• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

I'm still only on tier 16. 

I don't have a unit with gale force other than Brave Celica. I'm not wasting 20k feathers on Cordelia. Once I start losing people, the strict turn limit makes it impossible to make gains. 

*Shrugg* I'm tier 24 right now from just auto-battles.

You don't really have to use your own Galeforce units, either, I use my friends' units quite often. Brave Roy, for example, has Galeforce and desperation in his default kit, and even a +0 contributes really well. (I used a friend's +0 default kit Brave Roy for ages.)

Regarding the turn limit---five kills a turn already means the enemy team loses units faster than they can reinforce, and you start with 8 units. 5/8 is just over 60% efficiency in terms of unit-turn to kill, which is pretty trivial, honestly. If you can't get to 60% kill/unit-turn efficiency then your team's player phase offenses or mobility needs work. The tele-fragging difficulties are also a lot easier when you have enough unit-turns to clean kill everyone and possibly take a fort. Reinforcements don't get a turn when they spawn, so they don't get to teleport, and obviously they don't get to teleport to the forts you captured.

(And the fastest way to deploy your own reinforcements is to snipe a fort so that your reinforcements can teleport in to clean up stragglers rather than having to spend turns doing nothing except moving. Doesn't come up much since I don't lose a lot of units when I'm controlling them, but still occasionally useful.)

I finally summoned OG Hector through a miraculous freebie on the fathers' side of the voting gauntlet banners. The Blazing Blade trio are reunited. Sort of. I never summoned Lyn outside of rerolling for Selena way back then. I guess this arena match was an omen. Yeah, I don't know why this Lyn was running Earth Boost 2. Her HP isn't that high and if it was from an Amelia, then that's a waste of Armor March 3 and Slaying Axe+ while if it was from Boey, then it was a waste of Gronnowl+ and Ignis to try and get Renewal 3 on her.

FuM3EAi.jpg

Still a bit annoyed that it took this many banners just to get a Hector of any kind when dude has four versions of himself and three of them are greens. I get it, he's 5*-only, it's all up to chance, etc. Omnibreaker, huh? Probably would help since he's -Res, +Def to stop mages and dragons from overrunning him and it's kind of a simple build provided nobody else is using QR3 as a seal at the moment.

Kinda sad no teaser for the update, but oh well. Tomorrow it is then. Finished my dailies so I'm gonna continue my TearRing Saga playthrough. It's unbelievable how I put this game on hold for a year.

Here's this week's rival domains HM grinding method using a Brave Lance+, Galeforce flier aka Cordelia, but the OP liked Shigure's art more, a Wings of Mercy dancer, and a Wings of Mercy ranged unit who does not need to be a flier. Armored, cavalry, and infantry should all work.

You do need to hit some specific benchmarks which a comment in the thread outlines, namely, to double Subaki with Brave Lance+, you need 37 speed, so 42 total speed which a 5* Cordelia with L&D2 can reach with a Speed +3 seal or being +Spd and -Def and -HP doesn't matter according to one comment. She'll live against against Subaki. You also need at least 45 to 48 total attack to 4HKO Subaki where +49 will 3HKO him, so you'll need Quickened Pulse instead for Galeforce to activate. Ostia's Pulse could probably work, but you'd need to make sure you meet its requirements which probably will be a hassle. Lunge is also not needed since Cordelia can just move to attack the fortress which the autobattle AI will choose to do. Also, take off Pass 3 and maybe don't have anyone who can buff your Brave Lance+, Galeforce flier's defense, maybe resistance, and speed. Cordelia moved down for some reason and I'm guessing it might be because of Luke's Panic Ploy. I took off Pass on my Cordelia and Linde who was right next to her giving her a Fortify Def buff and she moved like Shigure in the video.

For slots, lance flier on 7, dancer on 5, 6, or 8, and your ranged unit on slot 1, 2, 3, or 4.

Edited by Kaden

Ok so i need the opinion of you all.

I burn up all my orbs on the Legendary banner, and got a 5* on the last summon so my pity is 8%. Shold i summon up 20 more orbs to use there, or should use 15-30 on the two Voting Gauntlet ones, since there's a free summon.

Also i still haven't used the free summon of General of Muspell.

Basically, is it worth it to redem a free summon without using the full circle?

17 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I burn up all my orbs on the Legendary banner, and got a 5* on the last summon so my pity is 8%. Shold i summon up 20 more orbs to use there, or should use 15-30 on the two Voting Gauntlet ones, since there's a free summon.

Free summon always worth it. No matter how bad the unit you got from the free summon, hey, it's free. 

59 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

If you want pulls regardless of who you get, the free summon session is the most orb-efficient session there is, and you should pull everything.

However, if you're aiming only for a specific characters on the banner, you'll want to only pull the free summon and the orbs of the colors you're looking for. Orbs spent on a zero percent chance of getting what you want are always wasted.

If you're aiming to save orbs for other banners, you should still always pull the free summon, but exit the session before pulling anything else.

3 hours ago, RexBolt said:

I always only get the Freebie for Banners I don't care about~ It's a free unit, no reason to waste it.

I also never pull from the full circle unless the full circle are colors that matter to me, but I know others like to pull from the whole circle to up Pity-rate~

I just remembered that we still don't have a female sword cavalier or a male green cavalry mage for that matter. Isadora, when? I guess she could be the Titania of the sword cavaliers. Earth Sword Lachesis and Nanna and Mist with her sword would be cool too. Who are the other sword cavaliers that are women in FE?

Edited by Kaden

Sooo . . . was trying to finish off my last two forging bonds and got this.

qmIKfEG.png'

I am kinda sad that not all four are stopped at that number. Does anyone know why Flora and Nina like the number 3488 so much that they engineered me running out of stamina just at this moment?

49 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Who are the other sword cavaliers that are women in FE?

Isadora, Cecil (from [New] Mystery), and Amalda (from Thracia) are the only canonical options for female sword cavaliers unless you stretch the definition to include master knight Lachesis, paladin Nanna and Jeanne, and valkyrie Mist. All the other female cavaliers and paladins from across the series have better ranks in weapon types that aren’t swords.

Edited by Vaximillian

28 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Isadora and Cecil (from [New] Mystery) are the only canonical options for female sword cavaliers unless you stretch the definition to include master knight Lachesis, paladin Nanna and Jeanne, and valkyrie Mist. All the other female cavaliers and paladins from across the series have better ranks in weapon types that aren’t swords.

There's also Amalda from FE5. :v

5 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

There's also Amalda from FE5. :v

Damn. I always seem to miss her when talking about sword cav ladies because Thracia. Thanks for the correction.
do remember about her when talking about paladin ladies over the series, though. Must have been a momentary derp on my side.

51 minutes ago, Kaden said:

I just remembered that we still don't have a female sword cavalier or a male green cavalry mage for that matter. Isadora, when? I guess she could be the Titania of the sword cavaliers. Earth Sword Lachesis and Nanna and Mist with her sword would be cool too. Who are the other sword cavaliers that are women in FE?

This also made me remember how rare cavalry mages actually are. I can't think of any male ones what wouldn't be promotions that are confirmed by canon (and fit the green tome definition). I would say that Rickon is the most likely i think.

Edited by RexBolt

4 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Yeah he's a cav onde he promotes but isn't his speciality Thunder magic? Since he's Tailtiu son and all? 

Well, he starts with a Wind tome and had learnt wind magic while living apart from Tailtiu and Tine in SIlesse. Also Horseti is quite a meme.

26 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Well, he starts with a Wind tome and had learnt wind magic while living apart from Tailtiu and Tine in SIlesse. Also Horseti is quite a meme.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lewyn teach him magic? After looking it up, kinda. Kaga had notes from early development, which aren't canon, that he shared with the public. In these notes Lewyn, posing as a merchant, had taught the youth mysterious magic. My guess is that he couldn't fit this information into the game and as time went on he forgot why Arthur had learned wind magic and just sticked with it

Edited by silveraura25

1 hour ago, silverserpent said:

@Anacybele for your Freddy needs XD spotted at the convention in my area now.

https://imgur.com/a/M3G8UND

I've actually seen that image on the internet before. Kinda funny, but his face is drawn weirdly imo. But I DO love that line. <3

2 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lewyn teach him magic? After looking it up, kinda. Kaga had notes from early development, which aren't canon, that he shared with the public. In these notes Lewyn, posing as a merchant, had taught the youth mysterious magic. My guess is that he couldn't fit this information into the game and as time went on he forgot why Arthur had learned wind magic

Yeah, I was always sure that it was Lewyn (because law of conservation of characters) but I wasn’t sure where to look it up so I didn’t bother to.
Inevitable FE4 remake after FETH, please?

31 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Lewyn teach him magic? After looking it up, kinda. Kaga had notes from early development, which aren't canon, that he shared with the public. In these notes Lewyn, posing as a merchant, had taught the youth mysterious magic. My guess is that he couldn't fit this information into the game and as time went on he forgot why Arthur had learned wind magic and just sticked with it

Huh, had no idea about that.

Now it's to see if the inevitable FE4 remake they will stick with semi-canon notes or make it up from the foundation already in the game. Not that they wouldn't have to do a lot of that already, i'm pretty sure having 80% of the substitutes share the same history/personality of the children will be unaceptable in a modern adaptation.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Isadora, Cecil (from [New] Mystery), and Amalda (from Thracia) are the only canonical options for female sword cavaliers unless you stretch the definition to include master knight Lachesis, paladin Nanna and Jeanne, and valkyrie Mist. All the other female cavaliers and paladins from across the series have better ranks in weapon types that aren’t swords.

Would Eirika, Leif, and Seliph count too? Their promoted selves continue to use swords and exclusively in Eirika's case. That said, Eirika stole Gleipnir, so she can sit in her sad corner of shame. I would not be surprised if Leif is suddenly given an alt with Bragi Sword and who is a sword cavalier so they make money off of him. Eirika and Seliph as cavalry units would make sense for CYL, though, or even a legendary hero for Eirika if they continue off of promoted Ephraim with Eirika.

Welp, better hope for a sword cavalier lady as our next ally in book 3. I'd prefer it if she was around Titania's age or older. A badass older lady would be pretty awesome as an ally.

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

This also made me remember how rare cavalry mages actually are. I can't think of any male ones what wouldn't be promotions that are confirmed by canon (and fit the green tome definition). I would say that Rickon is the most likely i think.

As far as I know, most cavalry mages in the Fire Emblem are enemies of which Bruno is our example in Heroes. The other thing, as you noted, is that they're often promoted classes, so those who can become one either have to show up in Heroes promoted or not and stay in their starting class. For example, L'Arachel starts off as a troubadour where if she showed up as a healer, she'd have a claim for Latona, but she showed up as a valkyrie wielding Ivaldi. That doesn't mean she couldn't show up as a healer in the future which she probably will with them wanting to make money and another healer with a legendary/personal staff probably would sell after we got a taste of being able to use a healer with legendary/personal staff instead of being on the side of getting messed up by it; Loki is our first healer with a legendary/personal staff, but she's nonplayable.

On another note, apparently I have nine Mathildas. I regret sending home two of how many I had summoned before combat manuals were a thing now.

Edited by Kaden