• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

3 hours ago, Nanima said:

How often do you people encounter Firesweep bows that this is such a complaint? They can't even show up in arena that much, unless we are talking Jakob, in which case, again, go for the armours. Really, archers are mostly low tier and rarely used as it is. No need to kick out their last leg in the race.

Firesweep is really annoying to deal with if you are not utilizing a Player Phase team in the lower score ranges. In my opinion, ranged units are only low tier due to the BST and SP scoring criteria. By removing arbitrary scoring requirements and restoring Arena to be based solely on performance (ideally none of that feeding kills to bonus unit crap and remove bonus units altogether), I believe ranged units will be used much more often in higher tiers.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

that enemies had stats that were too high to deal with in a reasonable manner

I think that is easily solved by boosting some of the players' unit's stats like in Arena or Grand Conquest. HP+10 and Atk/Spd/Def/Res+4 on a movement type of the week would help a lot.

Adding in special effects from Grand Conquest would be neat too, Infantry Blade, Bold Pony, Super Guidance, and Super Armor Boots are all pretty powerful effects.

2 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

One idea could be to allow the unlimited use of Arena Assault items in the mode. I know I have a ton of those items lying around.

That would be nice too. I have a ton of those lying around. I keep forgetting to use them during Arena Assault so they just kept piling up.

47 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

I'm fine with the stat inflation because, honestly, it's still not high enough that +0s would have problems with the mode

+0s only work if the strategy is to choke and stall. I personally do not mind it, but I am not sure if that is the way the developers intended Relay Defense to be cleared.

47 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Just changing it so you get a tempest trial/arena assault menu between teams and/or a redeployment screen would fix most of the issues for me.

Preferably, it would reset the enemy position back to their spawn locations every two turns, so your new reinforcements are not overwhelmed by the swarm right outside the doorstep.

Edited by XRay

54 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

for that particular lament - Berkut. 
but yah I can't figure it out for Ishtar/Reinhardt either. 

I managed Berkut with S!Innes (I think any Green Axe should be fine), L!Ike (Ike is amazing for the map, he takes out everyone in the lefthand side), S!Catria (But she didn't do much, any Blue Ranged unit with decent defense can work or PheonixMaster suggests Ursula for her Calvary Tome if you have her) and any Dancer (you've got plenty XP)

For the BHB, ended up not being too bad. I used Swordhardt, B!Lyn, and two dancers. You just need to managed to take out Ishtar and Reinhardt before the attack and Reposition/Dance everyone out of the way to be able to beat everyone else

Edited by Landmaster

19 minutes ago, XRay said:

+0s only work if the strategy is to choke and stall. I personally do not mind it, but I am not sure if that is the way the developers intended Relay Defense to be cleared.

Oh no, you can do an offensive +0 run too. It's just expensive as hell due to Galeforce being unlocked at 5*s, which is basically a merge's worth of resources per Galeforce.

The key about offensive teams is that you always pick your matchups, so you can, if needed, pick for color advantage and damage type advantage (that is, you hit a red with low def with a blue physical), the problem is that the stat inflation means your neutral matchups will be pretty bad---you still won't die in most of them, because the enemy units are running default sets, but 2 rounds of combat will probably kill you---so you need Galeforce to kill almost everyone or else your front line breaks. But being able to choose your fights is why during my arena binge a whiles back my team could get away with using level 1 A-slots---offensive units don't actually need all that much BST to kill people, it's avoiding being killed that needs BST.

Beyond that, a simple Hone Type is 15 merges worth of offensive stats. (+6/+6 versus +4/+4 for 10 merges), so a high mobility team won't have a problem at +0 so long as it's fully kitted out. The main problem with an offensive strategy in Relay Defense is turn generation, not combat limitations, and only because you start outnumbered and they get reinforcements without losing their field units. (If you kept your field units and got reinforcements the mode would be trivial, though, so that makes sense.) Hence Galeforce.

4 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Oh no, you can do an offensive +0 run too. It's just expensive as hell due to Galeforce being unlocked at 5*s, which is basically a merge's worth of resources per Galeforce.

The key about offensive teams is that you always pick your matchups, so you can, if needed, pick for color advantage and damage type advantage (that is, you hit a red with low def with a blue physical), the problem is that the stat inflation means your neutral matchups will be pretty bad---you still won't die in most of them, because the enemy units are running default sets, but 2 rounds of combat will probably kill you---so you need Galeforce to kill almost everyone or else your front line breaks. But being able to choose your fights is why during my arena binge a whiles back my team could get away with using level 1 A-slots---offensive units don't actually need all that much BST to kill people, it's avoiding being killed that needs BST.

Beyond that, a simple Hone Type is 15 merges worth of offensive stats. (+6/+6 versus +4/+4 for 10 merges), so a high mobility team won't have a problem at +0 so long as it's fully kitted out. The main problem with an offensive strategy in Relay Defense is turn generation, not combat limitations, and only because you start outnumbered and they get reinforcements without losing their field units. (If you kept your field units and got reinforcements the mode would be trivial, though, so that makes sense.) Hence Galeforce.

But how do you trigger Galeforce for everyone though? There is a limited number of cool down Sacred Seals and you can only use one MOO!Hector.

1 hour ago, Hilda said:

cant wait for abyssal Legion. That thing will fuckbus up lol. Though i cant remember if Legion was on the 1. rotation

He’s not part of the first group of daily GHBs, so no Abyssal for him yet.

18 minutes ago, XRay said:

But how do you trigger Galeforce for everyone though? There is a limited number of cool down Sacred Seals and you can only use one MOO!Hector.

Brave Weapons, the 1 dancer that's allowed, enemy phase combats, and the fact that you don't actually need double your unit count in unit-turns, so it's fine if your Galeforces aren't up every single turn. I don't remember the reinforcement counts, but the enemy starts with 8 units and you start with 5, so 3 Galeforce triggers is already enough to one turn wipe, but you don't need to force the one turn wipe if you don't want to or can't. It's fine to pick people off with enemy phase combats before you fully commit, which both charges your Galeforce and ideally lowers the enemy count.

The best way to think of it might be to look at default Cordelia---that is, the TA3, Galeforce, Brave Weapon build---she can either:

x4 a lance\blue dragon, eating a counter, and trigger Galeforce straight up.

Counter-kill a red melee and then trigger Galeforce on player phase, thanks to the extra special charge.

Tank a red mage hit, kill that mage, then get danced to kill someone else. Which triggers her galeforce.

Mind, TA-3 Brave Weapon Galeforce is still a weird ass set---it's deceptively strong, but Slaying Lance L&D has such a strong neutral matchup on both phases that I don't feel like TA-3 Brave is worth it unless you're on a very tight budget.

2 hours ago, silveraura25 said:

Domains had the problem of just being auto battle. You could get enough of a score on infernal with just the press of one button. Relay requires player input. But I can understand something different from what many are used to appearing nauseating

At least if I choose not to auto Domains it's still decently fun to play. Relay just felt like a strictly worse take on Domain battles. Camping out on the bases defending them for the whole thing was just not interesting, nor was AI abusing to beat abyssal.

Too bad we got tap battle, GC and Relay instead of something like the town builder + town battles mentioned in that January survey. It seems Dragalia Lost ended up implementing those ideas instead.

10 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

At least if I choose not to auto Domains it's still decently fun to play.

Pretty much, actually. Rival domains have grown on me (after I’ve filled my five? four? brigades with friend units), even though the reduced size of individual tiles is still difficult on my eyes. I’ve stopped auto-battling it ages ago, even for grand shitquests.

DouxrEFU8AAaEuj.png

Halloween Silhouettes are up. No strong guess who they could be. Left is kind of Camilla-ish, but that seems doubtful to get another of her so soon. The hair's not quite big enough either.

12 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

DouxrEFU8AAaEuj.png

Halloween Silhouettes are up. No strong guess who they could be. Left is kind of Camilla-ish, but that seems doubtful to get another of her so soon. The hair's not quite big enough either.

Wow, I've got nothing for either one of them. I was thinking Cordi or Felicia on the left because of the hair but it's really hard to tell this time.

4 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Worth noting that the right one seems to be on a broom (with the pumpkin hanging off it), so probably another witch mage flier like Nowi was.

IMO, looks more like a mace (pumpkin on a stick) and thus axe user. 

41 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

DouxrEFU8AAaEuj.png

The Right could be a big dress, but also as vampiric coat. It's hard to tell because it's clearly the damaged art.

Could be that we might get a TT to coincide with the Halloween one, but... Masked Marth needs two more copies to be +10. I dunno what they'll decide on.

21 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Fuck today’s blessing assault. It shows everything that is wrong with modern armoured units, and that is everything.

Can't units with an anti-armor weapon and an appropriate -breaker tear through them? Granted, you need them to have an earth blessing to be able to use them and B Tomebreaker is still not in the goddamn regular summoning pool.

Luckily for me I happened to have Micaiah and Kinshi Hinoka earth blessed, plus a handfull of strong reds that could deal with Hector with some help. It was funny how Lilina with +12 atk from drives and buffs was still unable to one shot Hector. I needed Flying Olivia to tank a hit from him first to lower his HP some. Pretty crazy.

I finally beat it with two Ikes, Cordelia, and Ferobin in the first map, and Minerva, Alm, Sanaki, and Sonya in the second map. I didn’t expect Eliwood to not have Armoured March in the second map. Still, these stats are crazy. These knights are crazy. I don’t like it one bit.

Julia got confused with her mother, which sucks for me since she's already +10 and not even decent fodder...

As for sillouettes, my guesses are Nah as the witch and the left one...hmm...Caeldori, if it isn't Cordelia. They might throw a twist and it's actually Florina or even out third Tellius seasonal.

2 hours ago, silverserpent said:

Julia got confused with her mother, which sucks for me since she's already +10 and not even decent fodder...

As for sillouettes, my guesses are Nah as the witch and the left one...hmm...Caeldori, if it isn't Cordelia. They might throw a twist and it's actually Florina or even out third Tellius seasonal.

Fourth, we have Sanaki, Elincia and Micaiah.