Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

11 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

I don't know why you bother with her, she's useless.

But hmmm, I wonder if an Olivia alt would still be a dancer somehow. I sorta hope they'd do something like a flying tome user like Dark Flier (aka: Morgan). Maybe she'll get the redserpent version of that tome, which would be a nice surprise. She could also be a calvary I suppose, if they really wanted to go left field (and I'd enjoy the parallel to Horse!Chrom because I love those two together).

But excited for the idea of a very viable Olivia without the BST cut because of being a refresh unit.

Ooh, a parallel to EK!Chrom would be great. I enjoy pairing Chrom and Olivia together too, mostly for that sweet, sweet blue haired Inigo, though I do prefer Robin (either gender) with Chrom.

We could also get lance flier Olivia, as a reference to the Falcon Knight class. She could bring in a new lance, though I'm not sure which one.

Honestly, I don't mind Olivia getting another alt, she's one of my favourites from Awakening - if not my favourite Awakening female.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

31 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

You're calling me rude yet you're the one swearing repeatedly here and telling me to "stop whining" and "grow up." Right, yeah, I'm the rude one.

All I ask are for maps that are challenging, but don't make me spend forever trying to figure them out. That might be a balance that's hard to reach, I get that, but it can be done.

Please do me the favour and just delete the game from your phone/pc whatever. The amount of whining after every somewhat challenging GHB/challenging Map is ridiculous and you clearly refuse to think outside the box or take any help without "bitching" at people.

Alot of people actually enjoy the difficult maps.

1 minute ago, Hilda said:

Please do me the favour and just delete the game from your phone/pc whatever. The amount of whining after every somewhat challenging GHB/challenging Map is ridiculous and you clearly refuse to think outside the box or take any help without "bitching" at people.

Alot of people actually enjoy the difficult maps.

I don't have to delete anything just because you want me to, thanks. Now please do me (and probably others) a favor and take your attitude elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't have to delete anything just because you want me to, thanks. Now please do me (and probably others) a favor and take your attitude elsewhere.

then stop whining about every little challenge this game throws at you

2 minutes ago, Hilda said:

then stop whining about every little challenge this game throws at you

I don't whine, that's entirely childish. There's a difference between "this is too hard!" and "I think this could be easier." And I wouldn't say these are "little challenges."

Edited by Anacybele

3 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I don't whine, that's entirely childish. There's a difference between "this is too hard!" and "I think this could be easier." And I wouldn't say these are "little challenges."

I'll do myself the favour and use the ignore button, problem solved!

Personally, I like having challenges that make me think this much. Heroes tends to be a bit short on challenges for experienced players, so every additional one is really valuable. And it's nice how it's guaranteed to be completable by anyone, since even if someone really struggles, they can look up the same solutions regardless of their own units.

4 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I'll do myself the favour and use the ignore button, problem solved!

You do that then. Doesn't matter to me.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

Personally, I like having challenges that make me think this much. Heroes tends to be a bit short on challenges for experienced players, so every additional one is really valuable. And it's nice how it's guaranteed to be completable by anyone, since even if someone really struggles, they can look up the same solutions regardless of their own units.

Making you think is fine and dandy, but how is it any fun to spend a long time trying to clear one challenge? How is it any fun to get frustrated and want to pull your hair out? High difficulties are never any fun for me for this reason.

17 minutes ago, Lau said:

Ooh, a parallel to EK!Chrom would be great. I enjoy pairing Chrom and Olivia together too, mostly for that sweet, sweet blue haired Inigo, though I do prefer Robin (either gender) with Chrom.

We could also get lance flier Olivia, as a reference to the Falcon Knight class. She could bring in a new lance, though I'm not sure which one.

Honestly, I don't mind Olivia getting another alt, she's one of my favourites from Awakening - if not my favourite Awakening female.

Blue-haired Inigo is my love. <33 And I mean yeah. Chrom x M!Robin is my favorite but the game won't let me have that life, so ChromxOlivia is my second favorite. So I'll take her being a horse (or horse dancer).

OH yeah! I forgot about the Falcon Knight class. I actually wouldn't mind her wielding an axe or something totally unique and different just to throw us off. I like surprises and when they give characters alts that aren't necessarily "in-universe". Yeah, Olivia would be top 3 for me in favorite Awakening females. She was also one of the first ones I summoned in this game, so she's special to me. Lol.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Making you think is fine and dandy, but how is it any fun to spend a long time trying to clear one challenge? How is it any fun to get frustrated and want to pull your hair out? High difficulties are never any fun for me for this reason.

It took me a while to clear some of the Tactics Drills. Whenever I found one I couldn't clear, I set it down for a while.

There's no time limit, and solutions are always available online, so there's no pressure to push yourself. If they're fun, play them. If they aren't, don't.

19 minutes ago, Othin said:

It took me a while to clear some of the Tactics Drills. Whenever I found one I couldn't clear, I set it down for a while.

There's no time limit, and solutions are always available online, so there's no pressure to push yourself. If they're fun, play them. If they aren't, don't.

Okay, guess that's fair.

Yay, so many posts after I last logged on. At some point other people stop being the problem.

I honestly question how these alts are even done. It's ridiculous that certain characters are on their third, fourth, or even FIFTH alt when so many still-popular characters are already in the game. That, and I feel a bit bad for the mage Eirika because she wasn't the last (or even the first) of these alts. She was just one of the most obvious and released when CYL2 was going, so that likely affected her ranking. I wonder if Hector, Celica, and Ephraim would've placed as highly as they did if we knew they were getting alts (and in Hector's case, 2) this year.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Yay, so many posts after I last logged on. At some point other people stop being the problem.

I honestly question how these alts are even done. It's ridiculous that certain characters are on their third, fourth, or even FIFTH alt when so many still-popular characters are already in the game. That, and I feel a bit bad for the mage Eirika because she wasn't the last (or even the first) of these alts. She was just one of the most obvious and released when CYL2 was going, so that likely affected her ranking. I wonder if Hector, Celica, and Ephraim would've placed as highly as they did if we knew they were getting alts (and in Hector's case, 2) this year.

I'm fully convinced Eirika would have won 2nd place in CYL if not for the bad timing of her alt. She was robbed.

With all due respect, but claiming that IS needs to fix those maps because they are too hard is poor sportsmanship. If other people can do it, so can you. After all it’s not a question of physical prowess but mental prowess, which means with enough effort anyone can do it. And making those maps easier would be an insult to thosw who managed to complete it.

Edited by Water Mage

Just now, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm fully convinced Eirika would have won 2nd place in CYL if not for the bad timing of her alt. She was robbed.

That makes me sad. I wouldn't mind if Eirika ended up wherever she did of her own merit, without any outside factors, but if she really did lose spots in CYL2 because of an alt that she was in no way alone in getting, that is disappointing.

Also, this may not be a popular opinion, but I kind of wish second place girl wasn't Veronica. I have absolutely nothing against her and think she has been interesting in book 2, but I just wish CYL alts were limited to non-Heroes characters.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

That makes me sad. I wouldn't mind if Eirika ended up wherever she did of her own merit, without any outside factors, but if she really did lose spots in CYL2 because of an alt that she was in no way alone in getting, that is disappointing.

Also, this may not be a popular opinion, but I kind of wish second place girl wasn't Veronica. I have absolutely nothing against her and think she has been interesting in book 2, but I just wish CYL alts were limited to non-Heroes characters.

I fully agree, I don't think Heroes OCs should have been included. I'd even have taken Camilla as a CYL winner over Veronica.

5 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I fully agree, I don't think Heroes OCs should have been included. I'd even have taken Camilla as a CYL winner over Veronica.

Well, the only issue with Camilla is that apparently she got an alt this year too with the summer banner - in addition to already having two other alts last year. If we don't include the FEH OCs, how much further back do we have to go to find a winner on the female side who didn't get an alt this year?

As much as I like Eirika, personally I'm just glad that Veronica is finally getting a playable version at all.

It does feel unfair to her, though. Celica, Hector, and Ephraim all got alts in February alone.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Well, the only issue with Camilla is that apparently she got an alt this year too with the summer banner - in addition to already having two other alts last year. If we don't include the FEH OCs, how much further back do we have to go to find a winner on the female side who didn't get an alt this year?

We have to go to number 8 apparently with Micaiah.

Looking at the full Top 20 placements for CYL2, all the non-OCs except Alm, Micaiah, and Leif have at least one alt by now.

Clearly this means Micaiah should've gotten a CYL alt

Also, it feels kind of silly that Reinhardt and Olwen got an alt before Alm and Leif. Hopefully we won't have to expect any alts from them for the rest of this year. So ... once CYL is done, I'm hoping for no more Hectors for a while too.

47 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Robbed like she robbed Knoll. 

47 minutes ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

Meh. I wouldn’t call it “robbed”. We got Veronica out of this event which is better than having an alt of an existing character. If anything, people should rally behind characters that aren’t in the game yet for CYL3. 

31 minutes ago, Michelaar said:

We have to go to number 8 apparently with Micaiah.

27 minutes ago, Othin said:

Looking at the full Top 20 placements for CYL2, all the non-OCs except Alm, Micaiah, and Leif have at least one alt by now.

Legendary Micaiah coming up next maybe?  That would be nice :D  If they're going to keep doing alts, might as well spread them around.  Or...  just give us entirely new characters.  Hopefully the channel addresses it.