Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

18 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They could do that, but if they really want to do something out of left field they should reference Warriors and give her a blue bow.

Oh that’s a neat idea. Always get a twinge of sad when playing Warriors and I see it in her special but know she doesn’t actually use bows.

Edited by Liliesgrace

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Oh that’s a neat idea. Always get a twinge of sad when playing Warriors and I see it in her special but know she doesn’t actually use bows.

I think they gave it to her to differentiate her from Marth? But that would be a pretty awesome nod to Warriors if they make her a bow unit. They could also do a levitating Tome!Robin if they go along those lines.

5 minutes ago, Liliesgrace said:

Yeah, not in her base class of course but she does always have Archer as a reclass option in Awakening due to it being one of Chrom's options.

Just now, silverserpent said:

I think they gave it to her to differentiate her from Marth? But that would be a pretty awesome nod to Warriors if they make her a bow unit. They could also do a levitating Tome!Robin if they go along those lines.

I know plenty of players are sick of Robins but I still really really want a Levin Sword wielding Robin (preferably male). They should at least give a refinement update to vanilla tome male Robin and give him his perf Thoron. I mean it’s even featured in both Warriors and Fates. *grumbles*

But I read the update wrong when Hinoka and Camilla get their refined weapons and thought they were doing all the Warrior perfs for available characters at the time. Super bummed when I realized my error.

6 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

They could also do a levitating Tome!Robin if they go along those lines.

If we're adding characters that float around without a mount or wings, then an Out of this World Seasonal is in order. Fire Emblem on Mars as a reality; in Space, nobody can hear you scream for Astronaut Sigurd. 

9 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, not in her base class of course but she does always have Archer as a reclass option in Awakening due to it being one of Chrom's options.

Lucina's first time using a bow as a Lord was as an amiibo character in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (which was also made by IS), where it was her secondary weapon.  Marth got a heal instead.

I'm pretty certain her using a bow for her special in Warriors was partly a reference to that.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

If we're adding characters that float around without a mount or wings, then an Out of this World Seasonal is in order. Fire Emblem on Mars as a reality; in Space, nobody can hear you scream for Astronaut Sigurd. 

Robin's "running" in Warriors was literally them gliding rapidly over the ground.

6 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Lucina's first time using a bow as a Lord was as an amiibo character in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. (which was also made by IS), where it was her secondary weapon.  Marth got a heal instead.

I'm pretty certain her using a bow for her special in Warriors was partly a reference to that.

Huh, interesting. I never got Code Name S.T.E.A.M. or own even a single amiibo so I naturally didn't know about that.

10 minutes ago, YotsuMaboroshi said:

Actually, Marth's secondary weapon was a Rapier, which IIRC did 4 hits and increased damage on weakpoint hits in Code Name S.T.E.A.M. The healing was his one-use special attack.

And Lucina using a bow for her special in Warriors could've just been because Chrom could reclass to Archer, which meant that Lucina could always reclass to Archer regardless of her mom. Also because Chrom threw a javelin in his special, and they wanted to do something different for Lucina's while still doing something similar, so they went with the bow for her.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Huh, interesting. I never got Code Name S.T.E.A.M. or own even a single amiibo so I naturally didn't know about that.

Lucina is probably the second best Amiibo character there, from what I'm aware (I myself lack the Amiibos). Her Falchion has her jumping and landing on top of foes- sword first- I believe, a copy of Lion's Lion Launcher, and being quite useful for moving her around the map. Her Nidhogg is a fairly potent weapon too, if with some aiming issues. Her Special is apparently a thrust that moves her straight forward a large distance, copying Dorothy's. And her Ability is +10% Atk/Def, not stacking with Lion's and Queequeg's +20% mono-stat passives, but still it's good if you aren't fielding one or both.

Robin is the best, with a very powerful and long-ranged aoe incendiary Tome, the solid Levin Sword for close range, and boosting the potency of Criticals (weak point hits) is his Ability.

Marth is in a gun game with two close-range melee weapons with the Falchion and Rapier, what could go wrong? Well his Ability negates the damage of enemy Overwatch (I see you and shoot you on your turn as you move into my range) attacks, which is massively useful for getting in close, and nobody else can do this. Yet Marth has the worst Steam Recharge in the game at 6 per turn (max capacity of 12), each space of movement costing 1 Steam and weapons consuming a cheap 2 each, and this ruins his potential as unit when combined with his melee lock, since you're useless if you can't get actually get close enough to hurt anyone. If he had more Steam Recharge, he'd apparently be quite good.

Marth is still better than Ike though, who is at his worst in anything ever in the history of Ikedom. His Push ability isn't that useful (and taken from John Henry), Aether isn't particularly good either. His Urvan is melee ranged, and 70 damage at 3 Steam isn't good enough for that. Ragnell deals 5 damage per shockwave hit, which is NOTHING! It costs a massive 4 Steam, and although in the right circumstances the shockwaves can hit multiple times and have knockback, and its range is practically infinite until it hits something indestructible, it is still considered an overpriced utility weapon. All he has is a large 180 HP, not much of a saving grace.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

I wonder if Sumia’s name is meant to be pronounced with stress on the I, given that its official romanisation omits the U altogether.

What I mean is, Intsys, give us Sumia in Heroes already and have her speak her name.

Edited by Vaximillian

38 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder if Sumia’s name is meant to be pronounced with stress on the I, given that its official romanisation omits the U altogether.

What I mean is, Intsys, give us Sumia in Heroes already and have her speak her name.

Or just watch this:

1 hour ago, Junkhead said:

How do I promote my videos better?

You start out small. Just keep making videos on Youtube and you'll slowly gain attraction. You could make build videos for example and highlight your units. I guess you make semi-clickbait titles like "Henry is garbage? More like immortal" if you want people to check it out to prove you wrong or are just curious. GHB and BHB map solos are also a thing

A few comments on your Henry video. Next time when you make a video could you show the arena score your opponent's defense team has, the spotlight character's stats/build and foe's stats for added excitement. Perhaps explain the gist of the build itself as text during the video

6 minutes ago, Seafarer said:

Or just watch this:

…Eternal shame on me. How have I forgotten the cutscene?
And yes, this proves I’m right! Soo-MEE-uh!

Now we only need to get her in Heroes.

Edited by Vaximillian

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

You start out small. Just keep making videos on Youtube and you'll slowly gain attraction. You could make build videos for example and highlight your units. I guess you make semi-clickbait titles like "Henry is garbage? More like immortal" if you want people to check it out to prove you wrong or are just curious. GHB and BHB map solos are also a thing

A few comments on your Henry video. Next time when you make a video could you show the arena score your opponent's defense team has, the spotlight character's stats/build and foe's stats for added excitement. Perhaps explain the gist of the build itself as text during the video

Thank you. That's actually one of the things I do pay attention to, and did mention in one of my topics regarding this:

On 5/7/2018 at 9:55 PM, Junkhead said:

Score ranges 700+ (if possible)

I'm finding the term "Tier 20" a little vague, since it ranges from anything to 700 all the way up to 750. The range is massive. However, it's safe to say you're meeting at least a fair amount of merged characters there, thereby upping the difficulty setting and giving them a bit more validity.

I'm also lenient on certain things, like I won't put a video where I'm facing unmerged and sub-optimised characters. It doesn't feel "valid" for me, and I at times make it so my characters are at a certain disadvantage (I think he's facing 90% Blues in my video, for example). I also considered, like you say, laying out my sort of setup and build, which is something I heavily relied on to get him to absurd levels.

I also had a lot of trouble on what to make as a thumbnail, so any idea is heavily appreciated.

Edited by Junkhead

47 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

I also had a lot of trouble on what to make as a thumbnail, so any idea is heavily appreciated.

For the thumbnail I'd have put a bunch of comments basically saying "Henry is garbage, trash, etc" or showing his placement in the ever so accurate Gamepress tierlist with the blackish 6 badge that they have assigned for his tier. And a transparent Henry overlaying with the thumbnail

Also, put in some sound effects for fun. Something funny to get a chuckle out. I'd recommend checking Akariss's videos as he puts a ton of sound effects for added hilarity

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silveraura25 said:

For the thumbnail I'd have put a bunch of comments basically saying "Henry is garbage, trash, etc" or showing his placement in the ever so accurate Gamepress tierlist with the blackish 6 badge that they have assigned for his tier. And a transparent Henry overlaying with the thumbnail

Also, put in some sound effects for fun. Something funny to get a chuckle out. I'd recommend checking Akariss's videos as he puts a ton of sound effects for added hilarity

That's actually a really good idea...wouldn't have gone there, honestly.

While I appreciate a certain amount of silly, I wouldn't go all-out "meme" mode. 

I feel like I definitely increased the quality of my stuff with this last one. I switched over to recording on my iPhone, which runs smooth as butter (heard that can matter).

Oi...... 

It will happen to be rather late in my time zone when the FEH Channel drops, but I'll stay up to watch your reactions to it regardless. 

Which left me wondering why there weren't any reactions being posted last night. Only to realize this morning that despite looking at when the Channel would be tens of times and recalculating it in my time, I somehow got the date wrong. So in other words, despite feeling tired and wanting to get a good night's sleep yesterday, I stayed up wasting such an opportunity for nothing.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Which left me wondering why there weren't any reactions being posted last night. Only to realize this morning that despite looking at when the Channel would be tens of times and recalculating it in my time, I somehow got the date wrong. So in other words, despite feeling tired and wanting to get a good night's sleep yesterday, I stayed up wasting such an opportunity for nothing.

Also there was a dedicated thread for that.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Also there was a dedicated thread for that.

I know that full well. And I was seriously left wondering why nobody was saying anything about it, was it delayed? Was there some other issue? The realization just didn't strike me and I decided to retire like an hour later. :facepalm: 

I guess I was overeager for some fun and hopes dashed and or realized.

14 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

Why does everyone think that the next banner will be an awakening banner exactly?

1 minute ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

That Google ? thing had what appears to be Olivia's hair peeking through it.

Why do we need a third Olivia when we still have zero Vaikes?