Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Coloured bows were a mistake, and I don’t want to see them in the general pool ever.

The only non-seasonal characters that actually deserve being a colored bow (and aren't already one) are Jeorge (red), Takumi (green with Fujin Yumi, red with Skadi), and maybe a few other Sacaen archers (green with Mulagir). Maybe someone can argue Briggid or Faval as blue. I honestly can't see an argument for anyone else unless they're seasonal.

The biggest problem with colored bows is that they're basically just mages that target Def and don't have access to Litrblade. Which means they pretty much have all of the problems of mages and all of the problems of bows and not many of the benefits of either.

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

Decided to reshuffle five times just to see who popped up, not counting the first one because it was literally PA!Azura on the left and HNY!Azura on the right...

1. Beruka wearing Ursula's Valkyrie clothing
  2. Nowi wearing Caeda's Pegasus Knight armor.
  3. Gordin wearing Gwendolyn's Knight armor.
  4. Minerva wearing BB!Cordelia's wedding dress, fulfilling the needs of... whoever likes Minerva?
  5. Lyn in Draug's armor.

Well... I can't draw for crap. I'll try, but I guarantee it won't be pretty.

My first roll last night was Linde as Dorcas. And I full well plan on following through with this... once I finish Jeanne D'Arc Alter Santa Lily in Lu Bu's armor.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On the clothing swap art topic...I’ve been meaning to get back into drawing, so I gave it a shot.

Spoiler

zu8UY4G.jpg

Hopefully that looks at least a little like Ayra in Celica’s getup. I started too large, and a little too high and to the right on the page...and I may or may not have used Ayra’s actual artwork as a reference/crutch because I’ve always had issues with faces.

8 hours ago, Alexmender said:

RIP Dazzling Staff fodder. I gave a Wind Blessing to the wrong Bride Lyn when I wasn't paying attention so I had no other choice but to merge them. At least the good Lyn is +Spd so she went up to 38 at base which means only crazy swords and Bold Fighter will double her.

Ouch. But why did you merge?

Dazzling Staff > Blessing

@swapping clothes topic: I wish I could draw. 

i dont see the problem with colored bows. They are very underwhelming. Dealing with them is in my opinion alot easier then with colorless bows.

Saizo doesnt care if he goes up against BLyn or LLyn, he destroys both. Same goes for spring camilla and boey. 

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

@mampfoid did you see the third Linus x Oliver photoshop I pinged you at for?

You mean this? : 

16 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

@mampfoid here's another one https://imgur.com/a/WmlGVAK

Yeah, I saw that yesterday, but was on the road. It reminds me of my short-time avatar, where I tried a mix of Sigurd and Roy: 

gHo8WuB.png

I think it was creeping people out. Here the full history: 

https://imgur.com/a/BXf7g

6 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The biggest problem with colored bows is that they're basically just mages that target Def and don't have access to Litrblade. Which means they pretty much have all of the problems of mages and all of the problems of bows and not many of the benefits of either.

So in other words, you're saying they're like most FEs? IS just wants to keep the greater Archer tradition alive. You should be praising them for their adherence to tradition.

Also, just thought of an idea for sketching, and actual team making once they all get into the game: Banged Up Heroes (you can come up with a better name). Basilio, Ranulf, Cecilia, and Seth (and or Leila- but she dies). What do they have in common? Getting ripped apart in a scripted battle sequence in their respective games. They would be side by side trying to cheer each other up through all the residual pain, showing their scars from their ill-fated encounters, and maybe if ya want you can have them all covered in bandages.

24 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@silveraura25 I think you joined some months before me. 

I did join in April, but that was for giving my thoughts on the leaked Echoes rom. I became an active member around September

26 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

I did join in April, but that was for giving my thoughts on the leaked Echoes rom. I became an active member around September

Ah ok, I joined in June but lurked already some weeks before. 

Edited by mampfoid

7 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Ouch. But why did you merge?

Dazzling Staff > Blessing

@swapping clothes topic: I wish I could draw. 

While I don't have hoarding problems I always hate to see any kind of limited resource go to waste. Also that Lyn has been gathering dust since her release banner because I wasn't going to give Dazzling Staff to anyone but Elise (although it's very hard these days to set some orbs apart for her and Priscilla does just fine with Dazzling Pain+). 

It's not that big of a deal, thanks to how refine works if I get a stray Genny one day then I'll be able to achieve the same Dazzling+Wrathful effect.

8 minutes ago, Alexmender said:

While I don't have hoarding problems I always hate to see any kind of limited resource go to waste. Also that Lyn has been gathering dust since her release banner because I wasn't going to give Dazzling Staff to anyone but Elise (although it's very hard these days to set some orbs apart for her and Priscilla does just fine with Dazzling Pain+). 

It's not that big of a deal, thanks to how refine works if I get a stray Genny one day then I'll be able to achieve the same Dazzling+Wrathful effect.

Even better, with the new LtS seal, you can use that on top of WrazzleDazzle so you don't have to worry too much about damage.

...screw hands, ya feel me?

It's already bad enough that I'm doing this clothing swap thing for realsies and now I'm too far in to just back out, despite how bad to mediocre I am, but SCREW HANDS.

I'm doing Beruka in Ursula's clothing for now, then I'm bunkering down on how to draw the hand poses I need for, at minimum, Gordin as Gwendolyn... that, or finding out how to hide hands in every other one I do.

31 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

It's already bad enough that I'm doing this clothing swap thing for realsies and now I'm too far in to just back out, despite how bad to mediocre I am, but SCREW HANDS.

I'm doing Beruka in Ursula's clothing for now, then I'm bunkering down on how to draw the hand poses I need for, at minimum, Gordin as Gwendolyn... that, or finding out how to hide hands in every other one I do.

Hands and feet are the worst. For hands, i usually try to use my own as model while slimming or thickening as necessary. Feet? Umm...just draw it so the legs go past the page? ^^ I find that a convenient cop out.

44 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Take a photo of your own hands and trace it. Tracing is one of the best ways to practice getting shapes and proportions right so long as you're paying attention to those things and not just on autopilot.

11 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Hands and feet are the worst. For hands, i usually try to use my own as model while slimming or thickening as necessary. Feet? Umm...just draw it so the legs go past the page? ^^ I find that a convenient cop out.

Paper is generally not long enough for me to fit anything below the knee (often not even the knees themselves), which is my usual excuse. I normally have to tape multiple sheets together if I actually want to draw the full height.

33 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Paper is generally not long enough for me to fit anything below the knee (often not even the knees themselves), which is my usual excuse. I normally have to tape multiple sheets together if I actually want to draw the full height.

Which formar do you usually use? Instead of multiple sheets, you could try DIN A3. Is the one that I use when I want to make bigger drawings than usual.

Also, who would like to be tagged when I finish the drawing to see it?

Edited by Javi Blizz

19 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Which formar do you usually use? Instead of multiple sheets, you could try DIN A3. Is the one that I use when I want to make bigger drawings than usual.

I only have letter-size paper available to me. The main thing is the size that I prefer to draw my people at (in order to get sufficient detail in the eyes and hair) puts their full height (usually 18 to 20 inches) just short of two sheets of letter (22 inches). Hence, taping two sheets of paper together makes sense.

19 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Also, who would like to be tagged when I finish the drawing to see it?

Drawings are nice.

Edited by Ice Dragon

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Cool, I approve; what nature is yours?

That's great, let me know what you think!

I've not been as active here as I would like.  Work has been crazy busy.

She's +Atk/-Hp, I'm considering switching to +Spd/-Hp but I think she needs the extra atk more.

And will do!