Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

5 minutes ago, Azuni said:
  Hide contents

Not sure how legit this information is, but there was a thread mentioning that the newly datamined bonus Heroes set will remain for only two weeks.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FireEmblemHeroes/comments/9mp8i2/extra_findings_from_the_2100_update/

According to this, everybody's favorite game mode will return. 

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

1 hour ago, Icelerate said:

Hopefully Ghast's prediction turns out to be true. It'd be a dream come true. @Interdimensional Observer

Would this banner finally interest you into spending your reservoir of orbs? 

Did I miss a datamine or something? Or is this just a random thought?

I've been trying to cut down on my SF time so can I focus more on schoolwork. And that has in particular meant cutting my time to nil/near nil on the FEH board, since this is the scourge of my being, the tempting incubus of my online self which saps my essence away. Never mind I've been playing Dragalia Lost and XC2:TtGC to fill some of the time not wasted here.

But lets see:

When I ranked characters in PoR, using the full 1-10 scale with perhaps some brutality, Jill was like the lone 10/10. Introduction, recruitment, supports, base conversations, boss convos- all working to develop this totally optional minor character. If every character in FE had Jill's treatment, FE's rosters would be the best in the universe, if at the cost of a development team being 2:1 character writers to every other staff.

Tauroneo is a little underdeveloped- more of the Four Steadfast Rider past, but I do like him. RD gave him some good spotlight as well. Sure I'd go for him.

Zihark- The Navarre who isn't in the least bit edgy, just a well-rounded, likable guy. And he has a fairly well-explained past as opposed to mystery for mystery's sake. Either he or Rutger is the best in terms of character in the archetype. I'll lean Zihark b/c I haven't played Binding yet and lean towards Tellius.

Nailah- If only we knew more of Hatari, and she had actual Supports. Nonetheless, her personality as a cool and strong woman is established ingame and it is likable. Her appearance, if impractical in a desert due to sandpaper winds and intense sunlight making exposed skin really really bad, it works and Volug dresses similarly, so no overtly sexist designing here. Lastly, I do like her and Rafiel as husband and wife, if only their marriage was outright stated at some point in RD.

So yeah, I'd summon for this set. But I'm preparing for Ilyana to throw a maggot-ridden apple into the next Tellius banner.

11 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

According to this, everybody's favorite game mode will return. 

According to this they at least put the effort to fix things up.

Maybe it will be ok this time? Dunno. 

For real it would be a much better game mode for me if the units stayed for the whole deal and you only got reinforcements. 

-----

@Interdimensional Observer

I like Ilyana, but you are right. Her showing up in this hypothetical banner would make a double blue banner, or worse, force Jill to be a Green unit. Now i love greens, but a Lance just fit's Jill a lot better. It was actually one of my all time favorite things in PoR that some prepromotes were better in the secondary weapons of the class, making both the unit and the unpromoted fellow distinct. 

Also i Tauroneo can only be a Red or Blue Armor, so :>_<:.

Yeah i know unbalanced banners are a common thing, but they make me feel bad.

Edited by RexBolt

13 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

For real it would be a much better game mode for me if the units stayed for the whole deal and you only got reinforcements. 

-----

@Interdimensional Observer

I like Ilyana, but you are right. Her showing up in this hypothetical banner would make a double blue banner, or worse, force Jill to be a Green unit. Now i love greens, but a Lance just fit's Jill a lot better. It was actually one of my all time favorite things in PoR that some prepromotes were better in the secondary weapons of the class, making both the unit and the unpromoted fellow distinct. 

Also i Tauroneo can only be a Red or Blue Armor, so :>_<:.

Yeah i know unbalanced banners are a common thing, but they make me feel bad.

it would be cool if they made him a colourless armour ;) because he had that awesome white armour going on. they could make him blue (for the lance)
hmmm. Jill being a green unit wouldn't be that bad - if she were a demoted unit afterwards. 

With more and more armor units that don't looks like they wear heavy armor I feel there is less indication on the field to tell you what movement type a character is. The line between an armored unit and an infantry unit has become blurry since last December. Even the danger area gets confusing for the player since it only updates at the start of a turn so things like armored boots or armor march mess with it a lot.

Maybe in a later update there will be an option to indicate color markers to indicate a different movement type, or even outright displaying the movement type icon over a unit?

18 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

okay. question.. why isn't clarine killing anything? it's always 0. 
(I have savage blow on her. but she does only have fear. do i need to give her pain or assault?)

i think assault has the most damage for generic non+ staves so go with that. pain has the least damage but it'd be good on another healer to help chip things down for her :P

4 minutes ago, wizzard of soz said:

i think assault has the most damage for generic non+ staves so go with that. pain has the least damage but it'd be good on another healer to help chip things down for her :P

yah i dropped from fear to assault and i got it all done. :)  all orbs done!

1 hour ago, RexBolt said:

Same, i'm babying them in the Training Tower. Odin is 35 thank's to the magic training and Tiki is 25. I feel Odin wouldn't be able to show his true potential without his pft weapon and a team for him anyway. 

Now Clarine? That's HELL!

1 hour ago, daisy jane said:

and the thing is. i don't even have any units that can at least soften them up. everyone murders everything. i'm wondering if having more dragons will help tiki. Clarine is just chip damaging too. like Odin at 35 should be doing more damage than 15. 

If you have spare stamina potions, you can always use Story 1-8-5 Lunatic, which has a level 40 troubadour with no weapon equipped. Do note that it has 43 Res, so you may need buffs for weaker units.

51 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

It was actually one of my all time favorite things in PoR that some prepromotes were better in the secondary weapons of the class, making both the unit and the unpromoted fellow distinct.

I'll agree. I always do like it when they do this. It doesn't have to be an automatic A, but at least a C please, unless you join really early. I feel sorry for Juno, not only does she have terribad stats on paper, but her Sword rank is E. To add greater insult, her parallel character in Dayan has much better base stats and C Swords.

Making Jill Lances and Haar Axes is fine for me. Lance Fliers are admittedly much more frequent in FE than Axe Fliers are, but it would distinguish these two characters from the same game. As long as Tanith doesn't get stuck with Lances, Swords for her, Sigrun and Marcia get Lances, and the Peg fliers in Tellius are perfectly balanced between Sword and Lance.

12 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

I'll agree. I always do like it when they do this. It doesn't have to be an automatic A, but at least a C please, unless you join really early. I feel sorry for Juno, not only does she have terribad stats on paper, but her Sword rank is E. To add greater insult, her parallel character in Dayan has much better base stats and C Swords.

Making Jill Lances and Haar Axes is fine for me. Lance Fliers are admittedly much more frequent in FE than Axe Fliers are, but it would distinguish these two characters from the same game. As long as Tanith doesn't get stuck with Lances, Swords for her, Sigrun and Marcia get Lances, and the Peg fliers in Tellius are perfectly balanced between Sword and Lance.

Couldn't agree more. It would be a cool thing to come back in future entries. I was little sad when i started Awakening and saw that Frederick's worse weapon was axes when he uses them in Heroes and Warriors.

So, I switched over to Lite Data version as soon as I could so that I could ensure I can play this game for a long time to come. The graphics and sound quality are, as expected, not as good. However, it runs smoothly, and the music is still good. It's mostly just the voice clips. They sound...muffled. But not all of them! It's a bit funny, running through a stage, moving around my units, and all of them are muffled, and then, suddenly, Ike's voice rings out clear as a bell! Each time is a bit jarring, but then I find it funny, so I decided to share it with those who may not have tried out the new lite version. :)

3 hours ago, RexBolt said:

As someone who had no trouble with the maps in the first place the only difference is that now I get 1 orb out of the whole set of maps instead of 2, unless there were other reward changes than 7th and 8th to being 3 dueling crests each.

I mean, I don't care too much, but I'd much rather have 2 orbs with one of them being harder than normal content than 1 orb without trying.

16 minutes ago, daisy jane said:

i broke my tooth. 
maybe the game will take pity on me and give me the halloween unit on both banners for under 40 orbs? 

Here's to hoping it does. And better get what's left of that tooth checked asap.

Tiki's part done in the Three Heroes quests done. Now to get Odin's and Clarine's.

2 minutes ago, Karimlan said:

Here's to hoping it does. And better get what's left of that tooth checked asap.

Tiki's part done in the Three Heroes quests done. Now to get Odin's and Clarine's.

yup. i called the dentist when i got to work. going in tomorrow. 
i hope you can get Odin/Clarine done. I finished mine earlier this afternoon. was proud of myself. 

Grand Conquests 8 start on the 21st. Its bonus move types are Armored - Cavalry - Flying, in that order.

The next Tempest Trial starts on the 14th. Its reward at 12,500 points is an Earth Blessing.

The overlap would be horrific, even with my current plan to purely autobattle both. :|

7 hours ago, Icelerate said:

What are your favourite supports of her? I haven't read most of them so I'm curious which ones I should start with. But despite Calill doing rather poorly in the CYL poll, she'll be added because of the bolded reason. Didn't you also want Meg in Heroes, so isn't it contradictory you aren't interested if there's no Calill? 

Geoffrey’s and Nephenee’s for me.

I want Calill in because I like Calill.
I want Meg in because she is the only canonical sword knight girl. Different situations.

So who would look good with the new Halloween weapons, aesthetics-wise?

Witchy Wand looks kind of like a parasol, so I feel like it might go well with Maribelle.

Slap a Bottled Juice on Dancer Xander or something for some fun 'drunken' party dances. The bottle might also fit Jakob for the whole butler thing.

I guess normal Niles's personality fits the Devilish Bow. Maaaybe Fallen Takumi but that might be pushing it.

Spoiler

For Dorcas's Hack-o'-Lantern, maybe Christmas Chrom since you also see a lot of sweets in Christmas, and the green contrasts the Santa outfit. Ditto with Chrismtas Lissa.

14 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Slap a Bottled Juice on Dancer Xander or something for some fun 'drunken' party dances.

JKJ51Bt.png?1

To be honest, I kinda don't think ANY seasonal weapons works well on anyone but the unit they come with... I gave my Sheena the Sack o Gifts, now she looks absolutely stupid (until we get a Santa hat), and my Takumi holding the Refreshing Bolt isn't much better...