Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Can someone maybe tell me why I thought it a great idea to have given my –Spd Selena Desperation one day?
Because I can’t remember having been this bloody dumb at all.

Brash Assault?

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Can someone maybe tell me why I thought it a great idea to have given my –Spd Selena Desperation one day?

Because you're just waiting for the +spd Selena that you will eventually merge your -spd Selena into.

Right now, I'm wishing I had desperation fodder for my summer Innes.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I can remember thinking, back in the early days of Skill Inheritance at least, "Clearly Darting Blow is the best skill in the game, everyone should have it!"

And now some of my earlier units, Roy and Nowi specifically, have Darting Blow 3 in their arsenals, and it was a skill I never replaced when I still used Camilla...

...so anyways, best guess is that clearly Desperation is the best skill and everyone should have it!

Edited by Xenomata

@Ice Dragon: But melee Brash Desperation has always been nothing but memery for me, at least. I couldn’t have given Selena Desperation for that.

@Sunwoo: I was (and still am) looking for an Atk/HP Selena, so this doesn’t explain it either.

@Xenomata: Darting is a good skill, though, especially in conjunction with Desperation. Ensuring doubles is always useful.

…And now I wish I had Desperation fodder for Martha and freshly-obtained Lute. Thanks for nothing, three-star Jagen.

Edited by Vaximillian

I keep forgetting that Summer Corrin's A-skill is not, in fact, Swift Sparrow and that I should logically just replace it with an essentially-free Darting Blow to get an extra +2 speed for barely any tradeoff.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I want Colm and Neimi.

Ross > Ephraim > Lute > Colm = Ewan > Amelia.

While I do like other characters, those are my absolute favorites and half of them are in already. I like Colm and Ewan but I don't expect them to get in (particularly over Rennac or, God help us, another Lute). Ross has a legit chance of being added, but if Gerik, Cormag or... God help us again... Garcia get added, as far as I'm concerned, the dream is dead.

Saleh and Artur. Since Eirika, Innes, and Lute are already in.

I also wouldn't mind Tethys ... but I am curious as to what weapon she could feasibly wield.

Welp. Seliph is now +10 to match Julia. I am SO glad I can't be pity broken by him anymore. i will probably get around to properly building him sometime? But I need to figure out how I'll play him. Maybe slap DC on him one day when I get a spare.

IhSrji2

Edited by silverserpent

We're still missing a red tome dancer so Tethys gets that by default. Even if she wasn't a dancer she'd still be my pick because she's one of the older crowd and not some shy teenage wallflower. Moulder and Artur for me to round it out, not that that's any chance of happening.

Tethys as a red tome also fits due to her connection with Ewan. I think it'd be sweet if there was a moment (if she and Ewan are released together) where it's Ewan showing her some of the finer points of magic.

Edit: for some reason, my phone is lagging badly and putting up incomplete posts >_<

Edited by silverserpent

For some reason I never noticed that red tome is the one major weapon type that doesn't have a dancer. Red tome and bow, actually, especially since staff dancer is impossible with the current mechanics.

1 minute ago, Sunwoo said:

For some reason I never noticed that red tome is the one major weapon type that doesn't have a dancer. Red tome and bow, actually, especially since staff dancer is impossible with the current mechanics.

Her heal assist also refreshes unit. The penalty is that she has abysmal Atk so the heal is worth pants.

I want Ross because he's my favorite FE8 character but partially because he had the only weapon in the entire game (outside of hand axes and tomahawks if the latter were even in the game, can't remember) with the equivalent of DC. Which mean's he'd be the next DC axe infantry to be released. 

His SPD was awful in FE8, but knowing how they like to powercreep and upgrade units, he'd likely have an emphasis on HP, ATK and SPD with mediocre DEF and abysmal RES. And you know what? I'm fine with that.

Edited by Zeo

I only played Sacred Stones for the first time earlier this year. My abiding memory is that after recruiting Joshua safely using Natasha, I figured I could do the same to Marisa with Ewan. She promptly walked up and slaughtered him without mercy.

5 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

I only played Sacred Stones for the first time earlier this year. My abiding memory is that after recruiting Joshua safely using Natasha, I figured I could do the same to Marisa with Ewan. She promptly walked up and slaughtered him without mercy.

Marisa only shows a sense of mercy to her boyfriend/guildmaster. I don't think that extends to her guildmates, with the climate of how the mercenaries seem to work, much less her little brother.

Joshua, on the other hand, can be swayed by a pretty face.

On 7/16/2018 at 12:20 AM, DraceEmpressa said:

They come in late august last year, so maybe we got them this year around that time too 

Yeah, silly me hoping they'll be shown earlier  T_T. *checks date* damn, still over a month away  T_T

7 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Tethys as a red tome also fits due to her connection with Ewan. I think it'd be sweet if there was a moment (if she and Ewan are released together) where it's Ewan showing her some of the finer points of magic.

Edit: for some reason, my phone is lagging badly and putting up incomplete posts >_<

I would love Ewan in this game. He's one of the last units I really, really want. Along with Nils (and Cormag (though S!Innes with a cool wyvern allowed me to wait)). Then finally Grandmaster Robin, but drawn well because Grima!M!Robin is ugly.

Tethys as a red tome would be bizarre. She has no implied magical aptitude like her brother, nor any other aptitude besides having great observational skills. I would pick dagger, personally. It's the most sensible type of weapon for a dancer to be proficient with, particularly one who grew up in slum conditions where you can't get your hands on much else.

I'm a bit disappointed with Nephenee's tap quotes. They're all about how she talks. I may not remember any other character trait about Nephenee from those games, but surely there was something else to this character from her supports or something? Waifu Watchers, care to enlighten me?

I cleared Navarre infernal with armors! I used Black Knight, legendary Hector, Count Henry, and Christmas Robin. I knew pulling for Hector was a great idea, he's helped my armors insanely with how good he is. And mine doesn't even have optimal IVs. lol He's +Spd, -Def. I will still use Zombie Jakob as well though, I like him a lot and he's not just great at taking down fliers, I packed him with CC too, so he can chip melee units for me as well.

Edited by Anacybele

7 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

I'm a bit disappointed with Nephenee's tap quotes. They're all about how she talks. I may not remember any other character trait about Nephenee from those games, but surely there was something else to this character from her supports or something? Waifu Watchers, care to enlighten me?

She only had three supports in Path of Radiance, two of which are basically "I'm a country gal and embarrassed of my accent" and the last of which is "Devdan is really scary".

I’m actually rather disappointed with Nephenee’s voice acting. It doesn’t sound like an accent at all, or at the very least it’s extremely subdued. In fact, it’s weirdly gravely and low. I’m usually impressed by Julie Ann Taylor, but think this one was a miss.

35 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

Tethys as a red tome would be bizarre. She has no implied magical aptitude like her brother, nor any other aptitude besides having great observational skills. I would pick dagger, personally. It's the most sensible type of weapon for a dancer to be proficient with, particularly one who grew up in slum conditions where you can't get your hands on much else.

It's the only weapon type she's ever been able to use, though? Anything other than red tomes would seem weird to me.