Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

Robbed like she robbed Knoll. 

Goodness gracious, people are still mad about that? The tome never belonged to him. This is like the “muh slot” argument some people use for Smash. Knoll being “robbed” would have meant that he was planned at some point and then they chose Eirika over him. Evidence would have been found in leftover data like what happened with Christmas Robin and Christmas Tharja. There was no data on Knoll. There’s no “robbing” if the “robbed” character was never planned in the first place. 

FEH’s Gleipnir isn’t even that great of a tome anyway and since this Powercreep: The Game, chances are that Knoll would come with a better tome or even a powercrept Gleipnir. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

I'm fully convinced Eirika would have won 2nd place in CYL if not for the bad timing of her alt. She was robbed.

Her dumb brother robbed Marth out of 2nd place, so it all evens out between that and her robbing Knoll like Thane said.

Next time, I say they shouldn't show how the voting looks at the halfway point since that was the only reason Veronica won over Camilla or Eirika as far as I'm concerned.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

Robbed like she robbed Knoll. 

Nope. I'm sure I said this when they released Eirikalter but I'll say once more.

Her not existing wouldn't have magically made Knoll appear in the game, and even if that was the case nothing says that he would get Gleipnir. Hell, going by IS track record, he would've been a TT reward with Fenrir+ or a raven tome. After all Canas is the only Dark mage in FE7 and he ended with an owl tome instead of Gespenst. So no, Eirika didn't rob anyone's spot because that's not how these things work.

Following that logic gets us to strawman arguments like these: "Lilina getting Forblaze means that she robbed Athos". "Raven getting Basilikos means that Brendan Reed got robbed". The myriad of weapons that get a prefix in order to give it to another unit (or just give the same weapon like what happened with Linus and the Falchions wielders) shows that one unit getting it doesn't exclude another one from getting an alternative version of it, of course that's if IS considers that the unit should wield the weapon in the first place.

3 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Goodness gracious, people are still mad about that? The tome never belonged to him.

Really? Because I never saw her use a tome in the game. :awesome:

10 minutes ago, Junkhead said:

Really? Because I never saw her use a tome in the game. :awesome:

Just like I never saw Innes using an axe or Faye using a bow. You could bring the same argument to pretty much every alt that isn’t Ephraim or Hector’s. The developers can do whatever they want with alts. It started with seasonals and now it’s spread to non-limited units. They’re also going with what sells. 

I expect that some of you would be fuming if CYL!Ephraim gets Garm and an armor based on Duessel’s armor. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

14 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I expect that some of you would be fuming if CYL!Ephraim gets Garm and an armor based on Duessel’s armor. 

That would be fuckin' discraceful

Hector is CLEARLY out of Armads to use and must swap to Garmads.

5 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Clearly that just means they have Legendary alt already lined up.

Well the next one is supposed to blue right? And our last two were guys so if we continue the two girls two guys trend Micaiah's a good option, plus she's a great choice for a resistance hero. (Please don't though I'm already out of orbs :(:)

I really hope the next CYL is done better, but I doubt it'll change. Would they really split Marth's votes yet again? At least by CYL3 he should still manage a win even if they do, I'd assume. Also, showing midterm vote results surely swayed things by a fair amount too. I doubt Veronica would have gotten the rally she needed to pass both Eirika and Camilla otherwise. Everyone knowing she was actually close enough to have a shot at being made playable seemed to shift lot of votes towards her.

I wouldn't mind Conquerer Alm with a Blue Bow as this month's Legendary Hero. However, I don't know what Bow he would use; Parthia belongs to Jeorge and Luna probably wont ever be in Heroes as a weapon. I just don't want them BS'ing a weapon out of nowhere, so I'd prefer he'd be a Swordie.

Props to @Alexmender and @Lord-Zero to pointing out the fallacies that plague poor Eirika. I think I’ll add some insight myself.

Let’s be real. Nobody cared about Knoll before Eirika showed up. Don’t believe me? Look at his previous placing in the first CYL, it isn’t pretty. The only reason people made a huge stink about it was because Gleipner “belonged” to him, when in reality it wasn’t. It’s only due to the fact that only he and possibly Ewan can realistically wield it. Eirika could had something like “Dark Alacalibur” or even “Eirika’s Tome”, and nobody would complain she “stole” a spot from Knoll. Besides, they’re two completely different units. It’d be like saying Zelgius stole a spot from Edward, or Exalted Chrom took a spot from Gregor. To top it all off, Gleipner probably wouldn’t even work on Knoll as it currently is, considering he’ll likely be a Sophia or Canas in the making.

It’s one thing thing to dislike alts, it’s another to say false statements concerning them.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

I don't think Ephraim taking after Duessel would be disgraceful, I think it's a great idea because it would also help address the need of axe cavs in the permanent pool. And Ephraim would look awesome. And I mean, why isn't the first CYL group dressing up like their dads disgraceful then?

Considering that Linus was introduced with the exact same weapon that Raven got from the refinery, I really don't see how one unit getting a legendary weapon prevents another unit that could use it from being introduced.

Also, unpopular opinion but the vote splitting for Marth wouldn't have been so bad if it wasn't for the inconsistency in his Shadow dragon and new mystery characterisation. The west seems to prefer SD Marth while Japan prefers New Mystery Marth.

Edited by Korath88

Love Eirika but I'm so glad that Veronica got in.  I'd like for the winners of CYL3 to be Loki, Laegjarn, Laevetain, and Bruno or something.  I mean then we can actually get the main story characters in the game.  All the characters originating from other games are just cameos that have no importance to the story except for Xander I guess.  They have their contract chapter you beat them and that's that.  

On 'stealing' there is some merit.  One of the things that would make Knoll enticing is to have him come with Glepnir.  Now I get the oh cause a previous character has the weapon doesn't mean that another character can't have it.  C'mon we know that is never going to happen with Knoll.  Unpopular character and what he is just going to come with boring already released Glepnir?  Probably be an infantry red mage of which we have a million, on top of that?  Yeah.

Same thing with Hinoka/Reina.  Oh no big deal, now that kinshi is in they can release Reina in the future!  Oh they did release more kinshi.  Ryoma and Takumi.  Kinshi is what made Reina special, she is never coming now.  Just like Glepnir made Knoll special, he is never coming now.  

So fans of those characters have a right to be angry.  

Honestly, if we get Knoll now, I want him to have Raudhrserpent+ because IIRC dude had no SPD so he'd probably need Distant DEF Tome to be decent (plus I could toss it to Sophia... I want Raudhrserpent and Gronnserpent already).

And I second Anacybele on wanting Duessel-themed CYL2 Ephraim with Garm... Though I also want Duessel/Amelia with Garm... Eh, I guess they can share.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Most of the legendary weapons added to alts have been S ranked (or equivalent highest rank) weapons in their original games, (Urvan, Mulagir, Gleipnir, etc.), these weapons dont belong to anyone despite some showing up on certain characters or having only a few possible candidates in their home game. In cases like Roy's Durandal, its a sword that can be used by anyone in FE6 iirc (I havent actually played FE6). I think this needs to be stated as these weapons are different from legendary weapons literally bound to a character like Ephraim and Siegmund for example.

I guess what im trying to say is, if you see a Soleil alt with the Yato, that's cause for complaint. But something like...idk, Florina getting the Rex Hasta via refinery, that's fine.

Now, something I'd love to see is Renning with Amiti. It'll probably never happen, but that'd be dope imo.

Edited by Jakkun

Yet nobody's complained that Greil and old Eliwood "won't get in" because their sons stole their clothes and weapons. Knoll and Reina will probably still be in eventually and their fans can still enjoy them.

There are a lot of horses and Pegasi, there can be several kinshi too.

Both Eirika and Knoll can have Gleipnir and Knoll could also come with a unique skill or two for all we know.

I just don't see the problem here and it isn't the end of the world, geez.

Edited by Anacybele

31 minutes ago, kirauza343 said:

Well the next one is supposed to blue right? And our last two were guys so if we continue the two girls two guys trend Micaiah's a good option, plus she's a great choice for a resistance hero. (Please don't though I'm already out of orbs :(:)

I'm perfectly happy with my Micaiah as she is...there's also that I gave her an Earth blessing so I could partner her with L!Ike. I don't like repeating characters with the same blessings.

Raudhrserpent when. I think I'd like to give it to my Henry to make him more of a tank. It's also pretty weird that Blarserpent has been out for a while, but no sign of the red or the green versions.

On alts "stealing" spots from other units, well ... I think to "steal" a spot there has to be more evidence than just overlapping classes or weapons. To use Reina as an example, would she have had a better chance of getting into the game if kinshi!Hinoka, kinshi!Ryoma, and kinshi!Takumi didn't exist? Or would it just mean that we would have zero kinshi knights? Unless there's clear proof that not getting kinshi!Hoshido siblings meant we would've gotten Reina sooner (or at all), we can't really say Reina was robbed. Same logic for Eirika and Knoll.

... Although I question WHY the developers thought they needed an Eirika alt to sell a banner with fucking L'Arachel and Myrrh.

I don't dislike the OCs in Heroes for the most part. Alfonse is the only one I really like, the others are "don't care either way" and "mildly dislike". But I've said it here and I'll say it again: I'm here for my favorite characters, not the OCs. I've decided that if they want to do occasional OCs as legendary heroes, I can accept that. Since it's not like we're getting anything interesting other than alts for legendaries anyway. That said, I'd really like CYL to be limited to non-Heroes characters. I don't want Loki or the Muspell sisters playable before Rath or Louise or Sumia.

Edited by Sunwoo

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

... Although I question WHY the developers thought they needed an Eirika alt to sell a banner with fucking L'Arachel and Myrrh.

I think the better question might be why didn't they just have Marisa take Eirika's spot and intentionally make her busted pun was not intentional I swear not unlike Karla? I really doubt that banner would've fared any worse, if not better, if they had went that route.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Raudhrserpent when. I think I'd like to give it to my Henry to make him more of a tank. It's also pretty weird that Blarserpent has been out for a while, but no sign of the red or the green versions.

Same with Firesweep Axe (and maybe Dagger). I partially expect Rinkah and Orochi to come with Firesweep Axe and a Serpent Tome respectively, due to the former's background and the latter's namesake. However, Orochi is the least popular female in Fates so she may never make it into Heroes (i cri).

1 minute ago, Tybrosion said:

I think the better question might be why didn't they just have Marisa take Eirika's spot and intentionally make her busted pun was not intentional I swear not unlike Karla? I really doubt that banner would've fared any worse, if not better, if they had went that route.

Oh yeah, I forgot that Marisa was released during the tempest trials around that banner. That's an equally good question.

7 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Love Eirika but I'm so glad that Veronica got in.  I'd like for the winners of CYL3 to be Loki, Laegjarn, Laevetain, and Bruno or something.  I mean then we can actually get the main story characters in the game.  All the characters originating from other games are just cameos that have no importance to the story except for Xander I guess.  They have their contract chapter you beat them and that's that.  

On 'stealing' there is some merit.  One of the things that would make Knoll enticing is to have him come with Glepnir.  Now I get the oh cause a previous character has the weapon doesn't mean that another character can't have it.  C'mon we know that is never going to happen with Knoll.  Unpopular character and what he is just going to come with boring already released Glepnir?  Probably be an infantry red mage of which we have a million, on top of that?  Yeah.

Same thing with Hinoka/Reina.  Oh no big deal, now that kinshi is in they can release Reina in the future!  Oh they did release more kinshi.  Ryoma and Takumi.  Kinshi is what made Reina special, she is never coming now.  Just like Glepnir made Knoll special, he is never coming now.  

So fans of those characters have a right to be angry.  

There's a huge fallacy with Knoll and Gleipnir. The tome isn't Knoll's in Sacred Stones. It belongs to the royal family of Grado and afterwards to Ephraim after he defeats Grado in the war, he gives it to Eirika to keep in her route or he stays with it in his own route, same for Garm. They can't wield the weapons in-game but the sacred twins of Grado belong to the Renais twins as they got them as spoils of war and that's a fact.

And to make it as clear as possible, Gleipnir didn't make Knoll special as one can choose to give the tome to Ewan instead so no one gets dips on the tome in FE8. 

About enticing units there's no need to go spefically for one thing, Ayra doesn't have Balmung and is still one of the most desired units in the game. Karla got a Prf that didn't exist and is one of the most powerful and sought after units. There's no need to close your mind and think "If this unit doesn't get x no one will want them". If IS wants they will give the unit a broken af weapon to ensure people pull for them. This applies to Reina too, not being the only Kinshi hasn't doomed her to irrelevancy unless IS decides to do so when she releases. Strong stat spreads/broken Prf weapons/new inheritable skills/nice art. There's a lot of ways to make a unit enticing to the public. The concern here is if they made those unpopular heroes as TT rewards because IS seems bent on making those as underwhelming as possible, that's the thing you should be afraid of because if they appear on a banner they're going to be good no matter what.

I also still question why Marth wasn't simply on the bride banner along with the brides. So many people were requesting him that I'm positive he'd have made a lot of money, plus he's the freakin' series mascot!

12 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I've decided that if they want to do occasional OCs as legendary heroes, I can accept that. Since it's not like we're getting anything interesting other than alts for legendaries anyway. That said, I'd really like CYL to be limited to non-Heroes characters. I don't want Loki or the Muspell sisters playable before Rath or Louise or Sumia.

They let players vote in CYL events for characters they like. Why should Heroes be the only FE title excluded from the polls? 

Someone who played only Awakening will most likely vote for his/her fav from that game. Same goes for players who played only Heroes so far.