• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I should promote Michalis but I already have a good Beruka who is significantly cuter.

I realized I haven't promoted as many of the GHB units as it felt like I had. I'm even starting to let go of the hoard mentality and sending home/foddering more of them to make barracks space. Valter and Legion's extra 4* copies have gotten the green light as Darting Blow and Fury 2 fodder.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

I should promote Michalis but I already have a good Beruka who is significantly cuter.

Why not both? With the pitiful assortment of axes currently available one can and should use anything and everything.

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Why not both? With the pitiful assortment of axes currently available one can and should use anything and everything.

I'm not sure if I'd actually get any use out of him, since I don't even find use for Beruka as much as I'd like. Having a +10 Camilla and a bunch of seasonal axes means I'm not in short supply. If my feathers weren't tied up in projects I'd consider promoting a cavalry axe, though, since Husband Marth is all I have for green cavs period at the moment.(edit: Oops, I forgot Gunnthra too)

Edited by Alkaid

16 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That, and the assertion of Beruka being cuter being an obvious fallacy.

Edited by Humanoid

3 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

That, and the assertion of Beruka being cuter being an obvious fallacy.

Beruka is one of the two cutest girls affiliated with Nohr, though, along with Selena.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Beruka is one of the two cutest girls affiliated with Nohr, though, along with Selena.

But Michalis is the cutest guy associated with Macedon! Along with, umm... are there even any other guys in Macedon?

I'm struggling to remember who the first unit I promoted to 5*, whom I actually wanted to, was. My first promotion to 5* was Gwendy, but that was out of necessity for the armour quest, since I only had her and three Draugs at the time. I pulled Sheena halfway through, thank heavens, although she was only 4*.

It was probably someone like Xander, whom I think I promoted pretty much straight away, but I'm not 100%

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I realized I haven't promoted as many of the GHB units as it felt like I had. I'm even starting to let go of the hoard mentality and sending home/foddering more of them to make barracks space. Valter and Legion's extra 4* copies have gotten the green light as Darting Blow and Fury 2 fodder.

You wouldn't rather kill Valter for Panic Ploy?

31 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

But Michalis is the cutest guy associated with Macedon! Along with, umm... are there even any other guys in Macedon?

Only four: Julian, Matthis, Warren and Frost.

37 minutes ago, Icemario said:

You wouldn't rather kill Valter for Panic Ploy?

I kept the 3* copies on the off chance I were to need it. I've had all these these copies of him sitting around so long I don't see myself needing that many if I ever do want it. I've been hoarding GHB copies I don't use for way too long.

Edited by Alkaid

I forget the guest unit I manually turned to 5*. My gut says it’s Nowi. 

I do know the GHB units I 5*ed though. Ones that I use regularly or semi-regularly include Xander, Camus, Michalis, Arvis (for TT), Lyon, and Linus. Zephiel, Legion, Clarisse, and Valter I barely use. The rest are either fodder or permanent benchwarmers.

I still remember my first promotion well since it was Lilina.

I promote quite a lot of GHB units though I don't use them much and sometimes even use them as second hand SI.

Xander and Camus were promoted when horse emblem was the meta, but I did end up sacrificing Xander when I ran out of QR fodder, and Camus just died today to pass on fury 3 and reposition to Groom Marth.

Even my first GHB promote, Michalis is on thin ice due to having hone fliers and reposition inherited. Though I do have a more sentimental reason for keeping him as he was my only green unit for the longest time. 

My main reasoning is that it wouldn't be that hard to just promote and build another with less valuable skills if I ever needed to use them again.

Lyon and Arvis are pretty safe as is Linus since I still use them, but I still don't know what made me promote Julius of all units. Takumi is holding on to fury and desperation so he's in a risky spot. Berkut died to give LA!Eliwood his lance. Zephiel has nothing valuable so he's safe as well.

Edited by Korath88

49 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Even my first GHB promote, Michalis is on thin ice due to having hone fliers and reposition inherited. Though I do have a more sentimental reason for keeping him as he was my only green unit for the longest time. 

"How DARE you lay a finger on me?"

Hone Fliers is still pretty rare though ... *cringes at the though of sacrificing limited and useful 5* units for Fury

Every copy but one of Linus will die for Brazen reasons.

My first promotion was...  Maria.  I thought I really needed a healer, and she'd been serving me decently before that.  These days, I barely use her.

My first promotions were Sharena and Anna, then Xander when I decided to build a cavalry team. Camus, Reinhardt, Alfonse, and Cecilia were the next few, to round out the Askr trio and cavalry team.

If I remember correctly, my first promotion was M!Robin. I spend the first few months of the game not really invested, and so I only ever used a team of M!Robin, Takumi, Y!Tiki and Sakura until around CYL1. Didn't invest in anything besides them before then, so he remained my only promotion for quite some time.  

Edited by Nanima