Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Man, I just blew an entire conquest lance for nothing. I was trying to hit end turn by for some reason my brain went into the menu to surrender. The muscle memory from all that resetting in the Abyssal maps just took over. That was about to be a 16000 score run too. Welp.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

35 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

A part of me thinks armors atm isnt as bad as Horse back then. Maybe its the boosted stats we just have now

For Player Phase teams, besides ranged pony teams, everything else is super easy to deal with. Armor units are a joke if you have a Firesweep nuke.

Not sure about for Enemy Phase teams though.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Too bad Triangle Adept Nowi still one-hit kills Marth when she initiates and Marth's HP is too low to block a Panic Ploy (even from Corrin).

And Marth can't actually do much damage to Triangle Adept Nowi to begin with without buffs.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I still run Triangle Adept on Nowi and Fae. Nowi is pretty much permanently stuck with Triangle Adept so that she can deal with Falchions for the team.

Dragon teams like yours and mine are why I have this guy sometimes:

Spoiler

ImccD1z.jpg

10 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Seems a lot of people have complained too much against dragons then. I mentioned fliers because I use them most of the time (less than some months ago though), while Cavs would be the most likely target for the next "breaker" indeed. 

How odd, these days if I'm not using my Arena team (mostly Armors) or my new-heroes-story-or-paralogue team (Reinhardt, Cain, Frederick, and Azura), I'm more or less using just fliers.

In fact, my Arena offense team's newest permanent member is Elincia the flier...

One obstacle to me building a flier team above horses is the lack of a mergeable ranged option. Hit and Run melee sort of simulates it but the lack of a Cecilia-equivalent (or even L'Arachel equivalent) is unfortunate.

EDIT: One of the better GC battles for me, ended 14:4:12 (32:19:28) in my favour, and max army rank reward at rank 3. Surprisingly there was no knockout logjam on the final round, was even able to get in a final minute battle no nab one extra tile. However the next two battles will probably be pretty iffy as I exhausted my lances.

Edited by Humanoid

1 minute ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hey, there’s no daily orbs from forging bonds today? :O

I’ve been out for a week and couldn’t start playing seriously until yesterday more or less

Only 7x2 orbs this time, changed from 14x1 last time.

4 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Hey, there’s no daily orbs from forging bonds today? :O

I’ve been out for a week and couldn’t start playing seriously until yesterday more or less

It's 2 orbs for the first 7 days instead of 1 orb for 14 days

You just missed the last orbs yesterday 

Regarding teams I've found myself using fliers>mixed>armor>cavalry>infantry from most to least.

I'm not sure why but I barely touch horses now unless I need them for a special map, though I can usually clear those with fliers first.

Edited by Korath88

4 hours ago, Xenomata said:

How odd, these days if I'm not using my Arena team (mostly Armors) or my new-heroes-story-or-paralogue team (Reinhardt, Cain, Frederick, and Azura), I'm more or less using just fliers.

In fact, my Arena offense team's newest permanent member is Elincia the flier...

Playing mostly Fliers (Cordelia, Cherche, Elinca, Bladetome Girls) and Cavs (Xander, Roy) in the past, I came to like also some infantry units (Celica, Donnel, M!Marth). Armors still aren't my thing. Their boots help from time to time though. 

4 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

No free orbs from first clear on Forging Bonds, really? That's just weird. I'm going to complain about it.

Free orbs were only for the first seven days, as advertised.

I had a dream last night Giffca had been added to FEH. Why him, I had no idea, even in the dream I'm not sure why. Maybe I thought during the dream he was a test run of Strike units before they go all out. I didn't dream many details of him, but I think he wasn't obtainable via summoning- some other freebie method.

The one other detail I recall, was that I finding info on him on SF, reading a post I think with Jingle Jangle's avi (not to be creepy or anything). From this, the only thing I dreamed that I read, was Giffca's Color- Blue and Red. Even in the dream, I think I pondered how this would even work. (WTA on Red, WTD on Blue?)

...I think this means I need to spend less time on SF.

1 hour ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I had a dream last night Giffca had been added to FEH. Why him, I had no idea, even in the dream I'm not sure why. Maybe I thought during the dream he was a test run of Strike units before they go all out. I didn't dream many details of him, but I think he wasn't obtainable via summoning- some other freebie method.

The one other detail I recall, was that I finding info on him on SF, reading a post I think with Jingle Jangle's avi (not to be creepy or anything). From this, the only thing I dreamed that I read, was Giffca's Color- Blue and Red. Even in the dream, I think I pondered how this would even work. (WTA on Red, WTD on Blue?)

...I think this means I need to spend less time on SF.

I dreamt a little while ago that not only did they add some really random characters into the 3-4* range without putting them on a banner, but they were mostly female and none of the guys that I'm waiting for xD

I also dreamt that this was first announced alongside a summer banner of heroes in sportswear. All I remember was that there was a Camilla alt with a tennis bat.

...I know, I play this game far too much xD

53 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

I dreamt a little while ago that not only did they add some really random characters into the 3-4* range without putting them on a banner, but they were mostly female and none of the guys that I'm waiting for xD

I also dreamt that this was first announced alongside a summer banner of heroes in sportswear. All I remember was that there was a Camilla alt with a tennis bat.

...I know, I play this game far too much xD

Sounds like a blend of hope that random nobodies will get fairly represented, with some cynicism as to what they'll be adding.

And happy to hear people dream of a sportswear summer Seasonal, that has been a non-dreaming dream of mine as I have mentioned here before. I might have been responsible for the non-Camilla part of that dream!:lol: 

And tennis doesn't sound bad for Camilla, I don't know what sport I'd quite envision for her, I only know I'm set on Non-American Football/Soccer!Lyn with Florina on her team.

Man, CYL Celica's default skill set is expensive. Also, I just realized that each version of Celica has some skill that causes her to lose health which makes sense considering Gaiden and Shadows Valentina. Alm is the only other Gaiden/SoV character in the game to have recoil damage through his unique refined Falchion. Clair, Delthea, and Sonya are the only other Gaiden/SoV characters with legendary/personal weapons, but theirs don't have recoil damage and nobody has Fury as a default skill. If you extend it to Walhart as a descendant of Alm and Celica, then the same goes for him. It makes me wonder if anyone else from Gaiden/SoV will end up with something that has recoil damage. Probably Blake with Shadow Sword if they ever add him in. Maybe Devil Axe Atlas or Brigand Boss.

40 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Maybe Devil Axe Atlas or Brigand Boss.

No. Just, no.

If there is anything that would make me rage quit Heroes permanently, it would be IS passing off a (particularly stupid) meme as a character when there's plenty of actual characters left to pick from.

8 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

No. Just, no.

If there is anything that would make me rage quit Heroes permanently, it would be IS passing off a (particularly stupid) meme as a character when there's plenty of actual characters left to pick from.

I don't even know why he was on the CYL listing. Some of the other named mooks were missing too while Brigand Boss was on there if I remember correctly. I do hope that if they add in Atlas, he does end up using an axe. Considering Death Blow 4 is a thing now, he's also a prime candidate for having it even if he doesn't get demoted.

Edited by Kaden

9 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I don't even know why he was on the CYL listing. Some of the other named mooks were missing too while Brigand Boss was on there if I remember correctly. I do hope that if they add in Atlas, he does end up using an axe. Considering Death Blow 4 is a thing now, he's also a prime candidate for having it even if he doesn't get demoted.

I realize no one would've voted for him even if he was included, but I'm still utterly mystified by Lekain being excluded when shit like Brigand Boss and Largo and Calill's adoptive daughter were included.

Edited by Tybrosion

7 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Largo and Calill's adoptive daughter

haha, seriously?

We need to all vote on this ^ , Ike's mom, Merlinus, and any other stupid options for the next CYL just to see what IS can come up with.

Spread the word now.

13 minutes ago, Hawk King said:

haha, seriously?

Yes, sadly. And also for the record, Amy not Rose (that's her name) placed higher than both Calills (I wish I was kidding, Vax) and both Largos. She even beat guys like Nolan and Leonardo.

14 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

(I wish I was kidding, Vax)

I wish you were kidding too, but it’s real. Actual characters (and actual good characters) lose to one-note jokes. This humanity is doomed.

Has it been long enough that I can start asking for a second FE5 banner? I hope so.

Based on CYL2, the top FE5 characters not yet in Heroes are:

• 228. Mareeta (1,043)
  • 352. Glade (535)
  • 357. Ced (530)
  • 439. Eyvel (337)
  • 441. Osian (330)
  • 487. Asbel (257)
  • 500. Linoan (241)

I'm picking 500 as an arbitrary cutoff point, but past that, there are a bunch of others within a handful of votes of each other. (Miranda, in particular, is 501 and only a single vote behind Linoan.)

Ced's FE4 version got over twice as many votes, so that seems like a more likely game for him to be featured with. Of course, Mia didn't care, and if they do put him with FE5, his FE4 version alone ranks higher than any competition. Which I guess means they could feature him with FE5 instead and put the more "valuable" FE4 banner space to other use. Hmm.

They seem to be caring a lot more about color balance lately. The last main banner to have two characters share a color was the Ishtar one, almost four months ago. Meanwhile, most top FE5 units would be red or green. Glade is an exception, but I'm not convinced they'd take him seriously. Of course, if we get a second Leif, he could do anything.

1 hour ago, Hawk King said:

haha, seriously?

We need to all vote on this ^ , Ike's mom, Merlinus, and any other stupid options for the next CYL just to see what IS can come up with.

Spread the word now.

Ike's mom would actually be all right, though. She and Celica's mom would be interesting healers and I had hoped that CYL Celica would have been a healer based on Liprica. Merlinus as dumb as he would be, could be a weird mounted dagger unit which Yukimura could be as well.

Edited by Kaden