Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

10 minutes ago, Kaden said:

They could have them record the gameplay and the rest of the fluff is done by a different division in their studio if they're big enough or whoever is their marketing team. Maybe I'm thinking of it from a game like Devil May Cry where you have someone good at the game play through stuff, it gets recorded, and that gameplay is sent to whoever will put together a trailer of it doing whatever editing, audio, or whatever else is agreed upon or felt would work between the developers and marketing team.

Considering this is nintendo i kinda doubt their ability of having someone good at the game

Pokemon manage to fail no less than 2 gen in a row with Aegislash(where their gameplay prediction fail so hard its hilarious), and Incineroar(who barely get advertisement despite being.... well, Incineroar)

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

8 minutes ago, Kaden said:

They could have them record the gameplay and the rest of the fluff is done by a different division in their studio if they're big enough or whoever is their marketing team. Maybe I'm thinking of it from a game like Devil May Cry where you have someone good at the game play through stuff, it gets recorded, and that gameplay is sent to whoever will put together a trailer of it doing whatever editing, audio, or whatever else is agreed upon or felt would work between the developers and marketing team.

Of course it's possible. It depends on how close those divisions work together, if they are in the same company at all. 

Probably going to spend all my spare orbs (+ finally do some of the story maps & chain challenges and whatnot that I've been leaving around) to pull for Mia. I'm personally 'alright' with her as a character, but it's very, very hard for a flying healer to be any less broken than Reinhardt right after SI. (I'd rate her somewhere around 8.5/10 even if she had 1 for all stats, I think---although I'd hate to use her like that.)

There simply isn't any tools to deal with healers right now outside of a huge positioning advantage (either via tons of units, weird ass maps, or the player being bad) and flying mobility is the positioning move type. I usually say it's a mobility advantage, but that's just a shorthand like how I treat 2 range weapons as mobility.

It doesn't help that fliers have their own god damn dancers---Azura's the main problem here, since she's about as budget as a 5* gets, being both a dancer (usually 5* locked) and having Hone Fliers.

The best part is that she's not obviously broken like Reinhardt (who's rated highly for just one of the many, many reasons he's a broken mess), so I doubt IS will be in any hurry to release checks to healers.

2 minutes ago, Kaden said:

That's typically not in the developers' job descriptions, especially for something this trivial.

Developers typically don't like having more things to do than they need to do, nor do we generally have time for them around our existing workload.

19 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Yeah, it depends on the size of the company. Some places do have the developers make the release videos or at least help make them. I think it's reasonably possible here that the developers at least make some extra options available to marketing. Could be access to a level editor, a custom build, a special properties file, etc.

7 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

That's typically not in the developers' job descriptions, especially for something this trivial.

Developers typically don't like having more things to do than they need to do, nor do we generally have time for them around our existing workload.

I am using the term developers loosely to refer to an entire game development studio not just the programmers, sound designers, animators, and whoever else. There are multiple departments, so it could be possible that Intelligent Systems has a marketing team or Nintendo has a dedicated marketing team that works for Intelligent Systems.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

I am using the term developers in a loose term to refer to an entire game development studio not just the programmers, sound designers, animators, and whoever else. There are multiple departments, so it could be possible that Intelligent Systems has a marketing team or Nintendo has a dedicated marketing team that works for Intelligent Systems.

It would still require work from the software development team itself to make there be a way to pick which voice line gets played.

15 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Probably going to spend all my spare orbs (+ finally do some of the story maps & chain challenges and whatnot that I've been leaving around) to pull for Mia. I'm personally 'alright' with her as a character, but it's very, very hard for a flying healer to be any less broken than Reinhardt right after SI. (I'd rate her somewhere around 8.5/10 even if she had 1 for all stats, I think---although I'd hate to use her like that.)

There simply isn't any tools to deal with healers right now outside of a huge positioning advantage (either via tons of units, weird ass maps, or the player being bad) and flying mobility is the positioning move type. I usually say it's a mobility advantage, but that's just a shorthand like how I treat 2 range weapons as mobility.

It doesn't help that fliers have their own god damn dancers---Azura's the main problem here, since she's about as budget as a 5* gets, being both a dancer (usually 5* locked) and having Hone Fliers.

The best part is that she's not obviously broken like Reinhardt (who's rated highly for just one of the many, many reasons he's a broken mess), so I doubt IS will be in any hurry to release checks to healers.

Whats the full list again? Im somewhat sceptic 6/6/6/6 SaberBook Rein is quite as monstrous as it once was since the amount of unit that withstand 80 ATK should be way more than it used to be

13 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Whats the full list again? Im somewhat sceptic 6/6/6/6 SaberBook Rein is quite as monstrous as it once was since the amount of unit that withstand 80 ATK should be way more than it used to be

Rein's rated highly because of his combat.

Rein's a broken mess of a unit because he has near armor level combat while being a ranged horse. It's the ranged horse part that's broken, not his combat itself. I actually don't care too much about his combat---I run a +1 Horse!Lyn as part of my standard team for Abyssal stuff, and I get away with it because it's not combat that makes horses broken. Healers have actually eclipsed Rein in terms of sheer combat a while ago (you don't need dual phase combat if you have Gravity, since enemy phase capabilities is mostly a positioning tool, and Gravity is comparable if not outright stronger)---it's just that I've never quite been willing to lose reposition to run a healer, especially since horse healers didn't have horse dancers.

Edit: I might not be too clear, but essentially Reinhardt's pros, ignoring his combat, are:

1, His excellent personal mobility

2, His excellent team mobility support (horse repo's are damn good)

3, And his access to Type Buffs

1 & 3 combined make him very good at giving and receiving positioning intensive buffs like Ally Support---it's fairly simple to give a 2 range unit an ally support when they're partnered with another 2 range unit, at least in my experience.

Edited by DehNutCase

17 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

As interesting as her Yu-Gi-Oh card staff effect is, I can't wait to just slap Gravity on her and cheese the shit out of things with flier buffs and Reposition. It's gonna be great.

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

As interesting as her Yu-Gi-Oh card staff effect is, I can't wait to just slap Gravity on her and cheese the shit out of things with flier buffs and Reposition. It's gonna be great.

Oh I didn't give a damn about her staff---it's literally all her flier mobility type that had me stoked.

Gravity is so much better than every other staff it's not even funny.

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Oh I didn't give a damn about her staff---it's literally all her flier mobility type that had me stoked.

Gravity is so much better than every other staff it's not even funny.

Yep. Pain is neat sometimes too, but Gravity's godly. I already love my Elise and Maribelle with it, but on a flier? Now that's what I've been waiting months for. Fliers finally have pretty much every type of unit I could hope for. All that's missing is a blue dragon and then they'll probably start churning out funky stuff like colored daggers and bows, like how they're doing for armors now.

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I kind of find that remark ironic since a good deal of problem with Yu-Gi-Oh cards were future proofing(Dewloren and Gransoil anyone?) whereas that Staff is.... the reverse

I'm aware of the joke though.... The staff is a god damn phone book.

2 hours ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

Pokemon manage to fail no less than 2 gen in a row with Aegislash(where their gameplay prediction fail so hard its hilarious), and Incineroar(who barely get advertisement despite being.... well, Incineroar)

I'm a bit behind on my Pokemon knowledge but what's the deal about Incineroar? Is Aegislash about them thinking he'd be a special attacker?

@Sunwoo Not exactly a Legault expert or user, but from what I quickly tested out on a calc with his base kit, he gets more kills with +Atk. 31 neutral Attack doesn't seem that much these days, but maybe get a second opinion. Curious what @Zeo would have to say, I don't see much Legaults.

8 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

I'm a bit behind on my Pokemon knowledge but what's the deal about Incineroar? Is Aegislash about them thinking he'd be a special attacker?

@Sunwoo Not exactly a Legault expert or user, but from what I quickly tested out on a calc with his base kit, he gets more kills with +Atk. 31 neutral Attack doesn't seem that much these days, but maybe get a second opinion. Curious what @Zeo would have to say, I don't see much Legaults.

The reverse

Aegislash is because they are thinking he'd be a Physical attacker. It was actually the exact reaction of the competitive community for a bit and then people realized Physical Aegi sucks hard for various reasons so everyone and their mom runs Shadow Ball set instead, noticably the primary move of Physical set at the time, Shadow Sneak at +2 is weaker than Shadow Ball

The only reason Aegi ever run Physical Anymore was in Ubers if used as Xerneas Check even then only Gyro Ball is really ran

Incineroar case is more because.... well lets say if they heavily promote something they should know "its good it should be popular lets promote it" right?

You know how Incineroar is kinda unpromoted? It was shown as Kukui's secret ace pokemon in the anime(and Kukui was the de-facto Champion figure in the game, so its kinda notable) but not really much else. Unlike say Greninja who'se reveal is soon followed by smash, get signature form etc(even if Gren is overshadowed by Hawlucha a bit.... kinda amusing to note Hawlucha is one of the scourge of competitive scene in smogon atm)

Yeah thats completely unindicative to its complete utter dominance of official competitive. Incineroar is the only starter besides Swampert who manage to be viable without their hidden ability during their release. And then when he get hidden ability he went extra and become the single most popular pokemon to ever exists in competitive scene, beyond Landorus T, with dominance on the level of Primal Groudon. On 2019 format its considered the best pokemon in the meta alongside Xerneas Groudon and Kyogre, notably Kyogre was the previous most dominant pokemon. Theres apparently a tour where 31 of the Top 32 have Incineroar in the team

To give an idea, Gamefreak had a ranking system that ranks each pokemon based on how well they results in tournaments. Incineroar literally have 40% higher rating than Xerneas, and his total rating is higher than Groudon and Kyogre combined

Greninja on the other hand.... was a nobody in the same format. The pokemon that ended up taking its helm as competitve face of the era was also promoted early - Mega Kangaskhan is from what i remember the first few revealed and more promoted Megas. Theres other failure they did in Gen 6(Mega Charizard X is WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY less popular than Mega Charized Y) but its not as big

41 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Cool, that's good to keep it in mind. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Sunwoo said:

So ...

I have a +spd -HP Legault. I just pulled one that is +atk -HP. Which one is better to use as a base?

I personally use a +Spd -Res +1 Legault that helped me clear many an infernal mission. Thanks to his dagger and buffs being quite common these days he often deals enough damage to take out any non armour I send him at. The Speed keeps him from being doubled but taking enough damage to get in desperation range.

23 minutes ago, Garlyle said:

New quests were easy, done it in my lunch break (although only my Clarine was 5*)

My Clarine is 4★ but Lachesis and Ethlyn with Savage Pain backed by Azura made it piece of cake.

My Clarine was 5* but -ATK and without any Refine. Generally those missions aren't as hard as they used to be, Level 35 units in the tower and special training maps die fast enough with the help of buffs, seals, healers and dancers. 

(sigh). curious how i am gonna do the Odin/Clarine quests. I have a Tiki already but shes level 4. boo. 

eh. i guess. putting them through a special map. i guess I am happy for another adult tiki. 

Edited by daisy jane

22 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

Why do they keep putting healers in these three heroes quests? They're so annoying to use in them.

They are actually pretty easy if you have already invested in them, healers in particular have no problem wiping the floor with Pain-Savage Blow-Savage Blow, although I guess anyone with investment would be easy to use too.