• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@Oz ♠What the hell did you d to her speed?

That Julius is mine...the guy was just running Distant Counter+Quickened Pulse for double Astras. So much for sacrificing an A-slot for that...

so yeah nevermind him getting 0x2 otherwise

Edited by Oz ♠

I guess infernal Xander isn't possible for me with an armor team. Probably because I don't have LA Lyn and don't care about her. No one on my current armor team does anymore than scratch Xander, not even Christmas Robin. And my armors ARE getting buffs.

Armors just suck in general though, really.

5 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I guess infernal Xander isn't possible for me with an armor team. Probably because I don't have LA Lyn and don't care about her. No one on my current armor team does anymore than scratch Xander, not even Christmas Robin. And my armors ARE getting buffs.

Armors just suck in general though, really.

Are you using Ward Armor on all of them? Defensive stacking is best for Armor Emblem.  Renewal/Sol for recovery.

Armor teams do require the most investment in order to clear stuff like that. If you don't have +10s with DC and Aether it makes it much more difficult.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Are you using Ward Armor on all of them? Defensive stacking is best for Armor Emblem.  Renewal/Sol for recovery.

Armor teams do require the most investment in order to clear stuff like that. If you don't have +10s with DC and Aether it makes it much more difficult.

No. I don't use Ward Armor because Fortify Armor is better. It gives higher boosts. Also, I've never had Ward Armor fodder.

Dude, I'm not a whale. I can never do +10s with DC and Aether. I've never even pulled a single Hector. And I shouldn't be expected to have to do this. I'm not made out of money and I can't whale.

And my flier team can't do this map either. What the fuck. I thought I'd built up good armor and flier teams. But I guess they're both still trash. I honestly wish IS wouldn't make these quests though. Not everyone can invest in all of these teams. I'm lucky to have any good movement teams, let alone my horse one.

Edited by Anacybele

Do you have a Halloween Henry at least?

I was able to beat Xander's infernal map with an armor team a long time ago, but I don't 100% remember what I did. What I do recall is that my characters don't have merges or extremely expensive skills. A mage armor helps, but I'm not sure if they're required.

Edited by Sunwoo

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you have a Halloween Henry at least?

I was able to beat Xander's infernal map with an armor team a long time ago, but I don't 100% remember what I did. What I do recall is that my characters don't have merges or extremely expensive skills. A mage armor helps, but I'm not sure if they're required.

Yes, I use him on my armor team. But he's green, so he won't do anything to Xander. He'll just die because of his very low Def.

Of course you don't want Henry against Xander. But you need to bait out the green mages at the very least. Although, you can also do that with the Black Knight if you have the QR seal.

EDIT: I found a way to beat Xander infernal using an armor team that doesn't use any mages. However, Ana, you will need hone armor, fortify armor, and swap.

Edited by Sunwoo

5 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@Rafiel's Aria might find this interesting. Or she might not.

If the game doesn’t want to give me green mages I want it to give me, I’m going to make my own:
Screenshot_20180611-010613.png

No available fodder for L&D3 right now, no idea for the C, and the S is obviously filler. (If only the stat+ seals didn’t cost as much to upgrade!)

He’s on a team with Ishtar for +5~11 Atk and +5 Spd when he’s near her, and that’s often.

I approve of Merric in any way, shape, or form. Any Merric is a beautiful Merric! I almost said "good" Merric, but he's really easy to build terribly. I know I've enjoyed using my shiny new Merric in the Arena. I like having the flier effectiveness back.

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

No. I don't use Ward Armor because Fortify Armor is better. It gives higher boosts. Also, I've never had Ward Armor fodder.

Dude, I'm not a whale. I can never do +10s with DC and Aether. I've never even pulled a single Hector. And I shouldn't be expected to have to do this. I'm not made out of money and I can't whale.

And my flier team can't do this map either. What the fuck. I thought I'd built up good armor and flier teams. But I guess they're both still trash. I honestly wish IS wouldn't make these quests though. Not everyone can invest in all of these teams. I'm lucky to have any good movement teams, let alone my horse one.

Ward Armor is actually better for armor teams because it means your armors don't have to be next to each other to receive buffs. They can move around a bit more freely and still maintain buffs. And Wards stack. If you're running 3 wards, your armors are getting +12 to DEF and RES which makes them VERY difficult to kill. Plus they can't be ployed. Sure, you're not getting Hone buffs, but armors really shine being able to do crazy amounts of damage with a special after taking no damage. The armor quests are definitely the most difficult because you have to be extremely precise with your movements and seals.

You don't NEED mages for these maps. I had to beat all of them using normal armors because I hadn't yet pulled a mage armor. I'm fairly certain to beat Xander, I had to use my 4 star Effie with just a normal Brave Lance. She had a few merges, but for all of those quests, I believe I used some combination of Black Knight/Arden, Effie, Amelia...and sometimes shifting between Hector and Sheena. Oddly enough, Hector rarely did anything except provide support. So no DC necessary because that's what BK was for. The first three were the ones to do all of the hard work. All Arden did on one map was ploy enemy buffs and provide ward support. 

Now I have a lot of premium armors who could probably make my life a LOT easier. In fact, I used Halloween Jakob for an all armor clear recently, and it was AWESOME. Check out @Sunwoo's strategy. It may actually be the one I found on Youtube when these quests first came out. I think this map was the one to give me the most trouble. 

@Anacybele If you can't beat this today, try to hold onto Draugs in the future for Ward Armor fodder, which makes these fights much more reasonable. BK receiving Ward, equipped with QR 2, and Distant Def should be able to wipe out both green mages and be ready to finish off the infantry sword in the following turn, if I remember right (you'd probably have to use Armor March to put him in the right-hand hallway or else Xander himself be a problem). The rest would be easy pickin's for Robin, Henry, and Jakob.

Dunno what you've got for fliers, but that was by far the hardest one for me, and I think I ended up promoting somebody that I had been considering promoting anyway. I have crap for fliers though.

33 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Of course you don't want Henry against Xander. But you need to bait out the green mages at the very least. Although, you can also do that with the Black Knight if you have the QR seal.

EDIT: I found a way to beat Xander infernal using an armor team that doesn't use any mages. However, Ana, you will need hone armor, fortify armor, and swap.

BK doesn't survive with Xander there though. You put BK in range of the mages, he's in range of Xander too.

I've got all those. They don't work.

10 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ward Armor is actually better for armor teams because it means your armors don't have to be next to each other to receive buffs. They can move around a bit more freely and still maintain buffs. And Wards stack. If you're running 3 wards, your armors are getting +12 to DEF and RES which makes them VERY difficult to kill. Plus they can't be ployed. Sure, you're not getting Hone buffs, but armors really shine being able to do crazy amounts of damage with a special after taking no damage. The armor quests are definitely the most difficult because you have to be extremely precise with your movements and seals.

You don't NEED mages for these maps. I had to beat all of them using normal armors because I hadn't yet pulled a mage armor. I'm fairly certain to beat Xander, I had to use my 4 star Effie with just a normal Brave Lance. She had a few merges, but for all of those quests, I believe I used some combination of Black Knight/Arden, Effie, Amelia...and sometimes shifting between Hector and Sheena. Oddly enough, Hector rarely did anything except provide support. So no DC necessary because that's what BK was for. The first three were the ones to do all of the hard work. All Arden did on one map was ploy enemy buffs and provide ward support. 

Now I have a lot of premium armors who could probably make my life a LOT easier. In fact, I used Halloween Jakob for an all armor clear recently, and it was AWESOME. Check out @Sunwoo's strategy. It may actually be the one I found on Youtube when these quests first came out. I think this map was the one to give me the most trouble. 

Except armors can barely move around anyway, even with the boots seal or Armor March, so what's the point? And I said I don't have Ward Armor regardless.

And my armors get ployed.

What strategy? Sunwoo/Sangyul just said she had one, she didn't give me any details.

I have Halloween Jakob, but I don't have Hector or Effie and I don't like Effie anyway. I have Amelia, but I don't care about her much. I like Henry more. Sheena just sucks ass. Her defenses are good, but she can't do damage worth shit.

Edited by Anacybele

40 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I did it with Zelgius, M!Grima, The Christmas Robin and Count Henry (although one of these may have been Frankenjakob, it was a while back), so you don't need Valentine Lyn to do it. Armours can be really good - they're the only ones I was able to beat all of the Infernals on on my own without a guide. I stacked ward and goad armour, though, since Xander has panic ploy. 

Omni H has a guide that uses Arden, BK, Gwendy and Sheena (the last two at 4*) with minimal SI, while Phoenixmaster uses BK, Effie, Gwendy and Sheena (last 3 at 4*, again with some SI) so elite units aren't required. It might be worth watching those guides to get an idea of other ways to do it, although both use Ward Armour, so you might have to wait until you pull a Draug if you want to complete them.

Hmm, I'm trying to replicate the strategy, but I'm having some trouble with it. However, this strategy is a bit SI-intensive. You need armor march to be able to get around easily, and someone with at least fortify armor, and swap to move other units around to safety. Unfortunately, the easiest person to have armor march on is the Black Knight himself, and I can imagine not very many people did that.

I will say this, though. There is one space where the green mages can suicide on the Black Knight, but Xander cannot reach. That's where I usually stick my BK. If you don't have armor march, he may be able to survive with close defense seal if you have it.

1 minute ago, Cute Chao said:

I think I did it with Zelgius, M!Grima, The Christmas Robin and Count Henry (although one of these may have been Frankenjakob, it was a while back), so you don't need Valentine Lyn to do it. Armours can be really good - they're the only ones I was able to beat all of the Infernals on on my own without a guide. I stacked ward and goad armour, though, since Xander has panic ploy. 

Omni H has a guide that uses Arden, BK, Gwendy and Sheena (the last two at 4*) with minimal SI, while Phoenixmaster uses BK, Effie, Gwendy and Sheena (last 3 at 4*, again with some SI) so elite units aren't required. It might be worth watching those guides to get an idea of other ways to do it, although both use Ward Armour, so you might have to wait until you pull a Draug if you want to complete them.

I don't have Zelgius or Grima Robin and I don't like Grima at all anyway.

I think armors are the worst movement type in this game, honestly. I would never use Gwendolyn when I have a Christmas Robin with 50 Atk and 40 Spd.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Hmm, I'm trying to replicate the strategy, but I'm having some trouble with it. However, this strategy is a bit SI-intensive. You need armor march to be able to get around easily, and someone with at least fortify armor, and swap to move other units around to safety. Unfortunately, the easiest person to have armor march on is the Black Knight himself, and I can imagine not very many people did that.

I will say this, though. There is one space where the green mages can suicide on the Black Knight, but Xander cannot reach. That's where I usually stick my BK. If you don't have armor march, he may be able to survive with close defense seal if you have it.

Yeah, I didn't do that. My Armor March units are the sole Christmas Robin, Halloween Henry, and Amelia that I have. Though I might not mind giving Amelia up despite her good IVs.

What space is that? I haven't seen any spaces that the BK wouldn't also be in range of Xander or sword infantry on.

It's the space directly below the infantry green mage. Xander can't reach you there, and the Black Knight can tank the infantry sword without dying.

EDIT: What skills and SI does your armor Robin have? It's possible I can't replicate it with him because mine is new and not outfitted with proper skills.

EDIT2: Okay, so, I did attempt a second clear. That said, armor march is pretty integral. I'll see if I can take it off Zelgius and have it affect anything. Do you have Sheena and Effie, at least?

Edited by Sunwoo

19 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It's the space directly below the infantry green mage. Xander can't reach you there, and the Black Knight can tank the infantry sword without dying.

EDIT: What skills and SI does your armor Robin have? It's possible I can't replicate it with him because mine is new and not outfitted with proper skills.

EDIT2: Okay, so, I did attempt a second clear. That said, armor march is pretty integral. I'll see if I can take it off Zelgius and have it affect anything. Do you have Sheena and Effie, at least?

My Christmas Robin has his base weapon with a Spd refine, Swap, Bonfire, Brazen Atk/Spd 3 (might replace that), Lancebreaker 2, Armor March 3, and Fortify Def 1 seal.

I have Sheena, but I don't see why I'd ever use her when she sucks and Halloween Henry, Amelia, and Christmas Lissa are all infinitely better. I never use Effie because I don't like her and Christmas Robin is way better anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

Think BK needs that Ward Armor from somebody, along with Distant Def 3 seal, because his Res is just too poor. The healer ends up finishing him off after he's taken out the mages and sword infantry.

edit: What does your Sheena look like? I'm not asking for this map, because I think you're correct to not bring her, but she might be worth using in the Michalis map since she comes with Svalinn Shield.

Edited by Johann

Ana, sent you a PM with a detailed strategy, if you haven't seen it yet.

EDIT: The reason I used Effie and Sheena isn't because they're Effie and Sheena, but because they're the only ones with hone and fortify armor by default. If you gave their hone and fortify skills to someone else better, by all means use them.

Edited by Sunwoo

4 minutes ago, Johann said:

Think BK needs that Ward Armor from somebody, along with Distant Def 3 seal, because his Res is just too poor. The healer ends up finishing him off after he's taken out the mages and sword infantry.

edit: What does your Sheena look like? I'm not asking for this map, because I think you're correct to not bring her, but she might be worth using in the Michalis map since she comes with Svalinn Shield.

Well, I don't have it.

I already cleared Michalis infernal with my armors, actually.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Ana, sent you a PM with a detailed strategy, if you haven't seen it yet.

EDIT: The reason I used Effie and Sheena isn't because they're Effie and Sheena, but because they're the only ones with hone and fortify armor by default. If you gave their hone and fortify skills to someone else better, by all means use them.

Okay.

Oh, I see. Yeah, BK has Hone Armor while Zombie Jakob has Fortify.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Well, I don't have it.

I already cleared Michalis infernal with my armors, actually.

Okay.

Oh, I see. Yeah, BK has Hone Armor while Zombie Jakob has Fortify.

I suppose BK can get away with hone armor, I don't think he ever got the hone armor boost. Jakob having fortify, I'm not sure how well it'll turn out because I had to have Sheena attack something at close range and I'm not sure if you have the space for a 2-range attack. I could be wrong, though, give it a try replacing Sheena and Effie with Winter Lissa and Halloween Jakob, maybe it'll make a difference. You'll want a green armor to deal with the lance fighter.

Lloyd got tired of being upstaged by his brother, being called a junkie, and being a sword user in a game oversaturated by it, so he chopped off his arm and became a demon hunter. :p

Spoiler

17fbaf28f770488c81ccfe813ac85175.jpg?v=2

It's Nero from the Devil May Cry series. This is what he looks like in the newly announced Devil May Cry 5. His new look, his shorter hair and blue coat, reminded me of Lloyd.

E3 is going very well. I can't wait for Death Stranding, Super Smash Bros. Switch., and whatever else.