Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

4 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

That’s the point. The recent additions to the grey pool are staves. Kaze was in May (four months ago), Legault was in June (three months ago). Since then new daggers started getting coloured (with the exception of Xander because today’s Intsys usually doesn’t double up on colours in banners). And then the new addition is very much hinted to be coloured as well. They are moving daggers away from grey and shoving them into colours. If this is not what’s happening, please enlighten me.

Our last grey bow in the pool was Hinoka back in April (almost five months ago). SInce then there were Lyn, Lucina, and a GHB Jamke who obviously doesn’t matter due to being a GHB.  They are moving bows away from grey and shoving them into colours. If this is not what’s happening, please enlighten me.

Sothe? January. Veronica does all what Sothe does (except Repositioning), and she does it better due to inbuilt Dazzling and magical damage.
Felicia’s new weapon? February. More than half a year ago. The direction where they are taking grey has changed since then.

Instead of making grey even more less worth it, they should have improved the current pool. Unlock the passives on the pre-Nanna healers, at the very least. Knock their requirements down a notch. Rework complete trash like Gaius, Jakob, and Virion. Give them better fodderable skills, remake their kits and weapons, I dunno, do something instead of turning grey into a homestead of Veronica, Sothe, and a handful fodderables like Klein, Legault, and the aforementioned Sothe. And for the love of Naga, keep the identity of colourless by keeping it colourless.

All the colored options have been Leg heroes so far, characters not even in the General pool and obviously meant to be unique. Hinoka was the last colorless bow, sure, but we also havent received a non seasonal/legendary archer since then so there is no way to tell.

This is actually the first time we are even getting a colored dagger in the general pool, since the first time we saw them were seasonals, which dont go by normal unit standards.

We have been getting flying tomes and dagger cavalry and flying daggers, doesnt mean thats the new norm does it? We still get infantry tomes, infantry dancers, daggers, etc. Just because its something new they are putting out doesnt mean we are not getting any of the old. We have been getting the older types of units despite there obviously being new character types introduced.

This is a stupid jump to conclusions/assumption being made on one single general pool banner. That we havent even got revealed yet, we dont even know she is a dagger, despite it being very likely.

Colorless isnt going anywhere, and its made great steps in the right direction this year. The introduction of colored daggers and bows has done nothing to hurt it or the game, other than add more variation to the character list. Which is apparently a bad thing now.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 minute ago, Tolvir said:

All the colored options have been Leg heroes so far, characters not even in the General pool and obviously meant to be unique. Hinoka was the last colorless bow, sure, but we also havent received a non seasonal/legendary archer since then so there is no way to tell.

This is actually the first time we are even getting a colored dagger in the general pool, since the first time we saw them were seasonals, which dont go by normal unit standards.

We have been getting flying tomes and dagger cavalry and flying daggers, doesnt mean thats the new norm does it? We still get infantry tomes, infantry dancers, daggers, etc. Just because its something new they are putting out doesnt mean we are not getting any of the old. We have been getting the older types of units despite there obviously being new character types introduced.

This is a stupid jump to conclusions/assumption being made on one single general pool banner. That we havent even got revealed yet, we dont even know she is a dagger, despite it being very likely.

Colorless isnt going anywhere, and its made great steps in the right direction this year. The introduction of colored daggers and bows has done nothing to hurt it or the game, other than add more variation to the character list. Which is apparently a bad thing now.

Seasonals have always been in the vanguard of changes in this game. They first test the waters with the seasonals and then maaaybe trickle the new skills, weapons, and combos down into the general pool. 8%s are in the same position. There will be green bows in the general pool, and there will be blue and red bows in the general pool, to the detriment of grey bows.

See, coloured daggers are already trickling down from the (extremely recent!) seasonal banner. Denying the grey’s transformation doesn’t look reasonable to me.

Remember when flying tomes were seasonal-only? Nino and Morgan are a thing now, and we can surely expect Aversa to join their ranks relatively soon as a pullable red flying tome. They keep unusual combinations rare by throttling them via seasonals to encourage pulling and eventually still add them to the general pool. It’s unreasonable to not expect dagger cavalry and flying daggers to make it into the general pool. But it’s likely that they won’t be grey.

This single general pool banner is the canary in the coal mine. It makes the way for coloured daggers much like Morgan made the way for general-pool flying tomes. Call me bitter and pessimistic but you can’t deny that it is happening before our very own eyes.

It did nothing to improve grey, which is the point.

8 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Seasonals have always been in the vanguard of changes in this game. They first test the waters with the seasonals and then maaaybe trickle the new skills, weapons, and combos down into the general pool. 8%s are in the same position. There will be green bows in the general pool, and there will be blue and red bows in the general pool, to the detriment of grey bows.

See, coloured daggers are already trickling down from the (extremely recent!) seasonal banner. Denying the grey’s transformation doesn’t look reasonable to me.

Remember when flying tomes were seasonal-only? Nino and Morgan are a thing now, and we can surely expect Aversa to join their ranks relatively soon as a pullable red flying tome. They keep unusual combinations rare by throttling them via seasonals to encourage pulling and eventually still add them to the general pool. It’s unreasonable to not expect dagger cavalry and flying daggers to make it into the general pool. But it’s likely that they won’t be grey.

This single general pool banner is the canary in the coal mine. It makes the way for coloured daggers much like Morgan made the way for general-pool flying tomes. Call me bitter and pessimistic but you can’t deny that it is happening before our very own eyes.

It did nothing to improve grey, which is the point.

By your own statement, yes, they keep them rare. Which is my entire point, colored bows and daggers wont be common, they will happen from time to time but wont be every new dagger and bow we get. It takes some heat off of the colorless pool by not every single "colorless" weapon type being thrown in now, which was a lot. Colorless Hell's issue was being overbloated with units, especially ones that sucked, but overall by just having too many at 5*s added in.

Now we get less overall in the pool, but what we have been getting is good, which has made colorless much more desirable to go into. So it has helped colorless, by giving us more decent colorless, and less colorless being shoved in all the time causing the pool to be flooded. Now bows and daggers can be added elsewhere as well.

This is really a big jump to conclusions you are making here.

12 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There will be green bows in the general pool, and there will be blue and red bows in the general pool, to the detriment of grey bows

Colorless bows are still the best nukes in the game. Brave Bow rivals the might of Blade tomes and Firesweep Bow trivializes Arena and Arena Assault. Colorless archers have those perks without being cockblocked by the triangle, unlike mages.

In my opinion, GA!Lucina would have been much better if she was colorless instead of blue. Being blue is more of a measure that limits her power to allow green tanks to face her more easily.

52 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

They are moving bows away from grey and shoving them into colours. If this is not what’s happening, please enlighten me.

All of the colored bows so far have an exclusive weapon that makes sense to have a color.

The daggers are iffy, but Ryoma's blue color matches the thunder element of his Raijinto, Elincia's green color is as close as you get to her Heaven affinity, and the likely new addition,

Spoiler

Flora's likely red color would match Flame Shuriken.

Edited by Ice Dragon

53 minutes ago, XRay said:

Impressive. Maybe I will try that when I win the lottery someday.

He got some units from his friend list (Elincia, Raven & L'Ephraim). GF builds aren't as common as Aether builds, I couldn't muster 5% of these from my FL. 

Too bad he doesn't show builds and merge levels. 

2 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

You can see the character's builds on the top ribbon and figure out their merge levels from their stats.

I'm too lazy. Perhaps I'll do that tomorrow at my computer, curious if the 5* exclusives where all +10. 

I don't see any reason to think there's a reduction in colorless characters being added, whether in the regular summoning pool or otherwise. In fact, the recent emphasis of color balanced banners seems to help them, guaranteeing them on any 4-character banner. We certainly wouldn't have gotten three dagger units on the recent seasonal banner if not for two of them having colored daggers. If not for colored bows, I don't think Lucina would have had one at all, and I'm not sure Lyn would have, either.

So I read somewhere the speculations on the internet about the next banner being a Fates banner. If it's true, most likely I'll be able to save up orbs again, there's already more characters in this game from Fates than from any other titles. Also from the poll I made I can see that 86% of the people are not very interested in seeing new characters from Fates. Feels like it's just a move from the devs so they can create more Seasonal Fates units. Don't believe me? - 61 units, from which 23 are alts.

Binding Blade when?

Anna with speed refine feels pretty nice to use---5 hp fixes her physical bulk, more or less, and 3 speed pushes her from 'pretty good' to 'never doubled' while also doubling basically every single dragon.

Helps that blue blue green green is a lot more balanced of a color combo than something like red red blue blue. Blue being so stacked really tilts color balance when you're making teams.

: /

I'm glad IS is increasing the frequency of new hero banners. You can see it's been quite quiet around these parts for the past day or so. Imagine This kind of one day spanning for a week

11 minutes ago, Poimagic said:

For those who want to know, Flora has been confirmed to be on the banner, which makes it likely to be a Fates banner 

The only thing that can “confirm” or “deconfirm” Flora’s presence on the banner is FEH’s official twitter and in-game bulletin board.

4 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Ethlyn ❤

Screenshot_20180911-191506.png

Too bad I don't have savage blow fodder right now, but this looks really fun.  Ethlyn will get the next Camilla I pull for sure.  This looks really fun.

1 minute ago, Thane said:

Figures. What am I supposed to do all day tomorrow, be a productive member of society? Get out of here.

You can grind the tempest. Ethlyn is such a ❤, and Allegra Clark’s performance is absolutely divine.

15 minutes ago, Thane said:

Didn't we get last banner's trailer two days in advance as opposed to one? Do we know why, and if there's a pattern to that? 

I'm not a patient man, no.

We got the trailer for Doorway to Destiny last Tuesday when the banner launched Friday. Today is Tuesday and this next banner is also launching on a Friday, so the trailer may well show up later today.