Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Oh yeah. IS, where the colored bows at? It was such an important decision to introduce them into the game. I guess I'll give it a few more months and then I'll say something

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On the subject of Canas, someone said that the tome in his artwork seems to be Gespenst or resembles it: https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/8piehg/i_dont_know_if_this_has_been_pointed_out_but/.

It's not that uncommon for characters to be drawn with "strange" weapons like Cherche's official artworks' having her wield Helswath or Saber's art in Heroes showing him wielding a sword that inexplicably resembles Audhulma despite it not appearing in Gaiden/SoV. Gespenst isn't anything special, right? It just has really high Mt and weight, but perhaps it would have been nice for the fourth playable dark mage, after Salem, Raigh, and Niime, in the main series to have had a legendary/personal tome.

Also, I kind of want Gustav and Hrid to die off-screen and the end of Book 2 to end with Fjorm and Ylgr dying just to hammer it even more that Surtr is unstoppable, but in such a lame and stupid way. Come on, ruin the story, developers! Make everything utterly pointless!

Anyway, Hrid being said to have tried to assassinate Surtr made me think of him being a dagger unit. Archer works too. The problem with that is he it would make him an infantry unit since I'm thinking of someone who sneaks around and being mounted or heavily armored for that matter probably would make him very conspicuous. That said, he could be mounted or even armored and it being explained that in regular combat, he fights like that, but on the occasion he does assassinations or stealth missions, he obviously switches to more covert gear and methods. This is just me, but if he were mounted, then I'd like him to be a griffin rider. It would just be cool.

Edited by Kaden

Kaze being added to the 3-to-4-star summoning pool means we now have precedent for it. That's really good news for a lot of characters that wouldn't be popular enough to make it onto a banner.

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

On the subject of Canas, someone said that the tome in his artwork seems to be Gespenst or resembles it:

Gespenst's border gets lighter in the middle of the top and bottom bars, and the design in the center of the weapon icon is too low-resolution to really make any identification based on it.

If anything, it looks more similar to Luna.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Kaden: Beruka is an assassin. Riding a huge flying lizard.

Yes. Anything goes for the prince now. Red bow would be ideal but I wouldn’t mind sword or dagger. 

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Gespenst's border gets lighter in the middle of the top and bottom bars, and the design in the center of the weapon icon is too low-resolution to really make any identification based on it.

If anything, it looks more similar to Luna.

Yeah, the resolution is an issue. Gespenst does have a vertical line down the middle of its cover and corner marks which Luna does not have. Tobi's art for Canas has him wielding a tome that has both a vertical and horizontal line and corner decorations, but yeah. Still, Gespenst or Luna would have been interesting tomes for him.

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

@Kaden: Beruka is an assassin. Riding a huge flying lizard.

Maybe she dismounts it when she gets close enough to her target? Or maybe it's a special kind of wyvern that can fly or glide relatively silently? Or she's a high-profile assassin like in Assassin's Creed. Broad daylight assassinations are still assassinations. They're just more noticeable. Y'know, at this point I kind of want a flying archer Beruka alt and have it be explained as her being able to snipe people on a wyvern.

30 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Beruka is an assassin. Riding a huge flying lizard.

Simple answer, she flies high enough that she looks like an inconspicuous dot in the air to a person on the ground below. Yet her ability to identify the target, symbolized by her high Skl stat, allows her to drop a Hand Axe on a target with pinpoint precision from those very heights. This also explains her Opportunist personal skill in Fates, nobody could possible counter her axe drop.

So if you see someone's skull randomly be split down the center by a falling axe, know Beruka is in the vicinity.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Color balance is overrated.

Yeah, Sharena Emblem laughs at any semblance of colour balance. Except Sword Sharena, but she is in a rebellious phase.

I don't really care what weapon Hrid wields, as long as it's not a lance like his sister. Would prefer he not wield anything blue, actually, because that would make it just that much harder to run Nifl Emblem if we do get him, but at this point I'll just take new male playable OC.

I need more accessories, while Feh is cute she doesn't fit very well with characters that have an ahoge (the little hair that sticks out) and at times looks a bit too small. 

The masks and bunny ears are perfect for memes but that's about it while the hairpin is the only thing I found good enough to put on Eirika. What I'm getting at is: Cat ears when IS?!

2 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

The masks and bunny ears are perfect for memes but that's about it while the hairpin is the only thing I found good enough to put on Eirika. What I'm getting at is: Cat ears when IS?!

Either the next time Neko Sakura paws around, or with the addition of Lethe and Lyre. They should bring bell collars with them, just in case you need to own someone.

Also, putting cat ears on a character with cause them to start ending all their sentences in "nya". So be careful about that. You better believe mew about that.

16 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't really care what weapon Hrid wields, as long as it's not a lance like his sister. Would prefer he not wield anything blue, actually, because that would make it just that much harder to run Nifl Emblem if we do get him, but at this point I'll just take new male playable OC.

Nifl Emblem would still be blue/blue/green/colorless, which works pretty fine. I just say blue bow because it fits with the ice/water theme of the country. And colorless can be anything.

I'm hoping Hrid uses daggers, but if he's a legendary hero, that'd mean the soonest he could be released is the end of August. For him to be released then and still be a Fjorm-style free unit, one of three things would have to be true:

1. All upcoming main banners until September have Paralogues rather than main story chapters.
  2. Hrid will join a few chapters into Book 3, rather than in the first one like Fjorm.
  3. There are still one or more main story chapters remaining in Book 2.

Option 3 sounds weird, but it's kinda what they did with Book 1. The climax was the Veronica battle at the end of Chapter 9, then we got a smaller arc with Bruno. So while they described Chapter 10 as the climax of Book 2, we could still get a couple of "aftermath" chapters before Book 3 starts.

I suppose we can't rule out the possibility that Hrid becomes a free unit with the start of Book 3 but doesn't become summonable until a legendary banner a while later, but that would be extremely strange and I don't see any reason for them to do it that way rather than just putting him earlier in the legendary lineup.

Question, does anyone remember when the Ylissean Summer banner went live last year? Because I have a feeling that we're not going to have two separate summer banners this year like we did with Ylissean and Nohrian Summers. I get the feeling we're just going to have one.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Question, does anyone remember when the Ylissean Summer banner went live last year? Because I have a feeling that we're not going to have two separate summer banners this year like we did with Ylissean and Nohrian Summers. I get the feeling we're just going to have one.

June 30.

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Oh wait ... really? Huh ... I don't know why I imagined it to have happened sooner than that. I suppose in that case a summer banner following this current one isn't out of the realm of possibility. Even if I don't think they need two summer banners.

14 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Even if I don't think they need two summer banners.

They don't need to double up on that bikini and swim trunks money, but they probably still will.

I only wonder if we'll get game-themed banners again or if they'll be mixed this time, like how the spring banner was. I'd imagine they'll want a few 3DS characters in there again, but maybe not as the full banners this time.

Ugh, if we get two summer banners again I really hope they're not going to be a full-game themed banner. Or the same couple of characters don't keep getting alts over an over again. I don't care how well Lyn in a bikini will sell -- they should've thought of that before they made both Valentine's Lyn and legendary Lyn this year.

I was just looking at Kaze's art (while taking a look at what skills he comes with) and realized that he has no weapon equipped in any of his arts. And he certainly can't throw his wrist blades when they're affixed to his gauntlets.

So does he Invisible Air, Mecha Eli-chan rocket punch, or kame hame ha?