Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

42 minutes ago, Othin said:

I don't see why that has to mean dragon laguz will be first.

No dragon laguz made it to the top 300 on CYL, while two beast laguz are in the top 100. Several 3DS beasts also scored as well or better than Lethe and Ranulf.

I do see why since dragons are already implemented in the game. They’d be the easiest to add. I’ll see it like that unless there’s a big game update featuring what other beast units would use as weapons anytime soon. CYL this, CYL that...since when that thing became what dictates which units will come in future banners...? 

CYL was full of holes and very questionable decisions. Generic bosses like “Brigand Boss” shouldn’t even be there. 

Edited by Lord-Zero

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Not to mention it includes a bunch of stupid options (several generic bosses from Gaiden/SoV, Calill and Largo’s adoptive daughter, a dancer that appeared in one whole chapter of Fates, etc.) while more significant characters were nowhere to be found (Lekain, Fomortiis / the Demon King, Darin, etc.).

Holy Naga that's the worst. I just hope CYL3 pulls itself together.

(It's one by year, right?)

1 minute ago, Lord-Zero said:

I do see why since dragons are already implemented in the game. They’d be the easiest to add. I’ll see it like that unless there’s a big game update featuring what other beast units would use as weapons anytime soon. CYL this, CYL that...since when that thing became what dictates which units will come in future banners...? 

You could make that same argument about any other unpopular character using weapons already supported. Not all characters already supported will get in before they add beast units, and there's no reason to think dragon laguz have to be among the ones that do.

There's a big game update expected in the next couple of months, close to the expected release of Farfetched Heroes 2. Farfetched Heroes features high-scoring units not yet added, of which the highest-scoring non-OC is Selkie.

CYL is a way for IS to assess popularity, so they have an idea of which units people will be most interested in pulling for. It's a valuable piece of market research for a game like this, despite its many flaws.

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

You could make that same argument about any other unpopular character using weapons already supported. Not all characters already supported will get in before they

There's a big game update expected in the next couple of months, close to the expected release of Farfetched Heroes 2. Farfetched Heroes features high-scoring units not yet added, of which the highest-scoring non-OC is Selkie.

CYL is a way for IS to assess popularity, so they have an idea of which units people will be most interested in pulling for. It's a valuable piece of market research for a game like this, despite its many flaws.

I still think the dragon laguz will be added before the rest of the laguz tribes. The only thing that could possibly  “change” my mind would be an update that would bring in their new weapon type that isn’t just stones. I could see the beast units from Fates and Awakening being added first since their “weapon” isn’t really that much different from the dragonstones already implemented. 

The way you keep mentioning CYL...it’s like some kind of holy scripture. That “valuable piece of market research” you talk about is filled with memes and inaccuracies all over the place. IS actually using that is actually kind of disgusting, especially CYL2. 

Hm? Farfetched Heroes 2? We don’t even know if that’s actually coming. Many people expected Performance Arts 2 and we didn’t get it and no, that third summer banner doesn’t count. 

2 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

I still think the dragon laguz will be added before the rest of the laguz tribes. The only thing that could possibly  “change” my mind would be an update that would bring in their new weapon type that isn’t just stones. I could see the beast units from Fates and Awakening being added first since their “weapon” isn’t really that much different from the dragonstones already implemented. 

The way you keep mentioning CYL...it’s like some kind of holy scripture. That “valuable piece of market research” you talk about is filled with memes and inaccuracies all over the place. IS actually using that is actually kind of disgusting, especially CYL2. 

Hm? Farfetched Heroes 2? We don’t even know if that’s actually coming. Many people expected Performance Arts 2 and we didn’t get it and no, that third summer banner doesn’t count. 

Well, we'll find out in the next ~2 months whether or not your conclusion jumping about the order stays plausible or not.

Being a meme didn't keep Dorcas out of Farfetched Heroes. Like I said, it has its flaws, but it would be foolish for either us or IS to neglect to get whatever information we can out of it.

Rearranging the seasonal lineup isn't too big of a surprise. If they're sticking to ~9 seasonal banners per year and want to make new ones, they have to get rid of old ones that don't seem to have as much of a future. Randomly eliminating a new character banner that many people are looking forward to as a highlight of CYL would be another story entirely.

29 minutes ago, Lord-Zero said:

Well, we'll find out in the next ~2 months whether or not your conclusion jumping about the order stays plausible.

Being a meme didn't keep Dorcas out of Farfetched Heroes. Like I said, it has its flaws, but it would be foolish for either us or IS to neglect to get whatever information we can out of it.

Rearranging the seasonal lineup isn't too big of a surprise. If they're sticking to ~9 seasonal banners per year and want to make new ones, they have to get rid of old ones that don't seem to have as much of a future. Randomly eliminating a new character banner that many people are looking forward to as a highlight of CYL would be another story entirely.

Edited by Othin

2 hours ago, Othin said:

Previous CYL characters haven't had any personal skill carryover with their other versions. Now that we've gotten Black Luna on multiple versions of him, that could be an exception, but I doubt CYL Zelgius would have Warp Powder. Also, bear in mind that he'd only be expected to get a new personal passive skill if he was the 1st place male character rather than the 2nd.

I think Creiddylad would be the most appropriate weapon for him, to reference his connection to Sephiran. Although if Sephiran himself ever gets added, that could be a bit of a conflict.

With the first CYL character, none of their regular versions or alternate versions, only spring Lucina and bride Lyn up to that point, had any personal skills. CYL2 we at least had different versions of the characters, but only promoted Ephraim and legendary Hector had exclusive skills, Sol Brace and Ostia's Pulse, as they were legendary heroes while witch Celica was sword infantry Celica. The Black Knight and Zelgius are unique in that not only are they regularly available, non-CYL units who have personal skills, but the next version of the Black Knight, Zelgius, has two of them. So, I'm questioning would they go that far with him if he was the first place winner of the men's division? Would they powercreep him so much that he'd be the first character with four exclusive skills? I wouldn't be surprised if they did nor would I be surprised if they didn't considering the backlash that would likely happen.

57 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

The new power banner we get Celica's sexy damaged art instead of her original, I guess to help sell the banner? 

Her unique refined tome has Brazen Atk/Spd 3 which requires you to be damaged. The last banner I remember featuring injured heroes that was related to a skill was the Vantage one with Gordin, Lon'qu, and Reinhardt. The current TT banner has Eldigan and Sigurd with their injured art and I'm not sure why. Maybe the Fury 6 with Eldigan and Sigurd being able to survive magic attacks with Divine Tyrfing? Anyway, yes, it's there to sell the banner. Both for fanservice and because double Brazen Atk/Spd Celica is really dumb if you can get her into that range safely. Otherwise, Fury, L&D3, and Swift Sparrow would probably be easier to work with.

@Hawk King My thanks!

In other news, (and kind of late) I really like the new refinements, Celica got her new weapon right away with Fury because it makes her pretty ridic with Desperation and Flashing Blade Seal and Glimmer. Cherche's axe is pretty awesome and I would definitely invest on her but I'd need to promote her and right now she's 4☆+10 with Brave Axe+ Death Blow set. I recently +2'd Jamke and +1'd Ethlyn, and my next 62k feathers will go to Garon and pair him in a team with the two Kanas and Corrin (F).

That said, I'm tempted on investing on Odin and improving his set, he currently runs Fury/Desperation set but I want to give him a better A skill. The A skills I have available are Swift Sparrow 2, Mirror Stance 2, Distant Defense 3 and Brazen Atk/Def 3, but what would be best for him, given he'll almost always be at +6/6 offense? He's +Spd -Res.

@Rezzy @Arcanite @mcsilas

Well, Silas unexpectedly got a fancy new weapon!

Kvj47bR.png

I did a few pulls trying to get more Silas, but this is nice too. Fixes his -Atk and now he can have that Def refine too! But I do still want merges and better IVs at some point. And when I do get them, he's going to be as hard to take down as Freddy. They'll be my husband wall in shining armor. <3

Edited by Anacybele

1 hour ago, Lord-Zero said:

I could see the beast units from Fates and Awakening being added first since their “weapon” isn’t really that much different from the dragonstones already implemented.

On the other hand, the name of the breath weapon type in Japanese is simply "dragon".

3 hours ago, Lewyn said:

The new power banner we get Celica's sexy damaged art instead of her original, I guess to help sell the banner? 

Celica’s refined weapon effect depends on her getting damaged. No conspiracy here. Remember the Vantage banner long ago? Reinhardt, Lon’qu, and Gordin all used their damaged art for the promo.

17 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Didn't even realize Celica's damaged art is considered sexy~

I completely agree here. It’s honestly not remotely risqué. Hell, you can’t even see most of Celica on the banner itself as it’s just her torso and above.

35 minutes ago, SilvertheShadow said:

I completely agree here. It’s honestly not remotely risqué. Hell, you can’t even see most of Celica on the banner itself as it’s just her torso and above.

Those bare shoulders, though.

Final week with the Genealogy banners. One time I said I might save up to 120 orbs, now it seems like I'll have 180 orbs by the time of my mass summoning on them - feels like the game was quite generous in the last week with orbs - bound hero battle, story chapter, tempest trial, and now forging bonds. Also this is the highest amount of free orbs I ever saved up, even though this banner is looking at me.

On 9/15/2018 at 8:28 AM, silverserpent said:

I'm quitting FEH, though not by choice. A good friend of mine passed away yesterday and I'm selling off my accounts to try and raise money for his funeral. This isn't a solicitation, just a notice. I'll still lurk because I like Heroes' art, but I will not be playing.

People would buy accounts?

i am sitting on 220k feathers and have lost the drive to build any merged interesting units. In general i have lost the drive for this game because builts are getting very bland very quick.

interesting stuff/skills are hidden behind 5star units. defensiv builds are kindah meh and not workable mostly (pavise etc)

and all you face in stupid arena are steady breath bold fighter quickriposte armor/dragons shenanigans and super cooldown special units.

Its kinda really really getting bland only enjoent i have atm are ghb bhb and lhb battles everything else is just meh