• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

@Interdimensional Observer That Zelgius screencap took me by surprise, I could DEFINITELY see him reluctantly in trunks if Teen!Sanaki or Sephiran ordered him into it. 

One slight problem (and I say this as a major Zelgius fan)- he would probably never appear in public without a shirt, since it would give away his brand.  The whole reason he had his shirt off in that scene was to ask Sephiran if he could remove the brand.  So I don't think Sephiran would order him to appear in a public without a shirt, and he'd probably try to find a way out (without disobeying orders) if Sanaki ordered it.  Considering how careful Sephiran mentions he is about hiding it, he'd probably consider it a career ender to be seen without a shirt.

Anyway...  I'd be happy to see Tellius seasonals, as long as they aren't Zelgius in a situation he would probably never put himself in or the controversy that Sanaki caused.  And I like the look of Zelgius without a shirt, but throwing him on the beach without one for no good reason is terrible characterization on IS's part.

(Some of this is probably head cannon I've built up over the years)

Edited by Venmi

46 minutes ago, Venmi said:

One slight problem (and I say this as a major Zelgius fan)- he would probably never appear in public without a shirt, since it would give away his brand.  The whole reason he had his shirt off in that scene was to ask Sephiran if he could remove the brand.  So I don't think Sephiran would order him to appear in a public without a shirt, and he'd probably try to find a way out (without disobeying orders) if Sanaki ordered it.  Considering how careful Sephiran mentions he is about hiding it, he'd probably consider it a career ender to be seen without a shirt.

Anyway...  I'd be happy to see Tellius seasonals, as long as they aren't Zelgius in a situation he would probably never put himself in or the controversy that Sanaki caused.  And I like the look of Zelgius without a shirt, but throwing him on the beach without one for no good reason is terrible characterization on IS's part.

Give him a Hawaiian shirt ala Frederick. Problem solved and we still get those glorious abs.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Deirdre and Julia look too pure to me to be caught in a bikini, but so was Elise.

Oof.

There's such a thing as being "too pure" to like the beach? I really just so much dislike this concept of "pureness". It's so dated and I feel insulting to women. Elise is a child though, I would have prefered Sakura be used as an example here along with the priestesses of Jugdral.  I can imagine Sakura being shy in her swimsuit, being more wary of her sexual appeal and being a shy woman in general, not so for Elise who I'd prefer to say is innocent rather than "pure". 

There's this thing that makes "pure" characters, and by that we apparently mean characters that should be void of sexual appeal (?), or something, actually sexually appealing to men. All through history, virginity has been a fascination for men. Domination over submisssive women was sought and still is. Men used to even sell this "pureness", which the father possessed and would get compensation for from the future husband.

An equal gender modern approach demands that we drop this concept of pureness. 

I just want to see what guys are going to be on the summer banners, I would like Voulg and Zihark on a Tellius one and Kliff on a SoV one.  

9 hours ago, XRay said:

@Oz ♠ @Hawk King I use BH!Lyn, Reinhardt, and Olivia and it is not difficult to stay in Tier 20. They are all +10 and have Aether, but I did not need to give them Dual Rallies yet.

Not sure if this is supposed to be ironic or not, but it answers itself. You've also stated on a few ocassions you're a player that puts money in consistently.

14 hours ago, Hawk King said:

The extra resources are a nice reason to get to the point of always staying in tier 20.

Thing is, they're not exactly "extra" when they take a lot of time to eventually pay off. It's only an 1,2k feathers from T19>20. Arena Assasult definitely makes a better bridge from Top 50k to about Top 100 (maximum being 5k).

1 hour ago, Vince777 said:

Oof.

There's such a thing as being "too pure" to like the beach? I really just so much dislike this concept of "pureness". It's so dated and I feel insulting to women. Elise is a child though, I would have prefered Sakura be used as an example here along with the priestesses of Jugdral.  I can imagine Sakura being shy in her swimsuit, being more wary of her sexual appeal and being a shy woman in general, not so for Elise who I'd prefer to say is innocent rather than "pure". 

There's this thing that makes "pure" characters, and by that we apparently mean characters that should be void of sexual appeal (?), or something, actually sexually appealing to men. All through history, virginity has been a fascination for men. Domination over submisssive women was sought and still is. Men used to even sell this "pureness", which the father possessed and would get compensation for from the future husband.

An equal gender modern approach demands that we drop this concept of pureness. 

It appears I've hit a nerve. Didn't exactly mean to.

I mean something more conservative could work for Deidre, maybe with a parasol. But when you think of swimsuits in a fanservice setting, which FEH is, you assume skimpy, and that seems not exactly to be at all in character if you ask me for Deidre or Julia her daughter clone.

Although in the specific case of Deidre, for some reason she does come off to me as the Western classical ideal woman on a pedestal- that which you despise. Deidre seems to me to be designed as the purest Vestal Virgin, chaste and faithful in marriage, and the most devoted of mothers. I'm not saying I approve of this, but for me, this seems to be a core part of the original intent behind Deidre.

Also, purity was extolled in ye olde Medieval Europe amongst males in some cases. Le Morte D'Arthur, that gigantic, dry compilation of Arthurian tales published first in 1485, seven years before the beginning of Early Modern history, and thus in the culminating end of the Medieval period, is a case of this. Only three knights in all of King Arthur's court attain to the Holy Grail: Bors, Percival, and Galahad. Bors is chaste, having only had sex once, Percival and Galahad are virgins. Lancelot, who is the strongest of knights normally, fails several times before the Holy Grail because of his affair with Guinevere, and Galahad by the way was only conceived because Lancelot was tricked into thinking Galahad's mother was Guinevere. It is thanks to this affair that glorious Camelot comes to an end when Lancelot splits from Arthur and the two factions fight. To redeem themselves, Guinevere and Lancelot both end up taking vows of chastity and live as monastics apart from each other following all the tragedy. And Gawain, described several times as the strongest of worldly knights (Lancelot tries to be of high morality, he just fails, Gawain never does), isn't successful in the Grail quest either.

This is not to deny pureness is more associated misogynistically with females, but there are male cases of it too, just not as enforced because men ruled the world and got away with things. And I would say that Claud is a character who would be too "pure", or rather if you prefer it, just out of character, to be in swimwear.

3 hours ago, Venmi said:

I understand this. Although the Beachrealms are a judgement-free no-discrimination zone I believe. Zelgius is a very very serious character, everyone from Awakening and Fates has an inherent lighthearted side to them owing to the anime/fanservicey/"modern" nature of those games, but this isn't true of the older games. In RD, he has real, dire reasons for being as he is. It isn't just a career ender, if he didn't get away quickly after someone discovered his Brand in RD, he'd probably be tortured in several ways before being lynched.

However, sadly, FEH isn't above philanderizing characters, Tharja getting a "massage, bath, or... (sex)" line in one of her Seasonal quotes in Japanese, when her Awakening Nowi DLC convo had her wanting to hex some men for looking at her breasts or something, is a case of this.

And I think I'm something of the same way with Soren. I will continually deny that we can know whether he is gay for Ike or not, and this is a rather serious matter, like Zelgius, as well. Although I do leave the door more open on Ranulf.

I think it should be BK rather than Zelgius. Gotta be sun-smart y'know.

It solves the brand issue as well - it's only problematic if you can see both the face and the brand at the same time after all.

Edited by Humanoid

1 hour ago, Oz ♠ said:

Not sure if this is supposed to be ironic or not, but it answers itself. You've also stated on a few ocassions you're a player that puts money in consistently.

Did not see the F2P part. In that case, it depends on how the player views the game and what they want. In an economic sense, aiming to stay in Tier 20 will definitely pay you back, although over a really long period of time. It is sort of like saving for retirement, as you will not see much difference until a decade later. A player staying in Tier 20 means that they are able to earn 26,000 (52*500) more Feathers annually than a player who bounces between Tier 19 and Tier 20; they are also more likely to obtain other rewards with a highly merged Arena team, but I will just leave it at 26,000 Feathers to keep it simple.

For players who want to build their favorite characters, that extra 26,000 is not really going to do much for them since they can still earn enough Feathers bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20 to spend on their favorites and give them a viable build.

However, not all players care about building their favorite characters. Some players only care about earning the most amount of rewards as possible, so they invest in an armor or dragon team. As one of those players, but with a ton more access to resources, I went with a ranged pony team instead since they suit my play style more.

7 minutes ago, XRay said:

Did not see the F2P part. In that case, it depends on how the player views the game and what they want. In an economic sense, aiming to stay in Tier 20 will definitely pay you back, although over a really long period of time. It is sort of like saving for retirement, as you will not see much difference until a decade later. A player staying in Tier 20 means that they are able to earn 26,000 (52*500) more Feathers annually than a player who bounces between Tier 19 and Tier 20; they are also more likely to obtain other rewards with a highly merged Arena team, but I will just leave it at 26,000 Feathers to keep it simple.

For players who want to build their favorite characters, that extra 26,000 is not really going to do much for them since they can still earn enough Feathers bouncing between Tier 19 and Tier 20 to spend on their favorites and give them a viable build.

However, not all players care about building their favorite characters. Some players only care about earning the most amount of rewards as possible, so they invest in an armor or dragon team. As one of those players, but with a ton more access to resources, I went with a ranged pony team instead since they suit my play style more.

I was about to complain about how the game seldom allows you to feasibly pull through without Dragons and Armours, until I remembered your example of merged horse units (which I recall having less BST), and then it's partly my fault. Kind of sucks my "core" is about three rare/exclusive units (+2 Charlotte, non-merged Green Henry and +1 BK because I'm dumb). Haven't even been using Henry unless I deliberately give on staying T20 (which is a thing, actually). I likely don't even make T20 unless I put in my *4+10 Florina and +3 Female Robin, which aren't exactly my favourites.

2 minutes ago, Oz ♠ said:

I was about to complain about how the game seldom allows you to feasibly pull through without Dragons and Armours, until I remembered your example of merged horse units (which I recall having less BST), and then it's partly my fault. Kind of sucks my "core" is about three rare/exclusive units (+2 Charlotte, non-merged Green Henry and +1 BK because I'm dumb). Haven't even been using Henry unless I deliberately give on staying T20 (which is a thing, actually). I likely don't even make T20 unless I put in my *4+10 Florina and +3 Female Robin, which aren't exactly my favourites.

If a player just wants to play with their favorites, I think even bouncing between Tier 18 and Tier 19 is fine, especially for free players with a lot of favorites. The game is a lot more generous with Feathers now, so players do not have to stress themselves out over PvP content if that is something they do not like.

I decided to see what SF's much appreciated Kirokan was up to on their Kantopia blog, and besides being lost in swords swords swords and the Priam controversy, they did find these little Tellius Recollection sketches which they hadn't posted before.

I bring them up since I brought up Zelgius earlier, and if you look in the upper right of the second sketch page I've posted here...

Spoiler

DLtJjiA.png

Not bad Leanne, slimmer and more form fitting. Different from your usual. Just to comment on this first.

W1dT3B2.png

Hello Zelrad. Hello Zerius. Hello Jerlius. Hello "Zarth".

How old is this sketch? Was this made just for the Recollection? Or does it date from FE10?

57 minutes ago, XRay said:

If a player just wants to play with their favorites, I think even bouncing between Tier 18 and Tier 19 is fine, especially for free players with a lot of favorites. The game is a lot more generous with Feathers now, so players do not have to stress themselves out over PvP content if that is something they do not like.

They don't have to be favourites to simply enjoy variety. Bouncing between 19>20 still scores me a nice lime of feathers that something like T18>19, wouldn't. Sometimes I want to use a mage or a dancer, and it so turns out my two favourite mages are 5*-exclusive and so is my best dancer. :awesome:

I was thinking what kind of weapon would make Odin usable and the thing I came with was this:

Missiletainn/Odin's Grimoire: 14 Mt. Accelerates Special trigger (Cooldown count -1). 

Missiletainn/Odin's Grimoire (+Eff): 14 Mt. Hp+3. Accelerates Special trigger (Cooldown count -1). Boosts damage dealt by 50% of foe's Atk when Special triggers during combat. 

Basically it would be a Prf with Rend Heaven built-in. I think it would be extremely niche but it would make Odin pretty strong against units that tend to have big numbers like Effie and it would make him quite strong against units with Hone Atk/Atk Tactic buffs. 

Is it too OP? Or is it too weak?

Edited by Alexmender

34 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

I was thinking what kind of weapon would make Odin usable and the thing I came with was this:

Missiletainn/Odin's Grimoire: 14 Mt. Accelerates Special trigger (Cooldown count -1). 

Missiletainn/Odin's Grimoire (+Eff): 14 Mt. Hp+3. Accelerates Special trigger (Cooldown count -1). Boosts damage dealt by 50% of foe's Atk when Special triggers during combat. 

Basically it would be a Prf with Rend Heaven built-in. I think it would be extremely niche but it would make Odin pretty strong against units that tend to have big numbers like Effie and it would make him quite strong against units with Hone Atk/Atk Tactic buffs. 

Is it too OP? Or is it too weak?

It strikes me as a little strong off the top of my head, it’s basically the enemy’s Dragon Fang on top of whatever special he’s actually running.

That said, I’m not 100% sure. I can get back to you sometime tomorrow with more if you’d like.

Where’d the random +3 HP come from, out of curiosity?

Edit: That sort of weapon feels like it’d be fun for Noontime/CC/Guard/QR.

Edited by LordFrigid

12 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

It strikes me as a little strong off the top of my head, it’s basically the enemy’s Dragon Fang on top of whatever special he’s actually running.

That said, I’m not 100% sure. I can get back to you sometime tomorrow with more if you’d like.

Where’d the random +3 HP come from, out of curiosity?

Edit: That sort of weapon feels like it’d be fun for Noontime/CC/Guard/QR.

Well, it could always be toned down to 30% but with Odin's stats maybe 50% wouldn't be that OP? It's a bit hard to tell without any basis. 

Sure! I'd like to know how strong a weapon like that would be, even if it's just theorical speculation. 

The 3 Hp is the one a unit gets when they get special refines on their weapons. It must look a bit odd in the description now that I think about it.

1 minute ago, Alexmender said:

The 3 Hp is the one a unit gets when they get special refines on their weapons. It must look a bit odd in the description now that I think about it.

Tomes don’t get the +3 HP, only melee weapons do. 

4 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

Only melee weapons get that, iirc. Oof, ninja’d.

I’ll see what I can throw together tomorrow afternoon. I’m pretty curious myself...

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Tomes don’t get the +3 HP, only melee weapons do. 

I thought they did, but nope that's just +2 Hp for the generic refines. My bad. Then scratch the +3 Hp.

@AlexmenderIt's always hard to evaluate new weapons against blade tomes because of how much of an outlier they are in terms of power. I can't see anyone really using the unrefined version of the new tome over Blarblade+ though.

The refined version seems about right considering Odin is about 10 attack short of the "good" mages. It's worth on average about 20-30 damage per special proc, which assuming we stick with Moonbow has a charge time of 1. So it's worth 12.5 damage/hit on average. Not all that crazy given Blarblade+ only requires 3 non-tactics buffs to reach that level. Add 2.5 damage to simulate Moonbow proccing twice as often, and we get a nice round figure of 15. It ends up being about as strong as a Blarblade+ Odin with all four buffs.

Obviously this is a very crude approximation that involves Odin always attacking enemies that can't counter.

4 hours ago, Oz ♠ said:

Thing is, they're not exactly "extra" when they take a lot of time to eventually pay off. It's only an 1,2k feathers from T19>20. Arena Assasult definitely makes a better bridge from Top 50k to about Top 100 (maximum being 5k).

If you are +10'ing units that are your favorites and you already want to use then it is extra.

If you have units in mind that you like and have enough copies to +10 then you should make it a priority to get them done as soon as possible. Because as XRay said, even a core of the lowest BST units can keep you in Tier 20.

Edited by Hawk King

Can't wait for tomorrow. I have 70 Stamina Potion, 85 Duelist Crest, love Tempest Trials+, and I always need Orbs, Refining Stones and Sacred Coins.

Now I'll try to be good and save these orbs until the legendary arrive, I might only spend on the Blazing focus for Karla, Nino. I don't think that summer banner will be for me, and I think the Death blow focus will contain Delthea, Elincia, Reinhardt, Siegbert. Don't have any of them, but not a concern for me right now.