Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

19 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

It is that, but Seth is not available at 5* so it probably was someone else.

EDIT: Oh right, except for the Hero Fest banner that still has the old pre-demotion 5* pool.

Yes i was doing that one. Since it said beginners only and ended in 3 days i got some more while i could. Really i just thought it was a Brave Heros banner too baceus i could only remember it having like, 3 or 4 heroes with Brave on the name. I pulled a Brave Ike free there then got a second one after.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Yes i was doing that one. Since it said beginners only and ended in 3 days i got some more while i could. Really i just thought it was a Brave Heros banner too baceus i could only remember it having like, 3 or 4 heroes with Brave on the name. I pulled a Brave Ike free there then got a second one after.

Yeah, it has Brave Ike and Brave Lyn, plus Sigurd and Nephenee who are not Brave, not that it's a particularly meaningful distinction.

The 5% focus rate is appealing, but the downside is that the 3% non-focus pool is the old one which contains a whole bunch of undesirable units that are easily obtainable at 3* rarity these days. Still, outside of legendary banners it's probably still the best value you can get for the time being.

9 minutes ago, Humanoid said:

The 5% focus rate is appealing, but the downside is that the 3% non-focus pool is the old one which contains a whole bunch of undesirable units that are easily obtainable at 3* rarity these days. Still, outside of legendary banners it's probably still the best value you can get for the time being.

I’m pretty sure it also doesn’t have any of the New Heroes that’ve been added since last January (so anyone from Fallen Heroes on), since this banner was originally run for all players back around the first week of February.

Quiz reward orbs were nice, but I apparently missed one day of answering. oh well.

11 hours ago, Humanoid said:

Oh right, except for the Hero Fest banner that still has the old pre-demotion 5* pool.

And why the heck is this even a thing... Not that it affects me, I'll be pulling for yukatas over here.

7 minutes ago, Othin said:

The new Skill Studies were fun. Makes me want Hector even more, now. But with how much he's likely to get rerun, I'm not in a hurry.

Hector and Ephraims map was perhaps the easiest of the advanced Skill Studies (not talking about Grand Master). Is that an preview of how easy the game gets with them? 

Of course I've chosen the other two brave heroes

1 hour ago, Sylphid said:

Quiz reward orbs were nice, but I apparently missed one day of answering. oh well.

And why the heck is this even a thing... Not that it affects me, I'll be pulling for yukatas over here.

They'd probably have to go in and manually change the banner properties, and I guess no one wanted to bother (it'd probably involve creating a new identically-named banner). Shame though, because it gives new starters a poorer impression of pity-breakers. Hopefully the next Hero Fest will be soon so an up-to-date banner will be around for newbies.

I was worried the 15 daily banners we had would still have the 5* pools that were around when those banners originally ran. Thankfully that wasn't the case. :P

I finally did something that took forever for me to do in this game! lol

GpCtznK.png

Gave Freddy QR3! lol I kept using my feathers for other 5 star upgrades and stuff and just kept putting this off until now. But at last, best husband is complete and he's still sexy. <3

38 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

@Othin: they're basically a showcase for what the Brave Heroes can do.

Smart play, IS. XD

Yeah, and based on Lucina, it looks like they're doing the same thing for new legendary heroes. Hrid Tactics Drill this time next week?

1 hour ago, Othin said:

Yeah, and based on Lucina, it looks like they're doing the same thing for new legendary heroes. Hrid Tactics Drill this time next week?

Lucina also has a unique assist, which I assume was the real reason she got featured in a Skill Studies. That, and that particular Skill Studies was titled “Future Vision” and not “Legendary Lucina”.

37 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wanted Heroes Amelia to be this:
Ba_fe08_amelia_recruit_lance_critical.gi

Her recruit sprite was adorable, even if its colourscheme didn’t match her talksprite’s.

As evil as they are, an alt or two of Amelia, one Lance Infantry, and the other Lance Cavalry, would be lovely. General is ugly and the worst of all her possible choices in SS, (fine Recruit 3 is awful too b/c NO CON!, but it was unique at least being armorless foot mono-Lance with a Crit bonus).

2 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Are they skipping a re-run of the Performing Arts banner or did I miraculously miss it? Not that I would pull on it with the incoming legendary banner, but I'm still curious.

It hasn't appeared yet but it's probably an artifact of the dancer banner being moved from October (it started Sept 29 technically) to August. There's a large window of time in which it could happen so it's hard to guess when it'd happen. Fully possible there could be a dancer vs dancer VG too.

1 hour ago, Tybrosion said:

Lucina also has a unique assist, which I assume was the real reason she got featured in a Skill Studies. That, and that particular Skill Studies was titled “Future Vision” and not “Legendary Lucina”.

True. Still, all legendary heroes have a unique skill.

14 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Are they skipping a re-run of the Performing Arts banner or did I miraculously miss it? Not that I would pull on it with the incoming legendary banner, but I'm still curious.

It'll probably happen in about a month and a half, during the banner's original run time, and coinciding with whatever fall seasonal banner we get during that time.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

True. Still, all legendary heroes have a unique skill.

Also true naturally, though I think the devs would have a hard time trying to build an interesting Skill Studies around skills like Ostia's Pulse, Bushido, Radiant Aether, etc.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

I wanted Heroes Amelia to be this:
Ba_fe08_amelia_recruit_lance_critical.gi

Her recruit sprite was adorable, even if its colourscheme didn’t match her talksprite’s.

While I’ve always been partial to general Amelia and like her inclusion as one I still found it odd that it was chosen over her recruit self and would be ecstatic to see a recruit alt. She has to come with the attacking animation though because it’s the cutest thing out there.

33 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Also true naturally, though I think the devs would have a hard time trying to build an interesting Skill Studies around skills like Ostia's Pulse, Bushido, Radiant Aether, etc.

I think Bushido could work, although it's not too unique.

They do have other skills that could be interesting for Skill Studies, like Vengeful Fighter.

Random thought but I think they'll update the little message notifying players what kind of units they can pull from that particular color pool for each banner if there's a new weapon type. The FiH banner had blue and green daggers but that message was edited to not contain the two aforementioned daggers in the recent CYL banner, which is a pretty neat detail. 

@Tybrosion @Alexmender @Vaximillian @SatsumaFSoysoy @Alkaid @mampfoid @Ice Dragon @mcsilas @NegativeExponents- @Humanoid (Not a Matthew post despite the tag this time!)

It's pretty funny... I just wanted to bring something to attention... how... a unit's stats are held in such high regard but that stats aren't actually that difficult to achieve.

wSwmjSk.png

On the left we have my *4+10 Lon'Qu. +ATK/-HP. An optimal nature but he's such a common unit it's not hard to achieve. On the right we have neutral Karla. Just look at how similar their stats are. People (including myself) are pulling for Karla left and right when they can actually achieve a similar stat spread through much simpler things like this. Now.. obviously Karla has access to natures as well which means she can either beat him here by 4 points in ATK while only losing 1 point in SPD or beat him in 3 points in SPD and still beat him by 1 point in ATK. Also her kit and weapon is ridiculous. But it's really just about the stats and how bonkers her spread is having people go "pull! pull! pull!" when you can achieve something similar for far less work. 

On the other hand I admit... Effectively a *5+5 Lon'Qu with an optimal nature being inferior to a neutral nature *5 Karla is actually pretty... no... exceptionally sad and a great example of power creep. But as a whole, their spreads here are similar and Lon'Qu himself with an optimized kit operates effectively at the same level as the top swords in this particular case and let's be honest. A lot more people probably have 10+ Lon'Qu's then people have a single Karla, much less one with a good nature.

Just food for thought really. Or rather an observation. Now when's this man getting a prf and refine? Something like Vantagesperation would do him nicely. Striking twice with Vantage ala Swordheart before the enemy can retaliate. 

Edited by Zeo

34 minutes ago, Othin said:

I think Bushido could work, although it's not too unique.

We already have one for Wrath (13: Trigger Wrath), which involves a bit more strategy with its use than Bushido.

We also already have one with Wo Dao (12: Vantage & Flashing Blade).

2 minutes ago, Zeo said:

It's pretty funny... I just wanted to bring something to attention... how... a unit's stats are held in such high regard but that stats aren't actually that difficult to achieve.

Karla would probably drop at least one full tier if she didn't have Vassal's Blade. What separates her from the "Ayra lite" characters is the fact that Vassal's blade is an unrefinable Slaying Edge+ with a whopping +9 Atk against most opponents.