Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

3 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Flashing Blade would be one of my most wanted skills, if it wasn't restricted to infantry and armors. 

My thoughts exactly. I keep thinking it is a good skill and then bam. Unusable. Very annoying. Then again it does proc off the better stat compared to Heavy Blade. There is already a strong speed focus to double so maybe they thought it being as freely available as Heavy Blade would be too much speed power.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

6 hours ago, Anacybele said:

My point was that he's a green unit with Luna, the only one, and 3-4 star units have been used on skill banners before.

He’s one of three greens with Luna (Brave Mercenary Ike and Linus being the other two), not the only one.

Just now, Tybrosion said:

He’s one of three greens with Luna (Brave Mercenary Ike and Linus being the other two), not the only one.

Yeah, but Ike's main special is Aether. Luna just helps him get it. And Linus isn't in the pool. I was referring to the pool.

13 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, but Ike's main special is Aether. Luna just helps him get it. And Linus isn't in the pool. I was referring to the pool.

That is true, but BH!Ike still has Luna all the same and thus could’ve been considered for this banner. As for Linus, I know he’s a GHB and therefore not relevant for any banner but I felt the need to mention him anyways since he is a green with Luna in his kit.

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

That is true, but BH!Ike still has Luna all the same and thus could’ve been considered for this banner. As for Linus, I know he’s a GHB and therefore not relevant for any banner but I felt the need to mention him anyways since he is a green with Luna in his kit.

Okay, fair enough then.

Uhh, wow, I kind of wish I hadn't looked two pages back.

Regardless, I'm really happy that they're putting 5-star exclusive units on these various "units with ____" skill banners. I could get a silly 3, 4-star unit any time, especially when I don't want them, but one would have to be truly lucky to be pity broken by a rare 5-star exclusive. It's like the "Heroes with death blow" banner that just expired. No one's pulling for death blow, unless they're super desperate/insane or really hate the unit they got. They're pulling because it's a banner that gives a good chance to give Siegbert, sword Reinhardt, and/or Delthea. Likewise, people are pulling on this banner not because of luna, but because these are three rare heroes who happen to have luna in their kits.

Heroes with distant defense someday, please. Celica, Rhajat, and Micaiah form a perfect color balance. And I actually need more distant defense, and a Rhajat in general.

A chill stats banner would be cool, although aren't half of them currently seasonal? If we're not including those, we'd have basically ...

Exalt Chrom and Fallen Celica.

I think.

2 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

A chill stats banner would be cool, although aren't half of them currently seasonal? If we're not including those, we'd have basically ...

Exalt Chrom and Fallen Celica.

I think.

Yep, the other Chill [x] skills are on Spring Catria and Bridal Ninian (and Gunnthra if you count Chilling Seal).

Yeah, I wouldn't count chilling seal since it has slightly different mechanics than the generic chill skills, but unless they release those chill skills on someone who's not seasonal, or they're willing to put seasonal units on these things, a possible chill banner doesn't seem likely at this point.

I hope they do bring back seasonal units on these "units with ____ skill" banners.

53 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I suppose that's technically true, but Mia is one of my least favorite characters in the series. I also can't stand her voice in this game. I'm willing to use some characters I don't like (I use two versions of Lyn as well as Nino, for instance. Hell, I even built up Lucina because she had great IVs), but not my LEAST favorites (which only include a few characters).

Yeah, her voice makes me cringe sometimes. 

45 minutes ago, Usana said:

My thoughts exactly. I keep thinking it is a good skill and then bam. Unusable. Very annoying. Then again it does proc off the better stat compared to Heavy Blade. There is already a strong speed focus to double so maybe they thought it being as freely available as Heavy Blade would be too much speed power.

The restriction to infantry and armor seems very random, especially since Heavy Blade is nearly the same skill. If they wanted to boost infantry, they could have made a totally new A-Skill that is Infantry/Armor only and bring Flashing Blade later without a movement type restriction. 

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I hope they do bring back seasonal units on these "units with ____ skill" banners.

This would be nice! Would give characters like Summer Freddy the chance to NOT share his color for a change. Though in his case, he can only appear on a banner for Ardent Sacrifice or Armored Blow, because he's the only character with Seal Atk/Spd, I think.

1 hour ago, Anacybele said:

I also can't stand her voice in this game.

While I rarely agree with your reasons for doing/liking things, I totally understand this. I absolutely hate Mia's voice in Heroes even though I like her in PoR. She sounds like she has a disability that affects her speech...

Still, I would never fodder her for Vantage, but I am an extremely patient person.

As for this banner,  I got my 7th Leo on my free pull. Four more and I will have a +10 Leo with the perfect +Def/-Spd nature.

8 hours ago, Anacybele said:

HOW THE HELL IS FREDERICK NOT ON THIS BANNER? HE'S THE LONE GREEN UNIT WITH LUNA AND YET IS PUTS TWO REDS AND A COLORLESS ON THIS?

They have been reducing the number of non-5-star-exclusive characters on "Heroes with" banners recently. It brings in more revenue and it serves as a good way to let players have another chance at getting rare characters after their release banners (to supplement Legendary Hero banners) since the 5-star-exclusive pool is getting pretty big.

Of the ten such banners this year (I'm not counting Heroes with Falchion because it's effectively a "New Power" banner), only two have had a non-5-star-exclusive character on it (non-5-star-exclusives in bold):

• Weapon Triangle (May 22-June 6): Hinata, Azura, Titania, Cecilia
  • Heroes with Vantage (June 12-26): Lon'qu, Reinhardt, Gordin
  • Heroes with Fury (June 24-July 10): Eldigan, Jagen, Bartre
  • Heroes with Hone Atk (July 10-24): Sanaki, Corrin (F), Nino
  • Cavalry (July 20-Aug 5): Eldigan, Olwen, Titania
  • Heroes with Quick Riposte (July 24-Aug 4): Leo, Subaki, Klein
  • Heroes with Life and Death (Aug 4-18): Hana, Minerva, Jaffar
  • Heroes with Blade Skills (Aug 18-Sept 4): Tharja, Odin, Nino
  • Heroes with Threaten Def (Sept 4-18): Ephraim, Peri, Raven
  • Heroes with Death Blow (Sept 18-Oct 3): Effie, Hawkeye, Klein
  • Heroes with Threaten Spd (Oct 3-24): Shanna, Takumi, Jaffar
  • Flier Boost Skills (Oct 24-Nov 8): Caeda, Hinoka, Minerva
  • Heroes with Death Blow (Nov 8-23): Elincia, Delthea, Klein
  • Skills That Boost Special Damage (Nov 23-Dec 7): Karel, Nephenee, Sonya
  • Effective Against Cavalry (Jan 4-18): Gray, Mathilda, Rhajat
  • Movement Skills (Feb 7-20): Elincia, Tana, Amelia
  • Countering Skills (Mar 14-21): Ike, Hector, Takumi
  • Heroes with Miracle (Mar 28-Apr 7): Sigurd, Delthea, Mist
  • Cooldown Bonuses (Apr 7-22): Mia, Nephenee, Brave Ike
  • Heroes with Combat Boosts (Apr 22-May 4): Ayra, Sonya, Brave Lyn
  • Countering Weapon Skills (May 4-15): Ryoma, Nowi, Dorcas
  • Heroes with Stance Skills (May 27-June 9): Zelgius, Morgan (F), Shiro
  • Heroes with Death Blow (June 23-July 4): Siegbert, Reinhardt, Delthea

7 hours ago, Anacybele said:

Speaking of 4-5 star banners, I wonder why we haven't had one recently at all. So weird.

Agreed

Also yeah Mia is lame. I ended up with 3 of her from one of the Legendary banners, and biding my time til I figure out who would best use Flashing Blade

edit: @Ice DragonI kinda think any banner that has 3-4* units available as 5*s should also have those units appear at 4* Focus. Deathblow banner with Klein would then be a good chance to get a 5* Klein as well as a ton of DB fodder

Edited by Johann

8 minutes ago, Johann said:

Agreed

Probably still waiting for the dust to settle from the mass demotions despite the dust having already settled. Send them some feedback to have them bring them back.

I'm of the impression that Japanese companies have the response time to change of a trans-continental foot courier.

12 minutes ago, Johann said:

edit: @Ice DragonI kinda think any banner that has 3-4* units available as 5*s should also have those units appear at 4* Focus. Deathblow banner with Klein would then be a good chance to get a 5* Klein as well as a ton of DB fodder

I'd rather them just bring the 4-star focus banners back. The standard banners should keep including 5-star exclusives, even if my wallet won't let me pull from them.

23 minutes ago, Johann said:

I kinda think any banner that has 3-4* units available as 5*s should also have those units appear at 4* Focus. Deathblow banner with Klein would then be a good chance to get a 5* Klein as well as a ton of DB fodder

9 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd rather them just bring the 4-star focus banners back. The standard banners should keep including 5-star exclusives, even if my wallet won't let me pull from them.

But what about the possibility of such antics as getting a 5* Matthew randomly when you weren't even expecting to get a 5* at all, then seeing a Matthew on his banner and thinking "oh, that's neat, 4* Matthew I can give someone Hone Speed", then seeing gold stars and thinking "well shit" NO I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS GO WTF I NEVER EVEN HAD AN IDEAL NATURE MATTHEW IN MY BARRACKS IN THE PAST WHY @Zeo WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE THIS MATTHEW WHYYYYYY-

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But what about the possibility of such antics as getting a 5* Matthew randomly when you weren't even expecting to get a 5* at all, then seeing a Matthew on his banner and thinking "oh, that's neat, 4* Matthew I can give someone Hone Speed", then seeing gold stars and thinking "well shit" NO I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS GO WTF I NEVER EVEN HAD AN IDEAL NATURE MATTHEW IN MY BARRACKS IN THE PAST WHY @Zeo WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE THIS MATTHEW WHYYYYYY-

If i had him or Serra as a free summon at least it saved me feathers for the + versions of their skills

Rogue Dagger+ is pretty fun and Recover+ is one of the best heals in the game

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

But what about the possibility of such antics as getting a 5* Matthew randomly when you weren't even expecting it NO I'M NOT GONNA LET THIS GO WTF I NEVER EVEN HAD AN IDEAL NATURE MATTHEW IN MY BARRACKS WHY @Zeo WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE THIS MATTHEW WHYYYYYY-

On the bright side, that's a Rogue Dagger+ you don't have to spend 20,000 feathers for. If, you know, daggers are ever buffed to not be terrible (Firesweep needs to be made an infantry-dagger-exclusive B skill).

That's at least better than a lot of the early 5-star exclusives that are worth nothing beyond merge fodder.

I don't think I even have anyone besides Matthew to fodder the Rogue Dagger to though.

It'd be one thing if Felicia didn't ever get her new weapon, but then she did. And pretty much all the other Dagger users either CAN'T run any type of defensive build due to lack of a defensive stat, or don't really want to in the first place because there are now slightly offensive daggers to use. Jakob maybe, but lolno.

Saizo is the only other one I can think of, and Smoke Dagger feels just as defensive as Rogue Dagger.

Edited by Xenomata

18 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the bright side, that's a Rogue Dagger+ you don't have to spend 20,000 feathers for. If, you know, daggers are ever buffed to not be terrible (Firesweep needs to be made an infantry-dagger-exclusive B skill).

I mean, give daggers a brave option (maybe cut 1 MT vs. brave bows for the debuffing aspect) and they're instantly on bow level.

The main problem with daggers, currently, is that their stat distributions are at odds with their effects.

Kagero has an excellent 35/32 offensive spread, but offensive units want the fight to be quick and clean ORKOs, and daggers are built to not ORKO. (Barring the effective daggers, but that's why Kagero was the only half-decent dagger for a long time.)

In other words, Armored Jakob really wanted to be a dagger unit to fix the whole class. Rogue Dagger and the like are built for units like him. If you want to fight multiple combats then you need high def/res, if you want to fight multiple combats and win, then you need high def/res on top of a good base stat total. Daggers are ranged units which naturally lack raw stats.

16 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I'm usually pretty picky about my avatars and don't change them often, but I knew I had to make the swap as soon as I saw this one on reddit yesterday.  This guy's done a bunch of JoJo x FE stuff too, which is always nice. 

Haha, awesome (that's the one I linked in the spoiler tag)! Not that your old Avatar was bad though. 

Edited by mampfoid