Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

Maybe I'm just a pessimist, but part of me has this feeling that with the developers introducing three new heroes banners so closely and where only one of them, Nohrian Dusk, has what appears to many an obvious demote, that they might pull a nasty move and only demote Silas while keeping everyone else, the remaining Nohrian Dusk, the Doorway to Destiny, and the Generals of Muspell characters, at 5*. Flora, Lewyn, Ophelia, and the Muspell banner are definitely out of the question. In Flora, Helbindi, Laegjarn, Laevatein, and Lewyn's cases, they have almost complete skill sets in addition to introducing new skills while Ophelia is busted as a unit. Quan has a legendary lance and introduced the Rally+ line of skills while Nina and Silvia introduced new inheritable weapons of which they probably understand how powerful a sword version of Berkut's Lance is and they have been keeping both new, regularly summonable dancers and Valor skills locked behind 5* rarity. Quan might not be considered a great unit to some and Silvia's other skills aren't that special, but something makes me feel with all these banners being thrown at us, that they might try something disgusting to see how they react. They know that there will be outrage if they do this, but at the same time, there's still an argument of did you really expect anyone, but Silas to be demoted? The Muspell banner is essentially a Farfetched Heroes or Fallen Heroes banner, nobody else on the Nohrian Dusk banner seems likely to be demoted, especially Flora and Ophelia, and of the options of demoting another cavalry with a legendary weapon and a new dancer who so far we've yet to see one demoted, would they choose between them or demote the random lance cavalry of another banner because why should they have to deal with another Ares/Lene situation?

It's unlikely to happen. Quan/Silvia and Silas or maybe even Nina if they want to continue locking full Stance skill inheritance to 5* units will be demoted, but I just have this bad feeling because I'm that kind of person.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

2 minutes ago, Javi Blizz said:

Yay, so I already have Garon ar 5* +1 and waiting the feathers for the other merge. Which B skill could I use on him from the easily available while I get Quick Riposte? 

Swordbreaker probably. Vantage is an option too I imagine.

11 hours ago, Othin said:

If we get two Halloween banners followed by a Christmas banner and a Valentine's one, for a total of 9 for the second "seasonal year", that's the same number as before.

You forgot a New Year's. Why would they pass on that? *Attacks with Fireworks Tome*

6 hours ago, Mercakete said:

Finally, Tiki's red dragonstone monopoly is ended! Though I'm surprised who by...

It lays the visual ground for Bantu. That should be good, particularly if they decide he'd be so unpopular that they could drop him to 3*.

Also, to return to the Nina-Soleil thing before, I want to return to the bit "they're not real, so I'm fine with it". I use the same logic myself to justify liking Naesala and Shinon, among others. In real life, I want only people who are morally pure and uncompromised, no shadiness, and I don't want anyone to be at all racist either. However, in a game, to be entertained, I like moral greyness. I prefer Naesala in PoR than RD because RD tried to purify him morally.

I don't like Shinon being abrasive in itself, nor do I approve of his throwing a bow at Rolf, or his racism towards the Laguz, what I like about his PoR supports is how beneath the surface, he does care for Gatrie, for Rolf, and in a more "realistic" way, if still idealized to an extent, he starts to overcome his racism by the end of his Janaff support. He's a provocative jerk, but one with fine layers.

Perhaps this is individual thing. Some say "I take anything I wouldn't IRL" in games, others draw lines, in my case, roughly "I'm fine with anything other than sexual misconduct and invasion of one's privacy" would sound reasonable. Well maybe not anything, and it depends somewhat on the game in question- with my tolerance being greater in SMT than FE for instance- and other contextual aspects.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I don't like Shinon being abrasive in itself, nor do I approve of his throwing a bow at Rolf, or his racism towards the Laguz, what I like about his PoR supports is how beneath the surface, he does care for Gatrie, for Rolf, and in a more "realistic" way, if still idealized to an extent, he starts to overcome his racism by the end of his Janaff support. He's a provocative jerk, but one with fine layers.

I like how Shinon is the only one who dares to not blindly follow Ike among all the sycophancy going around. This is enough to get him above many of others for me.

15 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

You forgot a New Year's. Why would they pass on that? *Attacks with Fireworks Tome*

I think the summer festival banner is taking the place of that.

With main banners being around the 8th and 20th of each month, it seems like there will only be one in proximity of both Christmas and New Year's, unless they screw with the schedule again.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I like how Shinon is the only one who dares to not blindly follow Ike among all the sycophancy going around. This is enough to get him above many of others for me.

Sadly though, he isn't cast in the best light for this, he is cast as being "wrong". He even admits it to be irrational to some extent when chatting with Janaff, though he says he'll never change that about him.

I'm wholly condemnatory of any excessive and not justified main character worship. Particularly after having played EO5 and finding the player guild worship and greatness there needlessly excessive compared to prior games in the series.

1 minute ago, Othin said:

I think the summer festival banner is taking the place of that.

With main banners being around the 8th and 20th of each month, it seems like there will only be one in proximity of both Christmas and New Year's, unless they screw with the schedule again.

You might be right. Then again, the summer festival might have replaced just PA. Or it could've been a clever "two birds with one stone" scenario, in which case you'd be right again.

Just now, Interdimensional Observer said:

You might be right. Then again, the summer festival might have replaced just PA. Or it could've been a clever "two birds with one stone" scenario, in which case you'd be right again.

I think it's a sort of mix, where the PA and NY banners together were replaced by the additional summer and fall banners.

3 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

Sadly though, he isn't cast in the best light for this, he is cast as being "wrong". He even admits it to be irrational to some extent when chatting with Janaff, though he says he'll never change that about him.

Yep, this is one of my gripes with Tellius. Everyone that doesn’t agree with Ike is a bigoted drunkard jerk (Shinon), an eevul noble (everyone except Sanaki), or is fucking around (Sanaki).

Well, I'm gonna say it, Garon may have been an atrociously written character in Fates, but his FEH Chibi-sprite and animations are dope, making me kinda wanting to 5* as a new AA unit. My water team is kinda lacking, and Garon would just get rid of the greens (and some reds) for me in a match. I don't have any spare Subakis anymore, though, which makes things a bit annoying. I always want the green units while pulling.... grumblegrumble....

2 hours ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Well, I'm gonna say it, Garon may have been an atrociously written character in Fates, but his FEH Chibi-sprite and animations are dope, making me kinda wanting to 5* as a new AA unit. My water team is kinda lacking, and Garon would just get rid of the greens (and some reds) for me in a match. I don't have any spare Subakis anymore, though, which makes things a bit annoying. I always want the green units while pulling.... grumblegrumble....

Same. I hate the guy, but he's so dope. That dragon form is awesome

Edited by silveraura25

15 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

It doesn't matter if female stalkers are rarely violent or not. Stalking violates a person's right and expectations that they be left the fuck alone from people they don't know and don't want to get to know, and it's just as invasive whether the stalker is a man or a woman, or if the person being stalked is a man or woman. And it's stupid to try to say that it's not that big of a deal because it's a woman. Also, way to move to goalposts.

I don't think I argued that it was ethical or morally correct.  Sure it is wrong behavior, invasion of privacy and all that.  We are discussing Nina here, and why she gets away with being a 'stalker' and why Soleil got away with sexual harassment (though no one is discussing this I guess).  So I didn't move goalposts at all, crazy exes have nothing to do with them.

15 hours ago, Nanima said:

@Lewyn Stalking in general precludes strong feelings for the target involved. It's not something done just for fun or to be cute~. It's an unhealthy obsession and an invasion of privacy that takes some serious continued effort and a normal, mentally healthy person woukdn't engage in it. So suddenly it's only those crazy exes that can pull it off? Believe me, things were off about her before that. The relationship was far from healthy in the first place, but it only turned to stalking once she lost conventional routes of access to him. Girls who believe they are entitled to a guys attention and stalk his every move in order to get to him have just as much potential for violence as men. Just google some news articles on the matter. Stalking is NEVER harmless no matter the genders involved. 

Stalking if a stranger or remote acqaintence (like Nina) is just very different than by an ex.  The strong feelings are an unhealthy obsession/fantasy/infatuation, however this is completely different than stalking by a crazy ex in which she shared an actual close relationship with the target. 

1 hour ago, Lewyn said:

I don't think I argued that it was ethical or morally correct.  Sure it is wrong behavior, invasion of privacy and all that.  We are discussing Nina here, and why she gets away with being a 'stalker' and why Soleil got away with sexual harassment (though no one is discussing this I guess).  So I didn't move goalposts at all, crazy exes have nothing to do with them.

No. You mentioned how you think guys wouldn't be concerned if "women" in general were stalking them. When Nanima and I brought up examples, you said crazy people and ex's don't count because you meant strangers. If you're talking about Nina in general, maybe you shouldn't have worded your prior post in a way that make it sound like you're talking about women stalkers in general.

4 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

No. You mentioned how you think guys wouldn't be concerned if "women" in general were stalking them. When Nanima and I brought up examples, you said crazy people and ex's don't count because you meant strangers. If you're talking about Nina in general, maybe you shouldn't have worded your prior post in a way that make it sound like you're talking about women stalkers in general.

I mean the whole topic was about Nina/Soleil getting away with what they were doing cause they are girls.  I shouldn't have to specifically mention that I was referring to them, it was obvious.

5 minutes ago, Lewyn said:

I mean the whole topic was about Nina/Soleil getting away with what they were doing cause they are girls.  I shouldn't have to specifically mention that I was referring to them, it was obvious.

Then maybe don't bring a ridiculous straw man to make a point about Nina and Soleil? Your argument comes off as "people shouldn't take Nina and Soleil seriously because women are harmless and shouldn't be taken seriously even when they harass and stalk!" Of which the fundamental point comes off as women are too harmless to actually hurt someone.

And again, if that's not what you mean, then word your arguments better.

This is a stupid argument, and if you're sooooo insistent on continuing it then you can PM me so we can stop derailing the fucking topic. But do me a favor, and don't. I'm just getting pissed off and neither of us are changing each other's minds.

Edited by Sunwoo

26 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

derailing the fucking topic

Just cracking a joke here to lighten the mood, but this is the Heroes' general thread, so everything is on topic (unless you are talking about Cipher, Tokyo Mirage Sessions, or Three Houses).

This is just me, but I hope the boss of book 3 has a weapon with adaptive damage against all units if it's a dragon. Maybe an exclusive seal that lets it respawn right next to your allies on its following turn if you kill them might be too sadistic.

Also, bringing back Surtr as a fuck you to everyone would be fun too. Thought I was dead? Still alive because summoning and shit, motherfucker. Also, I asked my summoner to summon Laegjarn and Laevatein so I could kill them personally multiple times. Multiple. Times. Their screams of pain were arousing.

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, I asked my summoner to summon Laegjarn and Laevatein so I could kill them personally multiple times. Multiple. Times. Their screams of pain were arousing.

Oh, so that’s just me essentially. Though no joke, I do get some sadistic pleasure in sights like this one.

Spoiler

ag87qOj.png

It’s what she gets for having a Trilemma user around.

13 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Their screams of pain were arousing.

Groans of increasing discomfort...

15 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Also, bringing back Surtr as a fuck you to everyone would be fun too. Thought I was dead? Still alive because summoning and shit, motherfucker. Also, I asked my summoner to summon Laegjarn and Laevatein so I could kill them personally multiple times. Multiple. Times. Their screams of pain were arousing.

Your Surtr better pray to not see me in Arena offense or Arena Assault. I will have his anus and manhood wrecked and smashed with Thunder fists or Meisterschwert.

The Duel BST skills are honestly pretty interesting from a money making perspective. The people who don't care too much about arena scoring don't need too many copies, since they won't do things like juggle blessing seasons, meaning 7 total is a pretty reasonable amount to be capped at, assuming they want any at all---3 for the tri-core, 1 each for the Askr Trio & Fjorm.

The people who do care about Arena score, on the other hand, would have to have a full team for each season, meaning at least 16 copies. And I'm pretty sure they will want to pull for them, eventually, unless I misunderstand the game by a lot. Armor emblem* should be pretty annoying to play once their natural checks start showing up constantly. That's still contingent on a colorless Duel skill showing up, though, unless staff users get colored options eventually. (Which is a pretty good way to make bank---only colored staff users getting Duel BST skills gives a reason to whale for new staff users, considering how similar all of them play right now.)

The best part? The arena doesn't even get harder for the non-whales. It gets easier because they were facing basically every team type already, except now they're facing every team type with some teams running +5 hp instead of something more useful.

*Ranged Armors + Dancer should remain more than serviceable, though, since 2 ranged armors do have decent player phases. So I guess I'm really only talking about melee heavy armor teams.

Really interesting design on the BST skills.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Oh, so that’s just me essentially. Though no joke, I do get some sadistic pleasure in sights like this one.

Hide contents

ag87qOj.png

It’s what she gets for having a Trilemma user around.

No wonder LL!Ephraim is smiling. He must be real proud of himself to put that ahegao face on Laegjarn.

Disgusting.