Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 hours ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Like most GHB units, Jamke's more useful to those who are less well-endowed with or unwilling to use summoning luck and feathers to chase the summoning pool alternative. 

Lets be real, we have been getting only trash units this year as GHB rewards. I mean compared to stuff like Xander, Camus, Arvis, Valter the units this year kinda... suck mostly. Lyon is okish, Saias is an inferior Arvis with no recovery ring, Julius is kinda interesting but really doesnt work that well. I give them that Linus Walhart and Kana are good though (Linus if he refines his weapon). But there is no "umph" factor like when Xander Camus Arvis or Valter released.

I usually allways upgraded GHB units to 5 Star and merged them. I havent 5 Stared one single GHB (unless for skill foddering)that has come out this year, because they are all outclass in a way by another unit that does the same thing and lives in 3 to 4 star rarity, so they are easier to merge and get (+IVs). There is just nothing special that gives them a niche.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, Hilda said:

I give them that Linus Walhart and Kana are good though (Linus if he refines his weapon).

Walhart is a worse Frederick, though. No access to merges, no access to natures, unique weapon's effect has a stand-in-the-middle-of-nowhere-and-get-no-ally-combat-buffs restriction on a unit with stats suited for enemy phase play, higher Spd makes it slightly more difficult to abuse getting doubled for more Special charge.

Like the only thing Walhart has over Frederick is a better base kit.

Yeah i never quite get why Walhart is considered good, moreso now that Frederick having Hammer at base set is actually a huge advantage. Granted he have Chill Defense and im a believer of that god skill

46 minutes ago, Hilda said:

Lets be real, we have been getting only trash units this year as GHB rewards. I mean compared to stuff like Xander, Camus, Arvis, Valter the units this year kinda... suck mostly. Lyon is okish, Saias is an inferior Arvis with no recovery ring, Julius is kinda interesting but really doesnt work that well. I give them that Linus Walhart and Kana are good though (Linus if he refines his weapon). But there is no "umph" factor like when Xander Camus Arvis or Valter released.

I usually allways upgraded GHB units to 5 Star and merged them. I havent 5 Stared one single GHB (unless for skill foddering)that has come out this year, because they are all outclass in a way by another unit that does the same thing and lives in 3 to 4 star rarity, so they are easier to merge and get (+IVs). There is just nothing special that gives them a niche.

This so much.  Lyon even is just inferior Sophia.  If Julius had armor BST his tome would be put to great use.  The difference between him and M! Grima, both final bosses, is that one is a banner unit and one was given for free as GHB.  So M! Grima got armor BST, S+ tier, stands out, etc etc.  Julius didn't get the same magical armor transformation and ranged infantry have terrible BST (ranged armors meanwhile are up there with the highest BST infantry melee). 

However at least Julius tome is interesting enough that he feels worthwhile to build and use.  I'll even give Saias a pass, cause he is a different color than Arvis, so not as unique and exciting but still a bit of a niche...even if Lute exists.  Walhart actually is pretty low on tier lists, but his unique weapon allows some crazy fun stuff, that you can't do with Frederick.  Linus and M kana are impressive no complaints there.  

Even for those less well endowed, most people picked Bow Lyn as their free CYL unit who blows away Jamke.  

15 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

so I made a bit of a dumb mistake while playing the Japanese version of FEH and accidentally sent a copy of Jamke home. Anything I can do to undo this?

You unfortunately cannot undo it. I guess you can try using the submit feedback option, but I highly doubt that they will undo it for you.

What you can do to prevent future mistakes is to favorite your important units each time you get them. It is a hassle to favorite each one though, but I think the extra effort is more than worth it.

40 minutes ago, FoxyGrandpa said:

so I made a bit of a dumb mistake while playing the Japanese version of FEH and accidentally sent a copy of Jamke home. Anything I can do to undo this?

Customer support is the only option you have with any chance of success. The sooner, the better.

5 hours ago, XRay said:

Heavy Blade is a pretty bad A skill in my opinion unless you are doing it for Galeforce fun, Galeforce fun can be similarly accomplished with Heavy Blade or Flashing Blade on the Sacred Seal Slot. I would recommend using him as Cancel Affinity fodder if you really want to get rid of him.

5 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Heavy blade is pretty low priority at the moment, since we have a S-seal for it. (Until an S seal comes along that's competitive with the best A-slot skills heavy blade should stay in the S-slot.)

Its biggest issue is that -1cd on a special skill usually only gives about as much value as putting a stat skill in your A-slot in the first place, meaning you'd have to be in a situation where it's 3 hits per special proc rather than 2, which makes it pretty niche. (OG!Ike is actually pretty well made in this respect, since Aether's 5cd fits nicely with it, and it provides both sustain and damage, giving a good reason that you'd run it over a 3cd special.)

And his spread is honestly pretty good. 36/32 is slightly better than +Atk Takumi, and his defensive spread is also slightly better. (Mind, even then Jamke isn't more than, say, a 7/10 or so if I had to rate him. Infantry is just such a bad movement type right now. If I had to use an infantry archer it'd be Bow!Lucina, but she's more like physical Reinhardt in terms of sheer powerlevel, versatility, and mobility than an infantry.)

I know it's a Sacred Seal but my lazy ass can never be bothered to switch those around, I'd really only be foddering him off for the convenience. It's why I still have 2 extra Mias chilling around for Flashing Blade >_>

But I'll probably keep him for now, he looks like a pretty good unit~ 

1 hour ago, XRay said:

What you can do to prevent future mistakes is to favorite your important units each time you get them. It is a hassle to favorite each one though, but I think the extra effort is more than worth it.

There's somewhere in the Settings where you can have it automatically favorite all pulled units of a certain Rarity. I have mine set to do it for all 5* and I manually do it for any others.

2 hours ago, Lewyn said:

This so much.  Lyon even is just inferior Sophia.  If Julius had armor BST his tome would be put to great use.  The difference between him and M! Grima, both final bosses, is that one is a banner unit and one was given for free as GHB.  So M! Grima got armor BST, S+ tier, stands out, etc etc.  Julius didn't get the same magical armor transformation and ranged infantry have terrible BST (ranged armors meanwhile are up there with the highest BST infantry melee). 

However at least Julius tome is interesting enough that he feels worthwhile to build and use.  I'll even give Saias a pass, cause he is a different color than Arvis, so not as unique and exciting but still a bit of a niche...even if Lute exists.  Walhart actually is pretty low on tier lists, but his unique weapon allows some crazy fun stuff, that you can't do with Frederick.  Linus and M kana are impressive no complaints there.  

Even for those less well endowed, most people picked Bow Lyn as their free CYL unit who blows away Jamke.  

Julius is basically infantry red Female Morgan. I, for one, find her merely annoying but she has screwed me over because of that added bulk. With Armor BST, he'd be the meta.

22 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Julius is basically infantry red Female Morgan.

I'd say the more apt / easier comparison is that he's just his sister but red and with three more points worth of stats (all three of which went to Res). The only other differences sans their skill kits is that his Spd is one point higher and his Def is one point lower.

The closest comparison to Julius is Summer Leo, who has -1 Hp and -3 Atk, but otherwise an identical stat line, color, and movement type.  Hell, they even both come with Atk Ploy in their base kits.  Summer Leo wasn't considered a worthwhile unit even when he was released more than a year ago, but is still arguably better than Julius thanks to IVs and better merge potential.  Not every unit has to be good or have some serviceable niche in the arena meta, but you would think they could have done just a little better for who was lore-wise one of the most omnipotent threats in the entire series.    

Edited by DLNarshen

51 minutes ago, SuperTroll Maxim Lapierre said:

Julius is basically infantry red Female Morgan. I, for one, find her merely annoying but she has screwed me over because of that added bulk. With Armor BST, he'd be the meta.

I think final bosses should at least be a blip on the radar.  With armor BST yeah he would be very strong, and make an impact as all armors seem to do.  The ressurection of

22 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

The closest comparison to Julius is Summer Leo, who has -1 Hp and -3 Atk, but otherwise an identical stat line, color, and movement type.  Hell, they even both come with Atk Ploy in their base kits.  Summer Leo wasn't considered a worthwhile unit even when he was released more than a year ago, but is still arguably better than Julius thanks to IVs and better merge potential.  Not every unit has to be good or have some serviceable niche in the arena meta, but you would think they could have done just a little better for who was lore-wise one of the most omnipotent threats in the entire series.    

I don't think I've ever seen Summer Leo after his bonus banner week.  Same with Julius.  Just sad to see a final boss, and again Julius is very unlikely to get an alt so this is all we get, to be so insignificant.  I fear for Medeus who is unlikely to be on a banner so may be a GHB when/if we get him, he might be done dirty too.

I think I'm through with FE Heroes. I'm just tired of struggling all the time while everyone else finds maps easy for whatever reason, no matter how well I build up any of my units. I don't think I'll do arena or anything anymore. I might go in to look at my units or do easy events like tap battle or something on occasion, but beyond that, I should just quit. I've not gotten any better at the game than I have been for like the past year or so, and it doesn't look like I will. It'd save me (and maybe even others here) headaches if I just (mostly) quit.

Edited by Anacybele

8 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I think I'm through with FE Heroes. I'm just tired of struggling all the time while everyone else finds maps easy for whatever reason, no matter how well I build up any of my units. I don't think I'll do arena or anything anymore. I might go in to look at my units or do easy events like tap battle or something on occasion, but beyond that, I should just quit. I've not gotten any better at the game than I have been for like the past year or so, and it doesn't look like I will. It'd save me (and maybe even others here) headaches if I just (mostly) quit.

Are you using the same units, your core units, to solve every battle?  These battles are meant to be solved with different units, I mean barring I guess people who have +10 merged units maybe those are strong enough to steamroll everything.  It is also best to break down the battle into multiple parts.  In the Jamke battle I see too main things.  The mages on your left, and Astra charged Jamke and the peg knight with guidance that extends his range.  If you have a unit that can tank and kill both mages in response, that takes care of one part.  The next is either avoiding Jamke, or having a really high def unit who can tank his astra and survive.  Then you can kill him and the peg knight.  

Also don't forget they often give multiple days (5, 7?) so no need to rush to finish it immediately. 

6 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Are you using the same units, your core units, to solve every battle?  These battles are meant to be solved with different units, I mean barring I guess people who have +10 merged units maybe those are strong enough to steamroll everything.  It is also best to break down the battle into multiple parts.  In the Jamke battle I see too main things.  The mages on your left, and Astra charged Jamke and the peg knight with guidance that extends his range.  If you have a unit that can tank and kill both mages in response, that takes care of one part.  The next is either avoiding Jamke, or having a really high def unit who can tank his astra and survive.  Then you can kill him and the peg knight.  

Also don't forget they often give multiple days (5, 7?) so no need to rush to finish it immediately. 

Of course I do. A lot of other players use a core team. Thor Odinson for example is constantly using Ryoma, Reinhardt, Nino, and Olivia. There's mampfoid's one-turn clears with the same team. And so on. So if these players can do it, shouldn't I be able to?

I don't seem to have any units that can survive Jamke and not get killed by something else after.

It's as I said, the fact that it's always the same thing: everybody else finds this easy while I struggle is hint enough to me that I don't belong in a game like this. And that's fine, I should be happier and less frustrated in general.

Edited by Anacybele

15 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I mean, the entire point of a game is that it's fun. If parts of a game isn't fun, then I only do it if it lets me do some other part that is fun, and that other part has to be really bloody fun for me to slog through something I dislike.

This is why, for example, I'd actually encourage people to watch F2P guides on GHBs and such and just copy and paste if GHB isn't enjoyable. A lot of resource collection in this game is locked behind challenges that may or may not be fun, so there's every reason to spend as little effort as possible on the parts that aren't enjoyable. Like, I play the grandmaster tactical challenges without looking up guides or going to the thread before I beat the most recent ones, but that's because I happen to like puzzles---if someone else doesn't, but want the feathers or orbs or whatever, then there's no reason not to just look up a solution somewhere if it feels more annoying than fun.

Regarding the core team thing. I definitely have one (Cordelia, Azura, Rein, Lyn), and they'd probably clear every single challenge if I put effort into the maps, but part of the reason they're my core team is because I happen to like strong units, and I'd replace them if one of them stops being able to contribute, and my core team hadn't always been these exact four. (Cordelia was one of my favorites at the start, but fell off once Rein got going and only got back in recently since Flying Azura meant that she's a lot better at her role thanks to having a flier mobility dance and Hone Fliers.)

Usually I just cheese the maps with whatever team looks easiest. The core team is always the go-to, and I can usually find a solution pretty quickly, but if I don't want to try I'd just look at the challenge first and then build a team around it.

It's the difference between what I did for Marth Abyssal and Grima Abyssal. Marth Abyssal I went in with my core team because I wanted to do a 'gear check,' basically, that my current level of merges is more than enough to deal with the inflated stats---and, since I cleared the map, they are. Grima Abyssal I didn't want to put effort in, so I just built a team that would cheese the challenge as I remembered it---Grima is a hilariously flier favored map, so I just brought 2 of my best fliers and then 2 flying dancers and cleared it in two attempts. (The first attempt failed because I forgot I didn't actually give Flying Nino a -blade tome and desperation.)

Marth took a lot longer than Grima, not only did I have to shuffle skills around, but I also had to either do a lot of math prepping beforehand to make sure everyone will survive the hits they need to take, or do a lot of resets after realizing a unit couldn't take it. I tend to go the reset method for the same reason I like grand masters, it's pretty much like putting a puzzle together. And that's fun for me.

If taking a long time isn't fun, though, then there's no shame in not doing a certain GHB or whatever, or just looking up F2P guides.

Just now, DehNutCase said:

I mean, the entire point of a game is that it's fun. If parts of a game isn't fun, then I only do it if it lets me do some other part that is fun, and that other part has to be really bloody fun for me to slog through something I dislike.

This is why, for example, I'd actually encourage people to watch F2P guides on GHBs and such and just copy and paste if GHB isn't enjoyable. A lot of resource collection in this game is locked behind challenges that may or may not be fun, so there's every reason to spend as little effort as possible on the parts that aren't enjoyable. Like, I play the grandmaster tactical challenges without looking up guides or going to the thread before I beat the most recent ones, but that's because I happen to like puzzles---if someone else doesn't, but want the feathers or orbs or whatever, then there's no reason not to just look up a solution somewhere if it feels more annoying than fun.

Regarding the core team thing. I definitely have one (Cordelia, Azura, Rein, Lyn), and they'd probably clear every single challenge if I put effort into the maps, but part of the reason they're my core team is because I happen to like strong units, and I'd replace them if one of them stops being able to contribute, and my core team hadn't always been these exact four. (Cordelia was one of my favorites at the start, but fell off once Rein got going and only got back in recently since Flying Azura meant that she's a lot better at her role thanks to having a flier mobility dance and Hone Fliers.)

Usually I just cheese the maps with whatever team looks easiest. The core team is always the go-to, and I can usually find a solution pretty quickly, but if I don't want to try I'd just look at the challenge first and then build a team around it.

It's the difference between what I did for Marth Abyssal and Grima Abyssal. Marth Abyssal I went in with my core team because I wanted to do a 'gear check,' basically, that my current level of merges is more than enough to deal with the inflated stats---and, since I cleared the map, they are. Grima Abyssal I didn't want to put effort in, so I just built a team that would cheese the challenge as I remembered it---Grima is a hilariously flier favored map, so I just brought 2 of my best fliers and then 2 flying dancers and cleared it in two attempts. (The first attempt failed because I forgot I didn't actually give Flying Nino a -blade tome and desperation.)

Marth took a lot longer than Grima, not only did I have to shuffle skills around, but I also had to either do a lot of math prepping beforehand to make sure everyone will survive the hits they need to take, or do a lot of resets after realizing a unit couldn't take it. I tend to go the reset method for the same reason I like grand masters, it's pretty much like putting a puzzle together. And that's fun for me.

If taking a long time isn't fun, though, then there's no shame in not doing a certain GHB or whatever, or just looking up F2P guides.

Taking a long time isn't fun for me, no. It bores and frustrates me. And about those F2P guides, I feel I'm being forced to use those just about all the time, leaving all the units I worked hard to build up to never or almost never be used and that's not fun either.

And I never completed Marth or Grima Robin Abyssal. Not even F2P guides worked for me there, because I couldn't get the AI to act exactly as they were doing in the videos and there were no ways I could improvise.

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Taking a long time isn't fun for me, no. It bores and frustrates me. And about those F2P guides, I feel I'm being forced to use those just about all the time, leaving all the units I worked hard to build up to never or almost never be used and that's not fun either.

And I never completed Marth or Grima Robin Abyssal. Not even F2P guides worked for me there, because I couldn't get the AI to act exactly as they were doing in the videos and there were no ways I could improvise.

Yeah, if they aren't fun then just don't do them. The part where you can't use units you like is a problem, though. (Since a lot of the point of FEH is building up units you like and then using them to stomp people.)

Unfortunately that's not really fixable without getting a lot better at the game than the developers expect you to, since they're probably designing challenges with the expectation that players are getting better and that their units are getting better. Meaning if your units stay the same you'd have to play a lot better than expected to clear, and getting that good tends to take a lot of time.

Which, you know, defeats the whole point of enjoying something like FEH casually---i.e. with little time invested.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Yeah, if they aren't fun then just don't do them. The part where you can't use units you like is a problem, though. (Since a lot of the point of FEH is building up units you like and then using them to stomp people.)

Unfortunately that's not really fixable without getting a lot better at the game than the developers expect you to, since they're probably designing challenges with the expectation that players are getting better and that their units are getting better. Meaning if your units stay the same you'd have to play a lot better than expected to clear, and getting that good tends to take a lot of time.

Which, you know, defeats the whole point of enjoying something like FEH casually---i.e. with little time invested.

If I just avoid doing all the more difficult challenges though, I miss out on a lot of rewards and that's not fun either.