Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

After the upcoming legendary + August seasonal I'm going to try and get back to saving too. I've been pulling for too many "side" units the past few months that I didn't need, but just would like to have. At least I might be able to skip CYL2 if we get a free pick to grab Veronica with, since I'm not too interested in the character lineup otherwise.

Yeah, after getting no focus units (out of four 5-stars) on the first summer banner, it's really put me off the idea of spending any real number of orbs on the CYL2 banner. That's assuming it has the exact same setup as CYL1 of course - that being one free unit but otherwise a regular 3%+3% banner with the usual array of pitybreakers. At most I'll roll until I get one 5-star of any description, but I suspect that I'll most likely just do one round and call it quits. (I did the same thing for CYL last year, but that was more because Summer Corrin ate every single one of my orbs rather than by design)

No idea who my freebie will be. Even at times where I feel strongly about certain characters I still generally go for the pragmatic choice, and on this occasion I don't feel strongly about any of them. Whoever it is, it'll be 100% a decision based on their gameplay utility.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

54 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

At least I might be able to skip CYL2 if we get a free pick to grab Veronica with, since I'm not too interested in the character lineup otherwise.

This is my thinking, as well. I can't pass up the first Embla unit, but I already have a Hector, a Celica, and two Ephraims, so the other three would really have to impress me for me to want to pull for them. Especially with them being in the regular summoning pool and likely to get rerun a lot.

Choosing for gameplay led me to choose Brave Lyn and I regretted it later since I never used her. The character could be “top tier” but if I don’t like the character itself, I can’t bring myself to use it. I should have chosen B!Ike instead. As for CYL2, if there’s another free pick, I’ll just pick Veronica. 

Edited by Lord-Zero
Typo

52 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Choosing for gameplay led me to choose Brave alyn and I regretted it later since I never used her. The character could be “top tier” but if I don’t like the character itself, I can’t bring myself to use it. I should have chosen B!Ike instead. As for CYL2, if there’s another free pick, I’ll just pick Veronica. 

I did the same thing since she was a fancy new unit type and OP, but I regret it now too. She was helpful to have for a few months, but I should have gone with my heart and picked Lucina, since I failed to pull her on the banner and sill never got one to this day. Meanwhile, I did get a second B Lyn on the first Legendary banner which felt like a punch in the face. I've got to resist picking units just because they're good, since collecting favorites is my real priority with this game.

I'm so glad I didn't pull for L Hector last month, even though pretty much that whole banner would have been great for me. I was anticipating if they'd do summer Cordelia and/or Camilla, and of course we got both. Now those were 2 units I needed, and I'm glad I saved my orbs for them instead.

Before I went for Brave Lyn, I wanted one but also wanted to avoid colorless hell; and I pulled for a good Ike.

I sadly haven’t pulled a Roy yet, while my Lucinas were both -ATK, neither were from that banner.

Before I went for Brave Lyn, I wanted one but also wanted to avoid colorless hell; and I pulled for a good Ike.

I sadly haven’t pulled a Roy yet, while my Lucinas were both -ATK, neither were from that banner.

41 minutes ago, Glennstavos said:

so is there a pattern for when 2x bonuses appear in Forging Bonds? Do I just keep checking back every four hours for opportunities to burn some stamina pots?

Each day has four 6-hour "rounds". So far, it seems that there's either one 2x round and three 1x ones, or two 1.5x rounds and two 1x ones, but no pattern as to when in the day they appear. I think the two types of days might be alternating: 2x on odd-numbered days, 1.5x on even-numbered ones.

I went for Lyn as my free brave pick because I actually like her. That she proved to be a great unit was a nice bonus. Since, I’ve also got a Brave Lucina and four Brave Ikes.

Went for Brave Lyn as my pick because I was dreading colorless hell at the time. Eventually, I was able to get all four of the CYL Heroes, and a few more duplicates on them. All Legendary CYL Ikes have been pwned off for Steady Breath though XD

Edited by Karimlan

Obviously, I picked Ike because I didn't care about anybody else on the first CYL banner. I just wanted him and that was it. I pulled Lyn later on from a legendary banner though, and I admit she's very good. I don't use her much though.

Karimlan, legendary Ike doesn't have Steady Breath...? That's CYL Ike. Legendary Ike has Warding Breath.

Edited by Anacybele

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Karimlan, legendary Ike doesn't have Steady Breath...? That's CYL Ike. Legendary Ike has Warding Breath.

Yup, brain fart. Thanks! XD

I went Brave Lyn for the practical choice since she was unique back then and wanted to avoid colourless hell.

Never summoned any Brave Hero in my main during their banner. In my second account i did get Ike in the first two sessions at least.

i only summoned Brave Lyn once after the free one and that was in my second account in F Grima’s legendary banner. She turned out to be -Atk.

my first actual proper summon of a Brave hero in my main was this year’s Hero Fest 3 as a Brave Ike (again i managed to summon two). Also summoned a +Atk/-Res brave Ike in my second in the last legendary banner.

so far haven’t seen Lucina or Roy yet, despite trying for Lucina in a legendary banner.

9 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You don’t even play the game.

Well I want to, so any banner that stands in the way of one that will is annoying. But of course, my later statements debunked any reason to dislike the legendaries.

I deserved this bite, thank you. And don't get the wrong impression, that is meant with not a drop of sarcasm, I deserved to be criticized. I'm not so arrogant as to not see when I may have misspoke.

That was the result of being a in between new banner/update "lull" when there is a lot of activity and stuff to talk about, and me wanting to contribute something here, but not having anything really to contribute. I need to spend less time on this particular forum in the "off" periods. 

Of course, even when I do join, I'm not sure if I'll start actually saying more than I already do. Since I'll be ignoring the plot, the VAs, the artists, pulling on most banners, and I right now have very little interest in getting caught up in the gameplay minutiae of matchups and skills and BSTs and other junk.

I picked Lyn for my free CYL pick because she was the one I liked the best and has helped me clear many maps.  I managed to pull every CYL1 heroes eventually, though Roy took months and he ended up being my second most used because I love cav teams.  I am choosing Hector for my free pick since he is a myth in my account and I want one Hector since he is my favorite lord.

Picked Lyn and never regretted it, and I got the other Brave heroes on their debut banner too.

After that, Lyn appeared on other banners where she appeared too. Lucina was an oddly common pitybreaker for a period of time. I only got a spare Ike once, which was the last Legendary banner. As for Roy? Well... he’s been holding out ever since. 

I picked Lucina for her buffing potential because I was forced to pick from 4 characters I didn't care about.

She has been very useful for a few ghb's and Bhb's when my team was super weird but in retrospect I wish I had picked Ike for more steady breath fodder.

Edited by Mackc2

My original post somehow went through again, so ummm I guess I’ll say I’ll pick Celica, followed by Hector, Veronica, and lastly Ephraim.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

I was trying to decide between Brave Roy and Brave Ike for my free pull, but I think what I actually did was do a few summons on the banner first to see if I got any of them.

Wise decision, too, because I pulled two Brave Ikes in the first two summoning sessions (if I recall correctly) and picked Brave Roy for my free summon. And because Brave Roy was the last Brave Hero I actually got from the summoning pool (and he was -atk), I think I made a good choice.

iirc, there was a banner running at the time that had vanilla 'Cina on it, and i vowed that if i pulled her i would choose Brave Lucina as my freebie to complete the Lucina Emblem. i'm pretty sure she came as my freebie pull on that banner, and the deal was sealed. aaaand to this day i have never managed to pull another Brave unit, unfortunate since all the other Brave kiddos were more appealing to me 8') no regrets, all the Lucina selfcest supports were worth it, self care man, self care

8 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

iirc, there was a banner running at the time that had vanilla 'Cina on it, and i vowed that if i pulled her i would choose Brave Lucina as my freebie to complete the Lucina Emblem. i'm pretty sure she came as my freebie pull on that banner, and the deal was sealed. aaaand to this day i have never managed to pull another Brave unit, unfortunate since all the other Brave kiddos were more appealing to me 8') no regrets, all the Lucina selfcest supports were worth it, self care man, self care

I pulled Lancina after choosing lyn as freebie, then pulled a random brave lyn a second time!

I'm only missing spring Lucina for Lucina emblem bwahwhwhshwhahwhwhwhawhah

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I pulled Lancina after choosing lyn as freebie, then pulled a random brave lyn a second time!

I'm only missing spring Lucina for Lucina emblem bwahwhwhshwhahwhwhwhawhah

them pulls TASTY
Buncina on next Legendary Banner or bust, i cannot bear for you to be deprived of the true power that is Lucina Emblem [works not cited] 

speaking of Lucina, i wonder if they'll release another variant of her anytime soon. is IS willing to pull another Lyn situation, what with 4 alts/seasonals? i feel like they got a good bit of flack from that even from the folks who like Lyn, though my only exposure is this forum.

I picked Lyn and won't regret it. I still use her, somehow, with her original set. I even got like 2 of her as pity breaker, one was merged and the other one was used as SI fodder for Swift Sparrow 2.

This time around I want to pick Veronica because of her being a unique character.

On another note, I want to give Distant Def 3 to Leo, but won't be willing to pay orbs on the banner. I have a +Spd -Def Rhajat since her appearance and I'm wondering if it's worth sacrificing her? I have +Spd -Atk Sonya with Fury which is basically her with extra res, Julia, Nino, Merric and Soren. While on the red cav side, there's only Eirika and Leo which play different roles.

I mean I would have picked Lyn anyway but the RNG in the year that's followed has vindicated the choice anyway. From actual pulls since they've been added, I've gotten two each of Roy and Lucina, and one Ike, zero Lyns.

In terms of character, I probably favour the boys over the girls in CYL2, mainly because Celica is a personality type that I don't like, and Veronica is just a nonsense OC villain. However if Hector comes with Armads again or Ephraim with Siegmund again, I will reverse that position because I'm terribly bored of those.