Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Honestly I think book 2 chapter 9/10 lunatic chain challenge might be even worse than book 1's 11/12 because of Lene and its reinforcement maps being especially annoying. 11/12's turn limits are a pain, but we were dealing with it before we had access to some of the newer stronger units and combinations while 9/10 is difficult despite that. I will admit I spent a lot more time trying to figure out 11/12, but that was before I had some of my real powerhouses (like my flier team); I went back and retried it recently and had zero problems with no preparation while at the same time I was struggling through 9/10.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I still think B1 11/12 is worse because the BS maps there are later on, so it takes longer and is more difficult to experiment and perfect strategies.

5 hours ago, Water Mage said:

I don’t it’s a problem if people see his brand on the beach. He is in another world where discrimination against the Branded, so if anything he would finally feel relieved for not having to hide the brand. I really hope he gets a summer alt.

Well...  I think you meant without discrimination against the Branded, but I still think he wouldn't be eager to show it off.  What if someone went back to Tellius and told someone?  I wouldn't be surprised if IS would give him a shirtless summer alt anyway, but if he has any hope of returning to Tellius, I don't think he'd show off his brand at all.  Considering he feels it's a curse, even if most people wouldn't discriminate against him, I still don't think he'd want anyone to know.  He's lost (and fears to lose) a lot due to the brand, so I doubt he'd be too eager to trust anyone with that knowledge.  Since the only cannon conversation is the one with Sephiran where he clearly has a lot to lose, we don't know much for sure.

(Anyway, probably influenced by my head cannon that has him surviving the battle against Ike and eventually working for Micaiah, so he wouldn't want anyone to know about his brand who might return to Tellius.  My head cannon has him, even around people who know, still hiding it because it's the most comfortable for him.  Hence, Hawaiin shirt, as someone mentioned earlier, would work.  Shirtless, I think would go against his character.  But I don't have definite support from the game for a lot of this, just my impressions.)

Edited by Venmi

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@Alexmender Alright...I got around to looking at your Odin's Grimoire concept a little more. It's actually pretty good, I think. Maybe a little crazy on Reds, but his low Atk mitigates the insanity of enemy-Dragon-Fang-damage somewhat. He can Moonbow it up, but his offense performance is still held back by his decent-but-not-great Spd, and he obviously can't do that forever on defense.

I actually like the Noontime/CC thing, because it bypasses Distant Def, allows him to more easily stack combat buffs, and lets him do funny stuff like:

Reveal hidden contents

Pv1UXVH.png

Return of Nosfera-tank Odin confirmed.

Anyway, you can check it out for yourself if you'd like. Just check the box that says "Theorycrafter's Corner (enables pre-created customized skills)" in the first menu column, and it'll appear in his weapon list. I used Odin's Grimoire (Eff), Close Counter, Quick Riposte 3, Attack/Def +2 seal myself.

Thanks! 

It looks like Odin's Grimoire can be a bit too much if Odin has the Life and Death/Lancebreaker/Quickened Pulse/Moonbow combo and he's the one that initiates combat but that's basically a one-hit wonder as his damage would lower dramatically after the first hit which would render him useless if there's no other unit that he can safely engage.

On defense it looks a bit weaker but much more consistent while also opening stuff like your Noontime/CC build which makes him quite the tank. 

Odin's Grimoire as I originally imagined seems to be like having a 1 CD Glacies/Ignis coming from a base of 30~40 Res/Def respectively which can be considered OP if it weren't for Odin's pathetic Atk which heavily limits it's output.

Hmm... If it was 30% like an enemy Draconic Aura it could work, instead of having a 1 CD Glacies/Ignis it would be like having a 1 CD Iceberg/Bonfire which seems a bit more balanced but still pretty strong, but then again we're talking about Odin here and he seriously needs a huge boost to become more viable. This is kinda hard, haha.

Frederick is wearing a short-sleeve hoodie though, not really a Hawaiian shirt. xP

Heck, it isn't even a shirt at all because it's open to show off those sexy abs.

Edited by Anacybele

33 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Frederick is wearing a short-sleeve hoodie though, not really a Hawaiian shirt. xP

Heck, it isn't even a shirt at all because it's open to show off those sexy abs.

That's why the same type of thing would work for Zel, his brand is on his back so they could go all out on the abs but keep his brand covered:)

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

This gives me more motivation to starve myself for the next three weeks to get back my abs.  

1 hour ago, EricaofRenais said:

That's why the same type of thing would work for Zel, his brand is on his back so they could go all out on the abs but keep his brand covered:)

Yeah, that would work for Zelgius if he wanted to keep his brand covered.

Micaiah isn't so lucky though, her brand is on her hand, so she can't cover it with any swimwear!

I still hope for Ike and Elincia in one of these next summer banners! Ike needs to show off his abs too, we only ever see his biceps, and then I can have a sort of muscle emblem with him, legend Ike, and Summer Freddy. :P (could also throw in Hawkeye for a fourth, but he's kinda meh to me)

Edited by Anacybele

Micaiah isn't so lucky though, her brand is on her hand, so she can't cover it with any swimwear!

I still hope for Ike and Elincia in one of these next summer banners! Ike needs to show off his abs too, we only ever see his biceps, and then I can have a sort of muscle emblem with him, legend Ike, and Summer Freddy. :P (could also throw in Hawkeye for a fourth, but he's kinda meh to me)

Maybe they could put Micaiah in a bikini and have her with henna paintings to camoflauge its presence? Basically, we the fans know what it is, but those in game would think it was just another temp tattoo? And since I have the day off tomorrow, I'm totally drawing Summer!Zelgius XD

I don't think it would be that bad, but it would be weird have someone using gloves all the time xD

(Example)

Micaiah bikini by Yukia.jpg

Edited by Troykv

16 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Maybe they could put Micaiah in a bikini and have her with henna paintings to camoflauge its presence? Basically, we the fans know what it is, but those in game would think it was just another temp tattoo? And since I have the day off tomorrow, I'm totally drawing Summer!Zelgius XD

Maybe, but I dunno how good that would look.

Heh, I was going to draw Summer Ike myself last year, until I changed the idea to Christmas Ike after I heard about Japan's weird KFC Christmas tradition. :P My idea for Summer Ike had him wielding a giant chicken drumstick as his weapon. Now my version of Christmas Ike has it instead! XD

I’m happy about something. I know have the highest amount of orbs I have ever had. 64 orbs in total. These are all going towards the legendary banner, since a lot of units that I want might be on that banner. There is a side of me that wants to go for the Bridal banner for Ninian. But I won’t know what is on the new banner till the reveal trailer, and that is happening after it ends. What do I do?

6 hours ago, silverserpent said:

@Venmi I made the suggestion of a Hawaiian shirt because someone brought up Zel's Brand. If Freddy can pull it off, Zel can too. 

And I'm seriously tempted to draw a grumpy Zel being bullied into trunks by Sephiran, Micaiah and Sanaki...is this wrong?

Yep, Hawaiian shirt would work.  I'm good with that!  Even open in the front, like @Anacybele  and @EricaofRenais discussed.

I actually hadn't thought about Micaiah's brand...  Which is silly, because hers features much more prominently in the story.  Maybe I just don't see her in a swimsuit/bikini at all.  As long as something is done to hide the brand, I'm good with it.  Have to take care of the poor Tellius characters!  (And poor Soren has no good way to hide his in general...)

12 minutes ago, Venmi said:

Yep, Hawaiian shirt would work.  I'm good with that!  Even open in the front, like @Anacybele  and @EricaofRenais discussed.

I actually hadn't thought about Micaiah's brand...  Which is silly, because hers features much more prominently in the story.  Maybe I just don't see her in a swimsuit/bikini at all.  As long as something is done to hide the brand, I'm good with it.  Have to take care of the poor Tellius characters!  (And poor Soren has no good way to hide his in general...)

Give him a wide-brimmed hat as he sulks in the shade ?

7 hours ago, silverserpent said:

@Venmi I made the suggestion of a Hawaiian shirt because someone brought up Zel's Brand. If Freddy can pull it off, Zel can too. 

And I'm seriously tempted to draw a grumpy Zel being bullied into trunks by Sephiran, Micaiah and Sanaki...is this wrong?

This is known as being human, not wrong ;) xD 

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I’m happy about something. I know have the highest amount of orbs I have ever had. 64 orbs in total. These are all going towards the legendary banner, since a lot of units that I want might be on that banner. There is a side of me that wants to go for the Bridal banner for Ninian. But I won’t know what is on the new banner till the reveal trailer, and that is happening after it ends. What do I do?

Prioritise what you want/need in the barracks. In my case i felt a second flier dancer is just really good utility, and the fact that Ninian is ranged helped in certain situations like my Raven vs Linus infernal clear (NY!Azura isn’t ranged so she can’t initiate the left swordie like Ninian can). That was so useful so i went ahead and summoned for her in my main account.

if you are still on the fence, ask yourself if you want to wait for Ninian in a legendary banner where you can get pitybroke by Ephraim/Fjorm and another blue, or summon now while she is the sole blue focus (but can be pitybroken by any blue).

it’s unfortunate we won’t know the legendary hero trailer until much later though but you can sense patterns if you want certain units. There is a good chance Grima, Myrrh or Winter Lissa will be there for example so if you need them wait for them. Althogh i guess prioritise the seasonals- like Winter Lissa, since Grima or Myrrh is always available

1 hour ago, Venmi said:

Well Corrin is the child of a brainless floating eyeball dragon who is to blame for all of Fates, and yet nobody on the beach hates them and they're not afraid to have fun in the sun. I'm sure if everyone knew Soren was Ashy's kid they wouldn't dislike him anymore than they presently do if at all. Heck Ashy kinda messed him up too, although if Ashy had raised Soren and not chucked him away, he might have been even more messed up now that I think about. Can you imagine what kind of parent Ashnard would be?

You also have to consider that the Branded exist in no world but Tellius, so none of everyone else has been bred with the Branded taboo lie. Therefore there should be no stigma. Even within Tellius, hate for the Branded is not biologicaly innate, Nailah says the Branded live side by side with Beorc and Laguz in Hatari without any issues.

Micaiah has things even better, her Brandedness originates from the union of a heroine of yore and her husband the highest servant of one-two goddesses. It even gives her all her wonderful powers. Who could possibly hate her for this?

1 hour ago, Poimagic said:

I say you keep a laser focus on that legendary banner unless you've got a fat pity rate to break. Personally, if I wanted to snipe for Bride Ninian, I wouldn't do it with any less than 200 orbs, or I'd be setting myself up for disappointment. You're half as likely to get pity broken on a normal banner. And the odds are slightly higher since you might pull a 5 star Chrom or something on a pull that features no blues to pull. That's soul crushing. LB "pity breakers" are something you can anticipate. And the increased 5 star rate are more bang for your orbs. They're also always incredible, rare units.

I'm gunning for the LB for sure. 187 orbs at the time of this writing (I think the most I've ever held is 221?). Hoping they'll have all three of the remaining Winter/New Years roster since I'm missing all of them and want Red Tome Valor especially. And if they dip into the Love Abounds banner instead that's probably fine since the only one of those I snagged was Lilina.

11 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Is this a request? I'd totally do it XD

Yes!  We must honor the strongest FE7 character!  

I saw a vid on YouTube where the Konosuba characters are summonable in Fire Emblem Heroes, and another where they 'fight' Linus.  Linx below:

Summoning and battling with one of the best anime's main characters.

1 hour ago, Charmeleonbrah said:

Yes!  We must honor the strongest FE7 character!  

I saw a vid on YouTube where the Konosuba characters are summonable in Fire Emblem Heroes, and another where they 'fight' Linus.  Linx below:

Summoning and battling with one of the best anime's main characters.

Now...should I put Lucius in as well? Since I'm sure that's the only reason Raven would even go on a vacation to begin with.