Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Landmaster said:

I personally find fun it rearranging my teams over and over to find something that works. It took several reconstructed teams to beat Marth and F!Grima on Lunatic, but I did it, and I have all of two units that I've even merged and they're only both +2. No, it's not fun to struggle on things like this while everyone else beats Infernal maps easily but (for me personally) that just doesn't bother me. I still find the game fun. I don't think it means you don't belong in a game like this, you may just want to try out new strategies~

And I can't understand how anyone finds this fun at all. I often find myself spending so much time on looking for solutions to hard maps that I'd rather be using to do other things I enjoy.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Forseti is only desperation with a different hp requirement. He still needs to out speed like normal.

That's a bit disappointing but the way his Desperation works is a lot better than the one we're used to so he's still quite strong.

I personally find fun it rearranging my teams over and over to find something that works. It took several reconstructed teams to beat Marth and F!Grima on Lunatic, but I did it, and I have all of two units that I've even merged and they're only both +2. No, it's not fun to struggle on things like this while everyone else beats Infernal maps easily but (for me personally) that just doesn't bother me. I still find the game fun. I don't think it means you don't belong in a game like this, you may just want to try out new strategies~

And I can't understand how anyone finds this fun at all. I often find myself spending so much time on looking for solutions to hard maps that I'd rather be using to do other things I enjoy.

Lewyn looks very interesting between the potential to have a permanent desperation effect and being our first male to come with Swift Sparrow (the rest of his kit looks very interesting as well). Green's also a color I could use more power in, especially when it come to mages (Vanilla Nino and Soren are the best I've got...my Julia's -atk and F!Robin and Inigo aren't exactly powerhouses). This might be the first banner I'm actually prioritizing a guy lmao (well, for more than just fodder).

I'd say Sylvia looks most likely to demote but I said that about Lene. Still, I'm gonna hope because she doesn't interest me enough to pull for her here. I'm not short on dancers at this point.

I'm very interested in our potential tempest trial healer though...

Good for everyone who wanted more Judgral!  I'm a little sad that they've had a banner more recently than Tellius, which also desperately needs more characters, but hopefully Tellius will get one more before the year's out.  Also, my orbs are safe to be spent on B!Ike merges...

Edited by Venmi

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

And then when someone gives you one with units that you have, you complain that you can't win because you really want to substitute in a unit that doesn't work with the strategy.

Well, I’m entirely indifferent to FE4, so this is an easy skip. 

I’m pretty sure Silvia is dropping because everyone else has a full kit. Plus Quan and Lewyn are pretty plot centric characters while this Silvia is basically an extra. 

Worst case scenario they pull a Fallen Banner and demote nobody. Please don’t...

4 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

For me, one of the things I enjoy about Heroes is all the characters I can use, even characters from games I haven't played yet. I would find it so boring to only use a handful of characters the exact same way. But I also don't only strive to just beat the hardest maps. I just like building up lots of teams and using them in different ways and if I can win, then I feel like I achieved something~ But if your only goal is just beating maps, then I can see why you might not find it enjoyable anymore~

1 minute ago, Garlyle said:

Quan is amazing with this weapon, it's kind of ironic that it's not activating against fliers. If you know what I mean.

Damn, they actually went there. Little details like this are amazing and continue to be my favourite aspect of this game.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't know. They've never dropped a dancer into the 4-star pool since launch Olivia. Even Lene, who's frankly kind of unimpressive as an alternate to Olivia (barring art) stayed as 5-star locked. I have no faith that Sylvia will drop

I completely agree with this. Azura was a prime candidate when they dropped characters to the 4-star pool yet she didn't even though she's heavily outclassed by other dancers. Dancers provide so much utility to the point they'll always find a use even with terrible ivs. I'll be surprised if they decide to drop Slyvia even though she's nothing impressive.

6 minutes ago, ChickenBits said:

I completely agree with this. Azura was a prime candidate when they dropped characters to the 4-star pool yet she didn't even though she's heavily outclassed by other dancers. Dancers provide so much utility to the point they'll always find a use even with terrible ivs. I'll be surprised if they decide to drop Slyvia even though she's nothing impressive.

Man, they really should drop original Azura into the 4-star pool at some point. On legendary Lucina's banner, I got Azura (the only blue I already had) instead of Ishtar or Lucina, and even though I was able to give her sapphire lance+ to my Sully so I didn't have to promote her for it, feels kind of bad that sapphire lance+ is the only worthwhile thing you can pass on from Azura if you weren't merging her. At the very least, couldn't she get a refine like Young Tiki did?

EDIT: I mean, if the reason Lene stayed 5-star was because of sword valor (even if it's the most redundant valor in the game), and Silvia is a drop, I'm happy with that. I'm just not hopeful it'll happen.

Edited by Sunwoo

This time it's much less clear who will be the demote between Silvia and Quan. Lene was an easy pick for staying 5* last time with Sword Valor. I wouldn't be surprised if Quan stayed 5* and Silvia demoted so Quan's rally stays a 5* premium skill for whales to chase.

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

For me, one of the things I enjoy about Heroes is all the characters I can use, even characters from games I haven't played yet. I would find it so boring to only use a handful of characters the exact same way. But I also don't only strive to just beat the hardest maps. I just like building up lots of teams and using them in different ways and if I can win, then I feel like I achieved something~ But if your only goal is just beating maps, then I can see why you might not find it enjoyable anymore~

...Weird. I don't care about using the characters from games I've not played. Because I've not played those games and so I'm not familiar with those characters at all. The only reason I use Reinhardt is because he's extremely good, otherwise I'd completely ignore him and stick with my Tellius and Sacred Stones characters and Frederick and such. I hardly use characters I dislike as well. The point of Heroes to me is to get and train up and use your favorite characters from the series together in battle.

Sigurd's been the one exception because I grew somewhat familiar with him through people talking about him a lot and all. I actually like him from what little I've heard of him. He seems very cool. But otherwise...yeah, don't give a crap about characters I'm not familiar with at all.

I don't just try to beat hard maps either. I play the easier modes and such too. And I enjoy pulling and building up my favorite units. But it also feels like I waste if I don't use those units for tough maps sometimes.

Edited by Anacybele

10 minutes ago, Beadger said:

So. Will ethlyn have the light brand or will she be a healer? That's my question. 

Apparently you can see her sprite in the background covered by Quan's dialogue. She has the staff mark. She's colorless staff which is a first. I'll gladly take it

Edited by silveraura25

I do like that there’s more ambiguity for the next demote as opposed to a Captain Obvious like Libra and Legault. It makes the anticipation much more exciting. That’s assuming we have a demote, of course. 

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

...Weird. I don't care about using the characters from games I've not played. Because I've not played those games and so I'm not familiar with those characters at all. The only reason I use Reinhardt is because he's extremely good, otherwise I'd completely ignore him and stick with my Tellius and Sacred Stones characters and Frederick and such. I hardly use characters I dislike as well. The point of Heroes to me is to get and train up and use your favorite characters from the series together in battle.

Sigurd's been the one exception because I grew somewhat familiar with him through people talking about him a lot and all. I actually like him from what little I've heard of him. He seems very cool. But otherwise...yeah, don't give a crap about characters I'm not familiar with at all.

I don't just try to beat hard maps either. I play the easier modes and such too. And I enjoy pulling and building up my favorite units. But it also feels like I waste if I don't use those units for tough maps sometimes.

Yep, I love it~ XD Some of my favorite units are Ishtar, Tana, Innes, Micaiah, Sigurd, Myrrh, Mia, Fae, Tailtiu, Seliph, etc. It makes me more interested in them and their games so that's why I personally like units that I haven't played the games of (I don't count Roy and Ike because of Smash, but anyway)~ I'm really excited about this new banner and I've never touched Judgral~ Of course, I will always be a bit biased to my favorite characters' games, too, but I wouldn't only want to be limited to them~

And I get what you mean about it seeming to be a waste if you can't beat the maps after all the Building but I just personally find enjoyment in trying different things out. It will of course be harder when sticking to a core of a few units that just isn't working out, but I just think finding new strategies is part of the challenge, but I understand that not everyone finds that type of thing fun~

Yep, I love it~ XD Some of my favorite units are Ishtar, Tana, Innes, Micaiah, Sigurd, Myrrh, Mia, Fae, Tailtiu, Seliph, etc. It makes me more interested in them and their games so that's why I personally like units that I haven't played the games of (I don't count Roy and Ike because of Smash, but anyway)~ I'm really excited about this new banner and I've never touched Judgral~ Of course, I will always be a bit biased to my favorite characters' games, too, but I wouldn't only want to be limited to them~

And I get what you mean about it seeming to be a waste if you can't beat the maps after all the Building but I just personally find enjoyment in trying different things out. It will of course be harder when sticking to a core of a few units that just isn't working out, but I just think finding new strategies is part of the challenge, but I understand that not everyone finds that type of thing fun~

I've never touched Jugdral, but that's not why I find this banner disappointing. It's because we JUST had an FE4 banner like three months ago while other games like Tellius and Sacred Stones have been waiting forever for new characters. And poor FE6 hasn't had a single banner at ALL.

i am guessing special spiral will be infantry only? that skill can come in handy on quite some units and can make defensiv specials more usable across the board. this opens up some intresting unit builds, but also makes Firesweep weapons that more deadlier!

14 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

I've never touched Jugdral, but that's not why I find this banner disappointing. It's because we JUST had an FE4 banner like three months ago while other games like Tellius and Sacred Stones have been waiting forever for new characters. And poor FE6 hasn't had a single banner at ALL.

Yeah, I would like to see those games get more characters, too~ FE6 really deserves some representation~ Hopefully those will be next on IS' list, or at least give them Special versions at the least.

Just now, Landmaster said:

Yeah, I would like to see those games get more characters, too~ FE6 really deserves some representation~ Hopefully those will be next on IS' list, or at least give them Special versions at the least.

"Special versions?" Why would fans of those games just want more alts of characters already in the game over characters who aren't in yet? I'm not asking for alts myself either, I'm asking for actual new characters. This is why I'm not counting the summer banners, since those were just seasonal alts.

3 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Hopefully those will be next on IS' list, or at least give them Special versions at the least.

How about we throw the seasonals into the shed for like half a year at least?