Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

51 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

Did IS say when they will hand out the quiz orbs?  I need those orbs to try and get B!Ephraim.  Also B!Veronica is great and has become my favorite staff unit in Heroes by far I love her!

They said sometime late August~

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

So checking each unit more in depth, I think the best of them are Hector and Vero.

Hector because his set has DC, killing effect, Bold and Vengeful fighter, sturdy stance and res wave. He wields a lance and stands out as the best DC lance armor.

Ephraim is good overall, but lacks DC and there are like 3 Hectors lying out there that can replicate to a lesser extent what he does.

Celica is the most ubderwhelming imo, for being the favorite female unit. Brave effect with Double Lion, "blazing durandal" effect, Galeforce and Death Blow 4 are overkill but there are so many potent red units that Celica seems like the cherry of the dessert.

Vero, at last, looks as one of the best, Wrazzling Staff, Peshkatz effect, and Close Defense aura make her the strongest staff user. Not to mention her great support with Windfire Balm+.

9 hours ago, Hawk King said:

Save your free pull until you have spent as many orbs on the banner as you plan to spend. If you get either Veronica or Hector you can use the free pull on the one you didn't get.

I didn't use my free pull on the first CYL until like 4 months later.

I don't even wanna spend orbs on CYL yet though, I now have 4% Pity on the Micaiah and Sothe GHB banner because I was an impatient idiot who wanted to summon and AAAAGH.

...on the bright side, the CYL banner won't expire until after I am planned to receive my first paycheck from my new job, so the feeling of summoning for them will be all the better since I'm using money I earned through sweat and probably more sweat.

I still can't get over how ugly the border around DB4 looks.  A big, bold yellow makes it pop out, and not in a good way -- like some cheap edit done in Paint.  Similar to how they've tweaked the colors behind the assist skill on the status screen, I hope a future update subdues the color the color a bit, or better yet changes it entirely.

5 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

I still can't get over how ugly the border around DB4 looks.  A big, bold yellow makes it pop out, and not in a good way -- like some cheap edit done in Paint.  Similar to how they've tweaked the colors behind the assist skill on the status screen, I hope a future update subdues the color the color a bit, or better yet changes it entirely.

I'm not sure why they didn't go for a platinum look. It could have been a shinier silver. Or they could have gone with metallic purple, pink, red, or whatever. Nope, we get this flat yellow.

Edited by Kaden

After 280 orbs on the cyl banner, I did not get any desirable ivs for any of my most wanted characters. I have pulled 6 copies of Mae, all with shoddy banes. Maybe next time I can get cool fodder and get good iv for my units. Still never found Nowi with good ivs for a year and a half, that annoys me.

I wouldn't want the platinum look after being confused for so long about 2-star units vs 4-star units, but a pink gold to match the summoner support border would have been good I think.

48 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

This. They could've made the border rainbow colored, cyan or something. Yellow looks so cheap and uninteresting for a skill that's supposed to look exclusive.

0/10

14 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

This. They could've made the border rainbow colored, cyan or something. Yellow looks so cheap and uninteresting for a skill that's supposed to look exclusive.

0/10

It isn't exclusive though. It's inheritable and It's a plain generic improvement over the old DB3 with no drawbacks. I do not like it.

5 minutes ago, Selena4Lyfe said:

Question: is Veronica the only one to deviate from the Special Pose based on Standard Pose?

All of Yamada Akihiro's characters (Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel) and Hoshino Lily's characters (Rebecca) have completely unique Special art.

Veronica is the first to have her Special pose be the same as her damaged pose, though.

Edited by Ice Dragon

11 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

All of Yamada Akihiro's characters (Gunter, Jagen, Ogma, Zephiel) and Hoshino Lily's characters (Rebecca) have completely unique Special art.

Veronica is the first to have her Special pose be the same as her damaged pose, though.

Wow...

In officially sad that's not the official standard for those art submissions.

1 hour ago, Rapha666br said:

It isn't exclusive though. It's inheritable and It's a plain generic improvement over the old DB3 with no drawbacks. I do not like it.

Exclusive in the way she is the only one with the skill atm, not that it isn't inheritable (sorry for not clearing it).

1 hour ago, Roflolxp54 said:

So... a theme from FEH got remixed for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.

https://www.smashbros.com/en_US/sound/index.html

Nice! It sounds cool but they left the best part for our minds! Raeg

6 hours ago, Hilda said:

I tested it now for like 2 hours in AA in the 746~range. works like a charm.

I like how you make stuff like this work, in my roster Dazzling staffs are rare and meant for the extra strong "don't touch me" EP enemies in AA. I'll try to find some good company for Veronica, Gunnthrá seems like a good start. 

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

I am so confused by both how a phone app game is getting acknowledgement in Smash Bros, and also by how much I actually kinda like this twist on the main castle theme when I'm not that big a fan of the normal theme as is...

This is something on the legit Smash Bros website, uploaded by the legit Smash Bros youtube. Fire Emblem really has gone to and arrived at places most other Nintendo properties may have left their marks on previously, but without the modest background of Fire Emblem...

...if this remix doesn't get added in a future Tap Battle, then the devs will finally reveal their lack of soul.

...also here's the video from youtube.

Edited by Xenomata

2 hours ago, Roflolxp54 said:

That's actually not bad. I'm definitely surprised that we're getting a Fire Emblem Heroes reference in Smash, but I can't complain.

So, Robin Echo Veronica when?

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I like how you make stuff like this work, in my roster Dazzling staffs are rare and meant for the extra strong "don't touch me" EP enemies in AA. I'll try to find some good company for Veronica, Gunnthrá seems like a good start. 

Gunnthra is a good start, yeah. The ATK/SPD debuffs might end up occasionally redundant against whoever got Chilling Sealed, but that's not a big deal, and being able to add 16 damage (20 if Gunnthra got the Peshkatz buff) to Gunnthra's attacks via Blizzard is a good thing. You could go with any Dagger-user running The Cleaner+ for the same effect, if you want (not sure why you'd want to do that, but it's an option).

As for other good company for Veronica, bring a Dancer. I know that's good advice in general, but with your new Wrazzle Dazzle Peshkatz Staff, you'll want a Dancer even more to take advantage of those buffs to kill people.

Also, maybe Eirika could work? I know it's not as good as running her with all Tactics, but being able to give her +8 to every stat if she gets the Peshkatz buff and enters combat while near Veronica seems pretty good regardless... Not sure if you have an Eirika built up tho.

EDIT:

12 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

...if this remix doesn't get added in a future Tap Battle, then the devs will finally reveal their lack of soul.

I second this notion. I need the full version of this in a Tap Battle. Either the next one that comes up, or the one that comes closest to Smash Ultimate's release date.

Edited by ILikeKirbys

34 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I am so confused by both how a phone app game is getting acknowledgement in Smash Bros, and also by how much I actually kinda like this twist on the main castle theme when I'm not that big a fan of the normal theme as is...

This is something on the legit Smash Bros website, uploaded by the legit Smash Bros youtube. Fire Emblem really has gone to and arrived at places most other Nintendo properties may have left their marks on previously, but without the modest background of Fire Emblem...

...also here's the video from youtube.

Better than I expected~

Having trouble deciding Veronica's team composition too here. Unfortunately my Wind team has Clarine so if I want to put Veronica with Gunnthra, I'll be wasting at least one Wind blessing. It's also a bit awkward because the other two members of the team are Horse Roy and Reinhardt, who have no particular synergy with her, and with the team as a whole, the effects of Close Guard are pretty much wasted.

Most of my other horses are in Fire, with a composition of Xander/Eirika, Ephraim, Cecilia and Lyn. Ephraim needs to be alone so he doesn't really benefit from Close Guard, but Xander obviously does. Dropping Lyn would be pretty tough, so it's hard to find space for her here too.

It's probably past time to build a third core horse team, but I have no real anchor to build the team around. Third legendary horse hero when? Thinking something like Ares/Camus/Lilina/Veronica, but I've never pulled a decent L'Arachel. Or, if I'm willing to burn some blessings, put Camus and Veronica into Wind and take Reinhardt and Clarine out. Then third team would be something like Ares/Reinhardt/Lilina/Clarine. Got some free agents in Sigurd, Oscar, Finn, Marth, and 4* merges of Eliwood, Roderick, Titania and Frederick. (I'm disregarding my bad Eldigan, Clive, Mathilda and Spring Xander)

Dang it, missed the last orb. Had a slightly more eventful day so I needed a nap to recharge but I missed the time to answer the question. Today has just not been my day.

On the bright side, never did I think I would see Tobin and Clive be close to capping their HM. The extra merge I gave Effie also raised my score ceiling to 724 so that's pretty decent.