Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Everyone.

Read this again.

Twice.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to temporary lock this topic so you guys read it.  And so I don't have to give out a bunch of warnings regarding datamining.

Man, I pulled an Eirika yesterday who is +atk -res. I'd promote her in an instant if it weren't for the fact that I'm already attached to my neutral Eirika who was the first Eirika I pulled and the only one that came as a 5-star. But ... +atk is REALLY good for Eirika. What to do.

Times like this makes me wish we could transfer or switch between natures we've already pulled for a unit.

omg i really hope this rumors for a new higher tier difficulty on LHB is true and that it transfers over to GHB battles with reruns of them on that difficulty. I am stoked if this happens!!!! I love hard GHB/LHB battles!

@Zeo I think the first refine sounds the best, this would cement Matthew as one of the best tanks in the game thanks to his high Spd/Def but he'll still be suceptible to specials so he won't be too OP. The third refine sounds a bit underwhelming, although quad buffs/debuffs are nice. And the 2nd is basically Sacae's Blessing+ which is a bit too broken considering how easy it'll be for Matthew to Ignis bomb people. 

Edited by Alexmender

2 hours ago, Zeo said:

I wouldn't see much use in that effect for Matthew in particular. All it would do is improve performance against units Matthew already does well against. Dragons would still roast him and while it would mitigate some damage from DC, it more or less would probably just put him closer to Saizo in the area of physical tanking which isn't much in the long run. I think any of my three refine ideas would help him out more as a unit.

There aren't enough units that Matthew actually does well against. That's a problem.

I think you're underestimating the effect of 30% damage reduction on bulk for a unit that cannot have weapon triangle advantage (and with the increasing prevalence of instant Wrath-boosted Specials in the high Arena). The problem in general with colorless dagger units is that they have abysmally bad first-round performance against common fully built opponents, and really no colorless dagger in the game is exempt from this (not even Saizo or Xander).

Though actually, now that I think about it, the 30% damage reduction really won't be enough. It solves the problem of Distant Counter, but doesn't solve the problem of Quick Riposte. So here's my amendment:

Matthew's Dagger of Some Sort [unique]: 14 Mt, 2 Range. Rogue dagger effect. If foe's Range = 1, reduces damage from foe's first attack by 30%. If unit's HP = 100%, foe cannot make a follow-up attack.

This lets him have a safe first round of combat (except against fast units with Quick Riposte, which are rare), even against opponents running instant Special activation builds, and lets Rogue Dagger's effect carry him afterwards.

Though perhaps we should really first fix daggers as a whole before addressing the issues with individual dagger users because I could imagine some of these effects simply being dagger-exclusive skills instead of needing to be on a weapon.

15 hours ago, Zeo said:

That's literally the build I want for Matthew. What I've wanted from the beginning. Well.. the 2nd build actually. The standard build would swap out the SPD Smoke for either Distant DEF 3 or Flashing Blade for Aether spam. But Seal ATK/SPD is the premiere B skill for him so yeah, that build would be great for S!Frederick especially with CC.

Between the legendary coming, the New Heroes banner and a colored dagger danger banner (which should really be heaven for me honestly) my 17 orbs need to sit down and think so that's what I'll be doing for the time being.

@mampfoid @Alexmender @Ice Dragon @Cute Chao @eclipse @Fei Mao @Glennstavos While we're on the subject of daggers, I want a Prf Rogue Dagger+ for Matthew. One with the Rogue Dagger+ effect buffed up to +7 from +6 and one of the following upgrades.

• if Matt''s DEF > foe's DEF, foe attacks his higher stat out of DEF/RES.
  • If foe uses Sword, Lance, Axe or Dragonstone, foe can't counterattack.
  • After combat, inflicts ATK-6 on foes and ATK+6 to Matt and allies within two spaces,

He can either tank everything, including magic equally well, safely attack DC units and dragons (his biggest weakness) or be granted flexibility in his C and Seal slot and be given even more support usability. There's literally no way to lose with any of these refines.

I think it's an interesting idea, since it fits with his theme of being a spy (attacking people that are unaware and disrupting stuff to support his allies.) Is his weapon effect like firesweep? or windsweep? if he's allowed to double it will help him build up his special charge. Also, if he's attacking someone like Felicia who targets the lowest defensive stat are you going to make Matt's effect take priority? or will her weapon override his effect?

1 minute ago, Fire Emblem Fan said:

So think the trailer will drop tonight?

Nope. Nada. I kept refreshing both the Nintendo mobile YT channel and Heroes website. No trailer, unfortunately.

So think the trailer will drop tonight?

We already passed the time they normally drop (just a few minutes ago), so it’s already a no. Unless they’re reverting back to the method of showing the new trailers when the day resets, which I feel is highly doubtful.

That's weird. Isn't this usually the time trailers for new banners drop? Why the delay, I wonder.

Actually, they most often drop two nights before the banner itself goes live, but sometimes three nights. Also, it's a weekend, maybe they don't want to do it on weekends. I don't think it's happened on weekends much anyway, if at all. So I'm not really that surprised. xP

@Fire Emblem Fan Doesn't look like it. Tomorrow's a safe bet.

@Alexmender The first one is actually my original idea from way back when and I stand by it. He won't be any stronger against 1-range units, but it effectively makes every magic user he fights an archer, which immediately shifts things in his favor and effectively negates one of his biggest if not his biggest weakness. The third may not seem that great, but you have to think about the fact that with that refine in effect, he doesn't have to run either Seal ATK or ATK Smoke in any of his slots. Both of which I have permanently equipped if I'm not running something else in the B slot. This opens up a lot of scary possibilities with his now free slots.

As for 2, it's pretty ridiculous, but less so because of who has the effect in question. There are a few weaknesses here.

1. He hits like a wet noodle before the weapon kicks in.
  2. His biggest weakness, magic users still give him issues.
  3. Specials will eat through his defenses, particularly when boosted by Steady Breath or Wrath, both of which he's guaranteed to activate since there's no chance of him ORKO'ing.
  4. Dragons still run him through.

Though it's true you can do stuff like run Flashing Blade + Ignis or Aether which has easy setup if he doesn't have to worry about a counter. It's potentially pretty oppressive, but hey, at least he's not on a horse!

@Ice Dragon I'm... not sure. It's not bad. The opponent being denied a followup attack on top of the damage reduction to the one attack sounds pretty nice. It even mitigates his biggest weakness: QR Dragons by a margin. Enemy units can't double him at full health either even if they initiate.

Personally... what if we got a bit bold with it?

Ositan Stiletto [Unique]: 14 Mt, 2 Range. Rogue dagger effect. If unit's HP = 100%, foe can't counterattack, but after combat, if unit attacked, deals 5 damage to unit.

This effectively guarantees that Matt can safely activate his tanking abilities. There's no damage reduction, no extra buffs, no adaptive defense and no Sacae's Blessing, but who needs that when you can effectively guarantee an 11 damage reduction with no risk whatsoever (assuming seals/smokes)? This could be broken on other units, but Matthew's damage is so poor there's basically no concern of him KO'ing his opponent on the first round of combat.

Then again, against units without DC, this refine is absolutely worthless. So it's kind of an extreme honestly... I don't know about that. But your idea is pretty solid.

@Fei Mao Usually when effects conflict they cancel each other out and things revert to neutral. So Felicia would likely attack Matt's DEF as a result, considering that's the natural order of things. Also the effect would be closer to Jaffar's effect where he has free reign over magic units. Only Matt would have that against 1 range opponents.

26 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Twitter says the answer to today's question is B, God bless them~

All training maps use the original NES FE theme. Maybe if/when they get to making Pantsless Marth, his map will also feature the theme. Maybe.

Eh, think I'd prefer it if the Shadow Dragon opening theme played instead of FE1.

I like that they used Marth, Jagen, Gordin, and Caeda as the units in the player team though. Small touch they didn't have to actually do...

...I wonder if reading into the use of Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem units compared to the amount of Awakening/Fates references in comparison being nil counts as hope for the new unit banner being from Shadow Dragon/NMotE?

Edited by Xenomata

6 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...I wonder if reading into the use of Shadow Dragon/New Mystery of the Emblem units compared to the amount of Awakening/Fates references in comparison being nil counts as hope for the new unit banner being from Shadow Dragon/NMotE?

I want to frame this and pin it on my wall as a prime example of desperate man grasping for straws.
(I want Archanea too, I do so much)

9 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want to frame this and pin it on my wall as a prime example of desperate man grasping for straws.

Yeah and going by that same logic he used, the question involving the three Hectors we have so far clearly means the next banner will be CYL2.

As for Archanea, I'd personally be fine if it never gets another dedicated banner since it's easily my least favorite FE setting. You can blame my long-standing disdain of Shadow Dragon for that.

22 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah and going by that same logic he used, the question involving the three Hectors we have so far clearly means the next banner will be CYL2.

Actually... the correct answer to the Dragonstones question was Myrrh, from Sacred Stones, and the theme of the first question revolved around a Legendary Hero OC.

Not only that, but they specifically used Young Tiki in the Dragonstone question when Adult Tiki can also use Breath of Fog...

...and the final question will be on the night before we get the New Heroes Banner.

Someone get me either a tinfoil hat or some sleepytime gas, cause I'm either going crazy or need sleep.

Edited by Xenomata

On 8/17/2018 at 2:23 PM, mampfoid said:

On Reddit there is a post claiming to have datamined info about the next LHB map:

Hide contents

Rerun of F!Grimas map with a new difficulty, higher than infernal. Reward Golden Swim Googles:

No idea if it's legit. 

I'd prefer Infernal difficulty for TTs, not an even higher difficulty for LHB/GHB/BHB maps (first). 

Regardless If this is true, I look forward to finishing the maps, since I never beat her on the higher difficulties. 

This is a very interesting day.

In that it's the first time you could get 7 orbs at the same time as presents. It's possible to get 2 from Feh's summer, 3 from the Special banner, 1 from the TT and 1 from the usual Sunday present.

7 minutes ago, ZeManaphy said:

Regardless If this is true, I look forward to finishing the maps, since I never beat her on the higher difficulties. 

It would be no big surprise if they would rerun all LHBs like they did GHBs/BHBs. 

@Dayni Today's 7 orbs for logging in and 5 for blessed gardens are pretty sweet indeed.