• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

Honestly it suits her quite well, doesn’t it?

Colourscheme-wise, it does. Otherwise, I’m indifferent to bunnies in all shapes, ways, and forms.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

My Sigurd and Jamke had that honor. 

Screenshot_20180914-144000.png

Sigurd solo’d him on normal and hard but he needed some help in Lunatic. Well, more like I wanted to wrap things up in less turns instead of letting Sigurd tank him. Hmm, sending Xander should have been more appropriate. I was just using my current TT team. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

Hmm, sending Xander should have been more appropriate.  

And fitting to the story. They didn’t allow Xander to rescue Veronica, you should have given him free reins instead.

I made Surtr's head explode by blaring Metallica at him very loudly.

Spoiler

And by that, I mean I had my latest obsession (Celica with her shiny, refined Ragnarok) do him in since I just used my TT team for this last chapter (Celica, Silvia, Summer Cordelia, Lil' Alfy Foo Foo).

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

And fitting to the story. They didn’t allow Xander to rescue Veronica, you should have given him free reins instead.

I remembered that after I cleared Lunatic. I was using my TT team to clear the story chapter. I’ll give Xander the honor later. TT team is currently Sigurd, Lewyn, Jamke and F!Morgan. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

My BK took care of Surtr for me I love smashing enemies to pieces with my favorite villain.  My armor team smashes everything to pieces.  Of course this was lunatic Eldigan had the honor on normal and hard but I needed armor to have all 4 units survive on lunatic since I was being lazy.

I don't get all the complaints... I really liked the story. It felt like a full-game FE story, and I felt for every character involved. It was really cool to see all four countries come together like that, even if it was only for a moment. What a nice ending, peppered with a bit of sadness. Also, totally called Fjorm's cold. Man, I want to see Askr, Embla, Muspel and Nifl sometime (the dragons.) Four dragons, four elements. Nifl should be water, Muspel is fire, Askr should be wind, and Embla should be earth. That'd be super cool to see their designs, both in dragon form and in humanoid form.

Edit: Also, man, I love the map music in this chapter.

Edited by Mercakete

I just summoned a +Atk, -HP 4* Clair! I was only going to do the discounted, first summoning session with Nohrian Dusk, but I figured why not, let's see if I can get any 3* to 4* units I want or maybe some miracle would happen and a miracle did. Screw it, she's my next merge project. Eliwood can wait for his 60k feathers and +3 final merges, Cherche, Lilina, and if I promoted Ares are already powerful at +0, Odin's Odin, I'm still not sure what I want to do with Soleil, Pavise, Shield Pulse Raven is waiting on Divine Dew and me not being sure if I really want to use my only spare copy of Fjorm for Shield Pulse, L'Arachel needs like 11 more copies of her. It's Clair time, boys and girls!

Edited by Kaden

I had to have Alfonse defeat Surtr at least once, so I used the Askr trio+Fjorm on the final chapter of normal mode.

Other than that, regular Eirika and Lewyn and sword Reinhardt have had their turn with Surtr, too.

I am down to three Hector left. I wanted feed one to Laevatein when I get my hands on her. One of my Hectors is neutral at level 1, so I am keeping that one (I keep neutrals so I do not have to open up Gamepedia every time). One is [+Atk, -Spd], so I am obviously keeping that one. Last one is [+Def, -HP], perfect!

However, I quickly realized that the +Def one is my first Hector, my first 5*, ever. I want to sacrifice him, but sentimental value is preventing me from doing so. I guess it is no big deal and I can just wait for the next Focus with Hector to summon more of him. And that makes me feel a little... Soft? Pathetic?... for not being able to fodder him for no objective reason. I want to overcome it and fodder him, but at the same time, I technically do not need to.

You guys have any similar experiences? Were you able to overcome sentimental obstacles?

5 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am down to three Hector left. I wanted feed one to Laevatein when I get my hands on her. One of my Hectors is neutral at level 1, so I am keeping that one (I keep neutrals so I do not have to open up Gamepedia every time). One is [+Atk, -Spd], so I am obviously keeping that one. Last one is [+Def, -HP], perfect!

However, I quickly realized that the +Def one is my first Hector, my first 5*, ever. I want to sacrifice him, but sentimental value is preventing me from doing so. I guess it is no big deal and I can just wait for the next Focus with Hector to summon more of him. And that makes me feel a little... Soft? Pathetic?... for not being able to fodder him for no objective reason. I want to overcome it and fodder him, but at the same time, I technically do not need to.

You guys have any similar experiences? Were you able to overcome sentimental obstacles?

1) Yes

2) I'm going to have to overcome my sentimental attachment to my first Eirika (neutral), as I've pulled +atk -res sword Eirika recently. And if I ever get +atk Rein, I'll have to merge my +res -spd into him. So it'll happen at some point.

6 minutes ago, XRay said:

My first 5-star got merged into a giant Tiki. The 4-star Marth from that same session is long dead. The 4-star Caeda from that session is still there at level 20, separating Anna from Alfonse when sorted by acquisition. She'll probably get merged into a giant Caeda one day.

Turn your Hector into a book.

14 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

The Askr trio I feel should always stay in the rotation. Removing them is heresy.

I don't care if Fjorm stays or goes. I don't think they'll ever remove Grand Hero Battle characters, but I would also consider that a bad move considering they're typically treated as extensions of a banner these days.

Strictly speaking, they are pushing old GHB units out of the rotation (but the new one, Garon, is still in).

@XRay My first 5* (a +Res/-Def Catria IIRC) no longer exists, as I merged her into a +Spd one a pretty good while ago now. My second oldest 5* (+Spd/-HP Young Lion Roy) is still kicking though, complete with a refined Binding Blade.

I've also managed to say "to hell" to my completionist tendency to keep one of each hero around on occasions, namely foddering the only Anamnesis Lady Eirika I've had to date, foddering Katarina twice (once for Swift Sparrow, the other for Raudrowl+; I do not currently have a Katarina), and pretty much throwing away all my copies of Lyon.

28 minutes ago, XRay said:

I am entirely too sentimental for this game because it kills me to kill off any unit I like even if it's not even a 5*.

It took me 2-3 days to merge L!Lyn because I just didn't want to merge the first one I pulled into the one with the better IVs

18 minutes ago, Reiska said:

Strictly speaking, they are pushing old GHB units out of the rotation (but the new one, Garon, is still in).

It was implied that I was referring to new Grand Hero Battle characters that are implemented in accompaniment to a new banner.

I don't really care if old Grand Hero Battle characters never get to be Arena bonus Heroes again.

Edited by Ice Dragon

38 minutes ago, XRay said:

Absolutely.  I have 3* copies of Fir and Gaius with subpar natures I've never foddered or turned to books simply because they were from my first summoning session ever.  I have a +Def/-Res Tiki as a base to my +10 despite having pulled -Spd variants for the same reason -- not only first session, but first summon ever.  Some units I have I associate with certain milestones or events and thus won't fodder them, like a 4* Kagero who was instrumental in clearing F!Robin's GHB the first time it ran.  Other seemingly useless units like 4* -Atk Jeorge are kept around solely for the good memories I had using them during the game's first few weeks. 

Needless to say, I have a hard time overcoming sentimentality. =(