Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Welcome to Saltsville, population: now two at least.

Julia apparently doesn't like us. At least we got Deirdre.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

22 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Julius has a super boon in Spd and super banes in HP and Def.

Valentine Eliwood has no super boons or super banes.

Michalis has a super boon in Spd and no super banes.

Oh then for Julius I would like +spd/-res.  Valentine Eliwood, guess +atk/-HP or +spd/-HP .  Michalis +spd/-res.  

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Not alts.

It’s that easy.

Seems like a very reasonable request.  Nothing makes me happier either.  However the only alt free banner thus far was the Genealogy one which dropped in May.  At that rate the next one would be October?  Maybe.  So 2 alt free banners the whole year.  

15 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Yeah, Aether- or Falchion banners would feature additional reds most likely. 

15 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Helpful Chrom is actually in a very poor spot in terms of possible side banners he could be on.

Falchion is exclusive to reds. The only non-red character with Aether is Brave Lucina.

The only non-red characters in the summoning pool with Fury are Bartre, Jagen, and Myrrh, and Bartre and Jagen are highly unlikely to appear on a banner unless they seriously need filler space to specifically make the banner for Chrom.

The only other character in the summoning pool with a Chill skill is Dark Celica, who is also red.

His only chances are to have the two remaining limited-exclusive Chill skills added to the summoning pool on non-red characters or to wait for more Valor skills to be added to the summoning pool. I suppose Luna might work.

They could also do another "Cavalry" banner.

Darn it >.<

But I can keep hoping...

15 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Brave Ike is green and has got Aether.

Roll on the CYL Ike, Lucina and Helpful Chrom banner! :D

Since I now have a Nino and a LInus, I ran this:

Spoiler

Screenshot_2018-06-12-15-47-25.png?width

Bring your sister to work day, featuring that weird kid who won't leave her alone.

At least the summer banners represent a break. I needed that after that do-or-die Nino. All that's left to hope for is that they're at least tasteful enough to ignore.

@Oz ♠ It's become second nature to me. I can clear 99% of the game's content with my team which would include quite a bit of Arena if using them didn't tank my score. Buffing and debuffing isn't gimmicky in the least provided you've got good team comp. However Panic Ploy and the ever growing list of skills and weapons that render them worthless (Like Brave Lyn for mages for one!) can be an occasional problem. Debuffs are good in that sense because the only thing you have to worry about is the rare Harsh Command skill, but overall none of those counters are frequent enough to be a deterrent for me, and they probably wouldn't be even if they were at this point.

Stacking Drives, Spurs, Rallies and the like is perfectly fine and definitely do it if you want to and it works. People will always be able to try and debunk a certain type of playstyle if it's not meta. Ally and Summoner Supports are prime examples but they're in the game to make things easier for you so it doesn't make sense not to use them if your units have the synergy.

In your case, I didn't consider Julius for Close Counter but It seems like he's turning out to be a pretty good pick for you, if you want to stack bulk buffs on him go for it. Tactics buffs force you to run a mixed team but if you're into that then there's no reason not to.

TL;DR: Yes, it's efficient. Once you get your team comp set you'll be fine. If you enjoy it, do it. But watch out for Panic Ploy users.

1 hour ago, Zeo said:

@Oz ♠ It's become second nature to me. I can clear 99% of the game's content with my team which would include quite a bit of Arena if using them didn't tank my score. Buffing and debuffing isn't gimmicky in the least provided you've got good team comp. However Panic Ploy and the ever growing list of skills and weapons that render them worthless (Like Brave Lyn for mages for one!) can be an occasional problem. Debuffs are good in that sense because the only thing you have to worry about is the rare Harsh Command skill, but overall none of those counters are frequent enough to be a deterrent for me, and they probably wouldn't be even if they were at this point.

Stacking Drives, Spurs, Rallies and the like is perfectly fine and definitely do it if you want to and it works. People will always be able to try and debunk a certain type of playstyle if it's not meta. Ally and Summoner Supports are prime examples but they're in the game to make things easier for you so it doesn't make sense not to use them if your units have the synergy.

In your case, I didn't consider Julius for Close Counter but It seems like he's turning out to be a pretty good pick for you, if you want to stack bulk buffs on him go for it. Tactics buffs force you to run a mixed team but if you're into that then there's no reason not to.

TL;DR: Yes, it's efficient. Once you get your team comp set you'll be fine. If you enjoy it, do it. But watch out for Panic Ploy users.

Honestly i think the real reason nobody talks about buffs is because its such a low impact thing to team build that it dont warant discussing beyond simply saying "is getting stats for free good? Duh". All buffing means in this game is "choosing 1 c slot over another", and with how hard it is to apply ploy, smoke, and threaten sometimes it become an almost brainless addition

And then you have those like me running Marth 

6 hours ago, Lewyn said:

Oh then for Julius I would like +spd/-res.  Valentine Eliwood, guess +atk/-HP or +spd/-HP .  Michalis +spd/-res.  

I have no idea why you'd go for natures that clearly suck for Julius and Michalis, but you do you.

10 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have no idea why you'd go for natures that clearly suck for Julius and Michalis, but you do you.

In context, sounds like he's overvaluing supernatures.

Julius is the only one of the three on a threshold (151 BST), and +Atk/-Spd is fine enough. Michalis sits smack-dab in the middle of his threshold (157), so optimising is a pointless exercise.

3 minutes ago, bethany81707 said:

In context, sounds like he's overvaluing supernatures.

My thoughts exactly. It's like the Everyday Life of Heroes comic strip where Kiran gives Arden the Speed +1 Sacred Seal.

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

My thoughts exactly. It's like the Everyday Life of Heroes comic strip where Kiran gives Arden the Speed +1 Sacred Seal.

I wonder why he would even pick +Spd for Michalis. 30 Spd (34 at +10) is not exactly groundshaking. And it’s not like Spd is a priority stat for counterkill tanks anyway.

25 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder why he would even pick +Spd for Michalis. 30 Spd (34 at +10) is not exactly groundshaking. And it’s not like Spd is a priority stat for counterkill tanks anyway.

Actually, +Spd for Michalis is 31 which... still wouldn’t be that great.  Yeah, not worth it hypothetically.

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What's this about boons and banes for Michalis, Julius, and LA Eliwood? They've never been in the summoning pool.

Hypothetical talk of if they were added in the future like Kaze was.

37 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Actually, +Spd for Michalis is 31 which... still wouldn’t be that great.  Yeah, not worth it hypothetically.

Michalis has 26 Spd at 5★.

So... how bout that new Fire Emblem? And also English Marth and potentially Roy?

I wonder how one would even go about translating the somewhat realistic looks of a character from new FE to something so cartoony looking as FEH...?

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I wonder how one would even go about translating the somewhat realistic looks of a character from new FE to something so cartoony looking as FEH...?

It's less realistic in style than Soeda's art. It'll fit in just fine.

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Edelgard in Heroes when?

Spring. I guess I'm saving my orbs when Winter comes. I'm curious about other characters. Soldiers will be in that game as well so yay.

Disappointed they didn't port over Heroes special charge system and just have regular random crits. Always an unlikely hope, but I love how much more deterministic Heroes is. And this goes for all games, not just Fire Emblem. Other than that, I'm neutral on everything that was shown, which wasn't much.

Edited by Humanoid