Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

20 minutes ago, Noir said:

...what? That's a real oddity, lol. We haven't had a new regular archer since Innes, so mad hype there, but unless this means that the new heroes on the 7th September are Genealogy, he's really come out of nowhere. 

Or...the LH coming out is either A) Sigurd or B) Seliph. Probably Seliph, now that I +10'd him...

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Finally used the extra hearts to mark the boons of my characters. Orange: neutral, pink: +Atk, yellow: +Def, green: +Spd, light blue: +Res. I based the boons off of the weapon refinement auras but I wish they added red instead of two blue's. 

1 hour ago, Noir said:

...what? That's a real oddity, lol. We haven't had a new regular archer since Innes, so mad hype there, but unless this means that the new heroes on the 7th September are Genealogy, he's really come out of nowhere. 

Hopefully it means exactly that.

I've been thinking about my free Brave Hero... it's either Hector or Veronica...

On the one hand is Hector, who is seriously OP. Dual phase doubling thanks to Bold Fighter and Maltet, sped up Specials thanks to Bold Fighter and Maltet, Sturdy Stance 2 and Distant Counter in the same A passive, makes him DEADLY in combat. My issue here, while he'll be good for Arena Scoring, there'd be some heavy overlap with my WE!Robin, and being worth more just by existing may be reason to replace WE!Robin overall...

On the other is Veronica. It's not like she doesn't already exist in the form of Sothe and any Troubadour, but she is if Sothe were a Troubadour and mounted Peshkats on a stick and called it a staff: her offensive potential is massive, and her default kit is perfect, only needing an A skill. The issue is that she will be a nightmare to get any good Arena score out of her, and I don't even have Atk/Spd 2 fodder to give in place of Atk/Spd Bond or Atk/Spd Push...

...actually wait... could a staff unit learn Brazen Atk/Spd 3...? Yes, yes they could, but do I really wanna use Brazen Atk/Spd on Veronica...?

Edited by Xenomata

If you have a spare Linus lying around, I don't see why not.

I'll be giving Hector Aether since my pulls have netted me a whole lotta Chroms. With that lance, its CD goes down to 4 and he gets sustain on top of that massive bulk.

Edited by Karimlan

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

You aren’t wrong. It’s indeed him. It’s him, and I’m already hyped.

They'll probably give him some combo of Desperation+Brash Assault+special cooldown. Huge strength and HP, mediocre speed, garbage DEF and Res.

16 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I've been thinking about my free Brave Hero... it's either Hector or Veronica...

On the one hand is Hector, who is seriously OP. Dual phase doubling thanks to Bold Fighter and Maltet, sped up Specials thanks to Bold Fighter and Maltet, Sturdy Stance 2 and Distant Counter in the same A passive, makes him DEADLY in combat. My issue here, while he'll be good for Arena Scoring, there'd be some heavy overlap with my WE!Robin, and being worth more just by existing may be reason to replace WE!Robin overall...

On the other is Veronica. It's not like she doesn't already exist in the form of Sothe and any Troubadour, but she is if Sothe were a Troubadour and mounted Peshkats on a stick and called it a staff: her offensive potential is massive, and her default kit is perfect, only needing an A skill. The issue is that she will be a nightmare to get any good Arena score out of her, and I don't even have Atk/Spd 2 fodder to give in place of Atk/Spd Bond or Atk/Spd Push...

...actually wait... could a staff unit learn Brazen Atk/Spd 3...? Yes, yes they could, but do I really wanna use Brazen Atk/Spd on Veronica...?

Save your free pull until you have spent as many orbs on the banner as you plan to spend. If you get either Veronica or Hector you can use the free pull on the one you didn't get.

I didn't use my free pull on the first CYL until like 4 months later.

I was doubtful that they would be able to up the power creep bar with CYL2 but damn did they succeed.

Hector is absurdly good. QR5 on his 16 mt "killer" weapon. Super boon in Def. Power creeped DC. He can run Wary Fighter and QR3 seal for an Omni Breaker set too...

Celica seemed underwhelming at first until I realized that she could potentially Octo-attack with a Brave Sword+. And Deathblow 4 is a 300 SP inheritable skill. She has two 300 SP skills in her base kit, which is cool. Did I mention Octo-Attack?

Ephraim is super good. Right up there with Hectors and co. for the best Axe Armor. So Special fighter is Guard 5 mixed with a Breath effect? Or is it a Quickened Pulse at the beginning of combat? Either way, he is stupid good.

Then there is Veronica. It really pisses me off that she is the only one without boosted BST, but then again, her staff is so busted that it would be unfair for her to have more stats. Peshkatz in a staff form, but with dazzling built in so the buffs/debuffs are free. And then she has a cool new busted special. Imagine that thing in GC/RD maps...

7 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

Celica seemed underwhelming at first until I realized that she could potentially Octo-attack with a Brave Sword+. And Deathblow 4 is a 300 SP inheritable skill. She has two 300 SP skills in her base kit, which is cool. Did I mention Octo-Attack?

Doesn't work, the Double Lion effect and the Brave effect don't stack so it ends up being no different to having nothing in the B-slot.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

Then there is Veronica. It really pisses me off that she is the only one without boosted BST, but then again, her staff is so busted that it would be unfair for her to have more stats. Peshkatz in a staff form, but with dazzling built in so the buffs/debuffs are free. And then she has a cool new busted special. Imagine that thing in GC/RD maps...

I do not like that she missed out on BST too. They could have just put those extra stats in HP/Def/Res and she would not be any better.

1 hour ago, Humanoid said:

Doesn't work, the Double Lion effect and the Brave effect don't stack so it ends up being no different to having nothing in the B-slot.

Ok, good. That would have been absurd. She is still going to be able to quad so many units though with her speed. Not something that I am looking forward to facing.

Part of me wants to pull full summoning circles until I have one of them at +10. Even though my wallet wouldn't like that, a bigger deterrent to that is my lack of barracks space.

doesn't IS realize that their sales have been slowly declining ever since our last barracks enhancement? Which was like, a really long time ago.

1 minute ago, XRay said:

I do not like that she missed out on BST too. They could have just put those extra stats in HP/Def/Res and she would not be any better.

The worst part is that she is at 144 BST and needs unfavorable superboons to bump her up to 145 BST. Even if her BST were like 3 points higher 1/1/1 in HP/Def/Res I would have been happy. Armored healer when??

So Special fighter is Guard 5 mixed with a Breath effect? Or is it a Quickened Pulse at the beginning of combat? Either way, he is stupid good.

It's Heavy Blade with an HP threshold instead of an Atk comparison.

It really pisses me off that she is the only one without boosted BST,

The only ranged cavalry unit with boosted stats is Lyn. Gen 2 ranged cavalry have the same stats as Gen 1 ranged cavalry.

CYL2 is here, so I can start summoning again.

So, of the CYL2 heroes, who would be a good pick in consideration to F2P strategies? I'm leaning towards Hector since he would be like having a lance version of the Black Knight, but the others would be useful too. Except for Celica in my case since she decided to show up. Twice. I've summoned more sword wielding Celicas than I have red mage Celicas and CYL2 Celica was just introduced. Her art is beautiful. I love Hidari's art.

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

CYL2 is here, so I can start summoning again.

So, of the CYL2 heroes, who would be a good pick in consideration to F2P strategies? I'm leaning towards Hector since he would be like having a lance version of the Black Knight, but the others would be useful too. Except for Celica in my case since she decided to show up. Twice. I've summoned more sword wielding Celicas than I have red mage Celicas and CYL2 Celica was just introduced. Her art is beautiful. I love Hidari's art.

Hector is probably the most useful for F2P strategies due to having native Distant Counter. However, I can also see Ephraim and Veronica being useful, as well.

Either way, you have a year to decide who to pick up as your free pick, so if you're worried about that, you can just wait a bit to see who is used most often in F2P strategies.

31 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Hector is probably the most useful for F2P strategies due to having native Distant Counter. However, I can also see Ephraim and Veronica being useful, as well.

Either way, you have a year to decide who to pick up as your free pick, so if you're worried about that, you can just wait a bit to see who is used most often in F2P strategies.

Yeah, there's about a year to decide and the old F2P units are still going to be useful.

Now to figure out what to do with Celica, Soleil, maybe Hana. So many reds, so many swords.

Edited by Kaden

So i created kinda a monster... the new meta has arrived. Veronica kinda wrecks everything into oblivion once she gets an attack in and counter kills with ease ._.. And i have her paired with Gunnthra. She tanks suprisingly very well with her Legendary weapon and close defense, because it gives her "+14" Bulk, and with Restore+ she gets rid of dumb chill/panic/ shenanigans.
Oh she actually runs +3 addtional HP during wind season... and either +3 SPD or +4 RES depending if she is on Team Lucina or Team Gunnthra. Atm she runs with Gunnthra

Edited by Hilda

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'd figure that since Fjorm is also free as a blue DC unit, Hector would be more of a preferred pick if you specifically needed armor. I'd assume, from a F2P guide clearance standpoint, people who picked Brave Lyn would probably want Ephraim, and people who picked Brave Ike would probably want Veronica.

Welp, I picked Lyn last year, and went Hector in this one as I just really had to stop pining for every iteration of him that comes out. I figured that my batting average for the CYL last year may hold true for this one, but we have, what, less than a month for the whole thing; so I'm pretty optimistic.

Wow it's been a while since I posted anything in here. The new CYL units look awesome, and I'm having a hard time picking one. Good thing I can sit on that decision for a year!

More importantly, and I don't know why I didn't post anything when it happened, but I was extremely hyped to finally see Maribelle in heroes. Broke the orb bank for her and ended up with a +3 +res one. Would have liked attack or speed boon, but I'll take improved ploying. I knew I was saving a bridal Lyn for a reason. Libra in same banner was a welcome addition.

@Hilda She looks wonderful (even if her German title looks awkward)! I tried again for a Elincia to give Veronica ATK/SPD push, but failed. But only with SPD+3, she already wrecks stuff in TTs together with Celica. 

I'm not convinced of this CC set, but a pairing with Gunnthrá sounds pretty good. 

50 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Hilda She looks wonderful (even if her German title looks awkward)! I tried again for a Elincia to give Veronica ATK/SPD push, but failed. But only with SPD+3, she already wrecks stuff in TTs together with Celica. 

I'm not convinced of this CC set, but a pairing with Gunnthrá sounds pretty good. 

I tested it now for like 2 hours in AA in the 746~range. works like a charm. I attack with her and then let the enemy die to the counter hit, obviously you cant do this all the time unless you have a back up healing plan, and it prolly wont work on high attack legendary weapons with a brave effect. But so far all Dragons and Armorers have died to her and she could tank the hits from them after attacking them and gaining buffs herself while debuffing them. She is though a bit "weak" against ranged units because she runs close defense as a Seal and not Distant Defense. Most Armorers cant even activate Bold Fighter because they die on the counter hit from her, once she attacked them and Dragonstone users just die to her because they cant double her anyway.

Did IS say when they will hand out the quiz orbs?  I need those orbs to try and get B!Ephraim.  Also B!Veronica is great and has become my favorite staff unit in Heroes by far I love her!