Fire Emblem Heroes General Discussion and Links

eclipse

I wish they told in advance what the new banners are. Or at least told something at all, like they did back in March with Thracia. Uncertainty is the worst.

Edited by Vaximillian

• Replies 77k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Vaximillian

• Anacybele

• Ice Dragon

• Othin

23 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Calendar looks like every month *yawn*

That was my thought as well.

I'd also be a lot more interested in what the new heroes banners could be if I actually had orbs for them. Aside from rare occasions like the Muspell banner, all I ever seem to pull on anymore are seasonal and legendary banners. I hardly ever have orbs left for anything else with how much those suck up chasing things I want. Still disappointed I didn't get to pull on the Fates banner for Ophelia, but seeing how I'm at 5% on Halloween I guess it's a good thing I didn't. If something pity breaks me instead of Kagero I might die.

4 hours ago, Tybrosion said:

Yeah, and all the miscellaneous banners are rather cut-and-dry:

Tempest Banner: you'll know exactly who'll be here if you've seen the latest datamine
New Power: Lon'qu, Tana, Innes
Eph & Myrrh BHB: Ephraim, Myrrh, likely one of the Eirikas if I had to guess
Heroes with Smoke Skills: Sigurd, Pale Flower Nino, Kaze Brave Lyn; Kaze was yet to be on a banner but like hell IS is going to pick him over Brave Lyn
Heroes with Drive Atk: Leif + some combination of Delthea, Micaiah and Quan

Great, new banners for Innes and Leif (and maybe Quan) to try and distract me from witch Mia. This'll get interesting for me.

Thank god for not a lot of interesting units for me here. Innes is a huge problem though, as I really want him but still want more Halloween units too ugh. But luckily he's really the only thing distracting me from the Halloween banner :D

Okay. That was ridiculous. I really shouldn't have spent nearly an hour on Ursula abyssal. I'm not sure if I should've given Black Knight desperation just for one clear. But, well, I did beat Ursula abyssal on my own.

I literally needed every sacred seal slot to make this work :|

Edited by Sunwoo

I need three more Clairs and I'll have her at +10. Also, I somehow summoned two princesses from the Land's Bounty and TT banner. One was a lost princess where I'm not starting to suspect there's some sort of conspiracy going on with me and Kippu-drawn heroes as Elincia and Ninian are my most frequently summoned 5* heroes outside of legendary banners where Lene and Meisterhardt were a thing and the other was the other unit with Fierce Stance where I wished Fierce Stance was available from a 4* unit and I had a +Atk, -Def Jeorge and around 10 more copies of him. Time will tell if regular Linde shows up again.

I'm guessing Kana, both of them, can run the same Dark Breath sweep builds as F!Corrin, right? Only problem is that F!Kana is 5*-only while M!Kana is limited as a GHB unit. Speaking of M!Kana and it was probably mentioned already, but with one of the seals being Brazen Atk/Res, Alfonse can have +14 Atk/Def/Res when at <= 80% , giving him 65 Atk, 46 Def, and 36 Res, with refined Folkvangr's Brazen Atk/Def, Brazen Def/Res as his A passive, and Brazen Atk/Res as his seal. A resistance refined Folkvangr would bring him up to 26 Res before buffs and 40 Res with Brazen Def/Res and Atk/Res active. Getting him into the range is a problem, but that's the case for all Brazen builds. I can't wait for Brazen Atk/Def to become a seal allowing Alfonse to have +21 Atk/Res when in its range giving him 72 Atk and 53 Def. And then there's Ares and Eldigan if you choose to get Dark Mystletainnn for him who'd be able to stack it or have it and Distant Counter for stronger Dark Mystletainn shenanigans.

Edited by Kaden

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

That was my thought as well.

It seems like book III would start very underwhelming ... even for Heroes' standards.  I expected at least a little teaser, like a big block in the calendar titled "mysteriously cool new event, top secret". 

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

I'd also be a lot more interested in what the new heroes banners could be if I actually had orbs for them. Aside from rare occasions like the Muspell banner, all I ever seem to pull on anymore are seasonal and legendary banners. I hardly ever have orbs left for anything else with how much those suck up chasing things I want. 

I'm curious as well, but waiting for the banner info isn't that hard for me. 

1 hour ago, Alkaid said:

Still disappointed I didn't get to pull on the Fates banner for Ophelia, but seeing how I'm at 5% on Halloween I guess it's a good thing I didn't. If something pity breaks me instead of Kagero I might die.

I would have liked Ophelia too. I'm trying to categorize new heroes to be more patient about heroes from the regular pool which are not game-breaking. I'll be more than glad if she would pity break me on a future legendary banner, but F!Grima and Mia had priority. 

11 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

I would like to pull for normal Mia, but i'm not sure if it's worth the risk with 2 NH coming up and i already having Brave Celica and Halloween Mia.

Don't do it. There are several good sword units in the 3-4 star pool. Unless you're a huge fan or something

47 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Don't do it. There are several good sword units in the 3-4 star pool. Unless you're a huge fan or something

There are other reasons for pulling for characters than +10-ing them.

18 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

There are other reasons for pulling for characters than +10-ing them.

I did mention to pull if they're fan of the character. But sometimes players pull just because "OMG, amazing unit" when there are pretty comparable alternatives you can get for a far cheaper cost. Of course there's the art factor to be considered as well

Edited by silveraura25

10 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

It looks like Gamepedia has updated their tier list for the Halloween banner.

And Mia dethrones Veronica for top staffie.

I didn't bother checking last night, but it looks like Tana and Innes stay where they are (makes sense since they don't use their exclusive weapons on their optimal sets) and Lon'qu jumps up to A+ (where Mia and Leaf are).

It seems Legendary Lucina got bumped down, maybe due to Halloween Myrrh's existence and massive physical bulk?

22 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

It seems Legendary Lucina got bumped down, maybe due to Halloween Myrrh's existence and massive physical bulk?

Because Niles has superior bulk. And issues with Nowi and Lector for Lucina. Niles basically took her place. At least that's what I understood from their discussions in discord. Also, blue ranged will get a major rework for version 3.0.

8 minutes ago, silveraura25 said:

Because Niles has superior bulk. And issues with Nowi and Lector for Lucina. Niles basically took her place. At least that's what I understood from their discussions in discord. Also, blue ranged will get a major rework for version 3.0.

What do you mean? About Blue Ranged i mean.

4 minutes ago, RexBolt said:

What do you mean? About Blue Ranged i mean.

About a month ago, Gamepedia redid the green section of their Arena tier list with a focus on accurately lining up ranged with melee. They're getting around to the other colors, just at a glacial pace.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

It seems like book III would start very underwhelming ... even for Heroes' standards.  I expected at least a little teaser, like a big block in the calendar titled "mysteriously cool new event, top secret".

Hopefully it's just off the range of the calendar. If not book III, I was hoping for something else new but it seems like it's more of the same again. I'm still hoping for new events sometime since the only new thing lately has been Relay Defense, which didn't go so well.

11 hours ago, mampfoid said:

I'm curious as well, but waiting for the banner info isn't that hard for me. 

I would have liked Ophelia too. I'm trying to categorize new heroes to be more patient about heroes from the regular pool which are not game-breaking. I'll be more than glad if she would pity break me on a future legendary banner, but F!Grima and Mia had priority.

Yeah, exactly. I end up prioritizing the heroes on limited banners if I see a character I really like, so a lot of the normal pool units I'd like to pool for end up getting skipped these days. Since I decided I wanted Mia and Kagero, that means all my orbs have to go toward the Halloween banner before I can worry about anything else, since missing Kagero would be worse than missing a new normal pool unit. The fact that they've had at least 1-2 of my favorite characters on every seasonal since like... June, hasn't helped with this pattern. They've been out to get me this year.

I at least got a break with the Muspell banner, since September had no seasonal running and both girls sharing red on a 3-man banner meant getting at least one would be about as easy as it'll ever get.

Wanting Summer Noire on the upcoming legendary(if she's there), L.Lucina rerun next month, and then both the new Christmas banner + the rerun to try and get Lissa (not -atk) basically tells me I won't be able to pull on anything else for the rest of the year... Not feeling too strong to get Noire this month either, judging by my 5% Halloween rate. Hopefully Kagero actually shows up with the TT orbs and not a pity breaker or 5.5% rate, or that'll be more orbs I have to keep sinking.

5 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Hopefully it's just off the range of the calendar. If not book III, I was hoping for something else new but it seems like it's more of the same again. I'm still hoping for new events sometime since the only new thing lately has been Relay Defense, which didn't go so well.

The expected Book 3 start is November 9, the last day of new events on the calendar. So yes, anything else is out of range.

29 minutes ago, Othin said:

The expected Book 3 start is November 9, the last day of new events on the calendar. So yes, anything else is out of range.

But there is a new heroes banner on 23th? Do you think it will come with paralogue maps? Xenologue? 

37 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Yeah, exactly. I end up prioritizing the heroes on limited banners if I see a character I really like

Seasonal banners and Legendary heroes are evil. "Normal" banners are somehow relaxing with the knowledge that all units can be future pity breakers and some even demoted to 4* rarity. 

39 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I at least got a break with the Muspell banner, since September had no seasonal running and both girls sharing red on a 3-man banner meant getting at least one would be about as easy as it'll ever get.

Whom did you get? I didn't pull here. 

40 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Wanting Summer Noire on the upcoming legendary(if she's there), L.Lucina rerun next month, and then both the new Christmas banner + the rerun to try and get Lissa (not -atk) basically tells me I won't be able to pull on anything else for the rest of the year... Not feeling too strong to get Noire this month either, judging by my 5% Halloween rate. Hopefully Kagero actually shows up with the TT orbs and not a pity breaker or 5.5% rate, or that'll be more orbs I have to keep sinking.

Good luck getting Noire and Kagero!

I want a Lucina with a better nature (mine is -ATK) myself, since she is unique with her future vision and helpful in my clears. 

44 minutes ago, Othin said:

Yeah, I'm not really surprised to not get it this month, since November is when book II happened. Crossing my fingers they add a skill forge or something good along with it. We could really use something new to mess with.

8 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Whom did you get? I didn't pull here.

I really lucked out on it and got Laegjarn x4, Laevatein, Elincia and Alm in bit under 200 orbs. I guess the current 5% for Kagero is the universe balancing that out.

13 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Good luck getting Noire and Kagero!

I want a Lucina with a better nature (mine is -ATK) myself, since she is unique with her future vision and helpful in my clears. 

Thanks! And good luck getting a new Lucina too. I'd love to get her since she seems like the most fun and unique legendary with that assist skill, plus great art.

12 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

But there is a new heroes banner on 23th? Do you think it will come with paralogue maps? Xenologue? 

Well, we did have nine of last year's New Heroes banners get a paralogue so there's nothing really stopping them from sticking with paralogues until Book III starts. We'd at least get a new Chain Challenge if that banner does get a paralogue.

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I really lucked out on it and got Laegjarn x4, Laevatein, Elincia and Alm in bit under 200 orbs. I guess the current 5% for Kagero is the universe balancing that out.

27 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that's a lot of focus units and great pity breakers (even if they are not new units to you, I guess?). 

14 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Thanks! And good luck getting a new Lucina too. I'd love to get her since she seems like the most fun and unique legendary with that assist skill, plus great art.

Thanks!

Yeah, she is really fun because of Future Vision, even with -ATK she works pretty well. 

15 minutes ago, Tybrosion said:

Well, we did have nine of last year's New Heroes banners get a paralogue so there's nothing really stopping them from sticking with paralogues until Book III starts. We'd at least get a new Chain Challenge if that banner does get a paralogue.

Ok, so November makes sense for book 3. A little foreboding would have been nice though ... 

16 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Wow, that's a lot of focus units and great pity breakers (even if they are not new units to you, I guess?). 

Thanks!

Yeah, she is really fun because of Future Vision, even with -ATK she works pretty well.

Nope, but I'm happy to have a +3 Elincia and +2 Alm since I use both pretty often. +2 Legjarn (saving one for Duel skill SI) is cool with me too since she's who I liked most of the Muspell units.

I'm still surprised how great Lucina is compared to Lyn, when they're both colored bows. Granted my Lyn's -atk (superbane), but regardless she feels like a bad unit. Even with an atk seal to patch her up I don't find Lyn ever worth using over another other greens, but I can see myself using Lucina a lot if I manage to get her.

Thanks to Clarisse's lunatic map, I could auto-grind Summoner S-Support for BH!Roy in less than 10 Minutes. 

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

Nope, but I'm happy to have a +3 Elincia and +2 Alm since I use both pretty often. +2 Legjarn (saving one for Duel skill SI) is cool with me too since she's who I liked most of the Muspell units.

My Alm is +2 as well, but especially my Elincia could use some merges. She is a great Galeforce user. 

1 minute ago, Alkaid said:

[...] I don't find Lyn ever worth using over another other greens, but I can see myself using Lucina a lot if I manage to get her.

I would gladly take your Lyn to fodder her for SPD Tactic to Cherche

4 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

My Alm is +2 as well, but especially my Elincia could use some merges. She is a great Galeforce user.

Indeed. I haven't put Galeforce on any other red fliers yet, so she's still who I use the most.

6 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

I would gladly take your Lyn to fodder her for SPD Tactic to Cherche

I'd trade her to you if I could. Since my second was also -atk, Effie got to eat one for my mixed team. If I get a 3rd one I may do the same plan as you and give one to Cherche. (and then +10 her since my other merge projects are eternally waiting for more merge copies anyway) I haven't been able to fodder my last copy thanks to my collector mentality.

New heroes on the 23rd. I'll be damned if there hides a Rinkah. At least I scratch my orbs up again. I've gone overboard on the Deirdre/Sonya banner, because I could not pass the chance up to merge up 2 of my favorite units. But I will start to get more into 3 unit banners, so I can accept it. 
Btw, that banner screwed me a bit. I had 2+ Deirdre and Sonya without merge with 760 orbs left. Thought, maybe I get Deirdre to +8.
Well, I was pretty wrong, I know the game is like this but I had my hopes. I ended up with Sonya +6 and Deirdre +5. Variance in this game got me good, over 1,1 k orbs invested for Deirdre overall and she is +5. Still, I am in the average 200 orb per merge with Deirdre, could be worse.

Enough with this.
The next banner comes with a GHB, which should kind of say no to another Fate banner. I kind of hope it is a Tellius banner, it gives me more time to save up and I think the people who like Tellius deserve it the most. I still have to play Radiant Dawn, but I think it has brought up very good characters. 

Edited by Stroud

17 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

I'm still surprised how great Lucina is compared to Lyn, when they're both colored bows. Granted my Lyn's -atk (superbane), but regardless she feels like a bad unit. Even with an atk seal to patch her up I don't find Lyn ever worth using over another other greens, but I can see myself using Lucina a lot if I manage to get her.

You're missing out, L/Lyn can be extremely powerful. The buffs from her exclusive weapon and skill are great and she can perform as one of the best units against other ranged units with Vantage or Dull Ranged in her B slot.

Of course, an attack bane is pretty bad and should definitely be avoided at all costs.