Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

So the Lunatic Arena quests reward is now 12 wins for 1 orb. Last time around it was 8 wins for 2 orbs. Before that it was 16 wins for 1 orb. Bit of a headscratcher, that one.

EDIT: The amount of duelling crests awarded are also reduced, and the stamina potion rewards were replaced with shards. Just, why?

Edited by Humanoid

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Hey guys, I made a Heroes lookup spreadsheet for myself, but I think you guys can have a look. There's no instructions how I chose to style this table, but I think it's easy to figure out. Let me know if something is missing.

Heroes lookup table

7 hours ago, Humanoid said:

So the Lunatic Arena quests reward is now 12 wins for 1 orb. Last time around it was 8 wins for 2 orbs. Before that it was 16 wins for 1 orb. Bit of a headscratcher, that one.

EDIT: The amount of duelling crests awarded are also reduced, and the stamina potion rewards were replaced with shards. Just, why?

Did any of the previous rounds of arena quests have two versions like this one? I only remember them having one for each difficulty level, but I could be wrong.

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

It's been 3. This one is 3 also.

I mean entire sets, not individual difficulty levels. This time around, there's Normal/Hard/Lunatic this week, then a second set of Normal/Hard/Lunatic next week. So counting it that way, it's 6 quest pages this time rather than the usual 3.

I cleared Lloyd infernal with armors! Took a few tries, but still so glad I pulled it off. One less armor quest to worry about.

Also got a deathless advanced streak in arena. ^^

16 minutes ago, Othin said:

I mean entire sets, not individual difficulty levels. This time around, there's Normal/Hard/Lunatic this week, then a second set of Normal/Hard/Lunatic next week. So counting it that way, it's 6 quest pages this time rather than the usual 3.

There were two weekly sets last time too, at least.

34 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I cleared Lloyd infernal with armors! Took a few tries, but still so glad I pulled it off. One less armor quest to worry about.

I forget how I cleared mine, now that you mentioned it. Now in the process of replicating the feat (Zephiel, BK, Effie, OG Hector).

Just now, Karimlan said:

I forget how I cleared mine, now that you mentioned it. Now in the process of replicating the feat (Zephiel, BK, Effie, OG Hector).

Heh. I used BK, Christmas Robin, Zombie Jakob, and Count Henry.

9 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Do you actually use stamina potions these days outside of Tempest Trials days?

Edited by Troykv

6 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I am this weirdo who actually trains people at the training tower. I use potions there every now and then.

35 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I've been dumping them into auto-battling CC 1+2 Normal for Hero Merit.

3 hours ago, Othin said:

Oh, sorry. Had a rough night because my overnight person called in and had to fill in on top of an 8 am dentist appointment. After I posted that response, I literally crashed into dreamland.

2 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Oh, sorry. Had a rough night because my overnight person called in and had to fill in on top of an 8 am dentist appointment. After I posted that response, I literally crashed into dreamland.

No worries. I was expecting that someone would end up reading it that way, anyway, because the multiple levels of division make it a tricky subject to speak clearly about.

23 hours ago, Venmi said:

One slight problem (and I say this as a major Zelgius fan)- he would probably never appear in public without a shirt, since it would give away his brand.  The whole reason he had his shirt off in that scene was to ask Sephiran if he could remove the brand.  So I don't think Sephiran would order him to appear in a public without a shirt, and he'd probably try to find a way out (without disobeying orders) if Sanaki ordered it.  Considering how careful Sephiran mentions he is about hiding it, he'd probably consider it a career ender to be seen without a shirt.

Anyway...  I'd be happy to see Tellius seasonals, as long as they aren't Zelgius in a situation he would probably never put himself in or the controversy that Sanaki caused.  And I like the look of Zelgius without a shirt, but throwing him on the beach without one for no good reason is terrible characterization on IS's part.

(Some of this is probably head cannon I've built up over the years)

I don’t it’s a problem if people see his brand on the beach. He is in another world where discrimination against the Branded, so if anything he would finally feel relieved for not having to hide the brand. I really hope he gets a summer alt.

4 hours ago, Troykv said:

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

I am this weirdo who actually trains people at the training tower. I use potions there every now and then.

Getting from level 1 to level 40 takes almost a full stamina bar in the training maps, so it costs a stamina potion to train each additional character (or each additional rarity for a character).

There's also the fact that I'm super behind on story maps since I've only been doing the ones necessary to get quests done, and I'm finally going back and doing all the ones that I skipped.

I finished building me a Xander today! Gave him a merge too.

cpi8JLa.png

If Steady Stance ever got more sources, I could make him a sort of red DC version of my Frederick. :P But I think this build works well right now.

To think, though, a year ago I refused to ever get/touch this guy because I hated him (and I still find his treatment in Birthright very cringeworthy). Bunny Xander and Warriors changed all that though! I like him a good bit now. It's not often I change my opinion on something so drastically like this either. Xander here is a rare case for me, yup.

Edited by Anacybele

@Anacybele, the main problem Xander faces is that there’s what could be considered “2 Xanders” in Fates. On one hand, you find Supports Xander, that is an interesting and likeable character. On the other hand you can find Story Xander, who is, well...one of the worst characters I’ve seen. 

I couldn’t understand why so many people disliked Xander (I like him as a character excluding Story Xander) until I realized about the “2 Xanders”

There’s a video on YT called The Two Xanders of Fates is I remember correctly which explains it better than me, though

10 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

@Anacybele, the main problem Xander faces is that there’s what could be considered “2 Xanders” in Fates. On one hand, you find Supports Xander, that is an interesting and likeable character. On the other hand you can find Story Xander, who is, well...one of the worst characters I’ve seen. 

I couldn’t understand why so many people disliked Xander (I like him as a character excluding Story Xander) until I realized about the “2 Xanders”

There’s a video on YT called The Two Xanders of Fates is I remember correctly which explains it better than me, though

Yeah, I've heard all this and can definitely see where people got the idea.

25 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

You could probably say the same thing about most of the royals in those games. The antagonist royals versus the protagonist royals tend to feel pretty different, especially the older brothers. As antagonists both come off as...kind of extreme. I played Conquest first, and after having Ryoma spend most of the game making me feel like trash, I found it hard to trust him in Birthright. I can see how others would feel the same about Xander since he basically does the exact same thing. Oddly enough, I ended up liking Ryoma more as an antagonist in the end. lol But it's still kind of stupid how both of them suddenly throw all rational thought out of the window once Corrin leaves. 

@Alexmender Alright...I got around to looking at your Odin's Grimoire concept a little more. It's actually pretty good, I think. Maybe a little crazy on Reds, but his low Atk mitigates the insanity of enemy-Dragon-Fang-damage somewhat. He can Moonbow it up, but his offense performance is still held back by his decent-but-not-great Spd, and he obviously can't do that forever on defense.

I actually like the Noontime/CC thing, because it bypasses Distant Def, allows him to more easily stack combat buffs, and lets him do funny stuff like:

Spoiler

Pv1UXVH.png

Return of Nosfera-tank Odin confirmed.

Anyway, you can check it out for yourself if you'd like. Just check the box that says "Theorycrafter's Corner (enables pre-created customized skills)" in the first menu column, and it'll appear in his weapon list. I used Odin's Grimoire (Eff), Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Attack/Def +2 seal myself.

Edited by LordFrigid

Book 2 chapters 9 & 10 CC with Lene is a walking reminder of how annoying it is to deal with refresher units on the enemy team. By the time your units reach the map(s) where she's fielded, it's likely that your units are injured and slight mistake in positioning can result in multiple deaths on your team. The longer she is on the map, the more frustration she causes as the enemies advance towards your team. I would say this CC is up there with Book 1 chapters 11 & 12 CC. That one was a nightmare with the later maps having turn limits. 

Book 2 chapter 9+10 CC really is awful, and it's all because of Leen. It's entirely her fault. Chapter 5 is especially bad. Thankfully, it is possible to get things down to a science in the earlier 4 chapters to avoid losing anyone. I only succeeded in outsmarting Leen when I brought a dancer of my own. Fight dancer with dancer, or something.