• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

I really like Hrid's design. Bit disappointed to see he's likely a sword unit since I have strong ones for all movement types, but oh well. I'm sure I'll find use for him anyway. Was hoping for a tome.

2 hours ago, Etrurian emperor said:

And can the team finally realize they've been traveling with Loki for quite some time now.

I hate it when heroes have an obvious traitor in their midst. It makes you feel like everything you're doing is according to somebody else's manipulation/in their control. I mean sure you know in the very end everything will turn out for the best, but it is still so annoying.

6 hours ago, Glennstavos said:

Even if Little Sis doesn't totally leave the group she might have some carrier pigeon method of passing on a message, or meeting with a spy who would carry the message.

You know, I've actually seen a traitor recently who rather openly before the heroes passes messages back and forth via carrier pigeon. Their excuse is that it's exchanges with a lover. Change lover to friend and maybe this could happen.

1 hour ago, thecrimsonflash said:

I'm gonna call it now

Hide contents

Hrid is the traitor and was from the very beginning, or he is just LessSuckey!Alphonse and they are looking for an excuse to shove Alphonse in a meat grinder. Because more than one plot important man is the true unforgivable sin. (Kiran is an amorphous blob which is whatever you want it to be)

Book II probably only has a few more chapters left in it. If I had to hazard a guess, all the Nifl characters are going to be retired (unless they choose to make some random cameo later) to make way for more badly utilized OCs in Book III.

30 minutes ago, Zeo said:

Annoys the crap out of me that people still call the grey pool "Colorless Hell" after all this time when it's some of the most premium crap in the game right now... everyone gushes over Klein and Sothe like those are the only good units when... you know what let me just...

• Klein - Death Blow 3/Quick Riposte 3
  • Sothe - Life and Death 3
  • Kaze - ATK Smoke 3
  • Nanna - Drive Def 2
  • Setsuna - Bowbreaker 3
  • Legault - ATK Tactic 3
  • Leon - Guard 3
  • Rebecca - Darting Blow 3
  • Niles - Iceberg
  • Kagero/Felicia - Quality Units

I just named half the pool, Nevermind the fact that Healers stepped up with their Staff upgrades so Physic+ and Recover+ are actually really nice to have fodder of if you want to build a healer. Then there's Pain+ and Gravity+ which are among the best staves. Why is this pool bad?

It's the green pool that sucks to pull from (unless you're like me and just keep pulling Faes).

Going to nitpick this a bit.

Spoiler

What makes good fodder is skills you're likely to use a lot, or are important parts to the strongest builds. Klein, Sothe, Kaze and Niles are going to be the most high in demand for a plethora of unit builds. Nanna and Legault also have valuable skills, but not ones you will use that often. For the rest:

• Setsuna: TA Gronnraven Bowbreaker has been a pretty  standard meta counter for a long time, and most people probably already have one. You don't really need that much Bowbreaker fodder unless you're worried Lyn will show up every AA match.
  • Leon: Guard is a really niche ability considering so many units who could use it well also want QR. I've never used it on any of the units that come with it. And Leon only has it at 5* which makes it expensive fodder.
  • Rebecca: Darting Blow is a good budget skill but it's more niche than Death Blow and usually inferior to Swift Sparrow. It's also available on Tharja and Florina so it's not exactly rare.
  • Kagero and Felicia: Can be good units if you want to build them, but if you don't (or already have one) they don't offer a lot to the player when you get more copies.

Pretty much every other dagger and bow user you didn't mention have bad poor SI options, and for the healers you run into two problems:
1. You don't need that many fully built healers. Once you get them their ideal staff and assist, any further fodders are worthless.
2. Healer skills are all 5* locked so it's a hefty price if you actually want to use them.

I'd say a lot more good fodder units have been added to the Colorless pool recently, but a lot of it becomes useless quickly. Green also has a lot of trash, but within that is widely usable Assist skills like Reposition, Drawback, Swap and Pivot, and then there are Glimmer and Luna fodder too.

I want Hrid in my barracks I don't care how and I don't care what weapon he has, I want him because not teenage boy makes me very happy and if the kill him off I will cry and be pretty mad.  I still think the traitor is the little sis because it is right there and Heroes plot is pretty in your face with what will happen.

3 hours ago, Zeo said:

Annoys the crap out of me that people still call the grey pool "Colorless Hell" after all this time when it's some of the most premium crap in the game right now... everyone gushes over Klein and Sothe like those are the only good units when... you know what let me just...

• Klein - Death Blow 3/Quick Riposte 3
  • Sothe - Life and Death 3
  • Kaze - ATK Smoke 3
  • Nanna - Drive Def 2
  • Setsuna - Bowbreaker 3
  • Legault - ATK Tactic 3
  • Leon - Guard 3
  • Rebecca - Darting Blow 3
  • Niles - Iceberg
  • Kagero/Felicia - Quality Units

I just named half the pool, Nevermind the fact that Healers stepped up with their Staff upgrades so Physic+ and Recover+ are actually really nice to have fodder of if you want to build a healer. Then there's Pain+ and Gravity+ which are among the best staves. Why is this pool bad?

It's the green pool that sucks to pull from (unless you're like me and just keep pulling Faes).

Well the Healers not named Elise/Nanna/Genny (and now Maribelle) are pretty much the reasons why Colorless is hellish... and the there is also Gaius that doesn't give anything (at least Saizo can give a high scoring skill).

At least in Green everything can be used (even Merric if you're desperate for C-Skills, in his case in the form of his 4 Star Spur Res).

Edited by Troykv

If Hrid has a sword, he can't be this month's legendary, but he could be next month's. Whenever he shows up, I plan on pulling for him.

I'm just glad they still have an actual plan. Loki is causing trouble, but that's not really news.

Oooh, Hrid looks good! I'm shocked because aside from the older sister on the enemy side I haven't been a fan of any of these new designs for these characters, so Hrid is a BREATH of fresh air. I do wish he wasn't a sword unit (I think a dagger would have been SO cool for a Prince), but I'm okay with it. I want himmmmm. He'll probably be August or whatever Legendary Hero sadly, because my orbs cannot survive Olivia. XD 

And some Askr refines for my bby Alphonse is great. I do wish it wasn't Triangle Adept because I really, really hate when a weak color can *GLANCE* at my unit and they die. But it's fine, I'll take it, cause bby needed it.

2 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

And some Askr refines for my bby Alphonse is great. I do wish it wasn't Triangle Adept because I really, really hate when a weak color can *GLANCE* at my unit and they die. But it's fine, I'll take it, cause bby needed it.

You aren’t forced to take the TA3 refine, though. Taking a stat boost instead is an option, too.

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

You aren’t forced to take the TA3 refine, though. Taking a stat boost instead is an option, too.

Clearly, but it also has Brazen Atk/Def, and I love that. XD So I'll take the TA3 for the free Brazen skill. =)

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Arthur: Swap, Lancebreaker 2 (Narcians aren’t infinite);

But Oscars are.

3 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Only Bartre, Merric, and Raven are bad for inheritance, but they are all solid units in their own right.

Among green, only Barst (Reposition), Fae (Draw Back, Renewal), Frederick (Luna), and Gunter (Hone Cavalry) are good for inheritance. All of the other skills on that list are not things I need to keep more than one copy of as a spare.

Colorless has Klein (Death Blow, Quick Riposte), Sothe (Life and Death), and Nanna (Drive Def). So they're really about even. For me at least.

3 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

The entire point of Triangle Adept is that most units shouldn't need to fight at disadvantage in the first place.

Just now, Sunsurge said:

Clearly, but it also has Brazen Atk/Def, and I love that. XD So I'll take the TA3 for the free Brazen skill. =)

All of the refines come with Brazen Atk/Def.

Just now, Sunsurge said:

The Brazen skill is part of all the refines, not just the TA refine. You could give him +Def on top of the Brazen skill if you wanted.

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder why my barracks isn’t overflowing with Oscars then. Oh, I know. They don’t fucking come.

Doesn't change the fact that they're infinite. You're clearly not offering enough chicken and goat sacrifices.

29 minutes ago, Sunsurge said:

Oooh, Hrid looks good! I'm shocked because aside from the older sister on the enemy side I haven't been a fan of any of these new designs for these characters, so Hrid is a BREATH of fresh air. I do wish he wasn't a sword unit (I think a dagger would have been SO cool for a Prince), but I'm okay with it. I want himmmmm. He'll probably be August or whatever Legendary Hero sadly, because my orbs cannot survive Olivia. XD 

TA was the best that could happen to Alphonse. His blue match ups suck no matter what. He is so slow that any Lance user will double him and tomes destroy him.

This way he has a free A slot and excells against green (which he only did okeish before) and can use the Passives to patch up his terrible matchup against other sword users

13 minutes ago, Hilda said:

TA was the best that could happen to Alphonse. His blue match ups suck no matter what. He is so slow that any Lance user will double him and tomes destroy him.

This way he has a free A slot and excells against green (which he only did okeish before) and can use the Passives to patch up his terrible matchup against other sword users

But when he can run brazen Atk/Def 6 for +14 to those stats, does he really need TA to kill greens at that point?

Why not go for a def refine to help his combat against red units instead?

I must be playing a very different game from all the folks here and on reddit disappointed in Alf's refine.  While there are definitely units in the game that fare well regardless of enemy type, Alfonse is not one of those.  Hilda summed it up pretty well, and TA on his Prf weapon gives him the edge he needs to muscle past common AA threats like Myrhh, Grima, Fae, etc.  The green pool consists of some of the most overpowered units in the game right now, so I'll take any red TA unit I can get. 

24 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

But when he can run brazen Atk/Def 6 for +14 to those stats, does he really need TA to kill greens at that point?

@Ice Dragon

I think some people just have phobia to TA because they think if they use it, they're basically accepting that their unit "sucks butt"; but that isn't need to be... Some units really appreciate the TA.

Alfonse doesn't need TA unless you're lacking a red unit in your arena core to begin with if you're using him as a temporary bonus unit. With double brazen atk/def active he can go up against physical blue melee units as if they were suffering color disadvantage. Run the calculations. This guys becomes a beast if you don't kill him off in one round of combat. I'd recommend the def refine

Edited by silveraura25

29 minutes ago, Troykv said:

@Ice Dragon

I think some people just have phobia to TA because they think if they use it, they're basically accepting that their unit "sucks butt"; but that isn't need to be... Some units really appreciate the TA.

Is this supposed to be a response to my post? Because I'm not seeing any reason as to why you quoted it.

Though I suppose I'm not dragging an unmergeable unit into +10 territory so maybe the TA and def refines are preferable depending on what score range you are in.

I recommend def because those most likely to be interested in refining Alfonse are more likely to be f2ps who won't be reaching +10 arena anyways. Why would a whale tank their score by bringing Alfonse?

Edited by Korath88

TA is a good skill, Alfonse is a good unit for it.

I like how goofy Anna's refine is. Below 50% HP, move to any ally. Above 50% HP, still move to the nearby ones. Functional, but still funny.

17 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Is this supposed to be a response to my post? Because I'm not seeing any reason as to why you quoted it.

Though I suppose I'm not dragging an unmergeable unit into +10 territory so maybe the TA and def refines are preferable depending on what score range you are in.

I recommend def because those most likely to be interested in refining Alfonse are more likely to be f2ps who won't be reaching +10 arena anyways. Why would a whale tank their score by bringing Alfonse?

I think I was suppose to say something... but I forgotted it; sorry Korath xDU

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

Because Brazen Atk/Def doesn't do squat until he actually takes damage.