• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I'm not as keen on the Askran Hairclip as I was about the Seashell Hairclip. I struggled to find a unit I liked it on, despite liking the Seashell one on pretty much everyone. I can't remember who I've left it with currently, but I did find someone :)

I put the goggles on Nino. Was going to put them on Naked Xander but didn't want to cover his face up xD

Nino looks adorable in them :)

10 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

Is there any functional reason why one would aspire to consistently stay in Tier 20, assuming they're F2P? I keep seeing people basically "sell" themselves off to Dragon teams and investing tons of feathers on merges...to eventually get feathers? Seems to me it'll take a lot longer for that to end up paying off, even if it's long term investment. It takes around 200k feathers to make one +10, and it doesn't seem like an extra 1,2k a week pays off anytime soon.

Is it just a status symbol and competitive value? I literally can't even justify promoting my trio when I can rotate T19>20 and so on. The only real benefit is the sense of variety in teams at that score range, which makes it more fun than generic cavalry teams.

The extra resources are a nice reason to get to the point of always staying in tier 20. However, you don't need to "sell out" to armors or dragons to do it. You can +10 three of your favorites, and as long as the all have dual rallies, Aether/Galeforce, and mostly 240 SP skills you should be able to score high enough to stay in tier 20. You will want to 5* the Askr trio and build them with the same high SP skills to have a good enough scoring bonus unit each week.

If you try to use healers or ranged attackers as part of your 3-unit core, you might not be able to score high enough. But I don't know that for sure.

My core had Caeda, Lukas, and Nowi for a while and even with a pathetically build Askr trio for the bonus unit I never had any trouble staying in tier 20.

13 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Estonia.

12 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Estonia works.

*Sniff* Non-polticians actually know about my country.

3 hours ago, Cute Chao said:

I'm not as keen on the Askran Hairclip as I was about the Seashell Hairclip. I struggled to find a unit I liked it on, despite liking the Seashell one on pretty much everyone. I can't remember who I've left it with currently, but I did find someone :)

I put the goggles on Nino. Was going to put them on Naked Xander but didn't want to cover his face up xD

Nino looks adorable in them :)

I kind of have the same issue with... Most of them actually. I like all the accessories we've got but I can't pick characters I like them on. I've only given Feh to Tiki this far because a message owl felt appropriate for greeting other players.

15 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

No worries, we know about our neighbours up here in north. You appear in our news every few months. Also cheap booze.

2 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

No worries, we know about our neighbours up here in north.

Neighbours in the north? (Are you in Latvia?)
Or are you in the north? (Are you in Finland?)

3 minutes ago, Sylphid said:

Also cheap booze.

Hehehe. Not anymore. Though by crossing out the sentence probably means you're aware that Estonia is no longer a haven for "cheap" alcohol. I find it amusing how the Finnish take busses that go through Estonia to get to Latvia just to get alcohol for a reasonable price. Though I heard a rumour that Latvia was also going to have the prices of alcoholic beverages spike. Guess they'll go all the way to Lithuania then

1 minute ago, silveraura25 said:

Hehehe. Not anymore. Though by crossing out the sentence probably means you're aware that Estonia is no longer a haven for "cheap" alcohol. I find it amusing how the Finnish take busses that go through Estonia to get to Latvia just to get alcohol for a reasonable price. Though I heard a rumour that Latvia was also going to have the prices of alcoholic beverages spike. Guess they'll go all the way to Lithuania then

Lol yes I know that, though the strikethough was mostly because I consider that a stupid habit and a meme that should die. They would definitely go to Lithuania next, after that who knows. Maybe the great drinking culture revolution of small brewery beers and wines will have taken over by then.

Yes this is totally a thing that gets more allotted time on the news than needed.

I still need to get me those other accessories sometime! I might put the goggles on Summer Freddy depending on how they look on him. :P

Still want a bear hat someday for regular Freddy!

10 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Close, but it's actually a Ditto disguised as Xane who is disguised as Doopliss who is disguised as Loki who is disguised as Gunnthra.

Saying it is Doopliss ruins his disguise magic, so therefore it cannot be him. If it was, he could have taken the precaution of removing all of FEH's "p"s. Only when you suddenly notice things have changed to eri, alla, riscilla, Selih, Sohia, Ehraim, arthia, Gleinir, Kitty addle, avise, Swift Sarrow, Quick Rioste, Deseration, Triangle Adet, Sahire Lance, oison Strike, hysic. 

This said, Alfonse took a precaution against this by opting not for Alphonse, which would then become Alhonse.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

...you know the world is doomed when people are more concerned about booze.

Is concern about booze a cause of the world being doomed, or is a non-causal reaction to the realization the world is doomed? Big difference.

And someone has already likely pointed this out, but I'm not touching the FE3H board with a ten lightyear pole, but now we have a Claude and a Claud. Another name situation just waiting to ruin a dyslexic person's day. How are the names spelled in Japanese by the way?

52 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Is concern about booze a cause of the world being doomed, or is a non-causal reaction to the realization the world is doomed? Big difference.

I think it's more of people not wanting to focus on other, more important things. Like...about the coming Summer Banner

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

I was a kid that grew up poring over atlases. I still have a wall map on the wall in my bedroom at my parents' house from before the break-up of the Soviet Union.

I don't quite remember all of the flags from back then, but the simple ones come to mind quickly. I didn't think of Estonia when looking at Dimitri's face sprite, but immediately upon seeing the colors listed out (black, blue, gray), Estonia's flag (white, black, blue) came to mind immediately (though I had to double check to make sure I got the country associated to it correct).

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

And someone has already likely pointed this out, but I'm not touching the FE3H board with a ten lightyear pole, but now we have a Claude and a Claud. Another name situation just waiting to ruin a dyslexic person's day. How are the names spelled in Japanese by the way?

Both are クロード (kurōdo), "Claude" pronounced as in French.

Which makes for the fourth pair of playable characters sharing a name in Japanese if you count the spelling only in Japanese script, but there is still only one pair if you also count the spelling in Latin script (Japanese name in Latin script in parentheses):

• Linde (Rinda) and Linda (Linda) are both リンダ.
  • Kamui (Kamui) and Corrin (Kamui) are both カムイ.
  • Gray (Gray) and Asugi (Gurei) are both グレイ.
  • Claud (Claud) and Claude (Claude) are both クロード.

I might have missed someone, but I think I got all of them.

@Oz ♠ @Hawk King I use BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia and it is not difficult to stay in Tier 20. They are all +10 and have Aether, but I did not need to give them Dual Rallies yet.

33 minutes ago, XRay said:

@Oz ♠ @Hawk King I use BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia and it is not difficult to stay in Tier 20. They are all +10 and have Aether, but I did not need to give them Dual Rallies yet.

+HP BH!Lyn by any chance?

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Saying it is Doopliss ruins his disguise magic, so therefore it cannot be him. If it was, he could have taken the precaution of removing all of FEH's "p"s. Only when you suddenly notice things have changed to eri, alla, riscilla, Selih, Sohia, Ehraim, arthia, Gleinir, Kitty addle, avise, Swift Sarrow, Quick Rioste, Deseration, Triangle Adet, Sahire Lance, oison Strike, hysic. 

This said, Alfonse took a precaution against this by opting not for Alphonse, which would then become Alhonse.

That only helped to undo his body / identity swapping shenanigans. Post-Chapter 4, he was still very much capable of mimicking the appearances of other people and did so twice as part of the plot.

Finally beat CC 9+10, with two armor+healer teams followed by my usual flying princesses team. Elincia died at the end because she couldn't quite one-round Jaffar, but Camilla/Corrin/Azura were able to clean things up nicely.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

+HP BH!Lyn by any chance?

BH!Lyn is [+Atk, -Res], Reinhardt is [+Atk, -HP] (need neutral Spd for quad attacking some slow armors in PvE), Olivia is also [+Atk, -HP].

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

That only helped to undo his body / identity swapping shenanigans. Post-Chapter 4, he was still very much capable of mimicking the appearances of other people and did so twice as part of the plot.

I fully recall that, the Excess Express and all (I wish the Shadow Sirens battle at the Riverside Station hadn't been scrapped as side note), I was just toying with what would happen if you did do a little letter removal in Heroes. Heck Doopliss makes the point of saying telling Beldam to get his name right, since the old crone isn't so nice to Vivian's replacement (which makes more sense by the way when you remember Vivian is a transgender female in Japan- Doopliss is in a way replacing the "male" in the group).

But I digress too much in good old TTYD. 

4 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Like...about the coming Summer Banner

Wonder which games they'll be repping this time? Love Abounds gave Elibe the full seasonal treatment. The OCs and Fates, and Archanea got in the Spring 2018. Bridal Bloom gave Awakening, FE7 again, Archanea, and our first hint of Tellius Seasonal in the Contronaki.

SS is still devoid of Seasonality right? Hmm... Tana? L'Arachel in a swimsuit sounds fun, but it seems too early for her having only released this year. Eirika and Eph already have two selves each, and Eph will soon be getting a third. But maybe Eirika, or Amelia. Joshua would be fine, but I doubt him or Innes would get a swim bod, assuming it is double swimsuits, and not say one in camping gear, they just don't seem popular enough. Lute has her bookishness in her way.

SoV needs Seasonals as well, it like its offspring SS has none. We have only one Alm, so why not him? Someone made a swimwear Gray in the Sprites Request thing once, don't know if it still exists, but it turned out well and I think this big strong man could be loved in one. Faye, Lukas, Mae, Boey.... I'm sure there is someone here who would sell Orbs beautifully while wading in the water. SoV is recent enough.

Jugdral- slim pickins fer em. But Sigurd, Eldigan, Lachesis and Ayra are viable I think. Arden could be a joke. Seliph seems bland. Deirdre and Julia look too pure to me to be caught in a bikini, but so was Elise.

FE6 could use more, as could Archanea. But is anyone presently from FE6 popular enough for a swimsuit? Fae? Fir? Raigh with those floaties you put around the arms? Archanea is a bit better with the Whitewings, Katarina, Camus, Minerva, Michalis, and Maria.

Tellius only has one Seasonal so far, and given Catria was followed by Marth and Bridal Bloom had Ninian, it is possible Summer will have another Seasonal Telliusian.

1. Ike has two totally different appearances capable of Seasonalizing. Pick a bod and rave!
  2. Titania, I doubt, but she'd be a mature woman without the robustness of Camilla- different and I'd appreciate the diversity move.
  3. Elincia, I could see her in swimwear, wouldn't like it though.
  4. Oscar- doubt it, why him when Ike and Ephraim exist?
  5. Nephenee- shy country girl who don't y'all know ain't comfortable being a long stretch of sand an' salt water at all should sell Orbs pretty darn well?
  6. Mia, who likes perky girls at the shore- raise your hands! *Counts them by the hundreds of thousands*
  7. Mist, here is her official PoR art:
Spoiler

Mist.jpg

Now replace that basket of tomatoes (Leo will take it!) with an inner tube, and her clothes with a bikini. You wouldn't need to alter her pose in the slightest and it would work perfectly.

• Soren- Well Leo, having said him before, is rather bookish but got the swimwear on, so Soren might be able to work.
  • Micaiah and Sothe- both are too recent additions. Sothe already has the glorious belly shirt.
  • Black Knight- he is defined by his armor, you can't remove it, you can't throw a speedo on top it, so no to him.
  • Zelgius- well he is shirtless in the one RD memory scene:
Spoiler

fe10-front-of-zelgius.png

fe10-back-of-zelgius.png

...I think we have a contender.

And of course we should expect in all likelihood at least one Afatening due to their powerful and still extant appeal, I'd want Takumi, since Hoshido got gipped out of swimsuits last year.

@Interdimensional Observer *wipes away drool* That Zelgius screencap took me by surprise, I could DEFINITELY see him reluctantly in trunks if Teen!Sanaki or Sephiran ordered him into it. As for Magvel reps, it'd probably be the perfect time to bring in the redheaded duo of Tethys and Ewan. Tethys already wears a harem outfit, so it isn't much of a stretch. I can imagin Ewan wearing his trunks and using a tome that summons up countless inflatables to attack; even better, he's riding a seahorse inflatable. If they do SoV, hmm...I wouldn't say no to a Saber alt...it'd probably the only way i do get him...*glares at black spot*