Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

53 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

The current one only goes untill the 10th of orctober, so i also think so.

I was a little concerned since the calendar shows dates ending at 11/8, but since the last start date is October 10th like you said, we should be safe.  They just wanted to give us end dates.  So hopefully October 11th and beyond brings something good!

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Hopefully! Summer Noire stands a chance of being on it, which could make for a great colorless pool for me next time since I really want her. (maybe I can pick up a better IV Grima along the way, too)

that's my hope. she or Bridal Cordelia. :)
(and to think. i thought i never wanted any of these seasonals or gimmicky units ;) and they tend to be the best ones! i keep hoping for really good October Legendaries and Bad ones. if it's bad  i can keep saving up For Christmas. if it's good I can get Ninian! 

1 hour ago, Landmaster said:

My Reinhardt's +Atk, so I'll keep seeing if I can get him to work~

Yeah, Enemy Phase units are some of the biggest threats. I need to get more into it. Which Distant/Close Counter were easier to come by, would be good on so many of my units~ XP

She'll be a big help once you get her merged XP

yah!!! (in my best mia voice). it' driving me insane all the maps i can't even touch. Must. Earn. More. Feathers. For. Projects. :D
(but it is scary how much beating she can take. even with a Falchion she can take at least one solid hit, and another one from another unit. (HP boon kicking in). 

22 hours ago, Vaximillian said:

Come on, Ishtar, you are most certainly NOT a mage knight:

They got it right in her summoning quote (bla bla warlock of Friege), why not copy and paste it?

It's also correct in Japanese. She uses the word 魔法戦士, which translates to "mage fighter". Some scatterbrained translator must've misread it as 魔法騎士, which is "mage knight".

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It's also correct in Japanese. She uses the word 魔法戦士, which translates to "mage fighter". Some scatterbrained translator must've misread it as 魔法騎士, which is "mage knight".

Speaking of which, she wasn’t even a mage fighter back in Genealogy, she was a sage in all three of her appearances. Unless this isn’t referring to class, of course.

I just learned that Robbie Daymond, Ares's voice Actor, voiced Professor Willow from Go when discussing Meltan's appearance. Also, did you know Awakening and Fates Concept Illustrator also designed Professor Willow, 3 team leaders, and the player characters as well?

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of which, she wasn’t even a mage fighter back in Genealogy, she was a sage in all three of her appearances. Unless this isn’t referring to class, of course.

Jugdral, if memory serves, is interestingly the only continent where the names of all of its classes are phonetic from English rather than using Japanese for a few of the classes that typically use native Japanese terms.

Therefore the class names, at least for now, are canonically マージファイター (māji faitā) and マージナイト (māji naito) instead of the Japanese equivalents 魔法戦士 (mahou senshi) or 魔道戦士 (madou senshi) and 魔法騎士 (mahou kishi) or 魔道騎士 (madou kishi).

That said, I do believe the 魔道- (madou-) variants of the names using native Japanese words are more likely to be used as class names instead of the 魔法- (mahou-) variant that she uses in her intro. The difference isn't too great between the two, but I suppose a more accurate translation would be "magic fighter" or "magic warrior". Regardless, it's rather clear in the Japanese that she's not a knight.

6 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That said, I do believe the 魔道- (madou-) variants of the names using native Japanese words are more likely to be used as class names instead of the 魔法- (mahou-) variant that she uses in her intro. The difference isn't too great between the two, but I suppose a more accurate translation would be "magic fighter" or "magic warrior". Regardless, it's rather clear in the Japanese that she's not a knight.

Never knew that about the Jugdrali class names, sounds interesting. Did they go with English instead of Japanese to signify the difference between the Archanean and Jugdrali culture(s)?

Oh, and is it the same mahou as in mahou-shoujo the “magical girls” genre? We full anime now, even fuller than before.

Wow, I didn't realize until just now that I have all of the earth legendary heroes. After legendary Tiki's banner gave me f!Grima and Tiki (and with the free legendary Ike we got), I have all the earth heroes and no fire heroes.

I even pulled legendary Ike at one point several months ago, but he was -atk.

Actually, all of the legendary earth heroes I've pulled up to now (so not including the free Ike) have been -atk. What the fuck?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Never knew that about the Jugdrali class names, sounds interesting. Did they go with English instead of Japanese to signify the difference between the Archanean and Jugdrali culture(s)?

Most games use a mix of English words and Japanese words for their class names. For example, Fighter is typically 戦士 (senshi), but Warrior is typically ウォーリア (wōria).

Jugdral took one extreme and exclusively used English names for their classes. For example, the Dancer class is ダンサー (dansā) instead of the "traditional" 踊り子 (odoriko).

Radiant Dawn took a different extreme and gave every class both a Japanese and an English name (the way the names are written with the English name as ruby text over the Japanese implies that the English name is intended as the "pronunciation" of the class's name with the Japanese providing the "meaning"). For example, the Dragonlord class has the Japanese name 神竜騎士 (shinryuukishi), "divine dragon knight", and the English name リンドブルム (rindoburumu), "lindwurm".

And then, of particular note, is Fates, where all of the Hoshidan classes have only a Japanese name and all of the Nohrian classes have only an English name. Corrin's base class is ダークプリンス (dāku purinsu), "dark prince", or ダークプリンセス (dāku purinsesu), "dark princess", but promotes into ダークブラッド (dāku buraddo), "dark blood", on the Nohrian side and 白の血族 (shiro no chizoku), "one of the white bloodline", on the Hoshidan side. Azura similarly has the base class 歌姫 (utahime), "song princess".

Taking a cue from the situation of Fates, I'd wager a guess that Jugdral's classes were given exclusively English names for the same reason that character and place names in Jugdral almost exclusively draw from European sources.

29 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, and is it the same mahou as in mahou-shoujo the “magical girls” genre? We full anime now, even fuller than before.

Yes.

魔法 (mahou) means "magic". 少女 (shoujo) means literally "young woman", therefore "girl". Which is where Kyubey's observation in Puella Magi Madoka Magica (huge story spoiler for anyone who doesn't already know)

Spoiler

that 魔法少女 (mahou shoujo), "magical girls", "grow up" to become 魔女 (majo), "witches", which literally translates as "magic women",

comes from.

魔道 (madou), literally "the way of magic", I believe follows the same pattern as words like 武士道 (bushidou), "bushido", literally "the way of the warrior", and 剣道 (kendou), "kendo", literally "the way of the sword", and thus would refer more to the use and application of magic rather than magic itself, hence why the Japanese names of the classes are 魔道士 (madoushi) for Mage and 魔道騎士 (madou kishi) for Mage Knight (extrapolated from Olwen's titles in Heroes) and presumably 魔道戦士 (madou senshi) for Mage Fighter.

10 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

Wow, I didn't realize until just now that I have all of the earth legendary heroes. After legendary Tiki's banner gave me f!Grima and Tiki (and with the free legendary Ike we got), I have all the earth heroes and no fire heroes.

I even pulled legendary Ike at one point several months ago, but he was -atk.

Actually, all of the legendary earth heroes I've pulled up to now (so not including the free Ike) have been -atk. What the fuck?

That's me.  I have none of the fire heroes and the only water hero I have is Fjorm.  The only wind hero I have is Gunnthra.  However I have all 3 earth heroes.  

That's funny. The only wind and water heroes I have are Gunnthra and Fjorm, respectively. But I have all the fire heroes and before Tiki evaded me, all the earth heroes as well. Can't have it all in this game unless you spend that green though. So oh well.

53 minutes ago, Zeo said:

That's funny. The only wind and water heroes I have are Gunnthra and Fjorm, respectively. But I have all the fire heroes and before Tiki evaded me, all the earth heroes as well. Can't have it all in this game unless you spend that green though. So oh well.

I don't spend and exclusively save my orbs for Legendary banners, but I still haven't gotten all of them. No luck with Ryoma, Lucina, or Hector. Most others I have merges with though, my highest ones being Ike at +7, Fjorm at +6, and Robin at +5, so I would say my luck is fair.

7 minutes ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This week I got over 80,000 feathers due to rival domains farming, I need it to continue. Please don't be replaced for a week.

All my units are capped ;_;

1 hour ago, Jingle Jangle said:

This week I got over 80,000 feathers due to rival domains farming, I need it to continue. Please don't be replaced for a week.

wow. that's amazing!

i finally figured out the Lunatic Berkut map. Ran a team of Hosh!Micaiah, Lewyn, Hardin and L!Tiki. Those two took the hits, and the mages mopped up. 

Man looking back i kinda lowkey hate how the group that still doesn't have refines or unrefined weapons got a bit screwed when casually building them

Like i want to feather Subaki for lulz and then i got taken aback when i remember he cant pump his Sapphire Lance further

I mean yeah Bladetome refine is definitely a bad idea, but i think at this point increasing TA weapons MT by 4 and giving extra stats for Raventomes isnt that bad

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of raven tomes, what if they could ignore firesweep effects (including dazzling)?

Oooh that's an interesting idea. I'm sure IS would love to use that to make PvE trickier as well

Hmm random thought, what if Legendary Tiki was colourless armour dragon instead of blue? Even more annoying to take down? I've always envisioned Tiki should've been the first colourless dragon if it had to be the Legendary colourless hero (instead of Frima)

Real talk should've been Adult Tiki though since she's been a Divine Dragon for years. Also I want classy Tiki art more like her Awakening art 

33 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Speaking of raven tomes, what if they could ignore firesweep effects (including dazzling)?

Wtf vax stop reading my mind

28 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Oooh that's an interesting idea. I'm sure IS would love to use that to make PvE trickier as well

Hmm random thought, what if Legendary Tiki was colourless armour dragon instead of blue? Even more annoying to take down? I've always envisioned Tiki should've been the first colourless dragon if it had to be the Legendary colourless hero (instead of Frima)

Real talk should've been Adult Tiki though since she's been a Divine Dragon for years. Also I want classy Tiki art more like her Awakening art 

Idk, theres a certain pointn where WT's conquer through defenses i think?

Speaking of Legendary annoying to take down Armor

How about we create ultimate unkillable abomination

Legendary Zephiel

Red Sword

175 BST

55 HP

40 ATK

15 SPD

35 DEF

30 RES

Prf Weapon:

Kotarou Yamada Eckesachs