prf would convince me to build her but now I'm still unsure.

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Yes.

Cool. I was a little concerned they were gonna skip over that, even if it was kind of a shoddy effect for a personal weapon...

Also, Accessories are in the game, you have to go to the Accessories menu in the Change Equipment menu to get our free Feh Doll and Enigmatic Mask. In the tutorial, one can also see that Anna has a hairpin that looks like the Askr design.

I like the Accessory menu. It lets me look at my units sprites with updated weapons, if its different from their base, unlike the Hero Catalog.

Also, Camus can finally be Serious... I mean Sirius.

Edited by Xenomata

1 minute ago, sirmola said:

You know, I think I am noticing a general theme for these new refines.

The Aura and Excalibur refines remind me of the Wind and Thunder free DLC chapter in New Mystery. For those not familiar with the chapter, it consists of Merric, Arlen, Linde, and Etzel, fighting the forces of the dead (or so they think) Gharnef in ruins near Khadein as per Wendel's orders. (Plus independently Michalis seeking to rescue Maria, and Phina chasing after him for some reason appear playable in the battle.)

Makes me want Edgy Rival Thoron Boy and Lucius and Canas's Son with Arvis's Hair now.

2 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

>no DC for Tiki's breath

I don't think I'd give up DC from Lightning Breath even with all the extra effects of Tiki's new breath. I was hoping her prf would convince me to build her but now I'm still unsure.

Yeah, I didn't notice that at first, that's pretty disappointing. It's still definitely a powerful weapon, but I might end up sticking with Lightning Breath after all, particularly since I don't run Tiki with the allies needed for the Atk/Def goad.

Breath of Fog would be a pretty sweet update.. If it didn't turn my Y!Tiki back to a sitting duck for all things magic and bow/dagger wielding..

Sigh and here I was looking forward to something great, but it seems Lightning Breath is just superior still.

Edited by Nanima

Setting up all these favorites is kind of tedious, but I'll probably be glad that I did it once the next AA season comes round. Having to dig through my barracks to find the blessing teams I drew up would be a lot of pain without it...

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Setting up all these favorites is kind of tedious, but I'll probably be glad that I did it once the next AA season comes round. Having to dig through my barracks to find the blessing teams I drew up would be a lot of pain without it...

Since all my faves automatically had the Pink heart, I just advance sorted by Rarity and Type, and it basically replicated the old Basic Sort by Favorites.

2 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Yeah, I didn't notice that at first, that's pretty disappointing. It's still definitely a powerful weapon, but I might end up sticking with Lightning Breath after all, particularly since I don't run Tiki with the allies needed for the Atk/Def goad.

Yeah, if I ran her she'd be my red in place of a sword, not with one, and I don't use any other dragons currently. I'm not high score enough to feel like dropping DC for a Falchion effect. I guess it's still an improvement in the highest end of arena where the only ranged units are occasional armor mages, so DC on her isn't actually as necessary?