Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 hours ago, Anacybele said:

No. I don't use Ward Armor because Fortify Armor is better. It gives higher boosts. Also, I've never had Ward Armor fodder.

Ward armors stack so they are actually better. I doubt that you have never pulled a single Draug in the 16 months you have been playing this game. He was a free units at least once for quest purposes. If you sent them all home then that was a big mistake on your part because Ward Armor is a key component of any Armor team.

Anyways, good luck with completing your quests.

3 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm going to punt someone if Delthea is on the Heroes with Death Blow banner (and I know she's going to be). There's enough I need to fucking spend my money on this month.

Delthea has been taunting me by showing up twice on the past few banners over the fact that I still don't have Linde. WRONG AURA DELTHEA. I swear, if she shows up again when I get around to pulling for Linde on her banner I will be pissed.

Are you trying to +10 everyone, or do you just have a list of units that you want to +10 and Delthea is one of them?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Having the summer banners be back-to-back is a bit weird, but it's not really any worse than spacing them out like last year.

2 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Are you trying to +10 everyone, or do you just have a list of units that you want to +10 and Delthea is one of them?

Trying to get everyone to +10 sounds like a nightmare. Not just because I don't own a fire extinguisher to deal with a flaming wallet, but also because handling poor natures is a pain in the ass (I still don't have a +Atk regular Ike at all, so I have zero motivation to merge him despite having more than enough copies).

Delthea just happens to be one of the characters I want to get to +10, but I'm going to have to content myself with waiting for pity breakers because I can't pull money out of an empty wallet.

No seasonal TT probably means we won't be getting a free seasonal this time round. Either way, this is probably the first calendar that hasn't had anything I'm looking forward to.

Though given the current precedent, we could very likely have 4 summer banners running at the same time.

Edited by Korath88

So what ever happened to those compensation orbs?

Also random though, I kinda wish we had a refined version of Assassin's Bow (Guard Bow completely replaces it in the refinery).

If only for the fact I want to give Clarisse an Assassin's Bow for thematic purposes and have a stat increase with a glowing bow.

Also who knows maybe non-HP locked Daggerbreaker might be useful for an annoying PvE map.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Soon™.

They are waiting for Julia’s banner to expire. Because of course they are.

I really feel for you. They pit your favourites whenever you don't have a proper orb stockpile (Linde, Ishtar although at least you got her)

26 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

No seasonal TT probably means we won't be getting a free seasonal this time round. Either way, this is probably the first calendar that hasn't had anything I'm looking forward to.

No TTs in all July would be truly disappointing. 

3 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I really feel for you. They pit your favourites whenever you don't have a proper orb stockpile (Linde, Ishtar although at least you got her)

Really, they couldn’t have picked worse time for Linde’s re-release. Ishtar, Deirdre, Julia, Linde all back to back. Too cruel.

2 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

No TTs in all July would be truly disappointing. 

There will probably be a tempest in the second half of July. Remember that we have a tempest scheduled for mid-June already.

6 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I hope not.

Then again, this new TT seemed so close after the Loki one.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There will probably be a tempest in the second half of July. Remember that we have a tempest scheduled for mid-June already.

I checked the wiki and we've had at least 1 TT event each month since the first event (14 TTs, TTs mini and TTs+ in 12 months). 

A summer themed seasonal bonus unit is not entirely impossible. 

Edited by mampfoid

5 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

So units with bunny ears can't wear the bunny ears accessory, but Masked Marth can wear the masks...

That's odd.

On the other hand:

tumblr_pa5qkbqiG11sn35pqo1_400.png tumblr_pa5qkbqiG11sn35pqo2_400.png

10 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

So units with bunny ears can't wear the bunny ears accessory, but Masked Marth can wear the masks...

Units in hats like Joshua or Gunnthrá can’t equip bunny ears either… but units in helmets like Nephenee or the BK can. Go figure.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Units in hats like Joshua or Gunnthrá can’t equip bunny ears either… but units in helmets like Nephenee or the BK can. Go figure.

tumblr_pa5qztXG2B1sn35pqo1_1280.png

dear god

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

That is so inconsistent.

Then there are characters like Sakura with hairpins who can just cover up theirs with the seashell hairpin.

If I were to hazard a guess (but I suppose spriters might know better), I'd bet on that it's because hats like Joshua and Spring!Seasonals bunny ears are treated separate from the character's hair (for animation/layering purposes). 

By contrast, Sakura's hairpain is...static? It never scales/morphs in terms of animation.

Hmm...you know that spite asset in the last datamine, a Legault with guide boxes overlayed?

That's probably a reference sheet for the accessories . Characters with spritelayers that already occupy such a slot/"guide box" can't equip an accessory there.

Edit: Looked again and I had the strikethrough stuff wrong (I shouldn't post w/o coffee) - the Legault sprite is more for scaling of the sprite it would seem (there's a number for the px on it). Still, there's probably some technical limitation as to why the slots are occupied.

(Overall it sounds similar to how a 3D model's prop bones have systems to get soft-locked, or "parented" to the prop so two props can't get parented to the same bone)

Edited by Tactician_Iris
Brainfarted

With a few hours left on the bhb banner, I decided to just go for it since she was already a high enough merge.

img%5D

She's +Res/-Def, and this isn't her actual skill set, but she hits hard like her mommy. Glacies, DB3, GT3, and threaten res. I did have a +Atk version, but she was -Res and decided to keep this base instead.

The new schedule is interesting. Two seasonal banners means nothing to me right now. The length of the first one allows me to summon on the legendary banner, then summon on the seasonal banner after. I just hope there is no fliers on this banner

1 minute ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

2 seasonal banner is another way of saying my orbs are save lul

Pretty much, yeah. Hopefully, there will be something exciting down the line. And when I say “something exciting”, I don’t mean CYL2. I mean something actually exciting.

Thank Naga, I can spend some more orbs for B!Ninian then save my orbs for the return of Vector.  Of course just to mess with me watch IS put Priam and Kaze one on each of the summer banners just so I can't save my orbs.  Of course part of me is hoping the new seasonal banners will have a new red tome flier who's design I actually like (hopefully male).  I think they will do a TT in July just mid-month like the one coming up and I am hoping for a seasonal TT reward that is a guy (Please be Priam).  Any bets on who is going to be rocking a suit this year?  I am expecting at least one Camilla, Lucina and Tharja and I have no idea on the guys, though I only expect 1 guy per banner so I am thinking Ike and Reinhardt. 

4 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Ward armors stack so they are actually better. I doubt that you have never pulled a single Draug in the 16 months you have been playing this game. He was a free units at least once for quest purposes. If you sent them all home then that was a big mistake on your part because Ward Armor is a key component of any Armor team.

I've pulled Draug before, yes, and even used him around launch time since he was one of my earliest pulls. But the last time I pulled him was...I think months ago. Haven't pulled him in a very long time, I know that.

EDIT: A FOCUS FOR HEROES WITH LUNA OMG! THAT MEANS FREDDY! AW MAN, BUT SUMMER FREDDY RETURNS AROUND THAT TIME TOO. DARN IT, IS.

Edited by Anacybele