Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I commented in the Three houses thread, but I am almost hyper excited about it.  I think Heroes making so much money is a big reason, that they can be so ambitious and really reach for the stars.  As much as I like every game in the main series (even if I say bad stuff about this or that game or character), the point of new entries isn't just more of the same but expanding on the past as well as adding new elements.  

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I suppose I can understand some of the lack of hype for the new game, especially since the release date is so far off. And Yuri Lowenthal didn't narrate the trailer. I guess the new characters would be coming just in time for CYL next year. That means we probably have a while to wait before we see anyone in Heroes. As a poor working adult, I know I won't be able to buy a Switch since I've got other stuff to prioritize. XD And I also know the day after I buy one, a new system's going to get announced. But I'm still pretty excited just to see something; it's really amazing how the series is evolving. I didn't have a chance to really look at anything in much detail, but from what I've seen of the three lords, they look cool, especially Claude. I really want to see him in Heroes. But the colors for each lord kind of reminds me of the three teams from Pokemon GO. ...If we get a 4th house with a green theme we can have the HP houses. 

2 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

yeah, like, people seem to forget this shit is just part of the game. A strategy game. If you want to assume characters can't get the tools they need to be good, then don't complain about them being bad afterwards...

I don't see how adding +4 to any stat isn't a massive diffrence. Even more-so characters stacking Def/Res Tactics and getting doubled, which means a potential 12 less damage...and don't even get me started on further buff stacking. It's a great way to build durability characters, and I've been having so much success with it. It's also a lot more fun than just throwing a Lynhardt and Blade Tomes as a solution to everything.

Your missing the point. My point is that its often "not worth discussing" buff since everyone knows its literally just "put a C slot and make them adjacent to an ally, WAOW"

Its strong, and ridiculously so, but nothing about buff stacking really makes a huge change to how the game is played.

Its almost as "obvious" as stuff like forging in Shadow Dragon. Nobody really discussed forging in SD anymore because its been assumed for every unit. The same happened to buffs in FEH - except FEH discussion tend to ignore buff until its convenient to make arguments using them

3 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

except FEH discussion tend to ignore buff until its convenient to make arguments using them

In the Arena, which is where most of the discussion centers, it's generally assumed that enemies will have somewhat comparable buffs to your own units, which means they will usually cancel out (Spd cancels out exactly, player units typically receive 1 or 2 points more from Atk buffs than enemy units receive from defensive buffs due to weapon triangle advantage).

Times when I do mention buffs are usually either because a team composition is assumed that provides higher or different buffs than the usual +4 to Atk and Spd (for example, I typically assume Fortify Dragons on dragon units), I need to specifically highlight that the buff is necessary (Merric needs a Res buff to tank Reinhardt), or when dealing with specific worst-case scenarios (I always assume an enemy Reinhardt is fully merged and has maximum buffs).

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Spring can’t come soon enough. Can’t wait to not get Edelgard because no green stones.

I-I'm sorry, but all I can see from that sprite is..

Spoiler

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ42oVzBaXF_FOiq7WU7x3agfBpJ4PQKxPRtoWqX3XiKGfkY-rN

26 minutes ago, thanny said:

I-I'm sorry, but all I can see from that sprite is..

Hide contents

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ42oVzBaXF_FOiq7WU7x3agfBpJ4PQKxPRtoWqX3XiKGfkY-rN

At first I was seeing a vampire or something, but yep, yep that's really fuckin it. So I guess children are confirmed for Three Houses then, since we have to pick up Draco at some point.

24 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm starting to feel like one of the only few people who actually likes all three of the protagonists.

Not the only one at all. I’m on this side as well. They do look interesting, and I can’t wait to learn more about them.

17 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Not the only one at all. I’m on this side as well. They do look interesting, and I can’t wait to learn more about them.

Yeah. It's just kind of weird to see people getting their hopes up so high with various characters even though we know like ... next to nothing about them. I think only Edelgard seemed to be featured at length in the trailer to begin with?

EDIT: I will say this, though. I'm getting some FE7 vibes with the three characters that are being prominently featured, and I hope that Edelgard is more like the Eliwood than the Lyn of this trio.

Edited by Sunwoo

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yeah. It's just kind of weird to see people getting their hopes up so high with various characters even though we know like ... next to nothing about them. I think only Edelgard seemed to be featured at length in the trailer to begin with?

EDIT: I will say this, though. I'm getting some FE7 vibes with the three characters that are being prominently featured, and I hope that Edelgard is more like the Eliwood than the Lyn of this trio.

Yeah, Dimitri and Claude all made an attack, and the rest of the video was the narration (by Edelgard?) and a bit of gameplay with Edelgard. Enough for me to get hyped for all three nonetheless.

Yeah again, I’m seriously scared that Edelgard might get Lyn’d again, disappearing from the plot after her arc will be resolved. The “I won’t be forgotten” line gets me a bit nervous. Then again, it might be IS memeing themselves.

I’m genuinely interested about the dynamic within the trio (and d’ArtagnanByleth).

I'm mostly wondering how the "three houses" come into play with one another. Edelgard, Dmitri, and Claude's outfits seem rather similar, minus the obvious color differences, so it feels like they might be connected in some way. I really hope we don't have to choose who we want to side with, I got enough of that with Fates.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm mostly wondering how the "three houses" come into play with one another. Edelgard, Dmitri, and Claude's outfits seem rather similar, minus the obvious color differences, so it feels like they might be connected in some way. I really hope we don't have to choose who we want to side with, I got enough of that with Fates.

The impression I’ve got from their outfits being similar is that they start the story at a military academy, with Byleth being their instructor.
I also see several possibilities with regards to splitting (or lack thereof): 1) the party is whole and indivisible, FE7-style; 2) you choose whom to stick with at a certain point in the story, FE8-style; 3) the narrative switches between the parties at certain points in the story, FE10-style. I don’t really see them splitting the game Fates-style again, and neither do I see them giving us simultaneous control of the parties, FE2/15-style.

i'm just glad they're changing up the weapons they use

female Axe lord seems interesting- who can also wield swords and magic?

Bow lord is nice, I like his design the most

Lance lord is probably the most meh but another infantry lance lord that looks to be the opposite of Ephraim's personality is nice

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

The impression I’ve got from their outfits being similar is that they start the story at a military academy, with Byleth being their instructor.
I also see several possibilities with regards to splitting (or lack thereof): 1) the party is whole and indivisible, FE7-style; 2) you choose whom to stick with at a certain point in the story, FE8-style; 3) the narrative switches between the parties at certain points in the story, FE10-style. I don’t really see them splitting the game Fates-style again, and neither do I see them giving us simultaneous control of the parties, FE2/15-style.

Perhaps, yeah

Scenario 1 would be the one I'd like the most, personally.

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I'm starting to feel like one of the only few people who actually likes all three of the protagonists.

I really like the looks of them. Lots of people are hating on... Dmitri (I think the blonde one is called) for his hair, but I quite like it. I know my hair ends up in all odds and ends and doesn't always fall perfectly, so it reminds me of that. The other two are great, too :D

Edited by Cute Chao

3 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I like them a lot too. I'll have to reserve my judgments once we get more information on them, but they look nice as far as designs go. Not really like anyone we've had before which is refreshing. I was honestly prepared for another blue-haired sword lord to show up. Claude's design gives me some hope that we'll see a slightly more diverse cast. 

Dang...that last Chain Challenge is difficult. >.> Finally beat it, but man...I think it took a few years off of my life. Mad respect to the people who manage f2p strategies. I tried a few myself to get some inspiration. All that for 4 orbs. Wow... Gonna' give some props to Cordelia. Galeforce saved my life. I need to slap that on some more people.

So apparently people are pointing out the artist for the new FE being the one who made the char art for "uta no prince-sama". Pretty boy emblem

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Nope, I like them. I was actually trying to think of which of our countries they might be based from, plus a bit of Hetalia thrown in. Edelgard is German, Dimitri is Russian, and...I'm confused over Claude. I was basing things off their names vs country flags (due to their cloaks) and his is making things difficult on placing him. Still, they all look great to me. Dunno about the Teacher, but we'll see when they introduce the female version...I just know I'm not sticking with the default name this time.

30 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

So apparently people are pointing out the artist for the new FE being the one who made the char art for "uta no prince-sama". Pretty boy emblem

I've been playing that a lot, at least the mobile game.

Now I can hope for a Tokiya a-like xD

Is it the artist for the mobile game or is it for something else? Not sure if it has different artists for different things .

I'm already excited to see these guys in Heroes... but they all look to be infantry again. I'm hoping they gain mounts or something on promotion so we can get something more exciting...

Edited by Cute Chao

45 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I've been playing that a lot, at least the mobile game.

Now I can hope for a Tokiya a-like xD

Is it the artist for the mobile game or is it for something else? Not sure if it has different artists for different things .

I'm already excited to see these guys in Heroes... but they all look to be infantry again. I'm hoping they gain mounts or something on promotion so we can get something more exciting...

The artist is called Kurahana Chinatsu. She's done the char art for Uta no Prince-sama as well as Aquarion Evol.

Regarding the mount thing. One user made a post of how there's supposedly dismounting in the game. They compared the cavaliers in the cutscenes with some units in the gameplay and it showed that the cavaliers were dismounted. The armor of the unmounted units in question were very similar to that of the cavaliers shown in the cutscene. Where all the pieces of armor start and end as well as design. Helms different of course

Edited by silveraura25

46 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

The artist is called Kurahana Chinatsu. She's done the char art for Uta no Prince-sama as well as Aquarion Evol.

Regarding the mount thing. One user made a post of how there's supposedly dismounting in the game. They compared the cavaliers in the cutscenes with some units in the gameplay and it showed that the cavaliers were dismounted. The armor of the unmounted units in question were very similar to that of the cavaliers shown in the cutscene. Where all the pieces of armor start and end as well as design. Helms different of course

Oh wow, I'd really like if that were the case. I actually quite liked the idea of dismounting in the games that did it, so I'd like to see it back :)