Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

14 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

At least it's not Taitiu and Larchel (though it sounds like you do need Tailtius based on the Arena thread). I've pulled 5 of each of them as 5-stars in the time since I got them to +10.

Tailtiu is at least Blarblade+, but since every new tome user these days gets a unique weapon, there isn't much use for that, even.

I would kill for Distant Def fodder. (My only source right now is Celica, of which I've only gotten 1 spare copy.)

5-star Legault also seems to like me a lot.

Jill. Haar.

Haar could be a potential candidate for farfetched, if it happens, so I wouldn't put in my chips for him yet. As for Jill, she did fairly well, but I'm not exactly sure if she could lead a banner. Perhaps if we throw in a Ike alt it could sell well

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

Exactly. Perfect reason to make a new Tellius banner when they finally add beast units, and at this point, it would be silly for them to wait any longer than version 3.0.

Unreleased Tellius characters who made the top 100 on CYL2 are Tibarn, Haar, Ranulf, and Lethe, in that order. Moving on to the top 200, we get Nailah, Jill, Ilyana, Leanne, Greil, Reyson, and Shinon. (Most of these were with split votes, so arguably they count for more than a non-Archanea/Tellius character at that rank.)

Even without beasts, you could put together a color-balanced banner of something like Ilyana, Shinon, and Jill or Haar. But the whole reason I was talking about Tellius was based on the expectation that beasts will finally be on the table. They could put Lethe or Ranulf in red to round it out.

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't get our hopes up for beast units at the moment. I'm coming more from the perspective of "what's feasible right now" rather than "it ain't happening bro"

I just find that if Jill, one of my CYL votes, were to be the most popular unit on the banner then it wouldn't have that much of a weight since she ranked 12‎9. A ranking that's more of a add-on in a banner. I'm just speaking from the context of what sells the most. But if the banner has a Ike alt it will sell

What do you mean Lethe and Ranulf in red? We already proposed a system that works. Beasts green, birds blue and dragons red because magic.

If they do add beast units in 3.0 then I'll be damned.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

On 9/15/2018 at 2:16 AM, Sunwoo said:

Extra stage 3 of tap battle is bad, and whoever came up with it should feel bad.

It seemed a bit anticlimactic to me.  I was expecting Karla to show up as a joke to show how out of place she was in that banner.  Arena medals is a pretty underwhelming reward to boot.

I would like to see more accessory rewards in the future, though.

5 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Haar could be a potential candidate for farfetched, if it happens, so I wouldn't put in my chips for him yet. As for Jill, she did fairly well, but I'm not exactly sure if she could lead a banner. Perhaps if we throw in a Ike alt it could sell well

All I'm saying is that we shouldn't get our hopes up for beast units at the moment. I'm coming more from the perspective of "what's feasible right now" rather than "it ain't happening bro"

I just find that if Jill, one of my CYL votes, were to be the most popular unit on the banner then it wouldn't have that much of a weight since she ranked 12‎9. A ranking that's more of a add-on in a banner. I'm just speaking from the context of what sells the most. But if the banner has a Ike alt it will sell

What do you mean Lethe and Ranulf in red? We already proposed a system that works. Beasts green, birds blue and dragons red because magic.

If they do add beast units in 3.0 then I'll be damned.

An alt to round out the banner is certainly a possibility, but Ike would feel redundant. We have regular Ike, Greil Ike, and Vanguard Ike. I don't see much left to do with non-seasonal Ikes. If they do go for an alt, I'm guessing it'll someone else who ranked well like Micaiah, Mia, Soren, or Nephenee.

Jill doesn't have a ton of weight, but Haar has plenty. Combining his versions, he has more votes than anyone on the current FE4 or Fates banners.

I don't see what would be so surprising about beast units in 3.0. They'll inevitably get added eventually: CYL2 made it clear that they have too much support to ignore, and they should be plenty feasible to add. Furthermore, we're at a point where enough time has passed since CYL2 for new content accounting for it to be showing up, and we're approaching a major version update, which is a perfect time for something like this. Plus, if they don't have beasts implemented in time for Farfetched Heroes 2, they're going to have a lot of pissed-off Selkie fans to deal with.

What that all adds up to is that it would be completely nonsensical for them to decline to add beast units at such a perfect time. It's no guarantee, they've done plenty of strange things before. But I give it a 90% chance.

We'll find out for sure in the Feh Channel next month-ish, I suppose.

9 hours ago, silverserpent said:

I may have a potential buyer, so hopefully everything goes well in time. Thank you all for your support. 

I wish you luck with that, I know funerals aren't cheap.  I don't know how much your account would draw, but have you thought of setting up a Go-Fund-Me or anything like that?

53 minutes ago, Othin said:

An alt to round out the banner is certainly a possibility, but Ike would feel redundant. We have regular Ike, Greil Ike, and Vanguard Ike. I don't see much left to do with non-seasonal Ikes. If they do go for an alt, I'm guessing it'll someone else who ranked well like Micaiah, Mia, Soren, or Nephenee.

A Sword Cav Mist for Red would be ideal for me, but i'm not sure if her popularity is enought for an alt. Still, i would like no alts at all even more for a future PoR banner, since it's the world with least characters right now (i count Traccia and Genealogy as one source, like PoR and RD or SD and Mystery, but not Blazing and Binding).

4 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

A Sword Cav Mist for Red would be ideal for me, but i'm not sure if her popularity is enought for an alt. Still, i would like no alts at all even more for a future PoR banner, since it's the world with least characters right now (i count Traccia and Genealogy as one source, like PoR and RD or SD and Mystery, but not Blazing and Binding).

Mist is pretty low: both her versions are around rank 300. Sword cavalier Mist would be cool, but doesn't seem to be particularly imminent.

Personally, I like to count FE4 Gen 2 with FE5, but FE4 Gen 1 separately. Two generations of Jugdral, like two generations of Elibe. But either way, I agree that Tellius is more in need of attention.

Whenever we next get a Tellius banner, I hope it has at least three new characters. In general, I think three new characters plus an alt is fine, like the Awakening banner, but just two plus an alt feels a bit low.

Considering book 3 might involve Loki again and possibly as the main antagonist, I really want her to win CYL3 purely for the fact that we would be able to beat up Loki with Loki. We missed that chance in book 2 with Surtr, but Surtr's not that compelling of a villain and Loki somehow got a lot of votes for CYL2. His character is literally "I'm an asshole and an arsonist", but it would have been a bit fun to have been able to defeat Surtr with Surtr. That, and they could have pulled a young Garon or whoever with Surtr and never answer why he became the way he did which could be interesting. Bonus points if that hypothetical Surtr was a sword unit or red mage granting him natural weapon triangle advantage against his boss self. Anyway, back to Loki, it could fit in a sense of her being this chaotic entity where I wouldn't be surprised if a Loki from an alternate universe would have liked to mess with another universe's Loki just because she can. Also, there would be a chance for another healer with a legendary/personal staff and possibly a infantry or flier one since bride Lyn was the last, playable infantry healer added back in May 2017 and we've yet to be introduced a flying healer.

Another thing that has been puzzling me is what would happen if the Black Knight or Zelgius were to win first place in the male division for CYL3. Would he be the first unit to have four exclusive skills? Alondite, Black Luna, Warp Powder, and whatever exclusive skill he'd get. The reason why I'm questioning this is because all the first place CYL winners were given exclusive skills, but the Black Knight is this special case of he was introduced with an exclusive skill, Black Luna, and later introduced with another one, Warp Powder, as Zelgius or the Black Knight without a helmet because spoiling games is totally fine. So, if he wins, would he get another one or would he just keep those two exclusive skills and maybe have a different weapon assuming they don't give him "Blessed Alondite" or whatever? As far as I know about Tellius and the Black Knight, I don't know what else he could get for a different weapon since he mainly uses Alondite and his closest connections are to to Greil and Sephiran. With Greil, it would be a bit weird to give him Urvan since Ike got it and that makes more sense since it's his father's axe. Making up a sword that Greil wielded in his past days could work and would be an easy answer to giving him a version of Ostian Counter assuming if they decide to give him four exclusive skills. The Black Knight becoming a healer or light mage would be pretty interesting if he is based off of Sephiran. First armored healer, anyone?

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Mist is pretty low: both her versions are around rank 300. Sword cavalier Mist would be cool, but doesn't seem to be particularly imminent.

Personally, I like to count FE4 Gen 2 with FE5, but FE4 Gen 1 separately. Two generations of Jugdral, like two generations of Elibe. But either way, I agree that Tellius is more in need of attention.

Whenever we next get a Tellius banner, I hope it has at least three new characters. In general, I think three new characters plus an alt is fine, like the Awakening banner, but just two plus an alt feels a bit low.

Where can i find the results of this poll? I want to see the Tellius characters popular enought for an alt. I think Ike has enought already, and love Ike.

I really hope we get more male OCs with Book 3.  FOr some bizarre reason, we don't get Hrid and Bruno summonable, but we got Gunnthra who promptly died 5 minutes after appearing on screen.

2 hours ago, Quintessence said:

I can make good use of 8 Micaiahs, for merge! I demand a trade heroes option!

When it comes I have 7 copies for you.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

I would kill for Distant Def fodder. (My only source right now is Celica, of which I've only gotten 1 spare copy.)

8 hours ago, XRay said:

But she is good Distant Def and Drive Atk fodder.

Yeah, she is good fodder with Guard as well, but I don't know of anyone to fodder the skills to. I have nothing like a DD9 build planned at the moment, and Atk Tactics is a much more desired C-skill for my teams as of late, especially with how many Legaults I have been pulling lately.

I very rarely pull the trigger when it comes to foddering off 5* units for skills.

Maybe I will eventually get a 2nd +10 Micaiah, and I can give her a different nature and skill set.

Just now, RexBolt said:

Where can i find the results of this poll? I want to see the Tellius characters popular enought for an alt. I think Ike has enought already, and love Ike.

CYL2 (2018): https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote2/result?overall=1

CYL1 (2017): https://events.fire-emblem-heroes.com/vote/result?overall=1

6 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Considering book 3 might involve Loki again and possibly as the main antagonist, I really want her to win CYL3 purely for the fact that we would be able to beat up Loki with Loki. We missed that chance in book 2 with Surtr, but Surtr's not that compelling of a villain and Loki somehow got a lot of votes for CYL2. His character is literally "I'm an asshole and an arsonist", but it would have been a bit fun to have been able to defeat Surtr with Surtr. That, and they could have pulled a young Garon or whoever with Surtr and never answer why he became the way he did which could be interesting. Bonus points if that hypothetical Surtr was a sword unit or red mage granting him natural weapon triangle advantage against his boss self. Anyway, back to Loki, it could fit in a sense of her being this chaotic entity where I wouldn't be surprised if a Loki from an alternate universe would have liked to mess with another universe's Loki just because she can. Also, there would be a chance for another healer with a legendary/personal staff and possibly a infantry or flier one since bride Lyn was the last, playable infantry healer added back in May 2017 and we've yet to be introduced a flying healer.

Another thing that has been puzzling me is what would happen if the Black Knight or Zelgius were to win first place in the male division for CYL3. Would he be the first unit to have four exclusive skills? Alondite, Black Luna, Warp Powder, and whatever exclusive skill he'd get. The reason why I'm questioning this is because all the first place CYL winners were given exclusive skills, but the Black Knight is this special case of he was introduced with an exclusive skill, Black Luna, and later introduced with another one, Warp Powder, as Zelgius or the Black Knight without a helmet because spoiling games is totally fine. So, if he wins, would he get another one or would he just keep those two exclusive skills and maybe have a different weapon assuming they don't give him "Blessed Alondite" or whatever? As far as I know about Tellius and the Black Knight, I don't know what else he could get for a different weapon since he mainly uses Alondite and his closest connections are to to Greil and Sephiran. With Greil, it would be a bit weird to give him Urvan since Ike got it and that makes more sense since it's his father's axe. Making up a sword that Greil wielded in his past days could work and would be an easy answer to giving him a version of Ostian Counter assuming if they decide to give him four exclusive skills. The Black Knight becoming a healer or light mage would be pretty interesting if he is based off of Sephiran. First armored healer, anyone?

Previous CYL characters haven't had any personal skill carryover with their other versions. Now that we've gotten Black Luna on multiple versions of him, that could be an exception, but I doubt CYL Zelgius would have Warp Powder. Also, bear in mind that he'd only be expected to get a new personal passive skill if he was the 1st place male character rather than the 2nd.

I think Creiddylad would be the most appropriate weapon for him, to reference his connection to Sephiran. Although if Sephiran himself ever gets added, that could be a bit of a conflict.

After adopting that the best offense is to sit there and wait for beasts to come attack, I cleared 2 more Relay Defense Maps but that's probably it. I get curbstomped trying to do Map 6.

They really need to make Relay Defense just one week. 

8 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

They really need to make Relay Defense just one week. 

How about we we scrap it after this week and never talk about it again.

Personally, my biggest complaints are that a map series in the Rival Domains slot costs stamina and requires playing Abyssal to get all the rewards you'd get from two weeks of Rival Domains.

Speaking of which, I finally looked up strategies for map 6. The one I found used Sanaki and a way stronger Mathilda than mine, but I was able to improvise and have Ephraim, Eirika, and Reinhardt deal with Luke and Bartre.

1 hour ago, Rezzy said:

I wish you luck with that, I know funerals aren't cheap.  I don't know how much your account would draw, but have you thought of setting up a Go-Fund-Me or anything like that?

Yeah, set one up and we're at $300 so far. As for my account...it has a LOT of high merge/high SI units. I actually inventoried it and am cringing at selling it. But it's necessary since it also hammers home just how much time I lost out.

1 minute ago, silverserpent said:

Yeah, set one up and we're at $300 so far. As for my account...it has a LOT of high merge/high SI units. I actually inventoried it and am cringing at selling it. But it's necessary since it also hammers home just how much time I lost out.

Just make sure you're not doing it for a rash reason.  Decisions made while emotional can often be regretted later on.

I really hope they to Farfetched 2 with Louise, that would be pretty awesome and mean they'd basically be obligated to add Pent pretty soon after.

As for Tellius, I think there's a few good non-laguz options for them. Jill, Ilyana, Kieran. And Brom, of course, the most important option. I would definitely bet laguz will be added for Book III, probably debuting with Tibarn, Ranulf, and Lethe, with the possibility of Mordecai to round it up to four on a banner.

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

If we’re getting laguz anytime soon, it’ll be dragons first since those are no different from the dragons currently available in FEH. 

I don't see why that has to mean dragon laguz will be first.

No dragon laguz made it to the top 300 on CYL, while two beast laguz are in the top 100. Several 3DS beasts also scored as well or better than Lethe and Ranulf.

Relay defense I did the first 4 maps, then the 5th has absurdly inflated stats but can do.  I'm just going to look up how to do the others, it isn't fun at all, and the only strategy seems cheesy blocking ones where they are stuck with only one unit able to come down and attack a turn.  Hopefully they improve this mode.

We had fire grounds, again fire blessings wasted (I have no fire hero yet), feels bad.  The new power banner we get Celica's sexy damaged art instead of her original, I guess to help sell the banner?  I hope we find out about the Muspell units before the Door destiny banner ends, I may want to try for more Lewyn if the Muspell units are free and not on the next banner.  

Ahem I don't know if it is gender bias but I had the same feeling when I played Fates as well.  I don't want to offend people who are fans of the character so bear in mind just personal feelings here.  I was annoyed by Odin, he's a grown man talking about these crazy dark powers and fantasies, like a small kid.  It got annoying fast.  However Ophelia I loved.  Cute girl talking about dark powers and such, maybe cause she seems younger?  Maybe cause she's an attractive girl instead of an old man (Odin looks older than most characters, like Xander).  Maybe it is gender bias....thought I was better than that.

Edited by Lewyn

Seeing the way these polls were organized was a trip. Am i the only one that thinks dividing one character by game of appearance is the dumbest design decision ever? Like, alright not many FE games have continuations, but seeing the people of Archanea and Tellius have their votes so badly represented was horrible.

Personally, I still found the AI manipulation strategies for Relay Defense pretty fun. Finished the last of them with the help of more videos.

The next New Heroes banner's launch will coincide with the end of the FE4 banner, so we should get its trailer at least a day beforehand.

2 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Seeing the way these polls were organized was a trip. Am i the only one that thinks dividing one character by game of appearance is the dumbest design decision ever? Like, alright not many FE games have continuations, but seeing the people of Archanea and Tellius have their votes so badly represented was horrible.

Yeah, there's pretty wide agreement about that being a complete mess. It's the only reason Marth didn't make it into CYL2, which caused a whole stink, and is probably why he got a legendary version coinciding with it.

23 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Not to mention it includes a bunch of stupid options (several generic bosses from Gaiden/SoV, Calill and Largo’s adoptive daughter, a dancer that appeared in one whole chapter of Fates, etc.) while more significant characters were nowhere to be found (Lekain, Fomortiis / the Demon King, Darin, etc.).