• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

Lewyn is so busted. Because of Special Spiral, people said to give him an AoE and Heavy/Flashing Blade. I gave him Growing Wind from a spare Merric and chose to farm some SP using Jamke's GHB to see if default Lewyn can destroy it. Well, he can, but he needed some help from other allies to take care of surrounding enemies and a dancer to two-shot the axe armor. Being -Res doesn't help with taking a hit from the red mage, but anyway, got the SP for Growing Wind and wanted to see what would happen. After taking out the axe armor and moving everyone out so that the Guidance flier doesn't send Jamke in to destroy anyone he attacks, Lewyn can destroy basically everyone. Clair was only there to take out Jamke who was in a weird spot and also because I was only using two dancers.

I've already seen Special Spiral Lilina and Sonya. Haven't seen comments about Ishtar and Merric and they have Killer tomes. Ishtar would have an easier time because of her high speed and Mjolnir's built-in Darting Blow 3, but Merric's defense is pretty good, so charged Bonfires would be neat if you can get it to work for him.

I just summoned Ares and I kind of want to promote him for Dark Mystletainn, but I have a lot of red 5* units, especially swords, and not a lot of feathers to spare for more than two 5* promotes, so even though he would be able to do stupid things, I'm putting him and Caeda on hold. Has anyone run Ares with Pavise? I've seen a few comments saying he can be a stupid tank with it. I wish Shield Pulse was more common since I'd like to do a Basilikos, Pavise, Shield Pulse build with Raven. Fjorm having both Shield and Atk/Def Bond makes it hard to burn her for either. Sharena and others would benefit from Atk/Def Bond, but Linus and Raven look like stupid fun with Pavise.

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Yeah, I'd say Earth pairs up well with F!Grima~

And in some universes, F!Grima is Caeda's great-great-great-great... granddaughter-in-law. :p

I wonder aesthetically what Caeda would look like with an earth blessing. Fire matches her outfit while water matches her hair. At least with Clair, who complements both F!Grima and vanguard Ike, she's a blonde which works with earth blessing.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

And in some universes, F!Grima is Caeda's great-great-great-great... granddaughter-in-law. :p

I wonder aesthetically what Caeda would look like with an earth blessing. Fire matches her outfit while water matches her hair. At least with Clair, who complements both F!Grima and vanguard Ike, she's a blonde which works with earth blessing.

Truuuuu

Yeah, I have mine as a Water Blessing, Earth probably fits her the least aesthetically, IMO, but it may work~

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Truuuuu

Yeah, I have mine as a Water Blessing, Earth probably fits her the least aesthetically, IMO, but it may work~

Earth and water makes sense the most with F!Grima and Ryoma being fliers. Fire could work with Hector and Marth. Hector gives an attack boost and covers lances for her and she can use Guidance to help him move around while Marth is her husband. It'd work way better had Caeda had Wing Spear, but we'd run into the issue of there being two lance fliers with the exact same weapon and essentially the same stats. This is assuming Clair did get Rhomphaia in this situation and had the same effects, but I digress.

She's on hold, so maybe there will be a legendary hero of fire who's a flier by then. And maybe I'll finally summon a legendary hero of fire too. Freaking game denying me ever summoning a Hector despite three versions of him being green and as a focus unit when I tried. I just need a Hector to reunite the Blazing Blade lords and Lilina's missing her dad. Think of the delightful monster who incinerates everything with Lilina's Tome Forblaze.

Yeah I also cleared CC Lunatic. It took only one try but all three teams because damn these enemies are tricky. First one was Vero, Sigurd, Reinhardt and Miccy (dancer), they got killed progressively until the 2nd team came on Jamke/Cuan map, in which I used Elincia, Airzura, Camilla and Summermilla, they all died on the last map and then I finished it off with Brave Hector (boots), Gunnthrá, Lene and Karla. Brave Hector one rounded Loki, Gunnthrá deleted Cuan, Hector rekt Ethlyn and Sylvia, Karla killed Levin, and Hector deleted Jamke and tanked the peg.

Healers make a big difference on these chain challenge maps, especially the longer ones. I didn't really have success until I brought in Priscilla to give Reinhardt hone cavalry support and heal, but my initial team of normal Reinhardt, normal Eirika, PA!Azura, and Priscilla really cleaned house until ... I want to say the 8th or 9th map? Both Eirika and Azura having wings of mercy was fun, because they teleported all over the place.

Pretty sure the second team was mage Eirika, WT!Olwen, normal Elise, and a dancer (I think it was NY!Azura), but they actually didn't last all that long. Final team was WT!Reinhardt, brave bow Leon, normal Olwen, and .... I want to say the last person was a dancer, but I'm not actually sure? That last map was such a pain because I couldn't predict what Silvia's AI would do, and because Loki would basically kill anyone she hit, so I had to make sure to retreat and move back a lot. Not gonna lie, I got super lucky with that last map.

On 9/6/2018 at 10:08 PM, Motendra said:

I exclusively run KING Michalis of MACEDON! at any and all times as my rep. Not once have I taken him off @Astellius @Arcanite #MacedonForever 

As for VGs? Generally the chosen unit (if I have them). The only thing that annoys me is when I get someone's unit and they aren't fully leveled to 40.

That would be the latter

I am forever Team Macedon. Although, I must admit, I do have some reservations about Michalis. I'm not totally convinced I can forgive him for what he did. That said, I recently upgraded the Savage Blow SS for Maria, and gave her a Pain+ staff. She's quite incredible with that set. But it's good to see another who is so fondly a member of Team Macedon!

#MacedonForever

6 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

@SatsumaFSoysoy @mcsilas @mampfoid @Rafiel's Aria @Cute Chao and @JSND Alter Dragon Boner too, I guess:

My lady General is finally complete.
I didn’t even need to kill off my freebie! So happy and proud right now.

Oh wow, now I see were that Celica went. Congrats on finally finishing her, looks great! Good luck getting more Marths as well. 

@Vaximillian Cecilia eats Celica. I hate the yellow border though but congrats on making a powerhouse Cecilia!

Totally did not mix up their names the first time I typed that sentence

I want the calendar already so I can plan my orb spending. Don't have a lot of CCs left and I don't want to use them all right now and see approximately how many orbs are coming in the future first..

I guess TT banner will be up soon though

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Oh wow, now I see were that Celica went. Congrats on finally finishing her, looks great! Good luck getting more Marths as well. 

Now I almost regret forgoing the Atk/Def Cecilia I had had long ago for the current Spd/Def one. Or I do not.

Oh, and she also has Hone and Fortify Cav, obviously. And GTB just in case because it’s proved its worth over and over again.

1 minute ago, mcsilas said:

@Vaximillian Cecilia eats Celica. I hate the yellow border though but congrats on making a powerhouse Cecilia!

Totally did not mix up their names the first time I typed that sentence

My closest-one-to-count-as-a-waifu deserves only the best. I wish rank 4 had the same red border the special effect forges got for their icons. Fat yellow border is ugly.

Celica, Cecilia, Celice… Cecil when?!

(and I know Celice is officially Seliph, shut up)

4 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Given that IS can't even be bothered to give either Luke or Roderick even just one more banner appearance, I can't say I particularly like her chances.

I don’t like anyone’s chances these days. It’s the new “okay” for me.

Relay defense is getting pretty annoying at level 6---the stats are high enough that I really want to make, like, 2 whole teams of Pain Savage Blow healers just so I can vantage sweep.

Maybe they'll change the numbers later, but for now I'm going to look through my box for some healers I don't mind promoting up.

Edit: They really shouldn't have made a game mode where you want to play with your friends' units so hard that you need min-maxing to win. Making people prune the friend's list based on the combat viability of their lead unit is going to get old real quick.

Edited by DehNutCase

I think it's a bridge too far. Abyssal LHBs with purely cosmetic rewards are one thing, this is something else altogether. I know we have two weeks to do it but it might be the first content since the first TT where I willingly pass up material rewards. Heard map 7 was an orb, haven't seen the full rewards for every tier but I think even if map 8 was also an orb, I'll give up two orbs a fortnight to not have to do this.

I think I hate Relay Defense more than I hate Voting Gauntlets, which says a lot.

TWO Abyssal maps.
AI always has the numbers advantage; player can only have up to 5 units on the map while the AI starts off with 8 and can have as many as 12 on the map. This is easily problematic due to rampant stat inflation in the AI units at higher difficulties.
Entering a map with an empty Brigade is only going to waste your stamina at later difficulties - the randomly generated units you get are too weak to handle Infernal/Abyssal maps (still stuck at lv. 40 with base kit).
It uses the same map slot as Rival Domains, meaning no Rival Domains map would be run while a Relay Defense map is going on.

2-week time limit is a double-edged sword. The player gets more time to clear a Relay Defense map but no Rival Domains map to be run.

With the direction IS is taking with higher difficulties, is this indicative that IS is pushing the limits of the powercreep envelope?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

I think I’m going to give this vomit of a mode a middle finger, then.

Like I said, I think I hate Relay Defense more than I hate Voting Gauntlets. Can't help but think about this.

14 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

With the direction IS is taking with higher difficulties, is this indicative that IS is pushing the limits of the powercreep envelope?

8 minutes ago, Roflolxp54 said:

Maps 1 and 7 give out 1 orb each from Relay Defense.

Ah.

Well that's stupid. They should've at least made the second orb reward on map 5.

Has potential, but the devs rushed with a bunch of things. Stat inflation coupled with enemies constantly spawning is a terrible idea. The unit swap only had meaning in the higher difficulties. The maps are pain+close counter+vantage in a nutshell. Most importantly, they put high difficulty abyssal at the start. Why'd you do that IS?

Pray to PM1 for f2p strats

Edited by silveraura25