Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

If he doesn't forget his axe lol. Then again, he probably wouldn't, as Miriel won't be in the game to pick it up for him.

He can still be an axe unit and just not come with any default weapons.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

20 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

He can still be an axe unit and just not come with any default weapons.

Unless he has workable stats, that will be a bummer for some.

11 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Unless he has workable stats, that will be a bummer for some.

Considering the only way to gain SP without a weapon or staff assist is to merge or use crystals, it would be a giant pain in the ass to level him up normally (since he'll have to start by getting 75 SP for Iron Axe).

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Considering the only way to gain SP without a weapon or staff assist is to merge or use crystals, it would be a giant pain in the ass to level him up normally (since he'll have to start by getting 75 SP for Iron Axe).

And you'd pretty much get stuck if you burned all his level-up SP on non-weapon skills for some reason.

Edited by Othin

I pulled another Summer Freddy!! :D He's +4 now and I also changed up his skillset a bit. He has better IVs now too, being +HP, -Res now. He was previously -Def and before that, -Spd.

mOMKwfb.png

Now instead of helping himself double more, he helps his allies double more! Also gave him Swap because he didn't yet have a positioning skill and I'm out of Reposition and Draw Back, unfortunately.

Wait why we talking about ol Teach not coming with an Axe? He ain't THAT du-

Uh... actually forget I said anything... and don't you dare read Teach's supports in Awakening on a whim either! They're... boring! Yep, totally boring and uninteresting to anyone not interested in cool muscle dudes being cool muscle dudes, and totally not about how dumb Teach is. Which he isn't!

30 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I pulled another Summer Freddy!! :D He's +4 now and I also changed up his skillset a bit. He has better IVs now too, being +HP, -Res now. He was previously -Def and before that, -Spd.

Now instead of helping himself double more, he helps his allies double more! Also gave him Swap because he didn't yet have a positioning skill and I'm out of Reposition and Draw Back, unfortunately.

Ohh goodie. Always good managing to get a decent unit before the banner ends and you have to wait for a legendary banner/next summer.

All out of Repo/Draw Back fodder though... I know the feeling as well unfortunately. I'm getting down to only 4 or 5 Reposition fodder, 1 or 2 Draw Back, and at least 20 units who need an Assist skill. I know Dual Rallies are good, but I can't keep giving Rally Def/Res and Spd/Res to all my units... also Pivot isn't an assist if you aren't an Armor. So why do I have so much Pivot fodder...

Edited by Xenomata

2 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Wait why we talking about ol Teach not coming with an Axe? He ain't THAT du-

Uh... actually forget I said anything... and don't you dare read Teach's supports in Awakening on a whim either! They're... boring! Yep, totally boring and uninteresting to anyone not interested in cool muscle dudes being cool muscle dudes, and totally not about how dumb Teach is. Which he isn't!

Ohh goodie. Always good managing to get a decent unit before the banner ends and you have to wait for a legendary banner/next summer.

All out of Repo/Draw Back fodder though... I know the feeling as well unfortunately. I'm getting down to only 4 or 5 Reposition fodder, 1 or 2 Draw Back, and at least 20 units who need an Assist skill. I know Dual Rallies are good, but I can't keep giving Rally Def/Res and Spd/Res to all my units... also Pivot isn't an assist if you aren't an Armor. So why do I have so much Pivot fodder...

That was always one of the more hilarious Vaike supports. lol Also glad I remembered right that Sully rides a stallion.

Yeah, and with just five orbs! Yolo summon ftw!

Yeah, I get you there. I only pull so much of those units and I always seem to have several that need those skills.

19 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Yeah, I get you there. I only pull so much of those units and I always seem to have several that need those skills.

I guess in my case, it's mostly my fault for focusing more on army quantity than army quality, so the fodder needs to somehow be distributed to, by my last count, over 150 different 5* units, but also the fodder pool really hasn't expanded much lately, so the sources for popular skills really hasn't expanded at all... I'm looking at you, Desperation...

12 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I was never so ecstatic and lost control before when playing this game but THIS just had to be a thing

If that's losing control, then I hope I never have control again.

Please let me know what it's like to have speed on Summer Takumi, from down here where mine is still -Spd.

Edited by Xenomata

8 hours ago, Water Mage said:

About a Fates GHB, Flora is a good idea, but everyone’s forgetting Shura. Sure, he becomes an ally, but you face him as a boss in two of the routes, so him having GHB is an interesting possibility.

Ah, I forgot Shura indeed. Preferably he could get the BR-CQ ship battle map, since that is the center of his much more memorable CQ fight.  Slap a nice Atk or Spd debuff on him since his Fates personal is Highwayman; for a weapon, Firesweep to sort of replicate to the Spy Yumi would be good (or just give us the Spy Yumi). 

9 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Quite interesting. We need about 10 more banners to reach the same number of units that were in the 5 star pool before the mass demotion. Expect something to happen in December/January

That sounds a bit unreasonable, to be cynical. Will 10 New Heroes happen by then?

We're getting one for this month, CYL probably in September (which counts due to adding to the standard pool), maybe a September-October NH, then October throws out Trick or Defeat 2. November could sneak in another two New Heroes, but then comes December and it'll be tomes that strangle enemies with holly and flog them with cheap champagne.  January following this can revert to NH, but whether this is immediately followed by Love Resounds is then arguable.

1. July-August
  2. CYL2 September
  3. September-October
  4. November
  5. November-December
  6. January

Maybe I'm being a little too pessimistic and they could sneak another one or two in there. But to hit 10 NHs should take longer, at least March, no later than May I'd guess.

2 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Ah, I forgot Shura indeed. Preferably he could get the BR-CQ ship battle map, since that is the center of his much more memorable CQ fight.  Slap a nice Atk or Spd debuff on him since his Fates personal is Highwayman; for a weapon, Firesweep to sort of replicate to the Spy Yumi would be good (or just give us the Spy Yumi). 

That sounds a bit unreasonable, to be cynical. Will 10 New Heroes happen by then?

We're getting one for this month, CYL probably in September (which counts due to adding to the standard pool), maybe a September-October NH, then October throws out Trick or Defeat 2. November could sneak in another two New Heroes, but then comes December and it'll be tomes that strangle enemies with holly and flog them with cheap champagne.  January following this can revert to NH, but whether this is immediately followed by Love Resounds is then arguable.

1. July-August
  2. CYL2 September
  3. September-October
  4. November
  5. November-December
  6. January

Maybe I'm being a little too pessimistic and they could sneak another one or two in there. But to hit 10 NHs should take longer, at least March, no later than May I'd guess.

There'll probably be a couple of times with two banners in a row or perhaps even three

3 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

1. July-August
  2. CYL2 September
  3. September-October
  4. November
  5. November-December
  6. January

There is the July-August Banner (Normal? Banner), the Early August Seasonal (Aug 10th, ???), the Late August Banner (Aug 24th?, CYL2?), the Early September Banner (Sep, 9th?, CYL2?), the Late September (Sep 24nd? Fall of Arts), the Early October (Oct 9th?, Normal Banner), the late October (Oct 25th?, Halloween), the early November (Nov 10th?,Normal Banner), the late November (Nov 26th? Normal Banner), early December (Dec 9th?, Normal Banner), Late December (Dec 18th?, Winter Seasonal), Early January (Jan 1nd?, Happy New Year), Late January (Jan 16th?, Normal Banner)...

Unless something weird happens; we should have like potentially another 7 (Based in the 2017 Schendule)/8 (Based in my logical sense xD) New Heroes before 2018's Valentine... I would need to analyze the calendar to make my predictions more reasonable.

In the last year I feel we got a banner less than it would technically happen because of some banners becoming longer for some reason (Farfetched is a good example with its 19 Days Gap before the Children of Fate actual release... despite techinically being in the game since 4 days before)

Edited by Troykv

New Heroes banners last year from late August on:

• Brave Heroes
  • Dauntless Crimeans
  • World of Genealogy
  • Farfetched Heroes
  • Children of Fate

So counting the upcoming one, that suggests about 6 New Heroes banners remaining this year, if they continue at pretty much the same rate.

Continuing past the new year, we get:

• World of Dawn
  • Sacred Memories
  • Fallen Heroes
  • The Righteous King

So March sounds about right.

Edited by Othin

Orbs being limited just reminded me that it's not worth pulling for Summer Frederick even though he's still the only unit in the entire game with Seal ATK/SPD 2 which my Matt desperately wants. But I can't pull for him because Neph is coming who has Wrath which my Lyn wants, there's a New Heroes banner which could be CYL2 (though it would be weird without a FEH channel) and a Legendary Banner with L!Lyn who I want. It's just not feasible to pull for him.

Seriously we have 2 sources of seal ATK/DEF in the normal pool and now a source of Seal DEF/RES but still no seal ATK/SPD and it's been over a year at this point. When is another unit going to have it? 

Edited by Zeo

7 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Orbs being limited just reminded me that it's not worth pulling for Summer Frederick even though he's still the only unit in the entire game with Seal ATK/SPD 2 which my Matt desperately wants. But I can't pull for him because Neph is coming who has Wrath which my Lyn wants, there's a New Heroes banner which could be CYL2 (though it would be weird without a FEH channel) and a Legendary Banner with L!Lyn who I want. It's just not feasible to pull for him.

Seriously we have 2 sources of seal ATK/DEF in the normal pool and now a source of Seal DEF/RES but still no seal ATK/SPD and it's been over a year at this point. When is another unit going to have it? 

Patience, it'll probably end up on a limited GHB/TT character. Or they'll throw it on another prime 5*-locked character.

@Zeo I'm in a similar situation with SPD tactic. There is no way I'm going to snipe on a legendary banner for one skill, but it would be perfect for my current arena team. On the other hand Roy is going to be replaced by a third Flier sooner or later. 

Welcome to the world of seasonal/legendary bait. 

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Zeo I'm in a similar situation with SPD tactic. There is no way I'm going to snipe on a legendary banner for one skill, but it would be perfect for my current arena team. On the other hand Roy is going to be replaced by a third Flier sooner or later. 

Welcome to the world of seasonal/legendary bait. 

My feelings exactly. I was hoping the seal for this TT was a Tactics seal. Well, back to farming L!Lyn's HM before she gets put on the chopping block.

@silverserpent I figure that, but the wait is so irritating, especially for a skill that isn't even premium.

@mampfoid SPD Tactic is a very high end skill though, I imagine you won't have to wait too long to see that on another unit. The next big new hero or seasonal will have it to entice players to spend money. On the other hand, there's nothing truly desirable about Seal ATK/SPD 2 outside of niche units like mine so there isn't a big incentive to give it to anyone which, frankly sucks a lot for me. The only way to get it is via a seasonal unit that is literally always going to share a color with another unit on the same banner which is otherworldly levels of inconvenient.

9 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

My feelings exactly. I was hoping the seal for this TT was a Tactics seal. Well, back to farming L!Lyn's HM before she gets put on the chopping block.

At least you have one to sacrifice ;-/

3 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@silverserpent I figure that, but the wait is so irritating, especially for a skill that isn't even premium.

@mampfoid SPD Tactic is a very high end skill though, I imagine you won't have to wait too long to see that on another unit. The next big new hero or seasonal will have it to entice players to spend money. On the other hand, there's nothing truly desirable about Seal ATK/SPD 2 outside of niche units like mine so there isn't a big incentive to give it to anyone which, frankly sucks a lot for me. The only way to get it is via a seasonal unit that is literally always going to share a color with another unit on the same banner which is otherworldly levels of inconvenient.

True, it seems a skill more forgotten by IS than held back. Perhaps you are lucky and they will release it as a seal on one of the next TTs. 

Btw: Playing TTs with Takumi I realize how cool Fishy Bow/ER is. I wish I had a spare Tak-Tak for Bridelia (I don't plan to give her the obligatory quad set). 

40 minutes ago, Zeo said:

The same time IS adds Thoron, Firesweep Axe, the other two -serpents, and summonable Blarwolf and B Tomebreaker 3. IS doesn't always think through its skill distribution all the way, busy creating new things, they sometimes seem to forget the old.

2 hours ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Ah gosh if the New Heroes banner really is awakening, can it at least give us Sumia or Gregor? Please?

Sumia? Oh yes please! Gregor? Meh. Never found him particularly interesting.