Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

9 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

However, I guess it really doesn't help that Lyn's the only "special" one who got to fill out the entire weapon triangle+colorless in addition to being the first (and currently only) to wield a new weapon type. Even counting all of male and female Robin's alts as one doesn't give them a complete weapon triangle since there is no red ... strangely enough. So I think it's annoying that a bunch of characters are getting alts when so many characters aren't in the game. I was cranky about Eirika, Reinhardt, and Olwen getting alts and not only was it only their second alt, but I actually like them. But Lyn just seems to have an additional layer of "favoritism".

Yeah, Lyn does seem to be getting preferential treatment when compared to everyone else. I certainly won't deny that. Her CYL version can at least be excused since she was 2nd place overall after combining Ike's totals 1st place overall in that but not so much every and anything past that, as those are all entirely decisions made by IS with no type of input from us.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

I guess no one took notice or cared since that was only Takumi's second alt, in addition to Hoshido being neglected for quite a while in regards to alts.

Can I speculate it might also have to do with Takumi's maleness? If a unit is female and it has alts galore, accusations of fanservice get thrown at it right away.

Takumi doesn't quite get these thrown at him, I mean he is acknowledged as fanservice for heterosexual females. Why this very site had on its homepage last week news about a full fanbook on Takumi (and Leo, who is two alts behind) no doubt motivated by this.

Straight women are allowed to fanservice (as are LGBTQs of course), I would assume due to being the historically underprivileged and biased against sex. With video gaming to varying, debatable extents, still being dominated by heterosexual male interests, including what constitutes the bulk of fanservice in gaming. 

Related to this, if a female likes fanservice, it's harmless fun that does not negatively affect society or reflect on the individual.

If a male likes fanservice, incel, otaku, women objectifier, and pedophile are all imaginable labels for them, and none of these epithets are good for society and should thus be stamped out. Well most people aren't this quick to judge individuals of whom they know little, but when judging the mass, things may differ and harsh prejudgements might made.

Should we condone or tolerate fanservice equally on both sides, either burning Altakumi alive, or freeing Camilla/Lyn from accusations? I'm not quite sure and won't answer this right here.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer
Struck through babble that shouldn't be taken seriously on third thought.

Am I right to assume that even with the new incoming skill sets we will still not be able to set a build used solely on defense teams, as in having the freedom to use the units with other skills than the optimal ones designated for defense purposes? I guess it will be easier to swap the sets out, but I'd love a feature to just set it and not have to worry about it while doing anything else (I already sent feedback long ago about this). I might be alone with this wish, though.

Also, out of curiosity, how are our resident whales preparing for the upcoming arena changes? Are they gonna build three buffbot-armors to make it easier for the bonus unit to kill stuff? I know I won't give a damn about it for now, but maybe someday I'll be a T 20,5 user.... in the far future (I ain't gonna build +10 armors, especially not characters I don't care for, so maybe never, now that I think about it. :P)

For the record, the closest two versions of the same character have been released to each other is actually Xander, his Spring variant being released on March 30, and his regular version was released 33 days later on his GHB, on May 2nd.

2 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

I've been complaining plenty about having four Chroms, four Camillas, and four Takumis. People complained about the three Tharjas, too. There are people who have complained about it who are not me. That said, I don't recall their variants being so close to one another as Lyn's legendary and Valentine's alt, nor did any of them get a brand new weapon type that so far is unique just to them.

You should watch how loosely you throw the word hypocrite around, especially if you don't do your research.

Yeah, this post 100%. I complain about all the Chroms and Camillas too. I also think Ryoma or Hinoka should've been in the summer banner rather than Takumi. And I also dislike the Tharjas and Hectors we got. I despise Tharja enough, but her alts aren't even that interesting since they're ALL red tome users, though one being an armor while the other two are infantry is something. Hector's got the same issue being all axe armors with Armads. Though that said, I do admit that his legendary version is really good and has helped my armor team a lot. I just think LA Hector at least should've been something different.

Edited by Anacybele

It will be nice to have some new Team Slots to work with.

All 5 will probably be dedicated to Horse and Flier teams.  We've been getting tons of new Greens Cavs lately, so they're no longer the limiting factor they once were.  I need to dust of the spreadsheet I made a while back to see how to make a couple more teams.  I should also figure out who to support together.

I can live with fanservice, I use Bunnilla, S!Corrin and S!Tana because of their unit type and their art is decent.  Seasonal banners are fine to have alts on since they are limited, but the alts on regular banners are really bugging me and I wish they would go away.  Alt Erika was not needed to sell her banner Myrrh would have done that easy because first flying dragon, Michaiah would have carried her banner with her tome as a armor and cav check, and so on with most of the new heroes added to the general pool this year.  I have sent feedback to IS and I keep doing so.  The only good thing I can say is at least they added 3 new heroes to the general pool on the last new banner because only two a month is pretty bad.  I really think IS pulled out the alts too early when there are so many fairly popular units they could add to the game instead.  I keep hoping for more ax units since they are pretty rare, it took them over 6 months between adding an ax unit to the general pool.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Should we condone or tolerate fanservice equally on both sides...

In all honesty, the ramblings that preceded this quote add gravitas to your argument, and ought to not have been struck through in the first place. But that's me already. Plainly put: sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander. I don't mind having four of the five Lyns (yup, I lack the Sword Lord, err, Lady) any more than Tak-tak (or whatever term of endearment he gets) being less edgy in his current incarnation. IS will ensure it offers what's best for buzz, and buzz oftentimes leads to business (see "Controversy Creates Cash" by Eric Bischoff).

@Xenomata: if I'm not working on a Caeda merge project, I would promote him already xD

Edited by Karimlan

8 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

SO ANYWAYS, Walhart in just a few more hours, eh? Anyone else holding onto feathers for him? I sure am!

I got nearly double than I need (38,813) ready for him. Now if they just give us a Jedah GHB with the next Echoes banner, I'd be able to have an all-Richard Epcar team.

As for the actual GHB, I'll be surprised if it isn't a reinforcement map and a bit disappointed if there isn't an axe knight and a red mage among the initial enemies. I may also be cheeky and take Alm along just so that he can set his descendant right.

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

SO ANYWAYS, Walhart in just a few more hours, eh? Anyone else holding onto feathers for him? I sure am!

All of my feathers are going towards Sheena at the moment. I am looking forward to PM1's theme battle, those are always a pleasant to watch and he's using Valentian units instead of Awakening. Btw, who else feels that Walhart's art is too stiff? It's impressive to look at but it's execution just falls flat.

2 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

All of my feathers are going towards Sheena at the moment. I am looking forward to PM1's theme battle, those are always a pleasant to watch and he's using Valentian units instead of Awakening. Btw, who else feels that Walhart's art is too stiff? It's impressive to look at but it's execution just falls flat.

Ah, Phoenixmaster1... I did used to watch his stuff, but then I just... didn't. Don't know why, maybe because I used to not know crap about FEH, but now I'm a little more confident in my knowledge to not need to watch his stuff anymore...?

I dunno about stiffness in Walhart though. I mean, it's not like he's the type to go out and make anime poses every time he swings his axe, like some other units.

19 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

As for the actual GHB, I'll be surprised if it isn't a reinforcement map and a bit disappointed if there isn't an axe knight and a red mage among the initial enemies. I may also be cheeky and take Alm along just so that he can set his descendant right.

Is it based off the final battle in Castle Valm? I'd have thought it'd be based off the battle at the graveyard, since that's when you recruit him...

Just now, Xenomata said:

Is it based off the final battle in Castle Valm? I'd have thought it'd be based off the battle at the graveyard, since that's when you recruit him...

I assume that this will be his map [DATAMINE]:

Spoiler

KAFnEq5.png

So yeah, Valm Castle.

9 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I personally prefer Brotel's guides, because I like to keep my seals unupgraded. 

4 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Ah, Phoenixmaster1... I did used to watch his stuff, but then I just... didn't. Don't know why, maybe because I used to not know crap about FEH, but now I'm a little more confident in my knowledge to not need to watch his stuff anymore...?

I dunno about stiffness in Walhart though. I mean, it's not like he's the type to go out and make anime poses every time he swings his axe, like some other units.

I don't watch as much either, just the occasional theme battle. I'll probably watch him more once Three Houses comes out since I like watching people games. Walhart looks like a statue to me, you can stand up without looking like marble. It just feels incredibly unnatural to look at.

6 minutes ago, DraceEmpressa said:

I personally prefer Brotel's guides, because I like to keep my seals unupgraded. 

Oh Brotel is nice to watch every now and then. 

34 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I assume that this will be his map [DATAMINE]:

Valm Castle? For some reason, I preferred the battle outside the castle to the one inside, and both to the ginormous graveyard gala of ghouls. Partly I think its because the first battle with Walhart kinda undoes the magic of the second battle with him. Seeing how you've already done him in once, doing him again in the next fight with little more than a change of weapon made it not so special. And while technically, the Valm indoors battle was better designed (albeit not by much), me having to open all the chests far away made the battle go on a good bit longer than the first, which worked against it for me.

I also pity that Walhart didn't get his castle's actual interior. I remember the Oliver GHB map lacked any of those luxurious red carpets which covered his manor, that too was a miss, but oh well.

27 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

Walhart looks like a statue to me, you can stand up without looking like marble. It just feels incredibly unnatural to look at.

It reminds me of old Shin Megami Tensei bosses, and by old I mean like SMTI:

Spoiler

Niou SMTゴトウ

If you can see their eyes, theirs' like that of pretty much all bosses, would rapidly flicker white throughout the battle. This being done to add to how menacing they are, by having it as though their eyes were piercing, with overflowing evil and drive, into your soul.

Walhart has a similar pose, and you could easily see his eyes flickering.

Walhart-300x271.png

Why Kaneko, when he updated Gotoh's artwork years later, chose to keep his eyes just as menacing as they were in-game.

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/megamitensei/images/0/04/SMTGotou-KWV3-2.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20090720204818

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

9 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I also pity that Walhart didn't get his castle's actual interior. I remember the Oliver GHB map lacked any of those luxurious red carpets which covered his manor, that too was a miss, but oh well.

Yeah, Anankumi got the proper aesthetics for his map...though I'm 100% sure that was only because the assets for it were already there from the New Year's mini Tempest the month before. I guess IS can't be assed to make unique assets just for a GHB.

2 hours ago, Jave said:

For the record, the closest two versions of the same character have been released to each other is actually Xander, his Spring variant being released on March 30, and his regular version was released 33 days later on his GHB, on May 2nd.

Oh, right, speaking of Xander. I raged when he got a summer alt right after getting a spring alt. That guy was the original "preferential treatment" character, the first two have two alts and being a different color. It might be a while until we get a colorless Xander, though.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Never cared about Lobster Sr. Him bringing 2k (and then 5k more) will be more important for me than himself.

My barracks is full and I'm too lazy to clean up so he'll have to wait a few days. No point levelling him up until the double XP/SP event starts during the week anyway.

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

I am saving some feathers to promote Walhart but that's because I want to have Chill Def fodder ready in case a new unit that I like wants it. I may farm HM with him in the meantime, but he's 100% fodder.

A lot of responses to what I said so I'll answer it in one post.

-There were alts of same character released in a shorter amount of time.

-Colorless dragon was even more hyped than colored bows.  So who got to debut this exciting new weapon that was the talk of the fire emblem heroes for an entire month?  Was it Dheginsea?  Naga?  Duma?  Something actually new and exciting?  No, it was a boring alt of Grima, or Robin whatever you prefer.  Not to mention that Male grima was shortly before debuting as the first armor dragon (and still only) in the game.  So can't really get upset about Lyn debuting colored bows (which suck BTW, unlike colorless breath).

-Camilla can form an even better emblem team than Lyn.  All fliers, NY Camilla (Sword), Summer Camilla (Blue tome and she even comes with the super rare Hone Fliers), Camilla original (refined axe is crazy on flier teams), and Spring Camilla (Green tome).  So the nicely thought about color distribution isn't really an excuse either.

-There has been general hate towards some of these alts, but nothing close to what Lyn has gotten. The only explanation is bias.  

- As for people upset that this or that new character that they like isn't getting in, well then you should be hating all alts, like I do.  If you are upset that your personal favorite isn't getting as many alts as some other character, well maybe you should concern yourself with the many people whose favorite character isn't even in the game at all.