• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

29 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

@Korath88 If the affected players can just relearn the unlearned skills again, the bug wasn't as scary as expected. 

Inherited skills were permanently deleted if the hero was affected. Those players will be getting free heroes to fodder off again.

30 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Inherited skills were permanently deleted if the hero was affected. Those players will be getting free heroes to fodder off again.

Dang, I wish we knew how to cause it before hand. I would have totally pick some units who didn't matter to have their skills deleted to get 30 orbs.

Plus, you could be getting 5* heroes back that you might not want to fodder back off to the units who lost the skills. IE: Brave Axe onto Cherche, Slaying Axe onto Raven, Wo Doa onto Karel/Fir. Or other previously 5* exclusive skills that have since become available on 4* units.

36 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

Couldn't see that part in the notification. Occasion to hand out combat manuals? 

Edited by mampfoid

3 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

They should've just sticked to the Bragi Sword. Watch there be a inheritable light brand soon. This kind of effect should've been for bows, but even then it's not that big of a improvement for that type

I think they went with the Light Brand because it's more iconic for Leif. Leif starts with it, and he inherited from his mother, who received it from Aunt Deidre. It's different in being a magic-casting weapon in the base game as well.

The Bragi Sword, like the Loptyr Sword, just kinda exists in FE5 for the sake of Raydrik-busting, Saias/Ced just hands it to Leif, and three (should be five, but programming limitations) other characters can use it too. Lore-wise, I like it, for creating a step between an ordinary weapon/personal that has no technical reason to be locked, and the Holy Weapons.

And I would like the Bragi Sword in, Anti-Armor + something else. Might see Arena use? Although Solar Brace has enabled non-Specials to apply additional effects to Specials, the Bragi Sword adding Miracle I doubt would do anything meaningful. 

Unfortunately, giving Leif the Bragi Sword would undermine his preferred alt, that being Master Knight Leif, who can use anything in FEH (barring Daggers but why not fix that?), and sticking him with a Sword would be so boring and unoriginal for this.

As for an inheritable Light Brand, well Robin still hasn't gotten their Levin Sword. But this would mean another Robin alt, and unless they stuck a Seasonal with a non-Seasonal weapon ala Vector's Armads, I can't see what story-wise feasible alt could they come up with. The Default Younger/Older Robin appearances when you're picking Robin's looks in their creation process?

And I question whether the Levin Sword, being so bound character-wise to Robin now, would be inheritable or not. If it was inheritable, I'd expect some Planned Obsolescence here, meaning Robin would be made with the intent of New Power-ing them later, to give you more to spend your resources on.

Gangrel being a Trickster, a promoted Thief, means he'll be getting Daggered, which I'm fine with. And Levin Daggers would be sorta neat. 

Outside of the Levin Sword, we still have the Flame Sword of Jugdral, and the Wind Sword to consider for inheritable Light Brands. They could forget the Wind Edge and Storm/Tempest Blades of RD were physical too and use them.

25 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I'm starting to get irritated with the level 40 5* convos. Like, why do almost every character talks like they have a crush on me? At least the Brava Heroes + Legendary Ike behave in theirs.

Yeah, it's really grating.

I want to be commanding powerful warriors from throughout the FE series, not creepy sycophant doll versions of them.

Of all the times to rerun the PA banner, SIIGHHHH (even though I did want it)

I guess I'll wait till around the end of the Banner to see if I'll try to get any of them and just try to get the rest from Legendary Banners~

Or I could buy more Orbs

2 minutes ago, Landmaster said:

Of all the times to rerun the PA banner, SIIGHHHH (even though I did want it)

I wasn't expecting the redux myself.

The banner stays on for an entire month anyway, so it can take a backseat to our more, erm, immediately-wanted units.

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

Well, looks like my account won't be sold. But I started up other fundraising avenues that are doing decent. I'm definitely going to curb my collector instincts from now on, though. I should be able to gather up ~$1000 for my friend's wife.

It's sad to hear that you didn't get a immediate solution. Wish you the best of luck. I hope you can quickly meet your quota

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

I'm starting to get irritated with the level 40 5* convos. Like, why do almost every character talks like they have a crush on me? At least the Brava Heroes + Legendary Ike behave in theirs.

I agree the level 40 convos are getting pretty bad on a lot of the new units.  

8 hours ago, Nanima said:

Oh yeah I heard about that. Really wish she could just talk straight for once. I play Heroes in Japanese and I just zone through her FB dialogue without even trying to understand it. 

I play the game in Japanese too and I usually like looking into new words whenever the story updates but having translated one of her supports, I don't have the motivation to look up the words that come out her mouth.  

4 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

PA reduz wasn't even in the schedule, right?

Maybe it changed? 

Anyway i spent 15 orbs in it for no 5* just because i couldn't control myself. I want for the Legendary banner to be revealed soon i i know where to spend.

Seasonal banner reruns aren't included in the event calendar. It's a cheap tactic to get you to spend your money

Edited by silveraura25

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

It's sad to hear that you didn't get a immediate solution. Wish you the best of luck. I hope you can quickly meet your quota

Thanks. I'm basically throwing my bonus from work into the pot, so it's a little more help. And some people are sending money the traditional way rather than gofundme.

17 hours ago, Kaden said:

@Ice Dragon, considering how percentage-based damage reduction works and if they were somehow able to wield Divine Tyrfing or an equivalent weapon, how would Bartre and Ogma compare to Seliph? Bartre I figure would be similar to Seliph since he just trades resistance for a bit more attack, defense, and HP while Ogma would be more interesting considering his much higher speed. Also, Virion because he shares the same resistance as them, but Parthia might be fairer in which case he might not do as well as Jeorge who has arguably higher offenses and the damage reduction is lower on Parthia than Divine Tyrfing.

And on the flipside, L'Arachel with a physical damage version of Parthia or even Divine Tyrfing for a hypothetical Ivaldi refinement.

Bartre might have an argument for Divine Tyrfing due to the presence of Reinhardt. Ogma probably doesn't care. The thing is that they already have enough magic bulk to usually be able to survive at advantage and even sometimes in neutral match-ups, whereas Sigurd does have to deal with the occasional cavalry-effective weapon and doesn't have as much bulk.

Parthia isn't a particularly good Arena offense weapon due to its narrow focus, and you would definitely want to prioritize higher Atk over pretty much any other factor for its use.

Larchel, on the other hand, due to the fact that mages are very much expected to initiate combat against melee units that can counterattack and the fact that ranged cavalry have poor stat totals and Larchel has abysmal physical bulk, would make great use of an effect that reduces the damage from the first hit from a melee-ranged weapon.

15 hours ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I thought I remember hearing Chinese (which in its Classical form was from Nara to Tokugawa a language spoken and written by Japanese elite) is used in Japanese popular entertainment, particularly in flashy martial artist contexts. I guess Ophelia and Owain fall into this camp? Can someone please open a rift to the Dragonball world for them?

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

It's less actual chinese and more that using kanji in bulk like that makes what they are saying look much more "dramatic". Actually, activating Odin's personal skill in Japanese even required using at least 4 or 5 kanji when naming a forged tome. (not sure how that was localized actually. Just using the maximum number of letters?)

The copious use of kanji in Japanese is one of the hallmarks of chuuni-byou ("eighth-grade syndrome"), which is what Owain, Odin, and Ophelia all have, because it "looks cool".

It's a slightly more extreme version of the fascination with words containing or starting with "x", "y", or "z" in English.

9 hours ago, Nanima said:

Fair enough. It's really quite disturbing what Intsys can file under wacky anime hijinks. Soleil's sexual harassment also falls into that category for some reason. If they treated those things as the seriously awful behaviour it is, it would have been a step in the right direction.

9 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

Pretty much, yeah. There are characters like Tharja and Soleil and Nina, who have quirks that are ... well, "controversial", to put it lightly, and sometimes I feel like there are some characters who get off with rather questionable quirks because they're cute female characters. If Nina were a socially awkward boy whose hobby was being a yuri fanboy and doing all the things Nina did, I'm pretty sure people would rightfully dislike him. So Nina doesn't get a pass from me when her creepier aspects are just never acknowledged. And Soleil has a similar issue, I really don't understand why the people writing her thought that was acceptable.

Maybe because people in real life aren't all paragons of virtue, but many are still good-hearted people despite their flaws?

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

Maybe because people in real life aren't all paragons of virtue, but many are still good-hearted people despite their flaws?

Do you get along with everyone IRL just because they're still "good-hearted people" despite their flaws? No. No, you don't. Even if someone is a good person deep there, there is no obligation to excuse things they do that you don't like. Doing things that hurt other people just because that person is "a good person at heart" is not an excuse for it to be overlooked either.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard you say on here.

7 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Do you get along with everyone IRL just because they're still "good-hearted people" despite their flaws? No. No, you don't. Even if someone is a good person deep there, there is no obligation to excuse things they do that you don't like. Doing things that hurt other people just because that person is "a good person at heart" is not an excuse for it to be overlooked either.

I'm sorry, but this is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard you say on here.

I have zero experience with Soleil outside of Heroes and zero experience with Nina outside of her character bio, so you'll have to fill me in on them.

All I know about Tharja outside of Heroes is that she was sort of a dick to Noire, but everything I hear about it only reminds me about the dickery that happens all the time in Harry Potter, so you'll have to fill me in if it's actually worse.

Edited by Ice Dragon

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I have zero experience with Soleil outside of Heroes and zero experience with Nina outside of her character bio, so you'll have to fill me in on them.

All I know about Tharja outside of Heroes is that she was sort of a dick to Noire, but everything I hear about it only reminds me about the dickery that happens all the time in Harry Potter, so you'll have to fill me in if it's actually worse.

The thing about Soleil and Nina and Tharja is that some of their personality traits are considered controversial for a reason. There are people who will give them a pass because "it's just a game, it's not a big deal, no one condones that in real life". But there are people who are made legit uncomfortable by some of their behaviors, especially anyone who may have had real life personal experience with it.

Soleil has issues with personal space. Some of her English supports were translated much differently, and you could ask @Nanima on specific details for what happened in the Japanese version. But in both the English and the Japanese supports she harasses and stalks Ophelia, who is not interested, to the point of making her cry. When she switches hers and Soleil's bodies to get Soleil to listen to what she has to say, Soleil decides to run off to "find a private place with a mirror". Soleil also hits on her own mother, calling her "cute" when said mother is trying to do errands and basically fantasizes about her. I've also heard that in the Japanese version of their supports, Soleil tries to molest Forrest because she thinks he's a cute girl. While Soleil does have some good supports, like with Laslow, a lot of people will find the previous aspects of her character uncomfortable and unforgivable. I don't think any of these would've gone over well if Soleil were a guy and all her support partners were still girls.

Nina's more obnoxious in my opinion than actually harmful, but she does encompass a lot of traits I find annoying. She is the epitome of yaoi fangirls who ship two guys who so much as look at one another. But she also ships together people who are real to her, because they're real people in her world, to the point of following them around (like how she did with Alfonse and Silas). I just picked a random support conversation between Nina and a guy, and apparently she spends hers and Dwyer's support stalking him (and being found out immediately) and trying to introduce Dwyer to cute guys. When Dwyer expresses annoyance that Nina keeps on watching him without permission, she just dismisses his annoyances with "you're being melodramatic". Kind of like Soleil, she seems to have a "personal space" issue and also stalks people she likes to watch. I can't imagine that any sane person would be okay with a guy doing that to a girl.

Tharja's a bit of a shame because I think that if you take out the questionable aspects of her personality, she'd actually be okay. But I still can't get over her stalking the avatar. I just do not find stalking to be endearing in any way, and it's a big deal breaker with me for many characters. People who've actually experienced this won't find it romantic at all, just highly invasive and disrespectful.

Again, there are people who will give these behaviors a pass because these characters are "not real" and because they're endearing in different ways. That's up to them. But a lot of these behaviors are questionable by real world standards, and if other people have a really big issue with that kind of stuff, that's not something to brush off by saying "you're just making a big deal out of nothing". Which is something that some of us do get told.

I'll comment on this.

- Tharja's obsession with Robin (Us, the MC) much like the Corrinsexuals and how everyone wants to get with him is because that is what most people playing the game wish was real life for them.  Wow all the hot girls, and/or guys depending on preference want to get with me I can choose any one!  Yay!  It just plays into the MC being a god cassanova, pure fantasy.

Now why do cute girls get away with offensive, creepy behavior?  Well yes it is cause they are girls.  Cause with guys sexual harrassment can lead to sexual assault/rape.  Stalking can lead to rape/assault.  If a girl is harrassed by another girl or stalked, it would be annoying, perhaps creepy, maybe gross.  However if they are harassed by a guy, there is another element fear/danger.  The vast majority of rapists/molesters are males.  

Nina is stalking guys.  There is no element of danger.  Ask any guy if he would be scared or worried if a woman were stalking them.  Doubt many say yes.  Could be annoying, could get old fast, however that's it.  There is nothing to fear from a girl stalker 99% of the time.  

Now ask girls how many of them would be scared/worried of a guy was stalking them.  Probably most would say yes and with good reason.  

17 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Soleil has issues with personal space. Some of her English supports were translated much differently, and you could ask @Nanima on specific details for what happened in the Japanese version. But in both the English and the Japanese supports she harasses and stalks Ophelia, who is not interested, to the point of making her cry. When she switches hers and Soleil's bodies to get Soleil to listen to what she has to say, Soleil decides to run off to "find a private place with a mirror". Soleil also hits on her own mother, calling her "cute" when said mother is trying to do errands and basically fantasizes about her. I've also heard that in the Japanese version of their supports, Soleil tries to molest Forrest because she thinks he's a cute girl. While Soleil does have some good supports, like with Laslow, a lot of people will find the previous aspects of her character uncomfortable and unforgivable. I don't think any of these would've gone over well if Soleil were a guy and all her support partners were still girls.

You'll have to actually be specific about "harass" and "molest" because those words are horribly vague. It's hard to judge without specifics.

Other than those, I don't see anything particularly wrong with her other behavior. Creepy, maybe. Harmful, not really.

20 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

When she switches hers and Soleil's bodies to get Soleil to listen to what she has to say, Soleil decides to run off to "find a private place with a mirror".

... Who wouldn't?

23 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I don't think any of these would've gone over well if Soleil were a guy and all her support partners were still girls.

What if Soleil were still female and all of her support partners were male?

Or if Soleil were male and all of her support partners were male?

25 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

But she also ships together people who are real to her,

That doesn't seem particularly out of the ordinary.

28 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

I just picked a random support conversation between Nina and a guy, and apparently she spends hers and Dwyer's support stalking him (and being found out immediately) and trying to introduce Dwyer to cute guys.

So she's pretty much my mom, who wants to introduce me to every single girl of my age that she knows through her friends just because I still don't have a girlfriend (despite the fact that I tell her I'm not looking for one). 'Kay.

37 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Kind of like Soleil, she seems to have a "personal space" issue and also stalks people she likes to watch. I can't imagine that any sane person would be okay with a guy doing that to a girl.

I think half of that is the assumption that a stalker is up to no good, either with intent of attacking or blackmailing the person being stalked (or if not yet, then eventually). People generally don't have problems with law enforcement stalking a person because the assumptions are completely reversed: the one being stalked is up to no good and law enforcement is gathering evidence.

I think this is something that can be rationalized by the fictional nature of the work. In real life, you can't be absolutely sure about another person's motives and thought (true of law enforcement as well, but you generally don't assume they're up to no good unless you assume them to be corrupt), and therefore it's perceived as creepy and dangerous, but in a fictional work where you do get enough insight into a character's line of thought, it's not much more than just creepy.

And being just creepy is fine.

2 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

Nina is stalking guys.  There is no element of danger.  Ask any guy if he would be scared or worried if a woman were stalking them.  Doubt many say yes.  Could be annoying, could get old fast, however that's it.  There is nothing to fear from a girl stalker 99% of the time.  

Now ask girls how many of them would be scared/worried of a guy was stalking them.  Probably most would say yes and with good reason.  

In addition to that, ask any guy if he would be scared or worried if another guy were stalking him. The answer is probably still yes.

15 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I'll comment on this.

- Tharja's obsession with Robin (Us, the MC) much like the Corrinsexuals and how everyone wants to get with him is because that is what most people playing the game wish was real life for them.  Wow all the hot girls, and/or guys depending on preference want to get with me I can choose any one!  Yay!  It just plays into the MC being a god cassanova, pure fantasy.

Now why do cute girls get away with offensive, creepy behavior?  Well yes it is cause they are girls.  Cause with guys sexual harrassment can lead to sexual assault/rape.  Stalking can lead to rape/assault.  If a girl is harrassed by another girl or stalked, it would be annoying, perhaps creepy, maybe gross.  However if they are harassed by a guy, there is another element fear/danger.  The vast majority of rapists/molesters are males.  

This idea that female stalkers are harmless or that there is "no element of danger" is utterly stupid, even if the person they are stalking with a guy. Even if a man thinks that a woman stalking him is no danger, that doesn't mean he's right about that. Stalkers are crazy; there's something not right with them. You can't predict what a crazy person will do, what will make them snap. Underestimating a crazy woman is not going to bode favorably for any man or woman.

Also, Ice Dragon, once again, I get the feeling that you're just one of those people who "overlook bad behavior just because you don't find a problem with it". Soleil wanting to run off with Ophelia's body to do who-knows-what with it isn't okay just because "who wouldn't". A lot of people wouldn't. Soleil's behavior wouldn't be okay no matter what gender she is. Also, real-person shipping people you don't know is not "normal". We're talking about real people, not people who are fictional to you. Nina says in her support with male avatar that she'd like to manipulate real people but that's "frowned upon, for some reason", which comes off as an implication that she doesn't respect people's boundaries. Also, your mom is your mom. Nina is not Dwyer's mom, and it doesn't even feel like they're even friends before the conversation. They're two people who only know each other in passing, if that. More like your classmate than your mom. That comparison is not remotely even close.

Being creepy is not fine if it makes other people uncomfortable. Stalking is not okay no matter what your intent. Your point of view is very skewed towards the perpetrator -- "it's okay if there's no ill intent". But even with no ill intent, stalking can make the person being stalked feel very unsafe, and that kind of feeling does not just go away easily. That kind of thing can have real psychological harm on someone, even if that's not the perpetrator's view.

I think there are many things you just don't understand, Ice Dragon, and it feels like understanding the effects that behavior can have on other people is one of them. If you like Soleil and Nina or don't see problem, I really don't give a shit. But the moment you start saying these things that affect real life people isn't "a big deal" because "they might not have bad intent" or "women aren't scary", you've just proved that you're not worth arguing with.