Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That makes sense, yeah. Although putting Karla there was still weird as she doesn't fit the theme and didn't seem insanely popular either.

The best excuse I can come up with is that they needed waifu fodder and knew that another Lyn alt, especially coupled with a second alt, wouldn't fly at all. That, or they hoped people would think that she's Ayra.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

The best excuse I can come up with is that they needed waifu fodder and knew that another Lyn alt, especially coupled with a second alt, wouldn't fly at all. That, or they hoped people would think that she's Ayra.

She's also Bartre's wife and they can never have her. Karla will always dump you for Bartre XD

I know Flame Shuriken is usually associated with Saizo but it would be nice to get an inheritable adaptive damage dagger since they are usually pretty weak offensively. Maybe have it slightly weaker than Felicia’s playe since prfs have more might

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

She's also Bartre's wife and they can never have her. Karla will always dump you for Bartre XD

I recall overhearing on this very board I believe that in Fates/Grand Order, another gatcha, they made one married/betrothed Servant suffer a memory wipe or something purely for the sake making them romantically available for the player.

Severe memory repression is very possible in FE. Why I happen to be SF's biggest fan of a character who can at will seal the memories of others, since if they couldn't do that Ike would have been a mentally scarred forever child.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

True, but the unsuspecting people whose only FE title is Heroes itself wouldn't know that so they'd be none the wiser.

5 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I recall overhearing on this very board I believe that in Fates/Grand Order, another gatcha, they made one married/betrothed Servant suffer a memory wipe or something purely for the sake making them romantically available for the player.

Severe memory repression is very possible in FE. Why I happen to be SF's biggest fan of a character who can at will seal the memories of others, since if they couldn't do that Ike would have been a mentally scarred forever child.

Hopefully said unit will only use their mind wipe powers for good, and not for the sake of pandering to people who think they deserve other people's spouses, even fictional ones!

But yeeesh, that is really stupid.

1 hour ago, Sunwoo said:

That makes sense, yeah. Although putting Karla there was still weird as she doesn't fit the theme and didn't seem insanely popular either.

I think putting Karla here was because for the fact of fitting someone here...

The main focus of that update was the Black Fang; Linus and Legault were a given; Nino was probably added to give some additional strenght to the banner... but then... there is a problem... many of the popular choices they would add here would just create even more uncanny incomplete pairs (like using Louise without Pent).

Edited by Troykv

4 hours ago, eclipse said:

Eremiah could be a GHB staff user, though I don't know if anyone would care about her.

I would care! Completing the orphanage of death would have been awesome.

10 minutes ago, Troykv said:

I think putting Karla here was because for the fact of fitting someone here...

The main focus of that update was the Black Fang; Linus and Legault were a given; Nino was probably added to give some additional strenght to the banner... but then... there is a problem... many of the popular choices they would add here would just create even more uncanny incomplete pairs (like using Louise without Pent).

Flying Nino could've likely sold the banner without needing another popular female character alongside her. Canas could've been a proper banner unit instead of a tempest trial unit. Perhaps Rath, who's not unpopular either. Sure, he doesn't fit the theme, but neither does Karla. Or Louise or Pent.

Maybe just give us Lugh instead of making it purely FE7 since Raigh and Nino are both in the game already.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

Flying Nino could've likely sold the banner without needing another popular female character alongside her. Canas could've been a proper banner unit instead of a tempest trial unit. Perhaps Rath, who's not unpopular either. Sure, he doesn't fit the theme, but neither does Karla. Or Louise or Pent.

Maybe just give us Lugh instead of making it purely FE7 since Raigh and Nino are both in the game already.

Canas would be the proper unit sure... but... how many male-centred banners have we ever had?

And the Radiant Dawn Banner had the advantage of having two really popular males (well, three, but Ike is a Legendary Hero).

2 minutes ago, Troykv said:

And the Radiant Dawn Banner had the advantage of having two really popular males (well, three, but Ike is a Legendary Hero).

The Radiant Dawn banner had a popular Micaiah, a quite popular Sothe, and still added a nonsensical half-alt (their names are different hurr durr) for no reason other than fuck you.

5 minutes ago, Troykv said:

Canas would be the proper unit sure... but... how many male-centred banners have we ever had?

I think we've had a decent number of them. Just from immediate memory, the Heirs of Fate banner only had one girl (Soleil, and she was even demoted) and the one with the Awakening children had only one girl as well (f!Morgan).

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

The Radiant Dawn banner had a popular Micaiah, a quite popular Sothe, and still added a nonsensical half-alt (their names are different hurr durr) for no reason other than fuck you.

Zelgius really wasn't necessary to sell that banner, yeah. Enough people would've pulled for Micaiah at the very least. Another banner that didn't need an alt to sell was the Sacred Memories banner. Sure, Eirika is popular and well-known in Heroes, but L'Arachel and especially Myrrh are popular enough to sell the banner without her. The jury's still out on whether excluding Reinhardt and Olwen alts would've made the Thracia banner sell significantly worse or not, but that's neither here nor there.

I just got a very small update for the game. I'd guess it's to fix that description error on Summer Young Tiki's weapon, but I don't see a notification saying it was fixed. Weird.

Edited by Anacybele

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

they made one married/betrothed Servant suffer a memory wipe or something purely for the sake making them romantically available for the player.

That sounds questionable. Why not just summon a version of that servant that is further back in time when she was not romantically involved?

On 11/7/2018 at 1:22 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

And so is recreational swimsuits, good luck finding those before the 1800s, back then people would just go in nude.

It's a cartoon loosely based on modern standards. And this is why I hate when they use laws from the Middle Ages/Japan to justify their lolicon.

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You are horribly mis-remembering that quote.  It was mentioned that some players wanted the writers to make the servant suffer a mindwipe so they could waifu her, not that it was actually done.

@Ice Dragon I'm gonna move the whole armor tangent over here so we don't clog up the unit rating thread.

I spent 100 swords and never saw the oasis once, so I'm guessing the wiki is wrong about the rotation. That, or I have some really peculiar luck.

I'll add some comments about the images.

The first picture is when I realized I can't just go in with a well constructed team---because Reinhardt is 6 merges higher than he's supposed to be.

2, This is after Rein going DB1 and I swapped to Cordelia for arena points. Rein, Cordelia, and B!Lyn are all using level 1 A-slots to compensate for the fact that they're more merged than they're supposed to be.

3-4, Start of turn 1 and middle of turn 2 for this team---Bow Lyn auto-wins at this point.

5-8, Turn 1 identifies Amelia and Effie as the only threats---M!Grima wouldn't matter at all if it wasn't for the fact I had to pack Cordelia for Arena Score. This team isn't anything I'd bring to a serious run. Picture 7 sees Reinhardt exploding Effie for free, instantly dismantling the team.

9-11, Pretty trivial team, nothing to talk about. Picture 10 is just to show how far the team can advance in one turn to improve tactical level positioning---the more map you have behind you the more space you can give in maps where you can't just run circles.

12-13, Only threat is Amelia, she splits from Hector because she can't double Cordelia but can double Reinhardt, giving a free win.

14-18, Interesting-ish armored team, but this map is not friend to armors at all given that everyone starts split-up. A full tome spam armor team would clump together to break rocks and become fairly threatening, though, so good team construction would dictate that you bring a unit pair that covers all 3 tomes armors. (My team doesn't, but then, it's not actually a good team by my standards.)

19-20, Gwen, the only unit that matters, gets baited onto the bottom bridge, meaning the other 3 can't do anything.

21-22, Only threatening unit is Effie---no mobility on the other two means they can't cover her at all from being sniped.

23-24, No threatening units at all. (Technically M!Grima gives the team issues, but that's mostly because the team isn't anything close to something well constructed. Something like a blue & red offensive color pair wouldn't have any issues---I even brought Elincia originally for that, but she drops the team's score too low for them to get fair fights.)

I know it doesn't mean too much, since I'm in the tier before armors actually become consistent, and because my units are over-merged compared to what I'm facing, but this should be the experience of the average team facing armor emblem. You just crush the other team with mobility and the fact that, before +10, your units don't actually lose that much stats compared to armors because even on advanced it's your team with the merge advantage.

5 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Not exactly and i said that

That one is Tomoe Gozen and shes extremely straight loyal to husband in fgo but for some reason a notable deal of the fanbase want to wipe her memory with some saying her husband is a jerk anyway

Theres a simmilar one with EXTRA Nero and Tamamo who is "tied" to Hakuno and explicitly "friendzoned" FGO protags due to being the same incarnation of sorts as extra version.

This caused such a backlash that when Nasu(the creator of Fate) made Nero Bride, its specificially written that its a different version of Nero who never met Hakuno. Tamamo Summer later is also a specific one where its Tamamo who never met Hakuno. This is basically a less messy solution of doing the former in some ways

I'm not gonna lie ... a backlash caused by not being able to waifu a fictional character because she already has a spouse and bashing said spouse as a jerk with no basis reeks of entitlement and quite possibly psychological problems I am in no way qualified to discuss or even hypothesize about.

On the one hand, it's fictional characters and it's dumb. On the other hand, pandering to this kind of attitude normalizes it and I'm concerned this kind of normalization makes certain types of people think it's okay to be an entitled shit in real life, too, because nothing matters other than looking out for number one. Not even other people's feelings.

Seconding Takumi's weird, um, wobbliness. Fortunately the daily quests should just rotate between Noire and Cordelia so I should never have to see him again.

P.S. I kill guys all the time so I can marry their wives. Speaking as an avid CK2 player of course.

Why do blade tomes have to be so good? It feels boring to do so, but I couldn't help but slap it on my new summer fliers. Despite the power creep, my new Camilla and Tana would still be outperformed by Corrin and Nowi since I'd already given those two blade tomes.

Now all my mage fliers but Morgan have a blade tome, and it feels like putting the same weapon on all these units shouldn't be as effective as it is. Maybe I'm undervaluing some of the more unique effects, but even Nowi and Tana's movement tomes I haven't found to be very useful compared with just blowing things up.

9 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Why do blade tomes have to be so good? It feels boring to do so, but I couldn't help but slap it on my new summer fliers. Despite the power creep, my new Camilla and Tana would still be outperformed by Corrin and Nowi since I'd already given those two blade tomes.

Now all my mage fliers but Morgan have a blade tome, and it feels like putting the same weapon on all these units shouldn't be as effective as it is. Maybe I'm undervaluing some of the more unique effects, but even Nowi and Tana's movement tomes I haven't found to be very useful compared with just blowing things up.

not to mention its stupidly easy to get the fodders and it have good synergy with a lot of good skills too, even heavy blade. it' s just that stupidly good. 

4 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

not to mention its stupidly easy to get the fodders and it have good synergy with a lot of good skills too, even heavy blade. it' s just that stupidly good. 

It also helps that Hone Flier options aren't quite as limited as before. By having all of Hinoka, Nowi, Azura and now Camilla, that's 4 providers right there, so enough for multiple fully-capable flier buff teams in AA and such.