Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Robin and Lucina aren't excluded though? Lucina's an Echo Fighter, but still in the game and Robin is their own fighter. Chrom's just an additional.

That wasn't what he was saying. His point was that trailer specifically made it clear that Chrom would not be playable in Smash Wii U / 3DS.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

24 minutes ago, silverserpent said:

Robin and Lucina aren't excluded though? Lucina's an Echo Fighter, but still in the game and Robin is their own fighter. Chrom's just an additional.

I... never said that?

Lucina and Robin were revealed in the original Smash 4 trailer, while Chrom was there as well, but more or less designated to being in Robin's Final Smash.

And then EVERYONE IS HERE, which includes Lucina and Robin, and now in today's Smash Direct Chrom was confirmed playable.

When are we expected to get our update? I'm not sure if it's been announced or not. The optimist in me is thinking that it's slated for later today. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow. I'm kind of excited to play around with refines... 

7 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

When are we expected to get our update? I'm not sure if it's been announced or not. The optimist in me is thinking that it's slated for later today. But I also wouldn't be surprised if it was tomorrow. I'm kind of excited to play around with refines... 

They did say early August so tomorrow would be appropriate. I'm most looking forward to skill set assignments and possibly new seals found in the datamine.

11 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

They did say early August so tomorrow would be appropriate. I'm most looking forward to skill set assignments and possibly new seals found in the datamine.

19 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I think once we are over a week in, it is no longer early August, but mid August.

3 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I think once we are over a week in, it is no longer early August, but mid August.

I demand compensation orbs for them not making good on their promise.

12 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I figure the best time to do it would be with the addition of the seasonal heroes since Arena changes are gonna happen for next season. I just want it to happen sooner rather than later. I'm a little interested in the double favoriting system as well. That might be fun to play with.

7 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

It's still early enough August for me, so I'm not complaining. If they waited until right before the new Arena season to do it, I might have a thing or two to say...

20 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

I demand compensation orbs for them not making good on their promise.

15 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I figure the best time to do it would be with the addition of the seasonal heroes since Arena changes are gonna happen for next season. I just want it to happen sooner rather than later. I'm a little interested in the double favoriting system as well. That might be fun to play with.

It's still early enough August for me, so I'm not complaining. If they waited until right before the new Arena season to do it, I might have a thing or two to say...

I want the new team slots.  I have way more Horse and Flier teams than fit while keeping a slot for Arena, Tempest, and training.

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I want the new team slots.  I have way more Horse and Flier teams than fit while keeping a slot for Arena, Tempest, and training.

For the longest time I had a Water, Wind, Earth, and Fire team taking up my slots. But now that I think about it, even with only one "blessed team" taking up a slot, I still need more spaces. I tend to keep my spaces full with Arena, AA, Hero Team, Blessed Team (switched out based on the gardens), HM Grind Team (switched out based on the daily map rotation), current Quest Team...and a few others. Can't remember exactly. They'll usually vary based on what events we've got running...

2 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

I'm feeling the squeeze on team space too. Every week is all the teams playing Survivor with the least synergistic team voted off the island the team slot list. Farewell team throwing-together-random-strong-units-makes-me-a-good-tactician, you will be missed.

New team slots are nice, but the selection method isn't. Wish there'd be a two-dimensional selection method instead of just adding more and more teams to scroll through. Say for example team 4 is horses, you scroll horizontally like you do now to select the horse team, but then there'd also be an up-down selection for various other horse teams.

14 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Actually, fun fact, I just realized the update was sitting in the Apple Store. Downloaded it myself, and it looks like the update is live!

Ah, so it is. I wonder how those Arena changes will affect my place in it. I hope I don't drop for not getting enough bonus unit kills.

1 minute ago, NekoKnight said:

Ah, so it is. I wonder how those Arena changes will affect my place in it. I hope I don't drop for not getting enough bonus unit kills.

I think the new Arena will take some adjustments. This is honestly pretty good motivation to really focus on building the Askr trio (+Fjorm) as well as a support based Arena core to make those guys shine just in case you don't have other good bonus units because I do think those bonus unit kills will matter. 

While I appreciate that we can now set skillsets it is a bit annoying that the names of the sets are shared between characters. 

Guess I'll have to with completely generic names instead of doing something for each character. It's not that big of a deal, I'm happy that now I can switch builds for my teams on the fly because I hated having to change the double Rally for Reposition every time a new GHB comes.

As a heads up, Squad Assault #13 is pretty easy. I mean, it kinda has to be if someone of my below-average at best skill level can get it down in one go.

Teams

Spoiler

1-4, Book I (Cain, Abel, Gordin, lance flier)
Vanguard Legend Ike, Glorious Archer Lucina, Marquess of Ostia Hector, Fell Vessel Robin

2-4, Book I (Bewitching Beauty Camilla, Selena, Beruka, lance flier)
Canas, Middle Whitewing Catria, Bewitching Beauty Camilla, Lady of the Lake Azura

3-4, Book I (Bartre, Fir, Shanna, bow fighter)
Obsessive Bride Tharja, Sky-High Dancer Olivia, Sumia, Pale Flower Nino

4-4, Book I (Donnel, Mystery Tactician Robin, bow cavalier, troubadour)
Devoted Monster Jakob, Happy Vampire Henry, Begnion's Apostle Sanaki, Lady of Ballads Azura

5-4, Book I (Palla, Middle Whitewing Catria, Est, axe knight)
Blue Sky Warrior Hinoka, Tropical Beauty Camilla, Thunder's Fist Reinhardt, Inigo

38 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Actually, fun fact, I just realized the update was sitting in the Apple Store. Downloaded it myself, and it looks like the update is live!

I love playing around with the new team slots.  I'm working on pairing everybody up for supports now.

5 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

@Vaximillian She's looking pretty good! Surprisingly bulky...especially with all that HP. Her refine was very kind to her.

61 HP when she’s a bonus, 64 when it’s Fjorm’s season and she’s around, and 68 when the cowards finally add merges to the trio. That’s like Arden! Delicious!

2 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

61 HP when she’s a bonus, 64 when it’s Fjorm’s season and she’s around, and 68 when the cowards finally add merges to the trio. That’s like Arden! Delicious!

You could probably get her to run Panic Ploy with HP like that... I bet that would surprise people!

2 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

You could probably get her to run Panic Ploy with HP like that... I bet that would surprise people!

Do people even run buffs anymore? I thought it’s all spurs and drives now. Then again, bloody Ninos in every single match. I’m fed up with same old Ninos.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Do people even run buffs anymore? I thought it’s all spurs and drives now. Then again, bloody Ninos in every single match. I’m fed up with same old Ninos.

I've run into a lot of Tactics teams actually. They might not be as common as like...Ward+Armor Emblem teams, but when I do meet them, they're a little problematic. I also see my fair share of characters with Panic Ploy. I know I run Drives usually, but I do have dual rallies around just in case. 

3 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I've run into a lot of Tactics teams actually. They might not be as common as like...Ward+Armor Emblem teams, but when I do meet them, they're a little problematic. I also see my fair share of characters with Panic Ploy. I know I run Drives usually, but I do have dual rallies around just in case. 

Ah, tactics. I always forget about these, and then I always curse myself for forgetting about these. Stupid things making stupid Ninos even more obnoxious. A great point, actually. Hmm, maybe I should replace Spur Spd with Panic Ploy indeed.