Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

1 minute ago, Xenomata said:

I actually wish we could learn what the process is behind making these decisions, because while there are many cases of a unit being underwhelming until they got ANCHOR ARMS (which come with a free personal weapon, cool refine, or both), there are still cases where already good units are getting personals and refines which are literally what they already do, but far better, see Celica, Cherche, Nephenee, and.. maybe Linde?

Yeah, I agree, I'd like to know how they pick these too. And also how they pick which characters to be seasonals... Like, I'd like to know what was going through their heads when they decided on bride Sanaki who is/was probably the most controversial thing in this game now when they could've easily made bride Elincia or bride Micaiah instead. Or heck, even bride Titania. I get that IS may not have understood how the west looks down upon the idea of child brides, but...still.

So, I finally checked out all the Laegjarns I pulled while trying and failing to get her sister. As I suspected, one is indeed +Atk, -Res, so I'll use that one. But should I fodder the other two or merge them? I'm inclined to merge so I can make her stronger and have another solid choice of sword flier not named Elincia or Ryoma, but yeah.

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

11 minutes ago, Othin said:

Aside from Distant Counter weapons and Dire Thunder

Dire Thunder needs a buff to tackle Abyssal difficulty and crush players in Arena defense.

31 minutes ago, Othin said:

Because they are. Book 3 should launch next month, with a big 3.0 update.

Incidentally, I predicted this month's update to be particularly small for exactly this reason. Although I'm personally plenty happy with it regardless. More Abyssal hero battles are always welcome.

They did, as a matter of fact. Aside from Distant Counter weapons and Dire Thunder, the only other pre-CYL personal weapons currently missing some sort of refine are Cursed Lance, Dark Excalibur, and Dark Aura. So they're right on schedule, and in fact match my predictions for this month's update.

Unrefined Vidofnir and Nidhoff have fallen behind a lot. Nidhogg, in particular, just has the Owl effect, and there are multiple personal tomes that, when refined, have both the Owl effect and something else. Meanwhile, Vidofnir is strictly worse than +Atk Safeguard, aside from being a lance rather than a sword. (Both have 16 Mt and grant +7 Def on enemy phase, but Safeguard also grants +5 HP and works against ranged attacks.)

Adding personal weapons to characters who didn't have any before is separate from upgrading existing ones that have fallen behind. Every month does some of each.

You mean lacking refine or alternates? Unless i understood your points wrongly Armads and Durandal doesnt have one

And iirc Bector have a strictly better version of Armads as a Lance, not sure if there have been lolbetterDurandal besides Dark greatsword which comes from Durandal having DB2 only(weapons better than Durandal is plenty though like that stupid how the fuck is this in the game Nameless Blade and both Mystletainn amongts others)

Theres no denying Armads age nicely because lets be honest Quick Riposte is one of the most broken skill in this game, probably top 5 alongside Killer effect, Brave effect, Windsweep, and Blades

Unrelated note Im somewhat surprised Dark greatsword and Gae Bolg is weirdly underpowered - effect amount wise, being one of few 1 effect weapon in new era whereas usually they had 2 effect slots

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

The Lon'qu guy from the FE Direct showcase should be no doubt pleased.

The fact that they only mention golden accessories as rewards for clearing Abyssal difficulty GHBs is a tad concerning.  It could be similar to Infernal where it's 2K feathers plus an additional copy, but we'll see.  Otherwise I sleep. 

2 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

You mean lacking refine or alternates? Unless i understood your points wrongly Armads and Durandal doesnt have one

And iirc Bector have a strictly better version of Armads as a Lance, not sure if there have been lolbetterDurandal(weapons better than Durandal is plenty though like that stupid how the fuck is this in the game Nameless Blade and both Mystletainn amongts others)

Im somewhat surprised Dark greatsword and Gae Bolg is weirdly underpowered though - effect amount wise, being one of few 1 effect weapon

That's what I mean by "some sort of refine". Armads, Durandal, Tyrfing, and Naga all can be upgraded through the refinery, just to alternate versions rather than bonuses on the base weapon.

Gae Bolg looks fine to me, its effect is pretty huge. However, Dark Greatsword is one of the post-CYL weapons with just a single effect that feels incomplete by current standards. Others that stand out are Bright Naginata, Grimoire, Valflame, and Wargod's Tome.

I'm guessing 3.0 will add refines for Dark Excalibur/Aura, Cursed Lance, Grimoire, and possibly a couple of others. Grimoire stands out as something that has to be in 3.0 rather than another time because it's a seasonal weapon. Conveniently, Nowi will also be getting rerun at the time of next month's update.

27 minutes ago, DLNarshen said:

The fact that they only mention golden accessories as rewards for clearing Abyssal difficulty GHBs is a tad concerning.  It could be similar to Infernal where it's 2K feathers plus an additional copy, but we'll see.  Otherwise I sleep. 

And that’s a good thing that a challenge mode only gives out bragging rights reward. A good thing, a healthy thing.

In other news, I finally laid my hands on Vengeful Fighter fodder:
Screenshot_20181001-190248.png

I want at least one more so I’m going to keep trying with whichever orbs I manage to scrounge up. Then I’m going to decide which of Gwendy and Sheena gets him first.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

And that’s a good thing that a challenge mode only gives out bragging rights reward. A good thing, a healthy thing.

Maybe on very limited maps, but GHB rotation will be around with us for the foreseeable future.  Got plenty of time to figure out a strategy. 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

Valter and Legion have reinforcements in their maps. 

They aren’t getting Abyssal yet mercifully. This update is only applying Abyssal to Narcian, F!Robin, Ursula, Michalis, Navarre, Xander and Lloyd (or, all the daily GHBs that started on February 13th this year).

Welp. RIP phone. My phone battery is dead or something. Won't charge at all so I might have to order a new battery that'll take a month because the phone model itself is rare in Europe. Might just get a new phone instead. I tried other devices at home. Lenovo tablet that doesn't have heroes in it's app store despite being android. Tried apk, but the download stops near the end before completing and I get a error message. Amazon Fire doesn't have playstore so heroes won't work on it. I guess I can try my grandma's iPad

6 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

They aren’t getting Abyssal yet mercifully. This update is only applying Abyssal to Narcian, F!Robin, Ursula, Michalis, Navarre, Xander and Lloyd (or, all the daily GHBs that started on February 13th this year).

Ah, didn't know that. 

On another note: I sacrificed my only Winter Lissa today, even if I really like her art. 

I started receiving 803-3101 all the sudden for no reason, and it doesn't start working. My internet looks ok, anyone else facing this right now?

EDIT: never mind, it's working again.

Edited by Garlyle

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

On another note: I sacrificed my only Winter Lissa today, even if I really like her art. 

I’d honestly argue that her art is the best in the game after Summer Cordelia because shameless bias. At any rate, I’m really glad that her artist also did Ophelia.

I’ve also sacked Winter Lissa...three times because she showed up four times before Santa Chrom did once.

12 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Welp. RIP phone. My phone battery is dead or something. Won't charge at all so I might have to order a new battery that'll take a month because the phone model itself is rare in Europe. Might just get a new phone instead. I tried other devices at home. Lenovo tablet that doesn't have heroes in it's app store despite being android. Tried apk, but the download stops near the end before completing and I get a error message. Amazon Fire doesn't have playstore so heroes won't work on it. I guess I can try my grandma's iPad

Hope you've spent your Orbs before switching to the other platform. IIRC they can't be transferred over.

17 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Sorry to hear that. You could also give one of the emulation methods for the computer a go. If you're interested, there's a thread on here that's titled "How to play FEH on a PC," or something like that. I could find it for you, if you'd like.

21 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

I started receiving 803-3101 all the sudden for no reason, and it doesn't start working. My internet looks ok, anyone else facing this right now?

EDIT: never mind, it's working again.

Had the same effect. Even now it's slow from time to time. 

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

I’d honestly argue that her art is the best in the game after Summer Cordelia because shameless bias. At any rate, I’m really glad that her artist also did Ophelia.

I’ve also sacked Winter Lissa...three times because she showed up four times before Santa Chrom did once.

Her art is great, but I've never used her apart from her TTs. Not even in the monthly missions. 

11 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Good. Seasonals are fodder, not friends.

Well, her skill went to another alt unit, even if not seasonal.

On another note: found a way to one-round Abyssal Tiki on Turn 1. 

What if when they get around to adding Orochi (yay) and Hayato (ew), they would give them red and green serpent tomes respectively?

Snake Spirit scroll was a thing in Fates, after all.

10 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

What if when they get around to adding Orochi (yay) and Hayato (ew), they would give them red and green serpent tomes respectively?

Snake Spirit scroll was a thing in Fates, after all.

In this case Hayato would be Green like his dauther and Orochi Red because, who needs a cause.

Was Hayato that bad in Fates? I still haven't started the trilogy (?) and was going to start with Birthright. If he's that bad he could be the obvious demote this time? He's a guy so that already check's out.

1 minute ago, RexBolt said:

In this case Hayato would be Green like his dauther and Orochi Red because, who needs a cause.

Was Hayato that bad in Fates?

I literally said Orochi would be red and Hayato would be green. That’s what respectively means. Also Hayato is vice-chief of the Wind Tribe.

He’s an even worse Ricken in terms of character, which is quite an accomplishment. No one liked the original, why did they have to copy?

41 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

Was Hayato that bad in Fates? I still haven't started the trilogy (?) and was going to start with Birthright. If he's that bad he could be the obvious demote this time? He's a guy so that already check's out.

As a character, they took Ricken... and that's about where they stopped. They made him of legal having-a-child age I guess, but his supports with the Fates Avatar are literally the same as Rickens with Awakening Avatar. Ricken isn't exactly the most enjoyable character from Awakening to copy paste, and this game already has three blatant copy-pastes and another three actual lifts from the source material, so try taking his "I'm not a child, I'm a grown man" crap two games in a row.

As a unit... meh. Decent Personal Skill for getting him up to par, but even once you do get him up to par, which is stupid easy because Birthright and Revelations allow for easy to grind skirmishes, he has to compete with Orochi and Rhajat, one of whom is really strong, ESPECIALLY if you let her use the Snake Spirit you can get surprisingly early on in Birthright AND can Capture enemies, but the other is a much better fit as an Onmyouji than Hayato and also has a more useful Personal skill for the sake of in case something doesn't die. Also, his personal skill becomes useless.

3 hours ago, Anacybele said:

So, I finally checked out all the Laegjarns I pulled while trying and failing to get her sister. As I suspected, one is indeed +Atk, -Res, so I'll use that one. But should I fodder the other two or merge them? I'm inclined to merge so I can make her stronger and have another solid choice of sword flier not named Elincia or Ryoma, but yeah.

I'd save one just in case you ever secure a Sky Olivia, if you haven't already, so you can give her R Duel Flying, bring her along on Arena Offense, and still have a decent Arena Score despite having a presumably low-merge Dancer along.

If you don't care all that much, that's fine to. Laeg does have two nice fodder skills in Chill Atk and Distant Guard. I don't know if going for the merges would be worth it though, because I still don't know what Laeg is capable of fully with Niu.

3 hours ago, XRay said:

Dire Thunder needs a buff to tackle Abyssal difficulty and crush players in Arena defense.

Someone needs to lay off the Rein-o's, the super-energy-zapping suger cereal sensation striking the nation!

Twice!

Edited by Xenomata

34 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I literally said Orochi would be red and Hayato would be green. That’s what respectively means. Also Hayato is vice-chief of the Wind Tribe.

He’s an even worse Ricken in terms of character, which is quite an accomplishment. No one liked the original, why did they have to copy?

I didn't notice.

Ew. I already know i won't be using him since Rickon was the one character in Awakening, who i'm currently playing, that i didn't restart a chapter because of his death.

59 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Her art is great, but I've never used her apart from her TTs. Not even in the monthly missions. 

Admittedly, I never use mine either. I suppose having a trio of Armads (and now Garm Ephraim as well) plus the one ranged green armor has a lot to do with that.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Perhaps this is how they interpreted Merrics should be? Or shota mages as a whole? Although Tormod the prior shota mage had significantly more to him than just the height thing RD brings up twice.

Also, over 60 characters in Fates, more than in Awakening, bound to be a few duds in a roster so large. There has been duds in smaller rosters after all.

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

As a unit... meh. Decent Personal Skill for getting him up to par

Random thought, do enemies have rarities in this game? Because reworking Pride for FEH could make into a damage boost not just against enemies of a higher level, but also those of a higher rarity, and of a higher merge level. Nothing you keep in the long run, but perhaps good on a *4 +10, were they counted as inferior to a 5* +0?

26 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

but even once you do get him up to par, which is stupid easy because Birthright and Revelations allow for easy to grind skirmishes, he has to compete with Orochi and Rhajat, one of whom is really strong, ESPECIALLY if you let her use the Snake Spirit you can get surprisingly early on in Birthright AND can Capture enemies, but the other is a much better fit as an Onmyouji than Hayato and also has a more useful Personal skill for the sake of in case something doesn't die. Also, his personal skill becomes useless.

Snake Spirit is A rank and halves Atk after using though, and Hayato can quad with it you forget, while Orochi is slower than anyone but Benny and Gunter. On Rev, or with some BP rewards, you can use Lightning instead, which is a much better weapon with the Brave effect.

Hayato is all about Spd, his Res is bleh, his Mag is only average, his physical durability is decent, but as a mage, it isn't anything to write home about even then. And his Skl is almost nonexistent, although his daughter, who gains the Mag her dad lacks and keeps his Spd, is even more of a shoddy hitter. Still, she is the best of the BR mages, although Ophelia is the best mage in all of Fates.

Orochi his 1st Gen rival just can't double without massive help, despite being very strong and very accurate. Her Res is good too, but that is meaningless really. And then we have Izana on BR, who is the Pent to Orochi's Erk. A bit less Magic (3-5), but no investment needed and has 5-7 more Spd than her on average. A bad Personal in Peacemaker and no Supports, but these are minor issues. Izana too has a naturally high Festal rank.

Overall, I'd say Rhajat >>> Hayato > Izana > Orochi if you're willing to grind on BR. But without that it's Rhajat >>> Izana > Orochi >> Hayato. On Rev, sans grind, it becomes Rhajat > Hayato > Ophelia > Leo > Orochi >>>>>>>>>>>> Odin = Nyx.

Edited by Interdimensional Observer

30 minutes ago, Xenomata said:

I'd save one just in case you ever secure a Sky Olivia, if you haven't already, so you can give her R Duel Flying, bring her along on Arena Offense, and still have a decent Arena Score despite having a presumably low-merge Dancer along.

If you don't care all that much, that's fine to. Laeg does have two nice fodder skills in Chill Atk and Distant Guard. I don't know if going for the merges would be worth it though, because I still don't know what Laeg is capable of fully with Niu.

I don't really care to get flying Olivia, though... And I don't understand the appeal of Chill skills, really. So maybe merging is the best idea.