• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian Eh I just somehow think the two sisters won't be together in the end somehow. Getting a sacrifice vibes (maybe from saving the other) or something

I’ve been calling Laevatein self-immolating since the story had brought that up. She will die and Laegjarn will fuck off somewhere because I don’t believe anymore that she’ll be playable.

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The real reason I want more story chapters more than paralogues.

Also speaking of, Sharena did have a different side with the Katarina paralogues (well at least she had a something there which disappeared after that). Wish we get more in the main story I guess.

I think I care a little bit more about Helbindi because he has two sides. Yeah there's the Muspell warrior side, but he is also a little bit caring, like in that chapter with Ylgr. And I guess there's a bit of a Gonzales vibe in there. I mostly am interested in him and the Muspell older sister the main trio + Fjorm I guess. 

Reveal hidden contents

Also totally thought the other sacrifice would be either Laevatainn or her sister somehow.

Oh yeah. It's been so long I had practically forgotten about Sharena getting some love in that paralogue. It was nice seeing her take center stage. And her "FOR MY FRIENDS" thing worked there. Honestly Sharena and Veronica could have some good development together. They're both kind of similar in that they want friends. Veronica goes about it by taking what she wants by force...and Sharena is actually personable. I could see her actually enjoying a tea party with Ronnie and trying to teach her how to make friends properly. And Veronica is in a gray enough area that she can actually be helped. Same with Helbindi probably. Sharena as the big guy's sister? Absolutely precious. But knowing IS, they'll probably try to make befriend someone like Surtr... >.> 

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I want more people to like Sharena. I want to like Sharena more. But she just doesn’t do anything. ANYTHING beyond just being a cute trusting idiot.
What a waste of character. Fjorm, too. And Gunnthrá. Even in a mobile crossover spinoff, Fire Emblem can’t write female characters to save its life.

Amen to all of this. I'll admit that I generally have a harder time liking female characters across most forms of media, but I've got a solid group of characters I can say I like without a doubt. It honestly wouldn't take that much effort on IS's part to give the female protagonists a little...oomph. Fjorm's gotta' know she's basically dying. Give her a little inner monologue about it. Gunnthra's a lost cause until we bring her back because she's not really burned to a crisp. She just has amnesia. She'll come back in the form of a masked knight. 

A lot of people have issues writing female characters. Even some women can't write a good female character. Speaking from my personal observations of various female characters I've seen (which, to be fair, isn't a lot -- I don't really pay attention to media) can be due to her being a non-relevant character, being pigeonholed into "stereotypical feminine traits" (like being trusting or naive, dainty, gentle, etc.), or are the "strong female character" that actually isn't a strong female character because the author doesn't know what an actual strong female character is like.

38 minutes ago, Mercakete said:

Anyone else notice the confusing choice to give the thief in Chapter 12-2 Hard mode Firestorm Dance 1?

I guess you could say he's a...Smooth Criminal. I should see myself out for that one

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Btw, could Hrid stop sweating now?

About Hríd's appearance (datamine):

Spoiler

Your wish may soon be granted, since the datamine for Doorway to Destiny has artwork assets for non-sweating/non-hurt Hríd.

Edited by Tactician_Iris

24 minutes ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Hide contents

Your wish may soon be granted, since the datamine for Doorway to Destiny has artwork assets for non-sweating/non-hurt Hríd.

Sweet, I was actually worried they would just let him like stay like that forever. Guess it's fine for now to keep him dirty/hurt, but those beads of sweat, even while they were camping, were bugging me.

50 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Gunnthra's a lost cause until we bring her back because she's not really burned to a crisp. She just has amnesia. She'll come back in the form of a masked knight.

Eh, some parasite therapy and stupid clothing will fix her up. :p

Anyway, Lewyn is stupidly strong and Myrrh's high stat level quote is adorable. Myrrh's and Nowi's contrasting ways of coping with their lifespans is interesting. Myrrh looks and is probably young for a manakete, but she is wise and accepts the differences in the world. Nowi on the other hand is carefree and acts "childish" in a way that seems like she's trying to make the best of things knowing she'll outlive her friends and that her family isn't there anymore assuming they aren't alive and she can't find them.

Tempest Trial and New Heroes puts me in a quarrel. Who should I try to get? Sigurd or Lewyn? It'll be difficult if I try to spend for both, so who should I go for first?

I got Lewyn (-Def, +Res) with about 50 orbs, then decided to finally take a crack at Brave Hector. After about 90 orbs, I got a duplicate 5* Tailtiu. Fun.

I still have another 260 orbs, but I'd rather keep sitting on them for now. I'm not in a hurry, and Hector will make plenty of returns.

4 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Well on a more positive note, I love that Disturbance in Augustria is in FEH now, it's one of my favourite tracks in Genealogy :)

Confronting Arvis still isn’t in FEH and likely never will ;_;
Disturbance in Agustria and Eldigan the Lionheart are my two favourite BGM tracks in the series, however.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Confronting Arvis still isn’t in FEH and likely never will ;_;
Disturbance in Agustria and Eldigan the Lionheart are my two favourite BGM tracks in the series, however.

I can only hope it would be in a future (maybe gen 2?) FE4 themed Tempest Trial map as a boss theme

Would be kind of weird to have it as a normal map theme for story chapters I guess. 

2 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I can only hope it would be in a future (maybe gen 2?) FE4 themed Tempest Trial map as a boss theme

Would be kind of weird to have it as a normal map theme for story chapters I guess. 

I wonder why GHBs don’t have special BGM. Would have made them infinitely more enjoyable. Tempest would work too. Emperor Arvis when?

Yeah, it won’t work as a map theme. They missed a huge chance when Arvis GHB got rerun, though.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I wonder why GHBs don’t have special BGM. Would have made them infinitely more enjoyable. Tempest would work too. Emperor Arvis when?

Yeah, it won’t work as a map theme. They missed a huge chance when Arvis GHB got rerun, though.

I wish GHBs had special battle themes like the BHBs. Or have BHB versions with GHB units (Linus/Lloyd, Arvis/Julis BHBs?)

@Rafiel's Aria Now he looks like more like a female Morgan if she actually had her normal Tactician robes instead of the Dark Flier one haha

That bow goes well with dark-haired characters actually :O

8 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

I'm a proud mama. It's things like this that will make my future children hate me.

It’s cute, and that’s all that matters.
I found a different use for the bow:
Screenshot_20180907-192853.jpg

I like Micaiah’s ribbon that goes on the back of the head better but alas, we’re never getting it.

5 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I wish GHBs had special battle themes like the BHBs. Or have BHB versions with GHB units (Linus/Lloyd, Arvis/Julis BHBs?)

Again, reruns should have included special BGM for the maps that didn’t have it.

Is green dark enough? (see my Cecilia)

1 hour ago, Garlyle said:

Tempest Trial and New Heroes puts me in a quarrel. Who should I try to get? Sigurd or Lewyn? It'll be difficult if I try to spend for both, so who should I go for first?

Well, green is the rarest color and has the highest five star summoning rate. Red is the most common color and there are two red units on Sigurd's banner meaning that you have a higher chance of obtaining a red focus unit. I'd rather focus on which unit are you in need of more. Do you need a offensive green mage or a tanky sword cavalry unit?

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

@Rafiel's Aria Now he looks like more like a female Morgan if she actually had her normal Tactician robes instead of the Dark Flier one haha

Tbh he's starting to look like me now. XD This is what happens when I'm allowed to dress people up. Though I did put the red helm on Brave Celica, and it looks SUPER cool.

@Vaximillian Ooooh. It looks really nice on her too. It's odd. I think this ribbon looks better than than the tiara version on a lot of characters. At least on the ones I've tried. It just looks a little off-center. Then again, maybe that's because Raven doesn't like it. 

BTW, congrats on the +10 Cecilia. I remember being tagged in that post and thinking I'd comment on it later...but got busy. I'm glad you got that last copy of her!

13 minutes ago, Rafiel's Aria said:

Ooooh. It looks really nice on her too. It's odd. I think this ribbon looks better than than the tiara version on a lot of characters. At least on the ones I've tried. It just looks a little off-center. Then again, maybe that's because Raven doesn't like it. 

BTW, congrats on the +10 Cecilia. I remember being tagged in that post and thinking I'd comment on it later...but got busy. I'm glad you got that last copy of her!

I think I found the one person who rocks the tiara as well as Celica herself does without being silly in the process:
Screenshot_20180907-195850.jpg

And thank you! It took me two months between the +9 and +10 merges. Gacha is hell, no matter the colour.
Speaking of Celica, I’m now trying for her because DB4 will be great for Cecilia. I’m even going to fodder my freebie if I don’t manage to pull one by Tuesday.
I’m getting desperate, you see.

29 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Well, green is the rarest color and has the highest five star summoning rate. Red is the most common color and there are two red units on Sigurd's banner meaning that you have a higher chance of obtaining a red focus unit. I'd rather focus on which unit are you in need of more. Do you need a offensive green mage or a tanky sword cavalry unit?

Good point, gave me a few tips on what to look for. Actually I have 7 green mages (Deirdre, Nino, PegaNino, Rhajat, H!Henry, Gunthrá and S!Elise), while I have 19 red sword 5* units (the 4 cavs are Roy, Chrom, Xander and Ares). Still a tough call, it might be Lewyn.

EDIT: on the other hand, Sigurd would be great team with my new Quan.

Edited by Garlyle

47 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Given they don't bother most of the time with custom interiors for indoor GHBs (or BHBs I think) either, I think one could say they just don't want to invest that much in these get a freebie character battles. Poor Oliver's glorious mansion, with luxurious red carpeting and fine paintings adorning the walls- not at all given a showing. 

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

Wow a rush of 5☆ heroes I got this morning. First run I get Hardin +res -sp for merge. Second run I got +atk -res Sigurd for merge, and on the 3rd run I got green Olwen and Sylvia +atk -hp. This is actually a relief because I had a drought of 5☆ heroes a few weeks ago.

Now, my plan for refinement is giving Brazen Ragnarok to Celica and Desperation. But idk whether to give ger Fury or Swift Sparrow from the Olwen I got? Thoughts?

My other plan is to train Jamke and refine his Slaying Bow for extra dew.

1 minute ago, Quintessence said:

But idk whether to give ger Fury or Swift Sparrow from the Olwen I got? Thoughts?

Fury is a reliable way to get her into Brazen Desperation range after the first engagement, and it helps her more than modest defences, too.
Swift Sparrow is a more generalistic boost, I guess, and she will still get knocked into Brazen Desperation after taking a counter in most cases.
Brazen Atk/Spd might be an optimal option because +19/+19 under 80% is fair and balanced.

These are all fine alternatives in my layman opinion.

4 hours ago, Tactician_Iris said:

Reveal hidden contents

OH THIS ALSO SUPPORTS THE IDEA OF HIM EVENTUALLY BEING PLAYABLE. Though he can't be this month's legendary, I think that one is blue... He could be October's though, I think?