Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Nino: just use her, probably have her built up already.

Robin: Give him TA3 and Swordbreaker, reset Training Tower til one of the Lunatic Stratums have 5 units consisting of swords, Red Tomes, and Colorless units.

Wrys: Bring two units with Pain+ and Savage Blow, Savage Blow SS optional but prefered, and a Dancer, then have the two of them weaken the enemy til they only have 1 HP, then make sure Wrys is slightly buffed in Attack because if you are like me you're just using the -Atk Wrys you've been saving for a rainy day, and proceed to poke the weakened foe. But immediately reset if you see a unit with 33 Res or more, an A passive that boosts Res when being attacked, or Dull Ranged, because then it's just a waste of time trying to kill them with Wrys.

Someone at IS knows exactly how we like our units and trolled us with Wrys... also, can we get Three Heroes with rewards being Accessories based on the chosen heroes? Like, Robin could be his cloaks hood, Nino could be her hairband, and Wrys could give a Vulnerary to sit on the players head.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria Still with your boy Alfonse? I hope you ranked well

First round, I ranked pretty modestly. I was happy with my feather gain. Second round, I was on team Anna for the second time, and it was pretty miserable, but I ranked #1 which helped make up for it.

Thanks to GC, the gardens, and a lot of HM grinding, I managed to get enough feathers to finish my latest merge project. My harem officially has a mom to keep things in order:

Spoiler

nF6kWfF.png?1

My next two merge projects will likely be red since I'm kind of hurting for those. At the moment, I could technically do Caeda...but I'd really like to complete either Eirika or Soleil... I'll just have to see how my summons go between now and 200k feathers.

So what is everyone's prediction for the upcoming seasonal banner? Even though I'd rather other games got some more attention, I'm expecting a yukata banner with Awakening and Fates units on them, since the garb has been featured in both games' DLC. Owain and Severa both lack alts in spite of some popularity, Oboro is a Hoshidan fashionista, and both Ophelia and Nina have worn yukata in the DLC as well. I could see any of them appearing, or a non-shapeshifting Selkie due to her apparent popularity and kitsune-ness.

Aaand I gone done it now.

Killer Lance+, which will become a Defense refined Slaying Lance. Bonfire. Fury 3. These were the skills passed on to a certain unit. Care to guess who it is I promoted to 5*? Here's a hint, it's someone who I've promoted many times before, but others may not find any strong reason to.

Edited by Xenomata

56 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

Aaand I gone done it now.

Killer Lance+, which will become a Defense refined Slaying Lance. Bonfire. Fury 3. These were the skills passed on to a certain unit. Care to guess who it is I promoted to 5*? Here's a hint, it's someone who I've promoted many times before, but others may not find any strong reason to.

Congratulations on that Florina~!  :P:

2 hours ago, Xenomata said:

Wrys: Bring two units with Pain+ and Savage Blow, Savage Blow SS optional but prefered, and a Dancer, then have the two of them weaken the enemy til they only have 1 HP, then make sure Wrys is slightly buffed in Attack because if you are like me you're just using the -Atk Wrys you've been saving for a rainy day, and proceed to poke the weakened foe. But immediately reset if you see a unit with 33 Res or more, an A passive that boosts Res when being attacked, or Dull Ranged, because then it's just a waste of time trying to kill them with Wrys.

That's extreme,  just bring two max-leveled dancers and reset the training tower until you  got at least one armor on stratum 8 , dance  Wrys until he kills the armor and let the dancers  kill the rest. Can be done with Wrys only have assault. 

I find it funny how prior to the previous GC Team Anna avoided me like the plague, and now I’m on Team Anna three times in a row. Go figure. 

Well it seems my prediction that I wouldn't get all the Forging Bond rewards was off. I just now squeeked it out. I think I saw 3 1.5x and 1 2x during the entire run. The rest was 1x grinding. That 2x other day is where the bulk of points came from. Also are we sure it is only 2x? I kept seeing stuff like 158 during the 2x hour and normally I would only get like 50-60. Well anyways, I am just glad that is done. Felt more like a chore than anything else.

6 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

I just noticed this Winter Tharja in one of my brigades

Reveal hidden contents

Yn6CImB.jpg

I was so appalled by this that I just had to find out who the hell had the nerve of putting weaponless units during a GC.

Reveal hidden contents

F2TkO10.jpg

She was my own unit. I was so embarrassed. I got all worked up ready to purge whoever this user was from my friend list and it’s just me.

This gave me a good laugh xD We've all made mistakes like that (mine was forgetting to re-equip my Lyon and trying to put him out to beat a Bow Lyn in AA... that was fun).

The thought of having to try and purge yourself from your friends list is amusing me, though :) 

4 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I kind of noticed that as well. It seems like whoever does 'well' on the first day ends up crashing and burning towards the end of day 2. Though I guess with the new ranking system you can still aim to get a good individual rank if you are not available to play the last few rounds of the match. In both matches so far I have seen the top person on my team stay at number one the entire time though I guess both of them must have used all their lances and getting perfects on the highest difficulty.

Also, yeah I know that I at least helped build up enough points to cause knockouts in two of Anna's areas while my other teammates caused a knockout on one area owned by Alfonse's team which let us fight and accumulate points in more areas.

It may be selfish, but I no longer care when I burn all my lances, since I'm more afraid of not being able to use them up. I tend to only care about my personal ranking and my tiering, now, so I use all my lances as soon as I get them and then just sit the rest of GC out... I really hate this mode, though...

3 hours ago, Thane said:

So what is everyone's prediction for the upcoming seasonal banner? Even though I'd rather other games got some more attention, I'm expecting a yukata banner with Awakening and Fates units on them, since the garb has been featured in both games' DLC. Owain and Severa both lack alts in spite of some popularity, Oboro is a Hoshidan fashionista, and both Ophelia and Nina have worn yukata in the DLC as well. I could see any of them appearing, or a non-shapeshifting Selkie due to her apparent popularity and kitsune-ness.

Yukatas do seem likely to me, both due to being cost-efficient due to already having some people in them on paper, which the Summer Seasonal banners have done before.

Now what I'd want is another story (not that I do Seasonals), an unlikely one though. I want a camping theme, since summer is still present and it's the time of year for a lot of camping. Somebody can get a bug-catching net as an Axe, maybe on the back of a wyvern or something so no insect is out of reach for them. For an Armor unit, maybe someone who refuses to come out of their sleeping bag, not sure about their weapon though. The American thing of smores I'm pretty sure wouldn't exist elsewhere, but some form of campfire reference, perhaps a Red Tome called "Matchbox", would be wonderful. Hiking would be another thing to include, but what kind of weapon a hiker would get, I don't know, but a walking stick could be a Staff or Lance.

I'd also be fine with a Sports banner. For some reason, Lyn and Florina on a non-American Football team sticks in my head. Basketball, Tennis, and Cycling with it should form a good team of four well-known international sports.

14 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'd also be fine with a Sports banner. For some reason, Lyn and Florina on a non-American Football team sticks in my head. Basketball, Tennis, and Cycling with it should form a good team of four well-known international sports.

So I’m not the only one who thought of this. This is something that stuck in my mind for the past couple months. I thought good reps would be baseball (that’s a lock if this ever happens because of huge it is in Japan), tennis, volleyball, and soccer. Maybe throw in a cheerleader who could operate as a dancer. Personally I’d love something like, say, Katarina in tennis attire or Marth dressed up for baseball. Plus just imagine all the potentially hilarious special quotes this could spawn. “Prepare to be served!” “What unsportsmanlike conduct!” and so forth.

Not sure where this could fit in though aside from the summer where swimsuits rule the season. Perhaps maybe when the 2020 Olympics occur (which Japan happens to host), but we’d have to bank on Heroes being successful for another two years.

38 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I think this is harder to make in a Fire Emblem setting. Don't get me wrong they don't care much about that at all, but I feel like it's easier to come up with an Elibean Valentines than saying they've all got baseball. Not that it wouldn't be sick though.

5 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I swear to god, if they release another summer banner with even more characters I'd like to summon, I'm gonna need a bucket and lid to scream into...

Well it'll be a summer banner but it'll most likely not be beach themed. 

14 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

So I’m not the only one who thought of this. This is something that stuck in my mind for the past couple months. I thought good reps would be baseball (that’s a lock if this ever happens because of huge it is in Japan), tennis, volleyball, and soccer. Maybe throw in a cheerleader who could operate as a dancer. Personally I’d love something like, say, Katarina in tennis attire or Marth dressed up for baseball. Plus just imagine all the potentially hilarious special quotes this could spawn. “Prepare to be served!” “What unsportsmanlike conduct!” and so forth.

Not sure where this could fit in though aside from the summer where swimsuits rule the season. Perhaps maybe when the 2020 Olympics occur (which Japan happens to host), but we’d have to bank on Heroes being successful for another two years.

...You just made me picture Seth saying "I admire your sportsmanship." before he kills people with a tennis ball.

Seriously though, logical issue of how they have baseball/soccer/football/volleyball/tennis/insert-sport-here in FE-landia aside, I'd like to see this... though I'm not sure which games they might use, or what effects the seasonal weapons could have. But no matter which games get alts this time around, Baseball Walhart needs to be in there somewhere. He already has the outfit.

Although, if we get a sports seasonal banner in the summer... does that mean we could get a winter sports seasonal banner in December? Because I'd like that. Better than a second not-Christmas banner, IMO.

Do we know what the next special banner is supposed to be yet?  A sports banner would be a bit atmosphere breaking.  The holiday banners in general mostly are, but that would seem especially so.

Although if we do get a Baseball banner, I want Nolan!  They could have him be a dagger unit that throws baseballs at people and be #34 for Nolan Ryan.

If it's a Yukata themed banner, I suppose we might have the debut of Kinshi Sakura. It just would be too odd for them to release all the Kinshi alts for her older siblings in close succession and leave her out of the fun or on a longer backburner. Oboro might be a good choice for a second unit, but they'll probably go with a Nohrian and have someone like Selena (although she is only Nohrian by technicality) or maybe Ophelia or Nina. As for the rest of the banner, i'd hope it's not Awakening. Tellius does deserve it's rep, and I am sure people would pay loads of cash for Ike in a yukata.  

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I've heard these games are made with the expectancy of lasting for five years on average. It sounds possible (and given the last Summer Olympics ended partly with a little Mario bit, Ninty should be in the opening ceremony). And in which case, the Olympics banner should rearrange the orbs from a pentagram into the Olympic ring formation. Always with one orb for each color, and the fifth is special and can summon a unit of any color/colorless.

2 hours ago, SilvertheShadow said:

or Marth dressed up for baseball.

Now this sounds like it'd be just made for Japan. Baseball + Marth the lord they love = perfect! They might as well place the Japanese flag on his hat or shirt while they're at it. Ike, Lyn or Arthur (because he seems so old comic superhero) can get the American flag slapped on them to compensate.

1 hour ago, ILikeKirbys said:

...You just made me picture Seth saying "I admire your sportsmanship." before he kills people with a tennis ball.

Sounds funny! Of course they'd have to have all the classic tennis grunting too. Or is Seth too polite for that, while still packing all the power that those grunts symbolize?

54 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Although, if we get a sports seasonal banner in the summer... does that mean we could get a winter sports seasonal banner in December? Because I'd like that. Better than a second not-Christmas banner, IMO.

Flora figure skating, a burly guy for ice hockey (Ike? Frederick? Arthur?), a Lance user on skis, and maybe as a "Horse" unit someone bobsledding. 

And I'm perfectly fine with immersion/atmosphere breakage. Since I want the TMS crew in, and although I want them in Carnage Forms, which are pretty fantasy-like, they ultimately break any form of immersion due to being from modern Tokyo.

That, and I loved Bravely Second's artwork for trying to sell the player SP Potions. Despite the fact that they were in their own slight way immersion-breaking there.

58 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Although if we do get a Baseball banner, I want Nolan!  They could have him be a dagger unit that throws baseballs at people and be #34 for Nolan Ryan.

Make Ryan his personal ball boy or protégée, and then we’d be set.

Not that it would be likely even if they do a sports banner, but I do find the idea of Brady trying to pass himself off as Tom Brady humorous and Eliwood as Eli Manning would be fitting in more ways than one.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Eliwood as Eli Manning would be fitting in more ways than one.

Lol, this gave me a chuckle. Though unfortunately I doubt anything related to (American) football will ever in Heroes due to Japan’s overall indifference to the sport. Basketball and hockey will likely be ignored too for similar reasons. 

For sports that could be represented, baseball would be all but guaranteed plus fairly easy to implement. After all, baseball bats can be used as weapons and it could easily be made into a sword or even axe. Tennis is fairly popular there too (plus it can give an excuse to drop one of the females into a miniskirt), and it could act as a dagger. Soccer would make sense due to the international recognition it has, though since it’s hard for me to see people bludgeon each other with balls I think it could be tome or something. Volleyball can work the same way as it could be tome-ified. Golf, as lame as it is, actually could work as the club could operate as an axe. Lastly, for some eye-winking, throw in a cheerleader for some dancing shenanigans. Excuse me while I send feedback to IS.

Edited by SilvertheShadow

7 hours ago, DraceEmpressa said:

That's extreme,  just bring two max-leveled dancers and reset the training tower until you  got at least one armor on stratum 8 , dance  Wrys until he kills the armor and let the dancers  kill the rest. Can be done with Wrys only have assault. 

Yeah, I did mine in a similar fashion, except I brought Robin and Nino along as well so they could knock out their quests in the process too. I just used crystals to level up a 3* Wrys to level 40, and it was fine.

6 hours ago, Usana said:

Well it seems my prediction that I wouldn't get all the Forging Bond rewards was off. I just now squeeked it out. I think I saw 3 1.5x and 1 2x during the entire run. The rest was 1x grinding. That 2x other day is where the bulk of points came from. Also are we sure it is only 2x? I kept seeing stuff like 158 during the 2x hour and normally I would only get like 50-60. Well anyways, I am just glad that is done. Felt more like a chore than anything else.

Nice! Glad to see you managed to get everything. I'm glad that they capped the amount for each person, so that it didn't turn into an RNG grind nightmare. Imagine how much fun it would be if the bonds kept going after the max had been reached! As for the max multiplier, yeah, it's 2x, just sometimes one gets lucky with the drops.

3 hours ago, Rezzy said:

Do we know what the next special banner is supposed to be yet?  A sports banner would be a bit atmosphere breaking.  The holiday banners in general mostly are, but that would seem especially so.

I don't think we do. And I agree, a sports banner would be even more atmosphere breaking, even more so than the holiday banners. That would put them in distinctly modern dress, as compared with the holiday banners, where one could argue that the clothes are not completely beyond what's conceivable in a medieval fantasy setting. Likewise, I hope they never do a school banner either.

10 hours ago, NSSKG151 said:

I kind of noticed that as well. It seems like whoever does 'well' on the first day ends up crashing and burning towards the end of day 2. Though I guess with the new ranking system you can still aim to get a good individual rank if you are not available to play the last few rounds of the match. In both matches so far I have seen the top person on my team stay at number one the entire time though I guess both of them must have used all their lances and getting perfects on the highest difficulty.

Also, yeah I know that I at least helped build up enough points to cause knockouts in two of Anna's areas while my other teammates caused a knockout on one area owned by Alfonse's team which let us fight and accumulate points in more areas.

Hmm... in mine, the highest ranked people fall very quickly-- they're just burning through either to get it out of the way, or perhaps they like seeing their name at #1 even though it won't last (though at least unlike VG, that's not a hard truth). I personally only use my lances near the end because the stamina recharges alone can add up to like 96,000 points if you maximize it, and for the obvious "I want to actually take some areas" thing. Yet, I haven't been on a team with anyone else who can consistently win at the highest difficulty, so I've been able to rank #3 with only using 9 lances in the first two battles combined. I may have to use some much sooner this time, if only because the final rounds of battle 3 are always so chaotic with everyone burning lances and causing an extreme number of knockouts.

I think one of the most frustrating things is when your team does little to nothing to defend against a knockout, especially when it leads to subsequent knockouts that cut through your otherwise safe areas.